It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 14-01-20, 01:40 PM   #41
greenturnip
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
Didnt he start life as a winger and Gerrard moved him inside??
Yeah, I think so. He looks dangerous cutting in...he'll need to beef up to play in the middle.
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 14-01-20, 03:14 PM   #42
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenturnip View Post
Yeah, I think so. He looks dangerous cutting in...he'll need to beef up to play in the middle.
:like:

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 03:55 PM   #43
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

He'll get a few mins here and there for the senior side but look at what is infront of him... truth be told none of that side have a hope in hell of getting into our 11 at the moment. Probably best would be a loan move to champ or prem side if possible. Looks a tidy player but will get to the stage when he'll have to make a move to get regular footie at a good level.
Old 14-01-20, 04:04 PM   #44
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

I don't think he's that far off if he continues improving so quickly. I'd trust him to start in certain matches already to be honest. One huge plus he seems to have is that he's a goal threat.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 06:19 PM   #45
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I don't think he's that far off if he continues improving so quickly. I'd trust him to start in certain matches already to be honest. One huge plus he seems to have is that he's a goal threat.
I think he might get minutes in the league this season....... When we have it won

That is a brilliant opportunity for all involved prior to assessing during the summer
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 07:41 PM   #46
nineteen
Benitez

Not like for like exactly, but in terms of squad numbers - he replaced Lallana in the summer. In fact, I dare say in some areas he offers more than Lallana at this stage and will continue to improve with more opportunities.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 11:14 AM   #47
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenturnip View Post
That will come as he matures, the lads 18 or 19 isnt he?
Old 15-01-20, 11:14 AM   #48
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteen View Post
Not like for like exactly, but in terms of squad numbers - he replaced Lallana in the summer. In fact, I dare say in some areas he offers more than Lallana at this stage and will continue to improve with more opportunities.
Old 15-01-20, 12:27 PM   #49
SB
Paisley

Quote:
That will come as he matures, the lads 18 or 19 isnt he?
About to turn 19 from memory. Heís built up since I first saw him 12-18 months ago & yeah I donít think thatíll be a problem for him going forward. I really rate this fellow.
Old 15-01-20, 03:26 PM   #50
nineteen
Benitez

It's been said but worth reiterating ... another young player coming through rather than having to spend a wad getting in a big name. It gives the young players something to model and aim for. Add to that another local lad and all of a sudden you have two players, who could be around for a long time, at the heart of the team.

He's certainly good enough to get a proper go once this season is wrapped and for the duration of next season. If he kicks on, he could very well be the engine of the team for years to come.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 06:58 PM   #51
Charly
Dalglish

Quote:
Didnt he start life as a winger and Gerrard moved him inside??
I thougt that was because his crossing was crap, and I think it was Evans, who played a 532 without wingers
Old 04-07-20, 07:29 PM   #52
Irishnev
Shankly

Irishnev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 11:49 AM   #53
SB
Paisley

Glad to hear it. He’s a great prospect.
Old 05-07-20, 06:48 PM   #54
Exiled_red
Paisley

Only a brief cameo but decent performance and got his first PL goal. He looks like a player who is suited to our style of play and I'd like to see him get some more game time between now and the end of the season
Old 05-07-20, 06:49 PM   #55
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

He's always looking forwards. Stay or on loan to get games?
Old 05-07-20, 06:51 PM   #56
Phoenix07
The Normal One

He instantly dropped into the spaces, making himself available. I was desperate for Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain to do that, but neither of them did.

For his goal, he drops backs into the vacant space just before Salah reaches it to knock towards him. Excellent anticipation.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 06:54 PM   #57
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
I would say stay, but it depends on what else happens, I wanted him to take Lallana / Shaqiri's place in the squad, but if we are looking at bringing in Thiago that might limit his opportunities if no-one else leaves
Old 05-07-20, 07:08 PM   #58
Liverpool
Paisley

I think Klopp should have given him more minutes late on in games this season. Hopefully he does from now on.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 07:08 PM   #59
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
100% stay
Old 05-07-20, 07:22 PM   #60
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
100% stay

It's not often that a player goes out on loan then comes back and establishes themselves in our first team.

With Lallana leaving and Naby continuing to flatter to deceive then he's surely assured of more game time next season.

Though that may all change if we do indeed sign Thiago
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 05-07-20, 07:30 PM   #61
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
100% stay
Absolutely.

Brewster, Elliott will probably be loaned on but Jones and Williams are primed for the first team.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 08:07 PM   #62
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix07 View Post
He instantly dropped into the spaces, making himself available. I was desperate for Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain to do that, but neither of them did.

For his goal, he drops backs into the vacant space just before Salah reaches it to knock towards him. Excellent anticipation.

The issue wasnít the midfield as such today, but the lack of quality movement up front. When Firmino came on, the game changed . Keita making the assist for Maneís goal for instance. A more attacking midfield doesnít necessarily mean weíre gonna play better or score more goals.
Old 05-07-20, 08:28 PM   #63
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
100% stay
I agree but only if he gets enough minutes. Needs to keep developing. Would love another local lad to break through, although I'm not scouse, it always means more when a local lad gets in the team.
Old 05-07-20, 09:04 PM   #64
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Absolutely.

Brewster, Elliott will probably be loaned on but Jones and Williams are primed for the first team.
anyone we see a future for should be kept around the squad to train with the team and learn from the other senior players. I think Neco, Jones and Elliott will stay.

Brewster is an interesting one because he seems to be a box player and not a like for like for any of our front 3. If we loan him again next season then Iíd say he wonít make it here
Old 06-07-20, 12:19 AM   #65
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Jones is great. I love his stoned Scouse vibe in interviews. He seems self assured but not at all cocky and he's doing the business on the pitch. You love to see it.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 12:30 AM   #66
calvoboy
Dalglish

Quote:
anyone we see a future for should be kept around the squad to train with the team and learn from the other senior players. I think Neco, Jones and Elliott will stay.

Brewster is an interesting one because he seems to be a box player and not a like for like for any of our front 3. If we loan him again next season then Iíd say he wonít make it here
Klopp loves Brewster. Good to see him scoring goals for Swansea (got his 7th today) but I don't think he'll be going on loan again. He'll be given his chance next season and will either sink or swim.

Great to see Curtis score today though, he seems to have that something about him (attitude, quiet confidence, whatever it is) that it takes to make it at the top level. Fingers crossed he does.
calvoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 08:45 AM   #67
ronanm
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Jones is great. I love his stoned Scouse vibe in interviews. He seems self assured but not at all cocky and he's doing the business on the pitch. You love to see it.
He seems very cocky to me in the pitch. Not necessarily a bad thing
Old 06-07-20, 09:08 AM   #68
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvoboy View Post
Klopp loves Brewster. Good to see him scoring goals for Swansea (got his 7th today) but I don't think he'll be going on loan again. He'll be given his chance next season and will either sink or swim.

Great to see Curtis score today though, he seems to have that something about him (attitude, quiet confidence, whatever it is) that it takes to make it at the top level. Fingers crossed he does.
As much as I love Divock and the crucial goals he has scored for the club, I think it's time he stood aside and we gave Brewster a go. Origi has had his chance to shine and failed to take it, so let another young player be given the opportunity.

It would give Origi a chance to resurrect his career at another club, one where he could be a guaranteed starter and a good run of games in a fixed position, and give us a chance to trial some new options (Elliot, Brewster) for when one of the front three is rested.
Old 06-07-20, 01:50 PM   #69
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
As much as I love Divock and the crucial goals he has scored for the club, I think it's time he stood aside and we gave Brewster a go. Origi has had his chance to shine and failed to take it, so let another young player be given the opportunity.

It would give Origi a chance to resurrect his career at another club, one where he could be a guaranteed starter and a good run of games in a fixed position, and give us a chance to trial some new options (Elliot, Brewster) for when one of the front three is rested.
I agree, Brewster is not worse than Divock right now and the latter needs to kick his career off properly. Would be best for all IMO.
Old 06-07-20, 01:57 PM   #70
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

I'm predicting Curtis Jones will get 10+ goals next season. For me he's a massive talent, potentially on the same level as Trent.

It's part of the reason why the Thiago link doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 06-07-20, 02:07 PM   #71
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Kind of makes sense if you imagine that Curtis isnt ready for playing every game just yet. Lallana away, maybe big Shaq away. Replace them with Jones and Thiago.

Ox and Keita are fairly injury prone so we need numbers over a season.

Plus as yesterday proved every time we drop Hendo or he cant play at the moment we look bereft of creativity.

Trying to think of the other games he missed but they were just prior to lockdown and we struggled.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:19 PM   #72
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post

Looking back, Ings would possibly have been a better back up. But he wanted to play football every week and probably therefore doesn't regret his career decision.

I think if Origi played for a team with players behind him supporting him and setting him up, then he would flourish too. Just don't think we will ever play that way. I could see Origi signing for a team like Wolves if they sold that Raul Jimenez fella and doing really well.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:35 PM   #73
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post

Looking back, Ings would possibly have been a better back up. But he wanted to play football every week and probably therefore doesn't regret his career decision.

I think if Origi played for a team with players behind him supporting him and setting him up, then he would flourish too. Just don't think we will ever play that way. I could see Origi signing for a team like Wolves if they sold that Raul Jimenez fella and doing really well.
I dare say there is some regret there with us being CL & PL champions since he left for PL relegation battles with Southampton
Old 06-07-20, 04:01 PM   #74
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
I dare say there is some regret there with us being CL & PL champions since he left for PL relegation battles with Southampton
I doubt that. On a personal level it's been a great move for him. I'm sure he's delighted.
Old 06-07-20, 04:08 PM   #75
Fivex
The Wisp

Old 06-07-20, 05:23 PM   #76
Exiled_red
Paisley

I've been really surprised by the lack of game time that Jones has got since football returned, I thought that he was close enough to the side before lockdown and with the title more or less wrapped up at the restart and with Lallana (and presumably Shaqiri) on their way our, and with 5 subs available I really though the would have been the youngster to benefit the most, but I think yesterday was his first run out.

Regarding Ings is a boyhood Southampton fan and with all his injuries and at an age where he is/should be approaching his peak I think that he is happy to get first team football. He works hard which makes him (Ings) a Klopp type player but I don't think that his style of play really works with the system that we play at the moment, which is a concern that I have for Brewster, I can see why Origi was kept but I still don't think that he is really that well suited to the role he is asked to play.
Old 06-07-20, 06:16 PM   #77
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I doubt that. On a personal level it's been a great move for him. I'm sure he's delighted.
SOuthampton boyhood fan I think?

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 01:18 AM   #78
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

He's a Southampton boyhood fan right?
Old 07-07-20, 01:21 AM   #79
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Ings is a boyhood Southampton fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
SOuthampton boyhood fan I think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
He's a Southampton boyhood fan right?
He's a boyhood Sholing Football Club fan.
Old 08-07-20, 10:07 AM   #80
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
He's a boyhood Sholing Football Club fan.
Well, can't argue with that then!

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC