It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 02-01-20, 10:52 AM   #2161
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_weatherman View Post
Don't think Klopp really wants him to sign an extension just to get some money for him, Edwards handles these things and I can't see them doing that, might even put off some suitors. Just let him leave on a free and save the wages, he's on a fair wedge I think.
I think he's on around £120k p/w so on the upper scale of salaries.....

Re the shouts to Spain or Italy - I agree that Lallana is a very technical player but I think his legs have gone and a top tier league is beyond him. He made a great tackle on Traore vs Wolves but I still saw Moutinho run away from him a few times.

Juve signed Rabiot, Can and Ramsey all on frees and none of them have set the world on fire. I think Lallana now is worse than those so dont see him at Juve.

I think the MLS would be a good bet - he's 31 now and a slower league at a lower level where he will have time could suit him better. Even a move to a lower premium side like Bournemouth or Southampton would be too much for him physically IMO
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 11:07 AM   #2162
gratziani
Dalglish

Thought he done really well against Wolves , pity he can't keep fit for long.

These last couple of games when he has been used has shown squad depth is needed as we have lost Fab and it hasn't affected us at all really.
gratziani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 07:39 PM   #2163
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Brilliant today. Proper captains performance when given the armband.

Helped the (very impressive) young players through the game by always, always, always being available for a pass. No matter how tight. With Milner injured and Lallana in form he could get some game time in the second half of the season.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 07:42 PM   #2164
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 05-01-20, 07:54 PM   #2165
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Yeah he was great out there, might find himself starting at Tottenham given the injuries.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 07:56 PM   #2166
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Quality
Old 05-01-20, 08:42 PM   #2167
greenturnip
Houllier

His first touch is awesome - some of the other players out there need to see that as the benchmark.
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 08:55 PM   #2168
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Wow, I didn't know he still that had that in him. A superb performance.
Old 05-01-20, 08:59 PM   #2169
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenturnip View Post
His first touch is awesome - some of the other players out there need to see that as the benchmark.
He controlled one out from the clouds with an absolutely sublime touch. He also lets his touch make space.

As good a performance as we’ve seen from him in a couple of years.
Old 05-01-20, 10:09 PM   #2170
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Wow, I didn't know he still that had that in him. A superb performance.
He was great alright.

He won't have an easier night than against Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin. Fuck me, at least I now know how Tom Davies was getting game time.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 01:08 PM   #2171
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 07-02-20, 01:14 PM   #2172
baitman
Daddy day care

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 05:44 AM   #2173
SB
Paisley

Curtis Jones will be happy to see him go if it means more game time for him next season.
Old 08-02-20, 05:56 AM   #2174
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Not surprising, sure he is hardly available throughout any season. Good player though which is a shame.
Old 08-02-20, 09:51 AM   #2175
The_weatherman
Smug

Seen Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester linked to him, I think Jones can easily replace him for us, we need his salary towards Mbappe anyway.
Old 10-02-20, 02:04 PM   #2176
Angryred
Dalglish

Can see him head back to Southampton.
Old 10-02-20, 02:09 PM   #2177
Liverpool
Paisley

He's been voted premier league player most likely to get cornavirus
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 02:10 PM   #2178
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Curtis Jones will be happy to see him go if it means more game time for him next season.

Perfect opportunity for Jones to cement a place on the bench and playing more games.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 02:19 PM   #2179
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
Old 10-02-20, 02:25 PM   #2180
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Old 10-02-20, 02:38 PM   #2181
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:

Under fierce competition from Keita.
Old 10-02-20, 03:59 PM   #2182
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Old 11-02-20, 07:56 AM   #2183
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Perfect opportunity for Jones to cement a place on the bench and playing more games.
Grujic & Wilson might fancy a bit of that too but I suspect both will be sold for a good profit.
Old 19-02-20, 12:23 PM   #2184
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 19-02-20, 12:50 PM   #2185
RichC
Meh

Let him go. He's a good player but 32 in a couple of months and never fit for very long either.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-20, 01:37 PM   #2186
Liverpool
Paisley

He's contributed when called upon this season. I think losing the captain's best mate and support of a senior player will be a loss. Also seems to be a brilliant trainer and close to Klopp. Think it will be a bigger blow than it appears to lose him.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-20, 01:43 PM   #2187
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I agree, it will appease the haters, but the squad chemistry is pretty much perfect and he seems to be a big part of the leadership group.

He's good enough to be featuring every week else where so will be interesting to see where he ends up. Leicester seems like a good fit given they will most likely have CL footy next season.
Old 19-02-20, 03:26 PM   #2188
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
He's contributed when called upon this season. I think losing the captain's best mate and support of a senior player will be a loss. Also seems to be a brilliant trainer and close to Klopp. Think it will be a bigger blow than it appears to lose him.
Old 19-02-20, 08:05 PM   #2189
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Quote:
Reminds of me when Rafa was in two minds about letting Zenden go, because he was the "glue" of the team, even though his footballing abilities were no longer adequate for our level at the time.
Phoenix07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-20, 12:24 PM   #2190
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Henderson is too focused to let Lallana going undo things

Besides which I think thats why we have kept Milner on

Theres going to be some changing over the next few years with players being eased out but I think the group even outside of the senior players are a pretty good bunch
Old 20-02-20, 01:45 PM   #2191
Fuzzy
Fagan

I don't think football clubs renew players' contracts based on their friendships, do they? Because I think some Lovren haters would be pretty disappointed if that was the case Keeping Milner makes all the sense in the world, as he still offers so much football-wise, Lallana sadly really doesn't anymore, and his spot should go to somebody like Jones. And I think Henderson probably finds there's more to LFC captaincy then having your mate in your room on travels
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-20, 03:02 PM   #2192
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I don't think football clubs renew players' contracts based on their friendships, do they? Because I think some Lovren haters would be pretty disappointed if that was the case Keeping Milner makes all the sense in the world, as he still offers so much football-wise, Lallana sadly really doesn't anymore, and his spot should go to somebody like Jones. And I think Henderson probably finds there's more to LFC captaincy then having your mate in your room on travels
Old 20-02-20, 03:31 PM   #2193
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
How does JLingz get a contract then?

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-20, 04:14 PM   #2194
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
How does JLingz get a contract then?
Not our problem
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-20, 06:26 PM   #2195
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Not our problem
Old 26-05-20, 09:06 PM   #2196
Irishnev
Shankly

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-20, 09:51 PM   #2197
red g
Paisley

Best he could have hoped for ( probably better)!

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 01:15 PM   #2198
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Not that we needed it but confirmation Lallana is off.

Old 09-06-20, 01:28 PM   #2199
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...rpool-contract

Quote:
Adam Lallana agrees short-term extension to Liverpool contract

Adam Lallana has agreed a short-term extension to his Liverpool contract that will enable him to complete the remainder of the 2019-20 season with the club.

The midfielder will remain with the Reds until the end of July to see out the current campaign as a member of Jürgen Klopp’s squad.

Lallana will then bring his six-year spell at Anfield to a close at the conclusion of the season upon the expiry of his contract.

Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “I know how highly sought after Adam is in this moment by other clubs who want him for next season, so for him this is a commitment to us and we are very appreciative to him for it.

“This is absolutely how it should be, too, because I am so pleased he will be with us to finish the job this season and have the farewell he deserves so much.

“It is not possible for me to find words in the English language to properly explain the importance of Adam Lallana during my period of being manager of this club.

“But, to be honest, now is not the time for these words. Because of this news – that he stays until we finish this campaign – I can say all the things I want and need to when our season is concluding next month.

“What I can say – and want to say – now is even the way he has handled this extension tells you all you need to know about the person and his character. A top-class professional and an even better person.

“Adam always puts the club first – always! In the conversations we have had, he has been the first to express that my priority as a manager needs to be the players who are at this club for longer than just the rest of this season.

“He wants to be here to finish the job and do it properly, but it says everything about him that his biggest concern was blocking the progress and opportunity of a player who is under contract for next season also.

“But his role is too important to lose him before this season is done. So, it’s fantastic we can delay our messages of gratitude and good luck until the end of July now.”

Lallana moved to Liverpool from Southampton in June 2014 and has since made 178 appearances, scoring 22 goals.

The world class playmaker has collected winners’ medals for the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup during his time with the Reds.

“I am really pleased to have the chance to finish this season – it means a lot to me and my family,” Lallana added.

“Now isn’t the moment to review my time here because the focus needs to be on the remaining nine matches and the club finishing the season in the best manner possible.

“Of course, one of the big personal positives about committing to this short-term extension is that I will now get to say goodbye to the people who mean so much to me in the right way.

“The gaffer has been different class and we’ve had an honest conversation about what my role will be in the remaining weeks. I want to contribute in the most positive way possible that helps him and the team, not just for the remaining matches of this season – but also what they’ll need to consider for next.

“I’m totally at peace with what that looks and feels like, and I know the role I’ll be playing for this team will help in what’s going to be an extraordinary period – the likes of which none of us have ever experienced.

“I feel in my time at Liverpool I’ve always looked to do the right thing for the team, the manager and the club in every decision I’ve made. I think this one fits into that category as well, so I’m buzzing to be seeing out this campaign and hopefully get to celebrate something memorable with an amazing group of people.”
Old 09-06-20, 01:29 PM   #2200
S-RED
Dalglish

Will give Jones more opportunity
S-RED is online now   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC