It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 15-05-19, 02:01 PM   #4401
baitman
Daddy day care

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 02:02 PM   #4402
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbread View Post
Or is this just whatís always happened with progression in football but Iím getting old and donít like it?
Yep
Old 15-05-19, 02:32 PM   #4403
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I always told my City mates it would take decades of intense rivalry before I hated them like I hate United, but to be quite honest right at this moment I already hate them more. I can't believe I'm saying that, but at least you can respect United, grudgingly. These fucking cunts won the lottery and haven't a clue how to handle their new-found wealth and status. They remind me of that lout Michael Carroll who won massive amounts on the lottery years ago.
Iíve actually never met any genuine City fans, and thatís probably more down to the fact that historically they have not had a global fanbase. The closest is listening to the Gallaghers, and they seem to sum up the nouveau riche city fan perfectly. Noel in the changing rooms with his kids 5 mins after the trophy has been won.

That even must be annoying for the City players.

Iím sure as with every club there must be decent supporters, but thereís are hidden miles away.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 02:38 PM   #4404
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Fair fucks to the ones that stuck with the team when they dropped down the leagues. Proper non plastic fans. They must despair at the current wave of support.
Old 15-05-19, 02:49 PM   #4405
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Fair fucks to the ones that stuck with the team when they dropped down the leagues. Proper non plastic fans. They must despair at the current wave of support.
I have a feeling some of them may be the worst of the lot.
Old 15-05-19, 04:00 PM   #4406
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post

Quote:
ďThe song in question, which has been a regular chant during the 2018/19 season, refers to the 2018 Uefa Champions League final in Kiev,Ē a club spokesperson said.

ďAny suggestion that the lyrics relate to Sean Cox or the Hillsborough tragedy is entirely without foundation.Ē
Any song from last year that references last season and getting battered in the street can only reference one event and fan.

As for the rest of the denial....

Old 15-05-19, 04:02 PM   #4407
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I have a feeling some of them may be the worst of the lot.
There were a few around where I grew up, they were a bunch of insufferable arseholes when they were shit, I very much doubt their current situation has changed them for the better.
Old 15-05-19, 05:06 PM   #4408
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 15-05-19, 05:16 PM   #4409
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Pathetic. No problem going after something that Choudhury lad wrote at 15 though hey. Feels like they are in total control of everything here now, the majority of the media, referees, the FA, the lot.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 05:19 PM   #4410
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Was anyone honestly expecting anything different?
Old 15-05-19, 06:17 PM   #4411
ChesterDave
Paisley

If the rules allow for you to laugh at a supporter suffering life changing injuries then the rules are wrong. Or perhaps football is so far into the gutter than laughing at such a matter can't bring the game into disrepute
Old 15-05-19, 06:21 PM   #4412
fidget
Shankly

It's not against any rules or laws but it's certainly against common fucking decency.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 06:38 PM   #4413
Liverpool
Paisley

I'm amazed they haven't held their hands up saying 'we didn't realise' the Sean Cox link, its out of order, he's some money for his recovery and the LFC foundation.

I don't think this will go away
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 06:40 PM   #4414
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
I'm amazed they haven't held their hands up saying 'we didn't realise' the Sean Cox link, its out of order, he's some money for his recovery and the LFC foundation.

Iíd imagine thatís actually the truth. Itís an oblique reference perhaps if you are not as aware of everything going on within the LFC community, so to just say Ďwe did not realiseí would be something.

And then yeah, turn something negative into something positive.

As opposed to this, which is basically that they donít hive a fuck.
Old 15-05-19, 07:10 PM   #4415
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post

That's the thing that surprises me, I would have thought that would have been the easiest defence, whether true or not that they didn't realise, as I said earlier I doubt a lot of City fans know specifically what it refers to, and the players and staff are less likely still.

I also find it odd that they think that people are claiming the players changed the words, it is clearly a song that the fans made and they copied. The only thing I think that they might have changed was Ramos to Kompany (based on this season's game), although I am not sure if City fans have been singing this version since? While the battered in the streets line is distasteful you could use the excuse above. But the players singing about one of their own injuring a fellow professional, I don't really see how they can defend that, I also would have thought given the accusations about cynical fouls they might have been more careful. I wonder if this is why they have responded to the Sean Cox and Hillsborough accusations.
Old 15-05-19, 07:43 PM   #4416
calvoboy
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
That's the thing that surprises me, I would have thought that would have been the easiest defence, whether true or not that they didn't realise, as I said earlier I doubt a lot of City fans know specifically what it refers to, and the players and staff are less likely still.

I also find it odd that they think that people are claiming the players changed the words, it is clearly a song that the fans made and they copied. The only thing I think that they might have changed was Ramos to Kompany (based on this season's game), although I am not sure if City fans have been singing this version since? While the battered in the streets line is distasteful you could use the excuse above. But the players singing about one of their own injuring a fellow professional, I don't really see how they can defend that, I also would have thought given the accusations about cynical fouls they might have been more careful. I wonder if this is why they have responded to the Sean Cox and Hillsborough accusations.
Their response is akin to "no sir, I was just scratching my cheek with my middle finger, I wasn't being rude", or those BNP/EDL twats who swear blind they're just waving and not giving the Nazi salute.

They all know exactly what they are doing when they sing about victims and being battered in the street, the shameless cunts.
calvoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 08:30 PM   #4417
Tatterdemalion
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
Why would they be shitting themselves??

Taking UEFA or FIFA to court (other than through Court of Sporting Arbitration) means that you are not allowed to compete in their tournaments until the case is decided

UEFA wont give two fucks whether City go down the legal route
That is interesting..
Old 15-05-19, 08:35 PM   #4418
Charly
Dalglish

If City lose an arbitration appeal, csn Uefa increase the punishment?
Old 15-05-19, 10:57 PM   #4419
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

An article criticising City's ambivalence about the song. Written by a City supporter (so they do have genuine and empathetic fans, who knew?) maybe they should employ him.

Quote:
Manchester City’s defence of ‘battered’ song is seriously misguided
Club’s reaction to footage showing staff taking delight in lyrics that cause distress among Liverpool fans is a reminder we all can – and should – do better

David Conn

It did not take long for the most dazzling of Premier League title races to be plunged into a row between Liverpool and Manchester City supporters, over a City supporters’ song being taken up on a plane carrying players and staff on their gleeful flight back from Brighton with the trophy.

It was then startling to learn the club had issued a statement wholly defending the song, which glories in Liverpool misfortune, including their supporters being “battered in the streets” and being “victims of it all”.

“Any suggestion the lyrics relate to Sean Cox [the Liverpool supporter who was battered before last season’s Champions League semi-final with Roma at Anfield, suffering life-changing injuries] or the Hillsborough tragedy is entirely without foundation,” City’s statement said. As if that is enough to give the song official sanction, and can anyway be said so absolutely, when such needless offence has been caused.

In the Liverpool Echo, the football correspondent James Pearce denounced as “classless” and “disgusting” City staff singing that mocking version of the signature Anfield Allez, Allez‚ Allez song and said: “As for the reference to ‘victims’, the connotations of that word need no explanation.” Outside of Liverpool, perhaps, a little explanation of the loaded and wounding nature of that word is needed. Liverpool supporters feel it to be a clear, insulting reference to the Hillsborough disaster, having its roots in the nasty ditty: “Always the victim, never your fault.”

Vague as it is, that has been taken to be a reference to Hillsborough, where 96 Liverpool supporters lost their lives in a crush, and Heysel four years earlier, where 39 Juventus supporters were killed following disorder from some Liverpool supporters. Fourteen Liverpool fans were convicted of involuntary manslaughter following the terrible scenes at Heysel, so there is a puzzle over the “never your fault” part of the insult.

The word “victims”, sung as a sneer at a match, does not just voice a cold lack of empathy for the victims of Hillsborough and their families. It is also aimed at doubting their genuineness as victims, which has been deeply hurtful given the 30-year justice process, with legal proceedings still continuing.

By issuing their statement totally defending the right of City staff to sing this song, the club is saying the phrase “victims of all that” relates only to this song, about Kyiv last season, celebrating Liverpool losing in the Champions League final, Sergio Ramos injuring Mohamed Salah and fans being “battered in the streets”.

Pearce’s point, and that of many Liverpool supporters, has been that they have put up with City fans singing this all season but to see staff take up the song and the club defend it has elevated all this to near-official approval.

After a marvellous football contest and a sporting finale, with due compliments paid by both clubs’ managers, it hardly shows football’s best face.

Songs that cross a line of hate speech or racism are now rightly condemned and outlawed but this episode could be valuable if it allows an opportunity to make a plea for general sporting values and respect. I grew up in Manchester as a City fan, captivated by the spectacle and atmosphere, but I was also told as a small boy about the terrible Munich air crash and can always remember being shocked the first time I heard the song mocking the deaths of the United players and the suffering of Matt Busby.

The singing of that song has been explicitly addressed and condemned by City and other clubs in recent years, in a concerted way on the 50th anniversary in 2008, for which the fixture schedule sent City to play a derby at Old Trafford. In advance of the game, great old United players who survived the crash, and the former secretary Ken Ramsden who was already working at the club in 1958, remembered the awful loss of life, and the legacy.

The Munich song came up as a problem and Ramsden lamented he never heard it until the late 1960s or 70s, remembering how supportive City and their supporters had been of United at that traumatic time. He then nostalgically recalled that era of football before rivalries grew so venomous, when segregation was not needed or considered, when, he said, it was a lot friendlier and “supporters of opposing clubs used to walk to matches together”.

Football has always reflected a country’s culture and times, and England in the Brexit crisis can be viewed through some of the nastiness in football and on social media. We are sadly a long way from all watching matches together again but we could surely be better than this.
Old 15-05-19, 11:10 PM   #4420
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Sean Cox's brother making some valid points.

Quote:
Sean Cox’s brother criticises Manchester City over celebratory flight song

• Chant offensive to all football violence victims, says Martin Cox
• He accepts song on plane from Brighton is not about his brother

Andy Hunter

The brother of Sean Cox has described a chant sung on the plane carrying Manchester City players and staff back from Brighton on Sunday as offensive to all victims of football-related violence. Martin Cox, who was with his brother the night he suffered serious head injuries outside Anfield last year, also criticised City over their reaction to the tasteless song.

Footage emerged on Tuesday of a version of Liverpool’s Allez, Allez, Allez song being sung as City’s players and staff travelled back from clinching the Premier League title on the south coast. The City version refers to Liverpool going “all the way to Kyiv” only to suffer defeat in last season’s Champions League final. It adds: “Crying in the stands, and battered on the streets. Kompany injured Salah, victims of it all, Sterling won the double, the scousers won fuck all.”

The Premier League champions described claims that the chant mocks Sean Cox or the Hillsborough disaster as “entirely without foundation”. Martin Cox accepts the song is not about his brother, who was attacked by Roma supporters before last season’s Champions League semi-final first leg, and refers to Liverpool fans who were targeted by local hooligans in Kyiv. But he admits the song “hit a raw nerve” and insults everyone affected by football-related violence, including the Manchester City fan Paul Worth, who was left in a coma after being attacked in Germany in February.

Martin Cox told the Guardian: “I know the song isn’t about Sean. I’ve listened to the lyrics of the song and it is not aimed at Sean but at what happened in Kyiv where other people were victims of football violence. The song mentions people being ‘battered in the streets’. Sean and I were walking down a street that night when he was attacked and something like this brings back painful memories. And not only for us.

“Sean is a high-profile case but what about the people who were attacked in Kyiv and their families, or any other victim of football-related violence? It was not long ago that a Manchester City fan was attacked and seriously injured at a Champions League game. Why would you sing a song like that?”

A City spokesperson said: “The song in question, which has been a regular chant during the 2018-19 season, refers to the 2018 Uefa Champions League final in Kyiv. Any suggestion that the lyrics relate to Sean Cox or the Hillsborough tragedy is entirely without foundation.”

Martin Cox believes City’s failure to condemn the chant has made the matter worse. He added: “This is about people being attacked going to a football game. That hit a raw nerve with me and the City statement makes things worse. The City statement is on the defensive rather than apologising. They need to have a look at themselves.

“I would have thought City would have been gracious after just winning the league on Sunday. JŁrgen Klopp must have felt on the floor after the Wolves game but he congratulated Manchester City on their achievement. City should be singing about their club and the euphoria of winning the league. It is hard to understand why you would bring up a song about Liverpool and people being hurt when you should be singing about Manchester City. Obviously there is banter between football fans but people being battered on the streets is not banter. This is tarnishing their achievement.”

Sean Cox, a father of three, suffered permanent injury last April and continues to receive treatment at the National Rehabilitation Hospital in Dun Laoghaire. His brother added: “Everything is still so raw for us as a family. What happened to Sean turned our lives upside-down and something like this hurts. At the moment we are looking for the best places for Sean for the next phase of his rehabilitation. We are trying to find the best care we can for him. Manchester is one of the options.”
Old 15-05-19, 11:20 PM   #4421
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Has the mood softened amongst City fans... Enlightenment... any dawning realisation...

Not a bit of it.

Quote:
Nothing supports the accusation of Liverpool always playing the victim more than their complete over reaction to this video. The whole reaction in the media has been pathetic- clearly trying to fit in with the Dippers misinterpretation and mock horror of the lyrics.

Let’s be clear most of our players wouldn’t understand what they were singing - I suspect the staff started the song and a few players that knew it joined in. The song was written by fans and the Scouse interpretation of the lyrics has truly showed them for what they are.

We were stupid to let this get in the public domain. In a week when the football powers are doing their best to undermine us and having an Fa cup final we could do without this shit. We all know it’s pathetic but it’s bad PR
Quote:
More faux outrage from Liverpool and Creepy Conn.

Fuck 'em.
Quote:
Fact no one has said a thing about this song before now shows its not the song, its that its the players (allegedly) singing it.

And why shouldn’t they. Its not abusive, its not xenophobic or racist or sexist.

People get offended at anything these days, especially if youre a red dipper. In fact, the size of the blow out over this gives support to the very words within the song.

I hope its sung non stop for 90 glorious winning minutes on saturday. And hopefully the rest of the league join in come August
Quote:
I just know we are going to have 90 minutes of this song at Wembley, I hope it stays 0-0 long enough for the rats to tune in and hear it as it's only right that we give them more opportunity to be offended!
Quote:
This does raise an interesting question , why didn’t we apologise and draw a line under it?

The club obviously hold a similar view as us, if you don’t like it we don’t give a fuck , this is payback for the season load of shite we have had to listen to whilst we slowly and cruelty crushed their dreams

Suck it up
Quote:
David Conn has an agenda against our owner's. Its so predictable its boring. The whole agenda is anti muslim and Liverpool is the home of slavery too.
Quote:
Sean cox’s brother is now suggesting despite it not being about his brother, it reminds him of his brothers attack and he’s disgusted people would sing it.

Liverpool sing you’ll never walk alone every game, whilst it’s not about me, it takes me back to the time I had to walk home alone as a scared child, it’s disgusting people would continuously sing it.

Last edited by Buzzo; 15-05-19 at 11:23 PM.
Old 15-05-19, 11:52 PM   #4422
jonnygrunter
Benitez

Fuck me some of the comments there. Really boils my blood the stupid fucking cunts.

Xbox Live: Booshanker
jonnygrunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 12:11 AM   #4423
Mr Darko
Benitez

Lovely consistency from the scumbags at the FA regarding treatment of Money City versus other teams...

No punishment for these vermin players/staff for singing anti-LFC chants specifically about a Liverpool fan being beaten into a coma and our players being injured BUT Jack Wilshere gets fined £40k when he said an anti-spurs chant.

No punishment for Pep when he runs on pitch and celebrates City's 96th minute winner against Southampton. But Klopp gets fined for celebrating Origi's last minute goal against Everton.
Mr Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 08:42 AM   #4424
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

They have so much power they do what they want
Old 16-05-19, 08:56 AM   #4425
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I think we're being a little precious about this tbh.
Old 16-05-19, 09:00 AM   #4426
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Obviously
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 09:15 AM   #4427
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 16-05-19, 09:18 AM   #4428
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Fuck off you cunts

Quote:
Manchester City Football Club is disappointed, but regrettably not surprised, by the sudden announcement of the referral to be made by the CFCB IC Chief Investigator Yves Leterme.

The leaks to media over the last week are indicative of the process that has been overseen by Mr. Leterme.

Manchester City is entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body.

The accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false and the CFCB IC referral ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City FC to the Chamber.

The decision contains mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process and there remain significant unresolved matters raised by Manchester City FC as part of what the Club has found to be a wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process.
Old 16-05-19, 09:18 AM   #4429
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I think we're being a little precious about this tbh.

Who is precious about it?

I donít think City have handled it at all well.

They got caught, just admit it apologies admit lack of understanding and move on. Endorsing it is not the right thing.
Old 16-05-19, 09:23 AM   #4430
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Quote:

Fuck off you cunts
]
And they call us victims. Another pathetic statement. Hopefully the blatant lies and refusal to accept their guilt sees the punishment handed out as even greater now. 1 year CL ban would be disgusting, needs to be much more.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 10:17 AM   #4431
fah-q
Touching cloth

If these people have the balls to see this through, I think the 1 year ban will be the tip of the iceberg and they may start to stack up.
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 10:25 AM   #4432
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Lets hope there are some big balls in the chamber
Old 16-05-19, 10:27 AM   #4433
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
And they call us victims. Another pathetic statement. Hopefully the blatant lies and refusal to accept their guilt sees the punishment handed out as even greater now. 1 year CL ban would be disgusting, needs to be much more.
A fine, would provoke more creative accountancy in order to pay it. A one or two season ban should be imposed
Old 16-05-19, 10:46 AM   #4434
The_weatherman
Smug

I was thinking about this earlier, why wouldn't the UEFA take a hard stance against City? It's not like they have a huge sway among supporters, they are the perfect club to make an example of really.
Old 16-05-19, 11:08 AM   #4435
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Quite a contradictory statement.

All the talk of obfuscation when that is 100% their own tactic.
Old 16-05-19, 11:45 AM   #4436
Assassin
Kloppite

If true. WTF!!!

Quote:
The Whistleblowing hackers Football Leaks also obtained an email from City's club lawyer Simon Cliff, who allegedly wrote 'One down, six to go' when informed of the death of Jean-Luc Dehaene, one of the lead UEFA investigators.

A further email, written by Simon Cliff, was also obtained. A day before the agreement was reached, Jean-Luc Dehaene, who led a team of around seven UEFA investigators until falling ill in early in 2014, had passed away. 'One down, six to go,' Cliff allegedly wrote to a City employee who had informed him of Dehaene's death
Old 16-05-19, 02:00 PM   #4437
dizzycat
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
If true. WTF!!!
Wow, if that is for real it is an admission of guilt.
Old 16-05-19, 02:01 PM   #4438
Cormack74
Shankly

Lawyers are often scummy people in my experience . . it was only this morning that I was reading about high rates of sexual harassment in the profession.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 02:08 PM   #4439
Assassin
Kloppite

The more I think about this. The more a ban is the correct decision. First time they got caught out they had pay a fine of 49 mill. This time it should be ban, with a further warning of a life long ban if they offend again
Old 16-05-19, 02:13 PM   #4440
Dirk07
Hates the manc in the newsagent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
The more I think about this. The more a ban is the correct decision. First time they got caught out they had pay a fine of 49 mill. This time it should be ban, with a further warning of a life long ban if they offend again
I think this is the first time they have got caught ie they have been found to have cheated, misrepresented etc, before it was just that the figures they had didn't pass ffp and so got fined a percentage of their euro prize money.

I would have thought if they had got caught cheating the rules twice they would be looking at a multi season ban
Dirk07 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football