It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 31-05-21, 08:52 PM   #481
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

We might not be selling but he might want to go to get first team football.
Old 31-05-21, 09:30 PM   #482
RedAndWhite
Dalglish

People in here seeming happy with 10/15M when Harry Maguire cost 85M
RedAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-21, 11:09 PM   #483
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAndWhite View Post
People in here seeming happy with 10/15M when Harry Maguire cost 85M
I would so love Klopp to come out with a statement like that when the first paltry 15m bid comes in.

He won't, cos he's too classy, but it would fun to watch Red Cafe explode.
Old 01-06-21, 07:25 AM   #484
Exiled_red
Paisley

The reasons Maguire went for that kind of money were he was hyped up by the UK press, he was a 'star' of England's 'successful' World Cup and was regarded as one of the countries best defenders, he had a good few years of top flight experience, Man Utd are a top club with alot of money and Leicester didn't want to sell. All this combined to produce a stupidly large fee. Most/all of those don't apply to Phillips
Old 01-06-21, 07:51 AM   #485
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
The reasons Maguire went for that kind of money were he was hyped up by the UK press, he was a 'star' of England's 'successful' World Cup and was regarded as one of the countries best defenders, he had a good few years of top flight experience, Man Utd are a top club with alot of money and Leicester didn't want to sell. All this combined to produce a stupidly large fee. Most/all of those don't apply to Phillips
Old 01-06-21, 08:40 AM   #486
RedAndWhite
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
While I agree, and yes there is a certain bias on my behalf, my point isn't entirely invalid. Maguire may be over priced, but i think that by the same measure Phillip at 10/15M is underpriced. He has shown as much this season given his relatively limited game time so far as Maguire had/has - again insert bias here - so to want rid for such a low price makes no sense.

Even looking at the improvement in the player himself in the time he has been in the first team shows there is still room to improve, and while he may never be a first team player he is solid squad player and one who I doubt we could readily replace for the same amount.
RedAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 10:34 AM   #487
Exiled_red
Paisley

I don't doubt Maguire was over priced, to be honest I have no idea where Phillips true value lies but a big part of the present market. Two big factors in any transfer are the situations of the selling and buying club. If the player is a first team player at the selling club there will be a reluctance to sell which pushes the price up. This applies to Maguire but won't apply to Phillips. Similarly the situation of the buying club affects price, if you are selling to us, Man Utd etc you will ask more than from a Burnley or Newcastle type club. Was it Jamal Lewis who went to Newcastle for alot less than they were willing to sell to us for? They see the bigger clubs as having deeper pockets and it's a chance to get more money and to be fair Leicester did it fantastically with Maguire.
Old 01-06-21, 11:56 AM   #488
frank the tank
Shankly

I think both opinions are true.

In reality, it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see Nat Phillips go to a Burnley or a Newcastle for 10 to 15mil and then move on again in a year or so to a Villa / Leicester / Arsenal / Everton for something like 40 mil. Edwards et al will know this a lot more than us and will therefore probably cover the bases with things like performance related add-ons and sell-on clauses.

It also wouldn't be a surprise to see him stay at LFC and not play that much.....and end up not progressing as a player and ending up in the championship at the end of it.

In reality he has a short career and he would probably be best advised to do something this summer to get a bit of a pay hike while his stock is high. I am not sure what his wage is now but if he moved to another premier league club, then surely it is likely he will at least double his money. His agent should be pushing for a pay rise anyway.

I think he might end up leaving in part-exchange for another player. Someone like Tielemens would be great!!!
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 12:06 PM   #489
Paul12
Benitez

I think a big part of the make-up of player is belief in oneself. Nat will feel he has proved, and can continue to prove, people wrong. So he will want to stay because he feels that, despite others getting fit and purchases, he will get enough games to make it worth staying. Only proof to the contrary will cause him to want to move.

The club will not want to sell this summer because there is too much uncertainty about the injured players.

Maybe though at Xmas when (a) he has seen he is not getting enough games and (b) some struggling team thinks his defending can keep them up.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 12:39 PM   #490
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul12 View Post
I think a big part of the make-up of player is belief in oneself. Nat will feel he has proved, and can continue to prove, people wrong. So he will want to stay because he feels that, despite others getting fit and purchases, he will get enough games to make it worth staying. Only proof to the contrary will cause him to want to move.

The club will not want to sell this summer because there is too much uncertainty about the injured players.

Maybe though at Xmas when (a) he has seen he is not getting enough games and (b) some struggling team thinks his defending can keep them up.

agree..... but lets say he is on 10k per week at Liverpool......and someone comes in and offers 35k a week......then he will want a hike at Liverpool. And his agent wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't go back to them and said "you are paying him as a back-up / development player but now he deserves to be a first team squad player"

If there is an offer of 15m on the player, then LFC will leave it up to the player in my opinion
Old 01-06-21, 01:11 PM   #491
baitman
Daddy day care

If we were to sell him for 15-20m then any replacement we were to buy in for similar money would be covered in question marks.
Id sooner we stuck with what we had and paid him a more realistic wage.
We dont know how well gomez, vvd and matip will return from injuries so we need a decent quality back up that won't be a massive step down in quality.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 01:17 PM   #492
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
If we were to sell him for 15-20m then any replacement we were to buy in for similar money would be covered in question marks.
Id sooner we stuck with what we had and paid him a more realistic wage.
We dont know how well gomez, vvd and matip will return from injuries so we need a decent quality back up that won't be a massive step down in quality.
agree completely - just not sure LFC will agree too
Old 01-06-21, 01:25 PM   #493
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Think it is win win whether he stays or goes.

He stays and we have a 5th choice CB that whilst being a big drop off in quality from three, if not all four, of those ahead of him, can still come in and do a job if we are stuck.

He goes and we get a much bigger fee for him than we would have last summer. Any fee from 15m to 25m would not surprise me for him.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 01:49 PM   #494
Zapater
Dalglish

Let's assume that Gomez, Virgil and Matip will return to some semblance of fitness. That means that we still have Konate ahead of him. He's above Davies and Williams in the pecking order. I think that Williams should be loaned out, but as it stands we have 7 players to fill 2 positions. That's excluding Fabinho who is a pretty good central defender himself. As injury prone as Gomez and Matip are, this is a freak season and it surely won't happen again.

Let go and use the cash towards Wijnaldam's replacement or another attacker. His stock will never be this high again and he'll rarely play outside of the domestic cups.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 02:06 PM   #495
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Let's assume that Gomez, Virgil and Matip will return to some semblance of fitness. That means that we still have Konate ahead of him. He's above Davies and Williams in the pecking order. I think that Williams should be loaned out, but as it stands we have 7 players to fill 2 positions. That's excluding Fabinho who is a pretty good central defender himself. As injury prone as Gomez and Matip are, this is a freak season and it surely won't happen again.

Let go and use the cash towards Wijnaldam's replacement or another attacker. His stock will never be this high again and he'll rarely play outside of the domestic cups.

Fifth choice is as good as it gets for him next season. He is well below the four above him in quality so he will need for three CBs to be out to get a game.

He turns 25 before the coming season ends so is going to boil down to whether he wants to be a ressie again at 25 (barring another season with a freak amount of injuries at the same time) or use his current enhanced profile to get a starting berth as a smaller club along with a big hike in wages.

As said earlier, it is win win for the club. He stays and the club keeps a low wage back up option that can fill in in a pinch.

He goes and the club gets a decent fee where they once would not have done so.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Old 01-06-21, 03:46 PM   #496
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post

We canít make that assumption tho- that & pushing Fabs back is what fucked us up this season. Plus we donít have Gini in MF & both Hendo & Millie are a year older, so thatíll weaken the MF even more without Fabs.
Old 01-06-21, 11:48 PM   #497
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
We canít make that assumption tho- that & pushing Fabs back is what fucked us up this season. Plus we donít have Gini in MF & both Hendo & Millie are a year older, so thatíll weaken the MF even more without Fabs.

Phillips as an option means not weakening our midfield that is already piss weak and has no real depth.
Taking fabinho or henderson into defence has proved to be foolish.
Will matip and gomez remain injury free. I woudnt bet on it.
This would move Nat up to 3rd choice, should we sign konate (and get a confirmation lean) and vvd returns with no issues...

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
Old 02-06-21, 11:26 AM   #498
Paul12
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Jurgen took a concious decision at the beginning of last season that Fab would be our fallback central defender. And yes it turned out to be a big loss. I wonder though whether it would have been such a loss in a normal season (ie with high fitness levels, more nd longer rest periods ...and therefore a team that is pressing consistently and higher up the pitch)? In that League winning season there were times where having two central defenders on the pitch seemed an unnecessary luxury.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 02:33 PM   #499
Fuzzy
Fagan

Dating Liam Gallagher's daughter not a good week for that cunt.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 03:28 PM   #500
S-RED
Dalglish

Things you like to see
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e9968b24-ba3e-48ba-87dc-219ab8785798.jpg (57.8 KB, 46 views)
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 03:43 PM   #501
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

Dating Liam Gallagher's daughter not a good week for that cunt.

Looks like one of those redneck horror films where a bunch of teens are being chased by some hill billy killers.

Old 02-06-21, 04:44 PM   #502
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Looks like one of those redneck horror films where a bunch of teens are being chased by some hill billy killers.
Deliverance was & still the best one!
Old 03-06-21, 10:11 AM   #503
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
Deliverance was & still the best one!

He got a real purdy mouth ain't he?

Old 03-06-21, 01:48 PM   #504
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
He got a real purdy mouth ain't he?

"I bet you can squeal like a pig!"

Old 03-06-21, 02:11 PM   #505
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

SCCCRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!

Old 03-06-21, 03:25 PM   #506
maxwellbaxter
Houllier

Old 03-06-21, 03:30 PM   #507
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Old 03-06-21, 03:33 PM   #508
maxwellbaxter
Houllier

Old 03-06-21, 05:03 PM   #509
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Old 03-06-21, 05:52 PM   #510
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellbaxter View Post
Haha..."Don't tell anybody about what happened out here!"
Old 03-06-21, 06:39 PM   #511
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
Haha..."Don't tell anybody about what happened out here!"
Was this on your last EST members meet up

Old 04-06-21, 11:05 AM   #512
Angryred
Dalglish

Talking

Quote:
Was this on your last EST members meet up
Yep, from that they coined the movie "I know what you did Last Summer!"
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM   #513
Fuzzy
Fagan

Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #514
vlahka
Still sulking...

There should be a law saying you have to wait 1 month after asking for the tattoo idea. By then you might come to your senses and not do it.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #515
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Looks more like Tony Bellend, sorry Bellew, wearing a Liverpool FC top.

In fact that is a rumour that should be spread in the hope Bellew hears it and gets wound up by it.

Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #516
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:

In fact that is a rumour that should be spread in the hope Bellew hears it and gets wound up by it.
Agree on the bellwhiff similarity, and defo send it out into the social media ether.
Step up Agent Shaggy

Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM   #517
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
My thoughts exactly!
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM   #518
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Agree on the bellwhiff similarity, and defo send it out into the social media ether.
Step up Agent Shaggy

If Bellend has a problem with that, I will meet him on the Grand Parade in Cork next Friday night. Street fight, Irish style

Rematch three months later in Chavasse Park some random Saturday night at kicking out time, live on PPV

Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM   #519
BG1973
Fagan

A lot of mixed messaging in that Tat.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC