It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-06-19, 11:49 AM   #1241
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by fah-q View Post
Lottery win aside, would you want your friends or family to succeed or fail?

Genuine question and not trying to catch you out, just interested.


He’s not going to want to see his friends fail is he??? Unless he is a complete psychopath.

I get it with the Lottery. Seeing your friends land upon unseen wealth through chance will totally change the dynamic. Plus if you know someone who has won the lotto statistically your own chances are massively diminished.

I won £1 on a scratch card I found on the ground yesterday
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 12:00 PM   #1242
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post

As an aside, I wouldn't want anyone I know winning the fucking lottery because naturally I'd be fucking jealous of their luck. Doesn't make me a bad person, but unlike you and some others, I'm too honest in sharing my feelings. If your brain cant comprehend this, I suggest you have a beer and throw another shrimp on the fucking barbie.
__________________
Sillyness in motion
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 12:39 PM   #1243
Pepe79
Dalglish
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,070
Fucking hell. All because Lallana called his Dad!
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 12:42 PM   #1244
fah-q
Touching cloth
 
fah-q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post


He’s not going to want to see his friends fail is he??? Unless he is a complete psychopath.

I get it with the Lottery. Seeing your friends land upon unseen wealth through chance will totally change the dynamic. Plus if you know someone who has won the lotto statistically your own chances are massively diminished.

I won £1 on a scratch card I found on the ground yesterday
You couldn't be happy for them and celebrate their good fortune?
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 12:57 PM   #1245
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
As an aside, I wouldn't want anyone I know winning the fucking lottery because naturally I'd be fucking jealous of their luck. Doesn't make me a bad person, but unlike you and some others, I'm too honest in sharing my feelings. If your brain cant comprehend this, I suggest you have a beer and throw another shrimp on the fucking barbie.
I've got to be massively honest here, I'd be a tad jealous that it wasn't me
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 01:00 PM   #1246
Pepe79
Dalglish
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,070
Remember when we weren't allowed to talk about last year's CL final in
this thread?

Now look at it!
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 01:03 PM   #1247
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by fah-q View Post
Lottery win aside, would you want your friends or family to succeed or fail?

Genuine question and not trying to catch you out, just interested.
Close family I wish all the success they can get.

Friends? There's a couple in our old group that have inherited/ stubbled upon decent money, the dynamic definitely changed. When someone is fucking off on holiday every month of the year you kinda get sick of hearing about it. I've been known to do a rain dance in the hope of some karma like revenge. Convinced it worked at least twice.

Rather than success I wish my friends and family good health.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 01:04 PM   #1248
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by fah-q View Post
You couldn't be happy for them and celebrate their good fortune?
Not a fucking chance. Unless they gave me a sizeable wedge.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 02:17 PM   #1249
fah-q
Touching cloth
 
fah-q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,132
someone else wins the lottery, I'm happy for them (as long as it doesn't cause them misery), I'd rather that than someone who got rich fucking people over.

Last edited by fah-q; 27-06-19 at 02:24 PM.
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-19, 02:36 PM   #1250
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Not a fucking chance. Unless they gave me a sizeable wedge.




FWIW I will be generous as fuck if I ever strike it rich on the lotto.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-19, 03:30 PM   #1251
Paul12
Benitez
 
Paul12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Plus if you know someone who has won the lotto statistically your own chances are massively diminished.
That is factually incorrect. Your chance of winning the next lottery are totally unrelated to who won the last one. Whether it was you, a mate or a stranger.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-19, 05:04 PM   #1252
Fan65
Fagan
 
Fan65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,338
Welcome to Peter & Bernie’s philosophical steakhouse
Fan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-19, 05:08 PM   #1253
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul12 View Post
That is factually incorrect. Your chance of winning the next lottery are totally unrelated to who won the last one. Whether it was you, a mate or a stranger.
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-19, 05:39 PM   #1254
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul12 View Post
That is factually incorrect. Your chance of winning the next lottery are totally unrelated to who won the last one. Whether it was you, a mate or a stranger.


I’ve never won, and I used to work with someone who did. I am very comfortable blaming him.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-19, 03:39 PM   #1255
Gray
Dalglish
 
Gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,306
Behind the scenes video made by IMG

Password UEFAimg
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-19, 09:25 PM   #1256
Cormack74
Shankly
 
Cormack74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post


I’ve never won, and I used to work with someone who did. I am very comfortable blaming him.



I know someone who won the millionaire raffle (well he was part of a syndicate so "only" picked up about 100K), so it's abundantly clear that his good fortune will have affected mine.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 04:44 PM   #1257
El Diego
Dalglish
 
El Diego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,324
A mate of mine won a million pound on a scratch card. I was happy for him, if you aren’t you shouldn’t really be calling them a friend.
__________________
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 04:48 PM   #1258
El Diego
Dalglish
 
El Diego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,324
If you genuinely feel like that then you really are a very bitter and jealous man. Some would say a cunt and I wouldn’t disagree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Close family I wish all the success they can get.

Friends? There's a couple in our old group that have inherited/ stubbled upon decent money, the dynamic definitely changed. When someone is fucking off on holiday every month of the year you kinda get sick of hearing about it. I've been known to do a rain dance in the hope of some karma like revenge. Convinced it worked at least twice.

Rather than success I wish my friends and family good health.
__________________
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 05:06 PM   #1259
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
If you genuinely feel like that then you really are a very bitter and jealous man. Some would say a cunt and I wouldn’t disagree.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 05:32 PM   #1260
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 20,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
If you genuinely feel like that then you really are a very bitter and jealous man. Some would say a cunt and I wouldn’t disagree.
Shots fired
__________________
☆☆☆☆☆☆ Champions of Europe. removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 06:14 PM   #1261
labourRed
Shankly
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 6,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
If you genuinely feel like that then you really are a very bitter and jealous man. Some would say a cunt and I wouldn’t disagree.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 06:16 PM   #1262
Fivex
The Wisp
 
Fivex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18,337
__________________
.
Coinbase (buy with card) | Binance (large caps) | Cryptopia (small caps) | Bitmex (leverage) | Coinigy (charts & portfolio tracking)

Hello mert.
Fivex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 08:00 PM   #1263
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
If you genuinely feel like that then you really are a very bitter and jealous man. Some would say a cunt and I wouldn’t disagree.
whoa. I'm singled out yet buzzo has pretty much echoed what I said and gets away Scot free.

I'm not bitter, but would certainly be jealous and on occasion I've been known to act a cunt and be called one. 2 out of 3 is not bad though.

Strange me saying I wish everyone I know good health wasnt mentioned as a plus when that is surely a better wish than good fortune on a gamble?
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 08:32 PM   #1264
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
whoa. I'm singled out yet buzzo has pretty much echoed what I said and gets away Scot free.

I'm not bitter, but would certainly be jealous and on occasion I've been known to act a cunt and be called one. 2 out of 3 is not bad though.

Strange me saying I wish everyone I know good health wasnt mentioned as a plus when that is surely a better wish than good fortune on a gamble?


It must be way I say it?

It takes courage to admit hypothetical envy towards a hypothetical friends hypothetical lottery win. I don’t think that makes you a cunt if that’s any consolation? Just makes you honest.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 09:12 PM   #1265
El Diego
Dalglish
 
El Diego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
whoa. I'm singled out yet buzzo has pretty much echoed what I said and gets away Scot free.

I'm not bitter, but would certainly be jealous and on occasion I've been known to act a cunt and be called one. 2 out of 3 is not bad though.

Strange me saying I wish everyone I know good health wasnt mentioned as a plus when that is surely a better wish than good fortune on a gamble?
I'd never called you a cunt, just if you genuinely meant what you said about being as bitter about you friends luck/success. Like I said my mate won a million on a scratchcard, I'm I jealous? Yes. Am I happy for him? You bet I am. I'm not going to be upset if it makes my mates life easier.
__________________
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 09:24 PM   #1266
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 32,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
If you genuinely feel like that then you really are a very bitter and jealous man. Some would say a cunt and I wouldn’t disagree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
I'd never called you a cunt, just if you genuinely meant what you said about being as bitter about you friends luck/success. Like I said my mate won a million on a scratchcard, I'm I jealous? Yes. Am I happy for him? You bet I am. I'm not going to be upset if it makes my mates life easier.
He’s got you Bob.

The truth is that If a hypothetical group called you a cunt after your mate hypothetically won the lottery and you were hypothetically jealous - El Diego would not take them to task over it on this scenario.

He wouldn’t agree. He just wouldn’t disagree.


Last edited by Buzzo; 05-07-19 at 09:27 PM.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 09:39 PM   #1267
El Diego
Dalglish
 
El Diego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
He’s got you Bob.

The truth is that If a hypothetical group called you a cunt after your mate hypothetically won the lottery and you were hypothetically jealous - El Diego would not take them to task over it on this scenario.

He wouldn’t agree. He just wouldn’t disagree.

__________________
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 09:50 PM   #1268
Pepe79
Dalglish
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,070
This thread used to be about winning a Champions League.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 09:53 PM   #1269
Phoenix07
The Normal One
 
Phoenix07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
This thread used to be about winning a Champions League.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 10:18 PM   #1270
Pepe79
Dalglish
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,070
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 10:52 PM   #1271
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
I'd never called you a cunt, just if you genuinely meant what you said about being as bitter about you friends luck/success. Like I said my mate won a million on a scratchcard, I'm I jealous? Yes. Am I happy for him? You bet I am. I'm not going to be upset if it makes my mates life easier.
Yeah you did
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 12:57 AM   #1272
banditos
Rocket Surgeon
 
banditos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,960
Some Perth-based reds rubbing the Mancs' noses in it

banditos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 10:43 PM   #1273
Deano
Shankly
 
Deano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,761
Anyone noticed that when big Virg shanks his shots, Orgi scores, against the Ev and now Spurs, cunning plan ....
__________________
I make no apologies, this is me
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.