It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 19-07-20, 02:50 AM   #1201
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Wilson definitely won't make it here.
Old 19-07-20, 09:30 AM   #1202
Corndog
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul12 View Post
Wilson seems - juydging from afar I'll accept - to be viewed by Bournemouth as a bit of a luxury player (ie someone to be sacrificed if things need tightening up). My assumption as a resukt is that he probably disappears and isn't strong defensively.

On the other hand, Brewster has done well.
I can't say as I've barely seen him this season but I remember klopp mentioning his overall gameplay outside of his set piece taking needed to improve

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-20, 09:45 AM   #1203
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Sounds a bit like Beckham
Old 21-07-20, 03:44 AM   #1204
SB
Paisley

Loan deals don’t seem to work for us do they. I’m struggling to think of a player that we sent out on loan who came back to us & played successfully. Anyone else help me here ?
Old 21-07-20, 04:44 AM   #1205
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Loan deals donít seem to work for us do they. Iím struggling to think of a player that we sent out on loan who came back to us & played successfully. Anyone else help me here ?
Origi didn't do too badly!
Old 21-07-20, 07:21 AM   #1206
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Loan deals don’t seem to work for us do they. I’m struggling to think of a player that we sent out on loan who came back to us & played successfully. Anyone else help me here ?
Danny Murphy was probably the last one who went away and came back and established himself as a first team regular. Other players such as Origi have come back and done quite well.

There are a range of youngsters who have come back from loan and been squad players, the likes of David Thompson, Stephen Warnock, Jay Spearing, Martin Kelly, Jordan Ibe, all went on to be involved in the first team squad and play more than 50 games each for us after going out on loan, ultimately they didn't make it here long term but they were useful squad players for a while so it depends on your definition of success.

I think that there is an inherent bias in the players that are sent out on loan. The guys that you are confident will make it (Gerrard, Owen, Fowler, TAA etc) don't need to go out on loan, the players who aren't going to make it are shipped out before they get the opportunity. The youngsters who are loaned out are mostly in the 'maybe' category and statistically most of those aren't going to make it with us but will probably end up having decent careers elsewhere
Old 22-07-20, 12:33 PM   #1207
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Origi didn't do too badly!
He didnít do very well from memory when out on loan but yeah heís pitched in with mega important goals for us but never cemented a spot in the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Danny Murphy was probably the last one who went away and came back and established himself as a first team regular. Other players such as Origi have come back and done quite well.

There are a range of youngsters who have come back from loan and been squad players, the likes of David Thompson, Stephen Warnock, Jay Spearing, Martin Kelly, Jordan Ibe, all went on to be involved in the first team squad and play more than 50 games each for us after going out on loan, ultimately they didn't make it here long term but they were useful squad players for a while so it depends on your definition of success.

I think that there is an inherent bias in the players that are sent out on loan. The guys that you are confident will make it (Gerrard, Owen, Fowler, TAA etc) don't need to go out on loan, the players who aren't going to make it are shipped out before they get the opportunity. The youngsters who are loaned out are mostly in the 'maybe' category and statistically most of those aren't going to make it with us but will probably end up having decent careers elsewhere
You do have a good memory. I agree the ones we send out are the possibles at best & if they donít shine theyíre pretty much in the shop window to be sold. With the exception of Brewster I expect the rest to be sold within a year.
Old 22-07-20, 07:47 PM   #1208
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-20, 07:50 PM   #1209
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Last edited by Shaggy; 22-07-20 at 07:54 PM.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-20, 07:55 PM   #1210
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hansen
Yeh yeh, but can he track back and close down when it matters
Exactly this

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-20, 03:48 AM   #1211
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Quality goal that. I think thatís 10 in 20 appearances so far.
Old 29-07-20, 09:34 PM   #1212
Exiled_red
Paisley

Brewster scores for Swansea in playoffs but it looks like a consolation as they are 3-2 down on agg with 5 mins to go
Old 29-07-20, 09:51 PM   #1213
Charly
Dalglish

I didnt think a lot of him from the few LFC games I saw him in, but he has certainly gone away and caught the eye. Really hope he gets a shot... if not next season (if we lian him again), then the following
Old 29-07-20, 09:54 PM   #1214
Venton
Shankly

Nice goal as well.
Old 29-07-20, 10:03 PM   #1215
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

I think he's shown promise and I'm happy for him after his bad luck with injuries. For us though, its about style. Ing's is the perfect example, he's just bagged 22 Premier League goals but he didn't fit. I think Brewster will be similar, good player that probably won't fit unless we change.
Old 29-07-20, 11:31 PM   #1216
Irishnev
Shankly

Irishnev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-20, 12:21 AM   #1217
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

You cant ask for much more from him.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-20, 10:06 AM   #1218
Charly
Dalglish

No reason he cant adapt at that age?

How many teenagers could slot straight into out front line?
Old 30-07-20, 12:38 PM   #1219
Paul12
Benitez

He has done really well. I wonder whether in the long-term it is better for him to spend another season on loan and I wonder whether that will even be a factor if our short-term needs are different.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-20, 02:07 PM   #1220
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

It feels like once you go out on that second season on loan you never come back!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-20, 08:36 PM   #1221
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
It feels like once you go out on that second season on loan you never come back!
Said Harry Kane, never...

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
Old 31-07-20, 01:36 PM   #1222
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Definitely one of the exceptions to the rule .

Just checked and he managed 13 goals in 56 games while out on his various loan deals. Absolutely mad what he became!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 12:11 PM   #1223
baitman
Daddy day care

How is Nat Phillips doing at stuttgart, could he be our 4th choice CB?

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC