It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 05-02-20, 06:08 PM   #321
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

As if anyone really gives a fuck whether Klopp is there in person.

It's no different to the faux outrage over the word Easter on Cadbury eggs etc.

Fucking bell-ends just want to be angry at something. Fuck off and be angry at the mop headed cunt at 10 Downing Street.
Old 05-02-20, 07:10 PM   #322
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
As if anyone really gives a fuck whether Klopp is there in person.

It's no different to the faux outrage over the word Easter on Cadbury eggs etc.

Fucking bell-ends just want to be angry at something. Fuck off and be angry at the mop headed cunt at 10 Downing Street.
It seemed to be the ex pros 'earning' a living as pundits that seemed to be suggesting that the U23 players will be bothered by it. Alot of them would have been making their first first-team appearance at Anfield in front of over 50k fans, sharing the experience with a close group of mates that they have come through the ranks with and a manager who knows them well, they beat a League 1 side to go through and got a great reaction from the fans, I'm sure they're really bothered about where Klopp was
Old 05-02-20, 07:32 PM   #323
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
So doing basic maths and a bit of guesswork, if we sold 40,000 tickets to adults the gate was 600,000. Hardly disrespectful to Shrewsbury. They'll just have to try and do it again next year and try harder in the league
Shrewsbury had 8k tickets all sold for 15 quid. I believe we sold the rest for 15 quid kids and 25 adults. So total gate closer to 1m. For them to have lost out on the 500k speculated we would have had to see them all for average 15 more and the game be on TV.

I actually delved into the split and its proper boring stuff for most but if you like trivial details it's worth it. E. G it's net gate receipts after legitimate costs deducted from gross revenue. A club can deduct 100 for the floodlights being used
Old 05-02-20, 07:42 PM   #324
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Shrewsbury had 8k tickets all sold for 15 quid. I believe we sold the rest for 15 quid kids and 25 adults. So total gate closer to 1m. For them to have lost out on the 500k speculated we would have had to see them all for average 15 more and the game be on TV.

I actually delved into the split and its proper boring stuff for most but if you like trivial details it's worth it. E. G it's net gate receipts after legitimate costs deducted from gross revenue. A club can deduct 100 for the floodlights being used
Tickets were 1 kids, 5 Young Adults and 15 Adults

Someone on Twitter suggested the first XI could have got into the game for 60 in total last night
Old 05-02-20, 08:04 PM   #325
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post

Someone on Twitter suggested the first XI could have got into the game for 60 in total last night

Actually, I hope we win it, tie the cup to a rope and drag it behind the bus in our PL victory parade. [Kenneth 4:2]
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 08:16 PM   #326
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:

Brilliant
Old 05-02-20, 08:34 PM   #327
rodo
Shankly

If shrewsbury fans are so arsed about the dough maybe a few more of them should go every fucking week and not just when the reds roll into town
Old 05-02-20, 08:52 PM   #328
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
If shrewsbury fans are so arsed about the dough maybe a few more of them should go every fucking week and not just when the reds roll into town

Hello mert.
Fivex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 08:52 PM   #329
Mr Darko
Benitez

Klopp's living rent free in a lot of people's heads - supposed to be the build up to Spurs vs Southampton but Talkshite have spent hours today talking about Klopp not attending. Some journalist/commentator for Talkshite called Charlie Wyett just had a meltdown, as if Klopp slept with his wife.

Would be hilarious if Klopp trolled them all by going on holiday for the Chelsea game.

There's loads of talk about how Spurs and Southampton are 'respecting' the FA Cup by fielding strong teams - yet these dumb pundits seem to forget the fact this is two Premier League teams facing eachother, not PL vs League One.

They also have miraculously failed to mention (even just once) that the only reason our game even went to a replay was because of a blatant hand ball in the box not given as a penalty, and them getting one from a foul clearly outside the box.
Mr Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 09:06 PM   #330
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
Shrewsbury brought 8,000 fans to Anfield. Their highest league attendance of the season is 8117 which includes away fans and average 6200.
Old 05-02-20, 09:16 PM   #331
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Darko View Post
Klopp's living rent free in a lot of people's heads - supposed to be the build up to Spurs vs Southampton but Talkshite have spent hours today talking about Klopp not attending. Some journalist/commentator for Talkshite called Charlie Wyett just had a meltdown, as if Klopp slept with his wife.

Would be hilarious if Klopp trolled them all by going on holiday for the Chelsea game.

There's loads of talk about how Spurs and Southampton are 'respecting' the FA Cup by fielding strong teams - yet these dumb pundits seem to forget the fact this is two Premier League teams facing eachother, not PL vs League One.

They also have miraculously failed to mention (even just once) that the only reason our game even went to a replay was because of a blatant hand ball in the box not given as a penalty, and them getting one from a foul clearly outside the box.
I don't get the obsession with 'disrespecting the cup' comment, they keep going on about the magic of the FA Cup and it being about upsets. Surely us putting out an understrength team makes it more likely there will be an upset, and making the cup more magical, everyone knew we were putting out an U23 side and we still sold the ground out, and won the tie. Would it have been more magical if we had put the first team out and given them a hiding? The FA also got a big tie in the next round, more people will be interested in Chelsea-Liverpool than would have been Chelsea-Shrewsbury. So what is there to complain about?

I think that people just want to make a song and dance about the cup not being as prestigious as it once was, but us putting a U23 side out isn't the cause of that.
Old 05-02-20, 09:26 PM   #332
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Ah right, got duff info on our ticket costs.
Old 05-02-20, 10:30 PM   #333
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:

Aye haven't checked it myself, but

Old 06-02-20, 12:31 PM   #334
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Was reading an article yesterday about some of the kids and it mentioned two of them who sort of passed me by in the game (I dont particularly follow the youth games closely)

Leighton Clarkson & Jake Cain

Apparently Clarkson has been training with the first team on and off for 6 months and in his first team session impressed so much that Klopp asked the staff to keep a close eye on him, apparently the staff see him as a natural successor to Henderson

Jake Cain has come in under the radar and again they have been surprised at the level hes at
Old 06-02-20, 12:41 PM   #335
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Clarkson's just a shit Jordan Henderson

Actually, I hope we win it, tie the cup to a rope and drag it behind the bus in our PL victory parade. [Kenneth 4:2]
Old 06-02-20, 01:34 PM   #336
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Which is exactly what Jordan Henderson is.
Old 06-02-20, 01:35 PM   #337
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
I don't like him but even I will admit he's good when he gets into top gear
Old 06-02-20, 01:59 PM   #338
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 03:03 PM   #339
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 06-02-20, 03:08 PM   #340
spud_gun
Paisley

The FA - Liverpool are disrespecting the cup by playing their U12 teams

Also The FA - 5th round will be midweek 3rd / 4th March.
Old 06-02-20, 07:41 PM   #341
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
The FA - Liverpool are disrespecting the cup by playing their U12 teams

Also The FA - 5th round will be midweek 3rd / 4th March.
Yep

Old 06-02-20, 07:54 PM   #342
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I am inclined to agree, I think that most would be best staying around at least another year for their development. But I wonder how getting tastes of first team football ahead of when you probably should have them influences your thought process. Does joining a league 1 or 2 side and getting some first team football at that level become more appealing. Not wanting to make their experiences this season into a negative thing because they aren't, but I have no idea what it might do to the mindset of some of the youngsters, we need to make sure that they are kept grounded and don't 'do a Bobby Duncan'
In fairness, the club probably needed a scenario like that to happen to show other young players about the pitfalls that can happen when you listen to shit agents rather than the coaches around you at this club.
Tough shit it had to happen to Bobby but he brought it all to himself.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC