It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 07-02-17, 10:24 PM   #3961
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
I alway imagined you'd look a bit like the short fella and that Dom9 would look like the big fella

I've always had Dom down as tallish with glasses

But maybe a bit younger?
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 10:31 PM   #3962
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
I've always had Dom down as tallish with glasses

But maybe a bit younger?

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 10:34 PM   #3963
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post

Defo the mental picture I had of them both. Are we sure it isn't them? Another Duncan Jenkins thing.
Ha ha! Dom probably looks like one of them ha ha ha!!

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 10:42 PM   #3964
dom9
Ant Pisser

Ahem. I look exactly like my avatar, thank you very much.
Old 08-02-17, 08:08 AM   #3965
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Nailed
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-17, 08:24 AM   #3966
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Ah, Glen had all the moves. The cut inside, the pretending to go wide and then cutting inside, the pretending to cut inside before pretending to go wide and then cutting inside. You just never knew how he was going to cut inside.
Old 09-02-17, 12:15 PM   #3967
Havors
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
What a load of crap, he's played 10 league games! And hardly like he was keeping Neuer on the bench, as we've unfortunately come to see.
10 league games is plenty of time... if you are still fucking up and giving corners from your goal kicks you may need to be taken out of the headlights.

But hey if you though he was good enough the way he was playing then, that says it all. How long do you let a player play shite before you drop him? I bet you think Can should keep playing too... like he will miraculously become great after 2 years of showing potential but ultimately being fucking awful.
Old 09-02-17, 12:22 PM   #3968
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havors View Post
10 league games is plenty of time... if you are still fucking up and giving corners from your goal kicks you may need to be taken out of the headlights.

But hey if you though he was good enough the way he was playing then, that says it all. How long do you let a player play shite before you drop him? I bet you think Can should keep playing too... like he will miraculously become great after 2 years of showing potential but ultimately being fucking awful.
Dont try and twist it on to what my opinions on the players are, using Karius as an example of how stubborn Klopp is is utter shit and you know it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-17, 12:03 PM   #3969
RedSpartan
Evans

Jesus, just saw this stat posted up on the bbc sport pages from a tweet by Dan Walker...

Jurgen Klopps record after 54 games is the same as the Bodgers.... that has depressed my no end!

Jurgen Klopp's record after 54 games at #LFC
W 26
D 16
L 12
Brendan Rodgers' record after 54 games at #LFC
W 26
D 16
L 12#StatCave
9:35 AM - 11 Feb 2017

"How could I justify picking up my pay cheque if I stand here and say the tie is over? It would be just as stupid as saying we're going to walk all over them [in the second leg]. I can always supply silly answers to silly questions...... Yes, the tie is over, but we have to play them anyway."
RedSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-17, 12:39 PM   #3970
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSpartan View Post
Jesus, just saw this stat posted up on the bbc sport pages from a tweet by Dan Walker...

Jurgen Klopps record after 54 games is the same as the Bodgers.... that has depressed my no end!

Jurgen Klopp's record after 54 games at #LFC
W 26
D 16
L 12
Brendan Rodgers' record after 54 games at #LFC
W 26
D 16
L 12#StatCave
9:35 AM - 11 Feb 2017
Why is this depressing?
Old 11-02-17, 12:39 PM   #3971
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I don't see it as too depressing. Rodgers did pretty well for a while.

Last edited by Kenneth; 11-02-17 at 12:53 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-17, 12:41 PM   #3972
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I don't see it as to depressing. Rodgers did pretty well for a while.

I think its also worth thinking that Klopp has had experience of turning a team around - something that Rodgers has never done really.
Old 11-02-17, 12:45 PM   #3973
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Exactly. Rodgers didn't get sacked for his first 50 odd games did he.
Old 11-02-17, 01:54 PM   #3974
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Rodgers had the world's best player in his side too
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-17, 02:02 PM   #3975
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Exactly. Rodgers didn't get sacked for his first 50 odd games did he.
And Klopp has shown he can compete in the 'big' games and the way we blew away the smaller teams earlier in the season makes me confident we'all do so in the future with his players
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-17, 03:57 PM   #3976
dizzycat
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
And Klopp has shown he can compete in the 'big' games and the way we blew away the smaller teams earlier in the season makes me confident we'all do so in the future with his players
26 points against top 10 sides and 23 against bottom 10 sides is gutting really. All that has really been exposed in January is our lack of squad depth. We had no one of the quality/experience to freshen things up when we had injuries and form issues. Absolutely vital that we sign players this summer that can slot in and out of the system. Be interesting to see how we do with what we have for the rest of the season. If we consistently pick up points through March we should be alright.
Old 13-02-17, 04:02 PM   #3977
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzycat View Post
26 points against top 10 sides and 23 against bottom 10 sides is gutting really. All that has really been exposed in January is our lack of squad depth. We had no one of the quality/experience to freshen things up when we had injuries and form issues. Absolutely vital that we sign players this summer that can slot in and out of the system. Be interesting to see how we do with what we have for the rest of the season. If we consistently pick up points through March we should be alright.
I've been wondering if it is a system thing, a player thing, an over confidence or what has caused it.

Up until the middle of Dec we were flying and then a combinations of injuries (Matip, Coutinho, Lallana), internationals (Mane & Matip ) and loss of form due to being moved out of position (Lallana, Firmino) caused the drop in form.

Our first 11:

Mig, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Hendo, Gini, Lallana, Phil, Bobby, Mane

has proved that it can beat the good and the bad teams alike but we haven't had them all fit and playing together for almost 2 months. If we can keep them fit for the rest of the season I fancy us to get top 4 comfortably.

We need depth in the summer and that is buying first team players who move the current players to the "squad depth".
Old 14-02-17, 08:07 AM   #3978
danperkins

A bit of everything I would say. Without certain players in our side we seem to struggle, if even one of the 3 forwards is out the system seems to break down. I have no doubt in my mind that the lads have look knackered over the last few months & pressing has gone out the window. And I do think that the lesser sides have figured the worst way to play against LFC is the open up, so sitting compact and countering seems to be a common trend vs us. That coupled with not being anywhere even in the vicinity of being clinical and defensive brainfarts have put a nail in the coffin of any silverware this season.

We are still in a good position though and have a chance to push on.

The squad outside of the first 11 is clearly not great and we've struggled when we've had to rely on it.
Old 14-02-17, 10:56 AM   #3979
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
A bit of everything I would say. Without certain players in our side we seem to struggle, if even one of the 3 forwards is out the system seems to break down. I have no doubt in my mind that the lads have look knackered over the last few months & pressing has gone out the window. And I do think that the lesser sides have figured the worst way to play against LFC is the open up, so sitting compact and countering seems to be a common trend vs us. That coupled with not being anywhere even in the vicinity of being clinical and defensive brainfarts have put a nail in the coffin of any silverware this season.

We are still in a good position though and have a chance to push on.

The squad outside of the first 11 is clearly not great and we've struggled when we've had to rely on it.

i rememember reading that old cliche on Klopps teams that are like a machine and well one cog is not working it fails. Well thats the problem...replacing Firminho with Sturridge, Moreno for Milner or shifting players around just doesnt work. We need to ensure next season that we have a squad of at least 18 first team players that can fit into Klopps system

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-17, 04:50 PM   #3980
Charly
Dalglish

It still comes down to multiple defensive mistakes by individuals. A quality pairing at centreback would have conceeded less, defended better, and possibly boosted the confidence of the keeper. We still score enough goals, or create enough chances in most of the games we have dropped points. Its the lapses in concentration that seem to cost us, and I think that comes down to quality ( and quantity).
Old 14-02-17, 07:02 PM   #3981
Deano
Shankly

I'd liked to have seen Moreno play further forward, certainly has pace (no brain)
Old 14-02-17, 09:28 PM   #3982
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I'd liked to have seen Moreno play further forward, certainly has pace (no brain)

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-17, 10:33 PM   #3983
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
i rememember reading that old cliche on Klopps teams that are like a machine and well one cog is not working it fails. Well thats the problem...replacing Firminho with Sturridge, Moreno for Milner or shifting players around just doesnt work. We need to ensure next season that we have a squad of at least 18 first team players that can fit into Klopps system
Old 15-02-17, 06:16 PM   #3984
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I don't want Moreno anywhere near the field.

Actually it would have been worthwhile keeping Markovic this season - just to cover for Mane in January.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 07:09 PM   #3985
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Bingo. Hopefully Klopp is more aggressive in this window.
Old 15-02-17, 09:45 PM   #3986
Daffy Duck
Shankly

Jordan Henderson, Sheyi Ojo, James Milner, Sadio Mane, Kevin Stewart, Philippe Coutinho, Daniel Sturridge, Joel Matip, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alex Manninger, Adam Lallana, Ragnar Klavan, Divock Origi, Conor Masterson, Simon Mignolet, Georginio Wijnaldum, Alberto Moreno, Nathaniel Clyne, Harry Wilson, Emre Can, Connor Randall, Joe Gomez, Lucas Leiva, Yan Dhanda, Ben Woodburn, Loris Karius, Roberto Firmino.

Dejan Lovren, Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan, Ovie Ejaria and Marko Grujic have remained at Melwood to continue their rehabilitation programmes after injury.
Daffy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 10:50 PM   #3987
The_weatherman
Smug

Bogdan, he's still here eh?
Old 15-02-17, 11:43 PM   #3988
calvoboy
Dalglish

Quote:

I agree, but based on that we definitely need this summer:

A keeper - even if he thinks Karius is the future, surely Mignolet will go now?
A left back - we need one at least
A centre back - Matip, Lovren, Klavan then....we need one more to rely on, even if we're hoping Gomez will come good
Right-back is probably sorted.
Midfield - we probably just need one. We've got the option of Milner moving back in there, along with Hendo, Gini, Can and Lallana. Plus kids.
Wide players - at least one - we've only really got Mane with pace and guile out wide
Striker - we need one that Klopp trusts when Firmino is out. Origi and Sturridge don't fit that description at the moment, though Origi is still young and there's always Ings to come back (in god knows what state after the injuries he's had).

So that's at least 6 that we need to get in this summer. That's a big task given the quality we're looking for. We'd do well if even 4 of them worked out and were able to hit the ground running. It could take us a couple of seasons to get to where we want to be.
calvoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 08:56 AM   #3989
kev776
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvoboy View Post

I agree, but based on that we definitely need this summer:

A keeper - even if he thinks Karius is the future, surely Mignolet will go now?
A left back - we need one at least
A centre back - Matip, Lovren, Klavan then....we need one more to rely on, even if we're hoping Gomez will come good
Right-back is probably sorted.
Midfield - we probably just need one. We've got the option of Milner moving back in there, along with Hendo, Gini, Can and Lallana. Plus kids.
Wide players - at least one - we've only really got Mane with pace and guile out wide
Striker - we need one that Klopp trusts when Firmino is out. Origi and Sturridge don't fit that description at the moment, though Origi is still young and there's always Ings to come back (in god knows what state after the injuries he's had).

So that's at least 6 that we need to get in this summer. That's a big task given the quality we're looking for. We'd do well if even 4 of them worked out and were able to hit the ground running. It could take us a couple of seasons to get to where we want to be.
You see unless you work in the press or at the club, that is a better shout at what may happen, than Pearce could muster with all of his contacts/snippets.

I agree with it totally.

email it to Pearce, he can print it as inside info.
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 11:12 AM   #3990
Irishnev
Shankly

Might just be coincidence?

Old 16-02-17, 11:34 AM   #3991
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

You'd need to see those stats for all the teams for them to be relevant.

'Sports team requires rest' is hardly a revelation. They are fitting the stat to be fact. The underlying point is M, as we all know, that we need a stronger squad.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 11:49 AM   #3992
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

'Sports team requires rest' is hardly a revelation. They are fitting the stat to be fact. The underlying point is M, as we all know, that we need a stronger squad.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 11:52 AM   #3993
red g
Paisley

Quote:

not just rest but preparation and pretty sure that stat would apply to any top team!

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 12:21 PM   #3994
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:

I agree and I should have put my opinion on it but had no time....it suits their narrative.
Old 16-02-17, 12:36 PM   #3995
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I agree and I should have put my opinion on it but had no time....it suits their narrative.

It's such an obvious attempt at creating an angle for continued press coverage. The biggest problem with 24 hour sports news is they have to fill it with this sort of shite....

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 12:38 AM   #3996
Charly
Dalglish

I dunno, I do think there is something in that.

Our players cant go from footballers to supermen in one season.

I think anecdotally, as I dont have any other stats to hand, and I cant be arsed to look it up... we have had more possession and passes than any other team.

We seem to work harder pressing off the ball too. That has got to take a toll, especially if you are not used to that intensity.

I dont think our slup was down to any one factor, but I believe a bit of tiredness was going to be inevitable having played two games a week.

Of course extra players would have helped, but hopefully by next season we will be even fitter, have a bigger squad, a sound defensive core... all to help support our assault on the European Cup.
Old 17-02-17, 03:40 PM   #3997
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 04:15 PM   #3998
EwarWoo
Paisley

I hope they have a full week off between them.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 11:35 PM   #3999
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
I hope they have a full week off between them.
Old 20-02-17, 08:37 AM   #4000
BG1973
Fagan

Klopp's also come under question for leaving subs too late.

Which I think is down to lack of quality, or players that don't fit that system on the bench.

Improve both and starters will play less minutes.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC