It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 07-09-12, 08:14 AM   #1
AnfieldForever
Has left his site in good hands...

Hillsborough

Quote:
Duration: 30 minutes

For more than two decades, the families of the 96 Liverpool fans who died in the Hillsborough disaster have claimed that South Yorkshire Police covered up the full story of what happened on 15th April 1989. Now, Lucy Hester speaks to police officers, Hillsborough victims' family members and the author of an infamous article in the S#n newspaper which blamed Liverpool fans for the disaster.
This Sunday 22:25 BBC One only on North West, Yorkshire
AnfieldForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 07-09-12, 08:45 AM   #2
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

there's a story on the bbc site shocking BBC
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 09:14 AM   #3
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

Sun reporter voices regret over Hillsborough headline – but insists report was ‘balanced’

Harry Arnold, the Sun journalist responsible for one of the most infamous newspaper stories in British history, has spoken to the BBC about the events which led to its publication.
The controversial piece, written in the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster, alleged that drunken Liverpool fans had urinated on a police officer and stolen money from the victims of a stampede which left 96 fans dead.
Despite later proven to be untrue Arnold defended the article, claiming the allegations had been presented in a ‘fair and balanced way’ and instead sought to apportion blame to his editor, the pugnacious Kelvin MacKenzie.
Mackenzie edited Arnold’s original words: “this is the truth about the Hillsborough Disaster’ to simply “The Truth” – a move which left Arnold ‘aghast’.
Speaking to Hillsborough: Searching for the Truth Arnold said: “I'd never used the words the truth, "this is the truth about the Hillsborough Disaster" I'd merely written, I hoped and I still believe, in a balanced and fair way.
"So I said to Kelvin MacKenzie, "You can't say that".
"And he said 'Why not?' and I said 'because we don't know that it's the truth. This is a version of 'the truth'.
"And he brushed it aside and said 'Oh don't worry. I'm going to make it clear that this is what some people are saying'”.
MacKenzie declined to take part in the documentary.
The government is set to release documents relating to the disaster on 12 September, the date of publication of a long-awaited report from the Hillsborough Independent Panel.
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 09:26 AM   #4
paulg
Dalglish

How is him writing lies, based on nothing but false rumours at best, "fair and balanced"?
Scumbag pushing the blame onto his editor instead of taking responsibility for his own story. Yes, MacKenzie is just as much to blame, but this guy is trying to wriggle out of it.
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 09:48 AM   #5
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
How is him writing lies, based on nothing but false rumours at best, "fair and balanced"?
Scumbag pushing the blame onto his editor instead of taking responsibility for his own story. Yes, MacKenzie is just as much to blame, but this guy is trying to wriggle out of it.
Old 07-09-12, 04:19 PM   #6
dom9
Ant Pisser

This article has a bit more info:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-19507065

Quote:
The Sun journalist who wrote a story alleging drunk Liverpool fans abused victims and police during the Hillsborough disaster said he was "aghast" when he saw the headline.

Reporter Harry Arnold told the BBC his story had been written in a "fair and balanced way" and the controversial claims had been "allegations".

He said it was editor Kelvin MacKenzie who wrote the headline "The Truth".

Official papers will be released on Wednesday, 23 years after the disaster.

On 15 April 1989, 95 Liverpool fans were crushed to death and hundreds more injured on the steel-fenced terraces of Sheffield Wednesday's stadium, which was hosting the FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.

The 96th victim died in 1993 after four years in a persistent vegetative state.

Requests have been made by the BBC for a response or comment from Mr MacKenzie, but he has so far not responded.
'Can't say that'

In the programme, called Hillsborough: Searching for the Truth, Mr Arnold says: "On the Sun, Kelvin MacKenzie was the rather controversial editor at the time. He liked to write his own headlines.

"He wrote the headline 'The Truth', and the reason I know that is I was about to leave the newsroom when I saw him drawing up the front page.

"When I saw the headline 'The Truth' I was aghast, because that wasn't what I'd written.

"I'd never used the words the truth, "this is the truth about the Hillsborough Disaster" I'd merely written, I hoped and I still believe, in a balanced and fair way.

"So I said to Kelvin MacKenzie, "You can't say that".

"And he said 'Why not?' and I said 'because we don't know that it's the truth. This is a version of 'the truth'.

"And he brushed it aside and said 'Oh don't worry. I'm going to make it clear that this is what some people are saying'.

"And I walked away thinking, well I'm not happy with the situation.

"But the fact is reporters don't argue with an editor.

"And in particular, you don't argue with an editor like Kelvin MacKenzie."
'Rancid lie'

Liverpool fan Dave Kirby, who was at Hillsborough on the day of the tragedy, said: "Talk about kicking you when you're down. That was our hour of need.

"We had our arms open, looking for compassion and they came up with that despicable, obscene, rancid lie.
Dave Kirby Liverpool fan Dave Kirby said The Sun had printed a "despicable lie"

"There were a few broadsheets that went with it but it was The Sun that went with 'The Truth'."

A police officer who was on duty at Hillsborough when the events of 15 April 1989 unfolded told the programme he understood the anger of people in the ground at the time.

The officer said he had been at the scene and the fans did not behave in ways described by The Sun's front page headline or strap-lines.

He said: "I didn't see any Liverpool fans urinating on a police officer, or any police officers, and I didn't see any Liverpool fans steal money, steal money from dead people or pick money up that had fallen out of people's pockets.

"I didn't see that. And it probably didn't happen."
Thousands of documents

Senior officers responsible for policing the game, David Duckenfield and Bernard Murray, faced disciplinary proceedings and both left the force.

Mr Murray was cleared of two counts of manslaughter and the jury could not reach a verdict on Mr Duckenfield at a private prosecution at Leeds Crown Court in July 2000.

The documents relating to the Hillsborough disaster will be released at Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral on 12 September.

The government and police documents will be released in conjunction with a report from the Hillsborough Independent Panel.

It has examined hundreds of thousands of documents related to the disaster and has been chaired by the Bishop of Liverpool, the Right Reverend James Jones.
To be honest, I have never read the article. He may have qualified it with words like 'alledged' or he may not. I don't know if that makes it any better or not.

Tabloid journalism has always been in the gutter, from my point of view.

Last edited by dom9; 07-09-12 at 04:26 PM.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 04:40 PM   #7
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Tabloid journalism

Quote:
Surely they shouldn't go to print then?
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 10:07 PM   #8
Oberon
Benitez

Thought I'd put this as it's near the top.

It's a start
Old 09-09-12, 10:06 PM   #9
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Seen people tweeting that there's going to be a documentary on Hillsborough tonight at 10.30pm on BBC1 but can't see it on their schedule. There's a thread on RAWK about that as well.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...topic=297388.0
Old 09-09-12, 10:08 PM   #10
Liverpool
Paisley

only on North West, Yorkshire
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 10:11 PM   #11
Gibbo
Like a boss

Sky channel 956 or 958 if it's not your usual channel.
Old 09-09-12, 10:12 PM   #12
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Sky channel 956 or 958 if it's not your usual channel.
Don't have SKY.
Old 09-09-12, 10:16 PM   #13
ashey
Benitez

You can get it on Sky Channel 956
ashey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 10:18 PM   #14
Gibbo
Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashey View Post
You can get it on Sky Channel 956
If only someone told us sooner.
Old 09-09-12, 10:36 PM   #15
Catrin
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigey View Post
Don't have SKY.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...for_the_Truth/
Old 09-09-12, 10:37 PM   #16
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryncoch View Post
Thanks mate.
Old 09-09-12, 10:37 PM   #17
baitman
Daddy day care

STILL SEARCHING FOR JUSTICE... REMEMBER THE 96

YNWA

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-12, 12:17 PM   #18
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

For those not resident in the UK you can watch it here

Old 11-09-12, 03:24 PM   #19
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

TONY BARRETT

If you want to experience what it’s like when the population of an entire city holds its collective breath, visit Liverpool in the next 24 hours.

Look into the eyes of parents who live in hope of truth and justice and you will see a mixture of optimism and fear. Talk to people who have campaigned in the face of an establishment cover up and you will be struck by both their tension and their tenacity.

This is what almost 23 and a half years of living with the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster comes down to – an anguished, almost desperate anticipation that at least one of the painfully raw wounds caused by British football’s worst tragedy can finally be healed.

Tomorrow, in the wonderful neoclassical setting of St George’s Hall, thousands of people will gather, just as they have done when the city’s two football clubs, Liverpool and Everton, have paraded the trophies they have won at home and abroad.

This time, though, it is something much more precious than silverware that those present are hoping to see, they want to be able to celebrate the triumph of truth over lies after more than two decades of suffering a stigma of slurs that began even before those who perished on the death trap that was the Leppings Lane end had even been identified.

For that to happen, for a merciful release to be granted, something must happen which has never happened before – the state must accept full responsibility for the tragic loss of 96 lives at Hillsborough.

There can be no more diversions, no hiding behind scurrilous front page headlines derived from unattributed briefings and no authority figures abusing their positions to try and justify or, worse, explain away the chronic failings of South Yorkshire Police and other public bodies on April 15, 1989.

There must also be an acceptance that, in the words of Tony Edwards, the only ambulance worker who made it on to the Hillsborough pitch on that fateful day, the emergency services did not “give the proper care and attention that was due to the people who were dying.”

That is the hope, that the Hillsborough Independent Panel, which has scrutinised hundreds of thousands of newly released documents relating to the disaster, will usher in a new era of responsibility and perhaps even accountability.

But anyone who has been involved in the campaign for justice at any level is all too aware of the potential pitfalls of hope, they have been here before only to be kicked in the bollocks and sent packing by an establishment that after failing to show due care for those who were killed or injured at Hillsborough, then added to the suffering by shifting blame in a desperate attempt to avert attention from their own deficiencies.

From the imposition of a 3.15pm cut off point following the controversial ruling of Dr Stefan Popper, the coroner, that all of the victims had lost their fight for life by that point, to Lord Justice Stuart-Smith’s scrutiny which Andy Burnham, the MP for Leigh, admitted yesterday “had all the feeling of an establishment cover up,” a succession of official doors have been slammed in the faces of campaigners and they are all to wary of it happening again.

That is why Liverpool has the feel of a tightly coiled spring right now, the truth feels close enough to be intoxicated by it but there is still a suspicion, one built on experience, that it could yet be suppressed, that there are vested interests who will stop at nothing to prevent the world from knowing without fear of contradiction that Liverpool supporters were not the villains of the piece at Hillsborough – as they were shamefully portrayed in The Sun newspaper – they were actually the heroes.

In his report into the disaster, Lord Justice Taylor demonstrated beyond all reasonable doubt that ticketless fans were not a cause of the disaster, nor was the consumption of alcohol a contributory factor.

Instead, the judge laid the blame at the door of South Yorkshire Police, a verdict which failed to lead to the prosecution of a single officer who was on duty that day.

“A blunder of the highest magnitude,” was how Taylor described the decision of Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield to open an exit gate, allowing around 2,000 fans to flood into an already congested central pen of the Leppings Lane terrace. He also condemned the “sluggish reaction and response [from police] when the crush occurred.”

Still, however, more than 22 years after the report was published, the vicious falsehoods and malicious myths which were peddled by sections of the media that were compliant to Margaret Thatcher’s Conservative government continue almost unabated.

Taylor may have been one of the country’s most prominent and respected legal figures but his report was never going to be studied by anything like the millions of people who were startled by The Sun’s revelations that came less than 48 hours after the disaster.

Accuracy and exactitude has played forlorn second fiddle to sensationalism and slander ever since and it is this wrong, perhaps more than any other, that now needs to be put right.

An exchange on Twitter today between David Conn, The Guardian sports writer who has been at the forefront of the media campaign on Hillsborough, and a supporter summed up the imbalance. Neither the name, nor the club that the fan supports are of any significance, but his ignorance is.

“They scream justice, justice for what?” the fan asked. “Everyone knows SYP are partly to blame, but so are some LFC fans with no tickets.” All Conn could do was direct the complainant to a report he had never taken the time to read. “Very depressed you’re repeating false stories dismissed in the Taylor Report,” he said. “Try to open your mind [and heart] tomorrow.”

In just one brief debate on Twitter, the enduring tragedy of Hillsborough had been captured. The truth has been struggling to make itself heard ever since April 15, 1989 but tomorrow that could all change.

Should that happen then the people of Liverpool can collectively breathe out and the tension which currently grips them will be replaced by a palpable feeling of relief and expressions, not of victory, but of vindication.

It has been a long, painful wait but the end to their suffering finally appears to be in sight.
Old 11-09-12, 03:33 PM   #20
baitman
Daddy day care

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 11-09-12, 05:39 PM   #21
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Tomorrow is unspeakably huge. There are no words really, other than to say I hope with all my heart the families of the 96, and the city, gets the justice we all want.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-12, 05:46 PM   #22
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post

Watched it last night, found it very upsetting and although I don't know anyone who's been affected by the disaster I cried at one point.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-12, 10:06 PM   #23
Chazza
Des Lynam

Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-12, 10:13 PM   #24
destinydude
Dalglish

That pic

Hearing Cameron will make a statement in the Commons at 12:30 tomorrow.
Old 11-09-12, 10:26 PM   #25
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Tomorrow is unspeakably huge. There are no words really, other than to say I hope with all my heart the families of the 96, and the city, gets the justice we all want.
I pray the families get justice and their loved ones can finally rest in peace.
Old 11-09-12, 10:27 PM   #26
destinydude
Dalglish

That video posted above, I can't watch it anymore. It's making me cry. I hope the familes get all the justice they deserve.

Police are the ultimate scum.
Old 11-09-12, 11:09 PM   #27
Fredo

Yeah watched it last night and it was heartbreaking.
Old 12-09-12, 07:50 AM   #28
Chazza
Des Lynam

Old 12-09-12, 07:55 AM   #29
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
For those not resident in the UK you can watch it here

ITV1 London - Hillsborough_ The Search for Truth - Video Dailymotion
I'm not sure I can watch it after seeing some of the young faces of the victims. Being a parent changes you in that way, at least it does for me.
Old 12-09-12, 08:20 AM   #30
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Today feels so momentous, and it's the main headline everywhere, with a lot of coverage on the cover-up.

I really pray and hope that the truth prevails today.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 08:21 AM   #31
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Timetable for the historic day of the release of Hillsborough files and Independent Panel report

THE Hillsborough families may finally start to discover the truth about the disaster today after 23 years of campaigning.

The families of the 96 victims will be first to receive the long awaited Independent Panel’s report into the disaster.

They were due to be given copies of the much awaited report at Liverpool Cathedral this morning.

It is expected to reveal the full truth behind the tragedy that led to the deaths of 96 Liverpool FC fans in 1989 and finally shed light on the extent of the cover-up and who was involved.

The panel, led by Bishop of Liverpool James Jones, was due to address families this morning and answer their questions.

*Bishop James Jones: Hillsborough panel will shine a light in the darkness

Prime minister David Cameron will make a statement in the House of Commons at around 12.30pm.

He is under pressure to apologise and show the “same leadership” he displayed after the Saville inquiry into the Bloody Sunday shootings.

After the prime minister has spoken the panel will hold a press conference.

The report, which is expected to run to hundreds of papers, will be available on the ECHO’s website this afternoon after the conclusion of the press conference.

Later in the afternoon at 3.06pm, a two-minute silence will be observed and the bells at Liverpool town hall, the municipal buildings in Dale Street and Liverpool Parish Church will ring out 96 times.

Thousands of people are expected to gather on St George’s Plateau for a vigil which starts at 5pm. It will be addressed by representatives of the families.

The names and ages of those who died will be read by representatives of Liverpool and Everton FC.

Music during the vigil will be provided by the Love and Joy Gospel Choir and Alan Burke, Ian Prowse and Terry Clarke-Coyne – all members of the Irish Sea Sessions – will perform a version of Pete Wylie’s song Heart As Big As Liverpool, with Mersey Wylie, Pete’s daughter, among the backing singers.

The proceedings will conclude around 7pm with the singing of You’ll Never Walk Alone.
Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/2012/...#ixzz26Eo0y48M
Old 12-09-12, 08:24 AM   #32
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Full of hope but kind of terrified too.
Old 12-09-12, 08:35 AM   #33
Chazza
Des Lynam

Some families are going to find out today that their loved ones could have been saved if the 3.15pm cut off was not put in place.

Horrific
Old 12-09-12, 08:42 AM   #34
Alex
Administrator

Kelvin 'Cunt' McKenzie better not show his face all over the BBC today.

Really nervous as to what will happen/be said. I hope the families get what they want. They have fought so hard for it. They deserve it.
Alex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 08:46 AM   #35
Gingawaria
Dalglish

They went to watch a football match...the Police are there to protect people and they did exactly the opposite.

It makes my blood boil just thinking about it and I don't even know anyone who was directly affected. The fact that it's taken 23 years to get to this point is a complete embarrassment and I hope everyone involved is utterly ashamed of themselves although I'm fairly certain that most aren't.

JURGEN KLOPP - LIVERPOOL MANAGER

YNWA
Gingawaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 08:48 AM   #36
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Lets just hope the truth comes out and the families finally get the answers they are looking for.

JFT96!
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 08:50 AM   #37
Scotsdave
Souness

Thoughts are with anyone affected by this tragedy - its an abomination that no one in authority has been brought to any kind of justice for their operational ineptitude during the event, and their institutional cover up after the fact.

JFT96.
Scotsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 08:53 AM   #38
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsdave View Post
Thoughts are with anyone affected by this tragedy - its an abomination that no one in authority has been brought to any kind of justice for their operational ineptitude during the event, and their institutional cover up after the fact.

JFT96.
Old 12-09-12, 09:11 AM   #39
Yozza
Shankly

Hillsborough: Why disclosure of secret papers matters to familiesBy Katie Cooksey

BBC News

The Hillsborough Independent Panel has examined 450,000 documents

As previously unseen government papers about the Hillsborough disaster are released to the public, relatives of some of those who died explain why the documents are so important.

Margaret Aspinall never received a death certificate for her son James, who was killed at Hillsborough, because she refused to accept the inquest verdict written on it - "accidental death".

The inquest, which was held in 1991 into the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans crushed at Hillsborough stadium on 15 April 1989, has been criticised by campaigners for ignoring vital evidence that may show some victims could have been saved if not for a series of catastrophic failures.

Ms Aspinall, chairwoman of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, said: "It was no accident and I'm hoping there's going to be enough evidence there for us to go forward to override those [inquest] verdicts because we have never been satisfied with 96 accidents and I think it's very important to get the real verdict on our children's death certificates."

Now, with the release of some 450,000 internal documents, which have been examined over two years by an independent panel of experts chaired by the Right Reverend James Jones, Bishop of Liverpool, families hope the truth about what happened that day will finally be revealed.

"We have had mud slung at us for 23 years now," Ms Aspinall said. "I'm hoping this time people realise for 23 years we have been telling the truth - that it was complete negligence why 96 people died."

The Taylor report, published a year prior to the inquest, concluded that the "main reason for the disaster was failure of police control".

'No accident'

More than 3,000 supporters were admitted to the central pens - almost double the "safe" capacity.

However no-one has been held accountable for the disaster, after disciplinary procedures were dropped and a private prosecution cleared senior South Yorkshire police officers on duty.

Campaigners have always accused the police of conducting a cover-up to avoid criticism.

Margaret Aspinall says the 96 Hillsborough deaths were due to negligence Some hope the new documents will lead to an apology, some hope to see people involved brought to account, some hope to finally lay to rest the myths that fans themselves were to blame, and some want their relatives' inquest verdicts overturned.

The support group has listed 50 questions they want to see answered by the documents.

Why, they ask, did the game go ahead without a valid safety certificate for the grounds? Why wasn't the kick-off delayed? Why did only one ambulance get on to the pitch and why were only 14 victims taken to hospital?

Crucially, they want to know whether, if this series of failures hadn't happened, could any of their loved ones have been saved?

The inquest has been criticised for only taking evidence up to a cut-off point of 15:15, when it ruled the victims were all dead, or brain dead, as it has since emerged that some victims may have been still alive after that time.

'Sheer negligence'

The documents relating to what happened after 15:15 are now expected to be published, giving a clearer picture of the emergency crews' response and what, if any, treatment victims received.

Anne Williams' son Kevin was 15 when he died at Hillsborough Anne Williams claims she has evidence her 15-year-old son Kevin was still alive at 16:00 on the day of the disaster, and got 100,000 signatures on a petition calling for a fresh inquest into his death earlier this year.

She has also said she would not pick up his death certificate until the cause of death was "put right".

Police documents which had previously been redacted are expected to be seen in full for the first time, after the force had previously argued it was entitled to edit statements to remove comment and hearsay.

Ms Aspinall said: "If there's something new that comes out on Wednesday when we have been down for private prosecutions, we have had scrutiny and all we were getting told is you need new evidence, then if that's there why was that kept back and why did they let the families go through this for 23 years?

"Yes there was a chain of causation, yes they didn't have a safety certificate, yes the city council should have been involved, yes the standard of the fencing in the pens, we know all that. But none of that killed them.

"Opening those gates without blocking off the tunnel and letting another 2,000 people into already crowded pens was sheer negligence and somebody has got to be accountable for it."

Internal documents from the government, police, councils and other organisations are not normally released for 30 years to protect the government of the time, but public pressure has led to their publication seven years early.

Thatcher misinformed

When the independent panel was set up in January 2010 to examine the documents, panellist Phil Scraton, a professor of criminology at Queen's University, Belfast, said its establishment was a "clear recognition that the families and survivors have had neither the full story nor appropriate acknowledgement of the circumstances [of the disaster]."

More than 139,000 people signed a government e-petition calling for the full, uncensored disclosure of the government documents.

Some of the documents were seen by the BBC in March - they showed Margaret Thatcher was misinformed by senior officers in Merseyside Police in the immediate aftermath that a "tanked-up mob" were to blame.

Steve Kelly, who lost his brother Michael at Hillsborough, said Mrs Thatcher should be the one to give any apology.

"If the prime minister gives an apology, if that gives the other 95 families a small bit of satisfaction that's fine by me.

"It won't give any satisfaction to me because it's the prime minister of the day who should be doing that apology."

He added: "I hope the documents clearly show where the blame lay and more importantly for me where the blame didn't lie.

"It needs to go down in history somewhere that the supporters that day, the victims, the city was not to blame.

"That's what my main hope is that we get the justification, and if the papers prove that there has been negligence from the police or the government then that's for them to answer at a later date.

"The weight of expectation is tremendous, I just hope people get what they need out of it."

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 09:15 AM   #40
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Full of hope but kind of terrified too.
Me too

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC