It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-19, 10:10 PM   #161
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,429
RBS are the first team to score 3 goals at Anfield since Real M in 2014
__________________
Sillyness in motion
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 02-10-19, 10:14 PM   #162
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Going to Sweden on friday evening
Endless playing of ABBA! Get out of Sweden! Try Denmark.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 10:16 PM   #163
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Endless playing of ABBA! Get out of Sweden! Try Denmark.
In Copenhagen on the friday night I have to say I frequently go to southern Sweden and I have never heard an Abba track
__________________
Sillyness in motion

Last edited by Assassin; 02-10-19 at 10:21 PM.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 10:16 PM   #164
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace
 
Slinky Skills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 15,678
Haaland wouldn't be a bad shout if we're in the market for a striker. Looks a bit of a player.
__________________
Klopp on LFC vs MUFC (March 9th 2016) - "This is why I love football. This is why we watched it when we were young. I can still not have enough of it."


Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 10:25 PM   #165
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
Haaland wouldn't be a bad shout if we're in the market for a striker. Looks a bit of a player.
He plays in a shite league and scored a tap in me ma would have scored. He’s nothing special
__________________
Sillyness in motion
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 10:30 PM   #166
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 49,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Genk 0 - 0 Napoli
Nice
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 10:31 PM   #167
fabinho
Houllier
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 277
First game I've been to for a year, and it looked like a walk in the park at 3-0, then the heads fell after they scored their first. Minamino and Hee-Chan had a superb game for them.
__________________
Virg!

Last edited by fabinho; 02-10-19 at 10:33 PM.
fabinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 10:54 PM   #168
cream
Paisley
 
cream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
First game I've been to for a year, and it looked like a walk in the park at 3-0, then the heads fell after they scored their first. Minamino and Hee-Chan had a superb game for them.
Yeh they were fantastic, I thought their whole attack was really good. One of the best teams to come to Anfield in a long while.
__________________
Brandt - Keita - Van Dijk - Sessegnon
cream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 11:06 PM   #169
BigChief
Paisley
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,107
Credit to RBS. Hopefully they can knock Napoli into Europa this season.
__________________
It's Kloppering time!
BigChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 11:42 PM   #170
Liverpool
Paisley
 
Liverpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,217
That Minamino wont be there long if he keeps performing like that
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 11:48 PM   #171
labourRed
Shankly
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,419
Aye, we might well have found out new manager.

I'd forget Haaland. He'll end up in Manchester surely.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 02:05 AM   #172
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 33,623
That Minamino reminded me of Yossi Benayoun. What a great game he had today and massive credit to RBS.
__________________
Still doesn't know if it was cancer.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 06:52 AM   #173
Nicey
Paisley
 
Nicey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 21,018
Absolutely shocking performance from Hendo last night, worse captains performance for a very very long time. Single handly put his team in the shit time and time again and was responsible for all 3 goals.
__________________
Anybody who criticizes Klopp ever is a James Blunt. Nov 2015
#FUCKCITY
Nicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 07:08 AM   #174
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace
 
Slinky Skills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 15,678
I'd say Hendo wasn't alone in that respect, Gomez and VVD were both guilty of poor, sloppy play as well.

Not a great defensive performance all round really.
__________________
Klopp on LFC vs MUFC (March 9th 2016) - "This is why I love football. This is why we watched it when we were young. I can still not have enough of it."


Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 07:17 AM   #175
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,517
Klopp's probably considering terminating wor Hendo's contract. Never done nothing here, puts in about 15% most games

Get outta my club you scum!
__________________
Alive and kicking
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 07:34 AM   #176
BG1973
Fagan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,462
Hendo's abosutely fine.. My main concern is in the tight matches and in last the two league games he's looks a bit of a blunt instrument. He is a beast and has his place in the squad but maybe not be in those types of matches.

Last edited by BG1973; 03-10-19 at 07:36 AM.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 08:15 AM   #177
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 65,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post

I'd forget Haaland. He'll end up in Manchester surely.
Or Stoke.

He looked like a prototype for a futuristic cyborg kart horse.

The offspring of Tony Drago and Krychton from Red Dwarf.

An early model replicant.

A humanoid battering ram.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 08:17 AM   #178
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
Absolutely shocking performance from Hendo last night, worse captains performance for a very very long time. Single handly put his team in the shit time and time again and was responsible for all 3 goals.
I thought he was excellent for the first 30/40 mins. Then 3 or 4 players switched off including him.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 08:19 AM   #179
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 65,382
Worryingly open game last night from the first minute. No real control at any time apart from a couple of minutes in the first half when Leipzig's heads went down.

Leicester is gonna be a tough game, so hopefully this one has sharpened minds and served as a warning. We need to tighten up.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 08:20 AM   #180
labourRed
Shankly
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Or Stoke.

He looked like a prototype for a futuristic cyborg kart horse.

The offspring of Tony Drago and Krychton from Red Dwarf.

An early model replicant.

A humanoid battering ram.
Have you seen where Stoke are lately?

His next move is almost certainly one of the top European sides. He rejected a move to Juve last year.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 03-10-19, 08:22 AM   #181
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 65,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Have you seen where Stoke are lately?



His next move is almost certainly one of the top European sides. He rejected a move to Juve last year.
Can't say I have but it was a metaphor.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 08:29 AM   #182
labourRed
Shankly
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,419
I got it. They're going to fall a long way.

Anyway, that Hwang Hee-chan looks a fantastic prospect. The closest thing I've seen to a player that could be back up to Firmino in a long time. Looked at his history and he's been rated before, dipped but now looks on it... Much like Salah's trajectory, albeit at smaller clubs.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 08:32 AM   #183
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Worryingly open game last night from the first minute. No real control at any time apart from a couple of minutes in the first half when Leipzig's heads went down.

Leicester is gonna be a tough game, so hopefully this one has sharpened minds and served as a warning. We need to tighten up.
The lack of control was glaring. Even when we were at our free flowing best, I thought this was going to be one of these games. During that spell when we Blitzed them with our passing, everything was close to perfect, but one misplaced pace here, another one there, and they were through. Our press wasn't efficient because I guess they thought it was a bit too easy and they were gonna surrender, so the intensity and timing to regain the ball back was not there until Milner came in.

We need to freshen up against Leicester. Keita and Milner in for Hendo and Gini. The rest as you were, bar maybe Matip for Gomez. I thought Gomez was a bit rusty and out of sync with the others at times, but he needs more games to establish himself but with Matip in the form of his life he'll have to bide his time and hope for a longer spell.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 08:40 AM   #184
The_weatherman
Smug
 
The_weatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12,676
Seems this game was a good scouting exercise at least, but I do worry about our performances of late, we are open, soft and the pressing seems off rythm.
__________________
* The above is posted in my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
The_weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 08:42 AM   #185
labourRed
Shankly
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,419
Minamino also caught the eye. They're a talented bunch and youngish too. This won't be the cakewalk for Napoli and us that most predicted.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 08:47 AM   #186
fidget
Shankly
 
fidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
In Copenhagen on the friday night I have to say I frequently go to southern Sweden and I have never heard an Abba track
Get to Hija De Sanchez and post a pic of the tacos to make me jealous
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 08:48 AM   #187
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite
 
Pablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,498
Their next two games against Napoli are going to be pretty tasty. I think they're good enough in attack to make most defences look like they're having an off day.

We actually ended up in a pretty tough group!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 09:03 AM   #188
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 38,560
I was at the game last night

Sat with Liverpool and my 9 year old son, who was pretty overwhelmed by the noise and atmosphere (and was in tears when it went to 3-3). He loved having been there but I think he found it a bit louder than Tynecastle and the Betfred Cup.

It is the first time I have properly seen us since we got good, and for about 25 mins in the first half we were awesome. The team is so organic, like body parts, when one section moves another takes its place. Working well it is very impressive.

Robbo must have got wind that we were down and out in a supreme effort, even, incredibly, SCORING he was imperious at times. One of those games when he drives us on like a modern day Maldini. an absolute beauty.

When we were good the midfield, which covers for every area of the team as it stretched from left to right was immense. Hendo popping up all over the place, Fabinho snapping into tackles and mopping up. Gini joining the dots.

And then, the machine stopped working. The endeavour was there, but The passes were astray. Trent was having a shocker. Gomez looked stretched. Tackles were turning into deflections and Salzburg we’re getting in.

Weirdly, prophetically, when Salzburg scores their first goal the scoreboard gave them 3-3. It wasn’t long until it was. The subs made a difference. Milner added bite and control that Hendo had lost. Divok added pace (Mane vanished after half time).

We deserved the win.

Really great night.

Drove back got home at 2 and we are flying to Uganda today so O was up at 3

I’ve had so little sleep over the last 48 hours I’m slightly spun out. Since yesterday at 12:30 I’ve drive. To Liverpool and back, slept an hour. Got up at 4 for 6 am red eye to Amsterdam day in Schippol now waiting to fly to Entebbe

Asides. Took a regrettable google detour through Preston to avoid traffic and lost 90 mins. What a hovel Preston is absolute gridlock.

Parking at Anfield. Found an app where you book a space in someone’s driveway. Cost a tenner, was well located and the couple were lovely and gave us directions 10 mins and a bottle of water.

My track record. It was my first win saw us lose to Luton 4-1 in the 80s a shit UEFA 0-0 under Houllier and a 3-0 whipping from Napoli in the summer. Hard won.

Last edited by Buzzo; 03-10-19 at 09:14 AM.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 09:14 AM   #189
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 65,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I was at the game last night

Sat with Liverpool and my 9 year old son, who was pretty overwhelmed by the noise and atmosphere (and was in tears when it went to 3-3). He loved having been there but I think he found it a bit louder than Tynecastle and the Betfred Cup.

It is the first time I have properly seen us since we got good, and for about 25 mins in the first half we were awesome. The team is so organic, like body parts, when one section moves another takes its place. Working well it is very impressive.

Robbo must have got wind that we were down and out in a supreme effort, even, incredibly, SCORING he was imperious at times. One of those games when he drives us on like a modern day Maldini. an absolute beauty.

When we were good the midfield, which covers for every area of the team as it stretched from left to right was immense. Hendo popping up all over the place, Fabinho snapping into tackles and mopping up. Gini joining the dots.

And then, the machine stopped working. The endeavour was there, but The passes were astray. Trent was having a shocker. Gomez looked stretched. Tackles were turning into deflections and Salzburg we’re getting in.

Weirdly, prophetically, when Salzburg scores their first goal the scoreboard gave them 3-3. It wasn’t long until it was. The subs made a difference. Milner added bite and control that Hendo had lost. Divok added pace (Mane vanished after half time).

We deserved the win.

Really great night.

Drove back got home at 2 and we are flying to Uganda today so O was up at 3

I’ve had so little sleep over the last 48 hours I’m slightly spun out.

Asides. Took a google detour through Preston to avoid traffic and lost 90 mins. What a hovel Preston is

Parking at Anfield. Found an app where you book a space in someone’s driveway. Cost a tenner, was well located and the couple were lovely and gave us directions 10 mins and a bottle of water.

My track record. It was my first win saw us lose to Luton 4-1 in the 80s a shit UEFA 0-0 under Houllier and a 3-0 whipping from Napoli in the summer. Hard won.



Uganda?
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 09:15 AM   #190
jonnygrunter
Benitez
 
jonnygrunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

Asides. Took a google detour through Preston to avoid traffic and lost 90 mins. What a hovel Preston is
haha! i work in preston and the traffic is a complete nightmare! but yes it is! some parts are okay but generally a shit hole!
__________________
Polymetal Allooyy

Xbox Live: Booshanker
jonnygrunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 09:18 AM   #191
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 38,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post



Uganda?
Yep. Family holiday! My Dad works out there for 2 months at a time with a months break and they are taking us all out their loosely to celebrate their 70th’s.

I have only just told them about going to the game (my Missus was stressed) as it was pretty tight time wise making the flight his morning and they’d not have approved. I’d have been disowned if we’d not made it. Absolutely gunned it (87mph to stay on right side of feds) and did door to door in 4 hours exactly with one piss stop.

Last edited by Buzzo; 03-10-19 at 09:22 AM.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 09:19 AM   #192
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 38,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnygrunter View Post
haha! i work in preston and the traffic is a complete nightmare! but yes it is! some parts are okay but generally a shit hole!
We were getting stressed. As it was literally gridlock by the deep dale (I think I was lost). Absolute joke how much traffic was going through loads of little streets.

My son swore to me for the first ever time saying ‘this place is a shithole’ which cracked me up.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 09:20 AM   #193
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 65,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Yep. Family holiday! My Dad works out there for 2 months at a time with a months break and they are taking us all out their loosely to celebrate their 70th’s.



I have only just told them about going to the game (my Missus was stressed) as it was pretty tight time wise making the flight his morning and they’d not have approved. I’d have been disowned if we’d not made it. Absolutely gunned it (87mph) and did door to door in 4 hours exactly with one piss stop.
Nice. Enjoy!
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 09:33 AM   #194
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 49,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
We were getting stressed. As it was literally gridlock by the deep dale (I think I was lost). Absolute joke how much traffic was going through loads of little streets.

My son swore to me for the first ever time saying ‘this place is a shithole’ which cracked me up.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 09:58 AM   #195
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
Get to Hija De Sanchez and post a pic of the tacos to make me jealous
Top top tacos
__________________
Sillyness in motion
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 10:20 AM   #196
Harv
Randy Marsh
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
That Minamino wont be there long if he keeps performing like that
Yep, that's got to be one of the best performances against us for quite some time. He was absolute class
__________________
"When a man insults my country I insult him, by taking his woman" Tony Yeboah

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 10:56 AM   #197
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere
 
Lecter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
First game I've been to for a year, and it looked like a walk in the park at 3-0, then the heads fell after they scored their first. Minamino and Hee-Chan had a superb game for them.
Minamino is the first player I have seen give Fabinho a real runaround

He was excellent all game and I had to ask the fella next to me after 10 minutes who he was because I thought even then he was bright and taking up some great positions

Only when they changed system and he was pushed on to Fabinho did he really start to take the game by the scruff of the neck and he caused problems all game for Fabinho

He would definitely be the one to look at in that team

Hee-Chan was ok but it was Minamino that pulled all the strings for me
__________________
Bob Paisley - "This club has been my life. I'd go out and sweep the street and be proud to do it for Liverpool if they asked me to."
Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 10:58 AM   #198
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere
 
Lecter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
Absolutely shocking performance from Hendo last night, worse captains performance for a very very long time. Single handly put his team in the shit time and time again and was responsible for all 3 goals.
I would say Wijnaldum was equally as bad and Fabinho had his arse handed to him 2nd half

Thought it was very telling when Klopp said the team didnt win enough 2nd balls in the second half thats a collective responsibility of the entire midfield unit
__________________
Bob Paisley - "This club has been my life. I'd go out and sweep the street and be proud to do it for Liverpool if they asked me to."
Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 11:02 AM   #199
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere
 
Lecter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Aye, we might well have found out new manager.

I'd forget Haaland. He'll end up in Manchester surely.
Haaland will probably end up at United which is in effect the same as being at Stoke these days

Minamino would be perfect for City if they didnt already have an embarrassment of riches and the greatest young midfield player ever who doesnt play much
__________________
Bob Paisley - "This club has been my life. I'd go out and sweep the street and be proud to do it for Liverpool if they asked me to."
Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 11:17 AM   #200
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 128,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
I thought he was excellent for the first 30/40 mins. Then 3 or 4 players switched off including him.


Outstanding first 30-40, his passing was very good.
__________________
I am a member of Supergrass now
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:00 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.