It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 24-07-11, 08:20 AM   #1
Spanishfly
Benitez

Stevie G

SSN reporting Stevie G will miss the first few games this season This may be why we have so many Midfielders? Maybe it is a case of hit and miss if Stevie fully recovers!
Spanishfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-07-11, 08:35 AM   #2
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

Don't worry, he'll be back.
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 08:38 AM   #3
Exiled_red
Paisley

There's no point in taking risks with him if he's not fit, hopefully we now have a squad capable of dealing with some of our better players missing.
Old 24-07-11, 09:24 AM   #4
lickedlollipop
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST View Post
Don't worry, he'll be back.

lickedlollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 09:36 AM   #5
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

Old 24-07-11, 09:47 AM   #6
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
There's no point in taking risks with him if he's not fit, hopefully we now have a squad capable of dealing with some of our better players missing.
Stevie needs to be handled with care during these twilight years of his career.

Was looking at him watching training the other day, and i had this thought of him standing there as manager, surveying his squad, i have a strong feeling he could very well be our next manager.

After Kenny has finished his 6-8yr stint obviously.

Last edited by Vermilion; 24-07-11 at 09:50 AM.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 10:06 AM   #7
Arn
Hodgsoned

He should understand now that he must quit playing for the national team. He simply can't cope playing for both them and us.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 10:12 AM   #8
Rowan
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
He should understand now that he must quit playing for the national team. He simply can't cope playing for both them and us.
I concur. May God have mercy on my soul.
Old 24-07-11, 10:35 AM   #9
Arn
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
I concur. May God have mercy on my soul.

The point is that he isn't giving himself even a fair chance to be 100% fit again if he continue playing for them.

A couple of months ago it sounded like he would be back in full training when the pre-season started. Now it sounds like he will miss one or two months of the season.

How bad is the injury really? Could he miss more than say the first two months of the season? I doubt that even our medical team know the answer.

I would say that they take no risks at all because if he get the same kind of injury again then they fear that it is career over for him.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 11:00 AM   #10
SB
Paisley

Quote:
It would be best for us that's for sure.
Old 24-07-11, 11:50 AM   #11
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
You're right Arn.

There's obviously some long term problems with Gerrard's fitness he needs to be very carefully managed which means him saying goodbye to England.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 12:19 PM   #12
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

rubs eyes , people agreeing with arnie.
Old 24-07-11, 12:29 PM   #13
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
rubs eyes , people agreeing with arnie.
Hope there's no chillies on them mitts of yours...
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 12:33 PM   #14
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

I don't cook. But i did do that once, when i was abroad. I was 8 years old and it wasn't very pleasant
Old 24-07-11, 12:34 PM   #15
Mostar
Chief Scout

Quote:

The point is that he isn't giving himself even a fair chance to be 100% fit again if he continue playing for them.

A couple of months ago it sounded like he would be back in full training when the pre-season started. Now it sounds like he will miss one or two months of the season.

How bad is the injury really? Could he miss more than say the first two months of the season? I doubt that even our medical team know the answer.
I would say that they take no risks at all because if he get the same kind of injury again then they fear that it is career over for him.
One more reason not to let Aquilani leave. We need options and we don't know when and how long it will take Stevie to be ready for the first team football.
Member #1 of the Luis Suarez fan club
Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 01:00 PM   #16
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You're right Arn.

There's obviously some long term problems with Gerrard's fitness he needs to be very carefully managed which means him saying goodbye to England.
Certainly in the short term. Most players want to win as much as they can before they retire and deluded or not I think English players think that England offers a route to doing that. It's a bit of a double edged sword - big tournaments can help provide players with a motivation to excel but the added matches in qualification and certainly friendlies are clearly unhelpful for players with injury issues.
Old 24-07-11, 01:20 PM   #17
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You're right Arn.

I don't see Gerrard quitting international football before next summer, maybe after 2012 Euros but definately not before.
Old 24-07-11, 01:47 PM   #18
Yozza
Shankly

There's a load of bullshit rumours flying around saying that Stevie missing the preseason tour & these games have nothing to do with football

Let's hope he fully recovers this time round & we see the best of him again very soon

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 03:48 PM   #19
BrooklynRed
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
There's a load of bullshit rumours flying around saying that Stevie missing the preseason tour & these games have nothing to do with football
Knowing that they are bullshit rumors, what are people saying is the reason?
Old 24-07-11, 05:08 PM   #20
dom9
Ant Pisser

God no. I have never seen anything to remotely suggest he could be a manager.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-07-11, 05:40 PM   #21
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRed View Post
Knowing that they are bullshit rumors, what are people saying is the reason?
I think there's still a policy of not publicising that kind of crap on here.
Old 24-07-11, 06:17 PM   #22
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:

Let's hope he fully recovers this time round & we see the best of him again very soon
What a surprise, there are always some bullshit rumours going around about Gerrard, usually started by Everton fans
Old 24-07-11, 06:25 PM   #23
cream
Paisley

Quote:

Isn't there always?
Old 24-07-11, 07:11 PM   #24
BrooklynRed
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
I think there's still a policy of not publicising that kind of crap on here.
But posting pictures of Jonjo Shelvey's penis are in order.
?

What does it hurt if it is presented as nonsense? would be good for us without access to the pub chatter of Liverpool to know what's being said... we have a whole forum dedicated to bullshit rumors about players coming and going etc. Can't see the hurt if presented as gossip.
Old 24-07-11, 07:28 PM   #25
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRed View Post
But posting pictures of Jonjo Shelvey's penis are in order.
?

What does it hurt if it is presented as nonsense? would be good for us without access to the pub chatter of Liverpool to know what's being said... we have a whole forum dedicated to bullshit rumors about players coming and going etc. Can't see the hurt if presented as gossip.
I don't remember saying anything about Shelvey's willy?

Bottom line is it doesn't matter whether you present it as bullshit or not, it's an open forum. Some people will think there's no smoke without fire and others are just plain malicious. Before we know it we've hit derby day and there's a new song about Gerrard out.
Old 24-07-11, 09:18 PM   #26
RedSince1964
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
I don't remember saying anything about Shelvey's willy?

Bottom line is it doesn't matter whether you present it as bullshit or not, it's an open forum. Some people will think there's no smoke without fire and others are just plain malicious. Before we know it we've hit derby day and there's a new song about Gerrard out.
Knowing the blue shite across the park it'll probably go something like:
Is he fit,is he fit Gerrard Gerrard
Is he shit, is he shit
Gerald Houliera

Oh, i see what Gerrard you mean now lol
RedSince1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 10:12 PM   #27
joyno
Fagan

heard a rumour and thats all that it is, that his groin muscle had grown away from the bone whatever that means.
joyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 10:39 PM   #28
Mostar
Chief Scout

Quote:
LFCtransfernews
Liverpool deny steven gerrard injury claims. Re iterated his rehabilition is perfect according to plan.[ESPNsoccernet]
Old 24-07-11, 10:56 PM   #29
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

https://www.facebook.com/Jeremy.Lfc3...10175202365982
Old 24-07-11, 11:02 PM   #30
Mostar
Chief Scout

Quote:
Hogwash?
Old 24-07-11, 11:23 PM   #31
Mostar
Chief Scout

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

Liverpool deny Gerrard setback

Quote:

Liverpool have moved to quell reports that Steven Gerrard could be set to miss up to the first two months of the season, after claims that his groin injury is worse than first thought.

A Sunday newspaper had written that the club were braced for the fact they will have to start the new Premier League campaign without their skipper after complications arose in the recovery from his current injury.

Such a layoff would also force him to miss England's international friendly with Netherlands on August 10 and struggle to be fit for the Euro 2012 qualifier with Wales on September 6, but the Reds are adamant the midfielder has not suffered any sort of setback.

"Steven Gerrard's rehabilitation is progressing as planned," the club told ESPNsoccernet.

Gerrard, 31, was not with the club on their recent tour of Asia as he continued his recovery on Merseyside.
Old 25-07-11, 01:25 AM   #32
Charly
Dalglish

That picture is ripe for a "Spearing".

We did well without Gerrard back of last season. We need to be looking to the future anyway. For too long we have been reliant on one or two players. We now have more than one player who can pick a pass.
Old 25-07-11, 02:24 AM   #33
Mostar
Chief Scout

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/...-valencia.html

Steven Gerrard targeting Liverpool FC return against Valencia

Quote:

Steven Gerrard is aiming to make his awaited Liverpool comeback against Valencia.

With under three weeks before the new Premier League season kicks off, doubts over the Reds captain's fitness have surfaced after he underwent surgery twice in as many months.

Gerrard first went under the knife in March to correct the groin problem which ended his season, following Liverpool's 3-1 win over champions-elect Manchester United.

Valencia travel to Anfield on August 6 for Liverpool's final pre-season friendly and Gerrard is hopeful of featuring in the game, ahead of Sunderland's opening day visit a week later.

The 31-year-old midfielder vowed in June that he would return to action in his best condition for over a decade, following a second successful operation on the injury in April.

"I have confidence in what I can do," he told the Daily Express at the time.

"I am going to be in the best condition physically going into this season that I have been for the last 10 years.

"I know I will be rusty in friendlies but I have confidence that I am going to be the freshest I have been, both mentally and physically, for a long, long time.

"I've not kicked a ball for a long time, probably the longest I have gone in my career, and I can't wait to get back now."

Alberto Aquilani, meanwhile, is expected to complete his loan switch to Fiorentina this week.

The playmaker returned to Liverpool this summer after a season-long stint with Juventus but the Serie A giants, and their competitors, refused to sign him on a permanent deal.

Reports in Italy, however, claim La Viola will hand Aquilani a return to his homeland with another season-long loan with some sources claiming he will wear the number 10 shirt.

The 27-year-old has impressed in pre-season for Liverpool, even earning plaudits from owner John Henry following his display against a Malaysia XI little over a fortnight ago.

But with a currently overstocked midfield, bolstered by the signings Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam, has ensured that Aquilani continues to remain surplus to requirement.
Old 25-07-11, 02:41 AM   #34
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

What the motherfuck? Why we sending aquilani on another seasons loan? I hope that is bullshit
Old 25-07-11, 02:49 AM   #35
Mostar
Chief Scout

I hopes too but this speculation seems to be growing.

Allegedly he spent Sunday with his agent in Florence trying to work out all details.
Old 25-07-11, 06:17 AM   #36
yamiedo
Dalglish

Before, knowing we were without Stevie at the start of the season would strike fear into me but with the depth we have now, it could actually be a blessing in disguise. Personally, I'd like to see Aquilani get a run in the team and see if he can keep his place. The guy's clearly got heaps of talent and hes looking impressive. So good to have so many good midfielders now. Not putting all our hopes in Gerrard like we once did.
yamiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-11, 08:12 AM   #37
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
What the motherfuck? Why we sending aquilani on another seasons loan? I hope that is bullshit

It seems crazy to do it again
Old 25-07-11, 10:51 AM   #38
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostar View Post
I hopes too but this speculation seems to be growing.

Allegedly he spent Sunday with his agent in Florence trying to work out all details.
Don't do it Albert, Florence is a hellhole.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-11, 09:51 AM   #39
kev776
Paisley

-----------------Carroll

Downing-----Gerrard/Louis------Kuyt
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-11, 09:56 AM   #40
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

-----------------Kuyt

Downing-----Luis------Gerrard

FTW

Actually, I hope we win it, tie the cup to a rope and drag it behind the bus in our PL victory parade. [Kenneth 4:2]
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC