It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 27-06-14, 02:22 PM   #1
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Adam Lallana

£25 million is a hefty fee for someone of his age with relatively little top level experience, but if he plays like he did last year he'll be an excellent addition.

La La La La La La-llana

Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 27-06-14, 02:23 PM   #2
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

He's not gonna sign now, as you've jinxed it.
Old 27-06-14, 02:24 PM   #3
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Old 27-06-14, 02:32 PM   #4
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Adam Lallana: Liverpool medical for Southampton midfielder

Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana is set to have a medical ahead of a proposed £25m move to Liverpool.
The 26-year-old England international is expected to complete his transfer to the Reds within the next 24 hours.
Liverpool had two bids for Lallana rejected before the World Cup, and Southampton reopened talks after he reiterated his wish to leave the club.
Rickie Lambert has already joined Liverpool from Saints, who have also sold Luke Shaw to Manchester United.
More to follow.
Link
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-14, 02:33 PM   #5
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Adam Lallana in Liverpool for medical
http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ol-southampton
Old 27-06-14, 03:07 PM   #6
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Good player but fee is about £10 million quid more than we should have paid. Well dine Southampton for holding out & sure hopefully Lallana earns every penny of it.
Old 27-06-14, 03:08 PM   #7
Alex
Administrator

Locking this until he gets announced by the club. Its probably likely he will, but we should wait.
Old 30-06-14, 01:47 PM   #8
dizzycat
Dalglish

Well then, Hello Alan and welcome
dizzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:05 AM   #9
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Welcome Lallana

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27647888

Old 01-07-14, 11:06 AM   #10
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Old 01-07-14, 11:06 AM   #11
Alex
Administrator

Old 01-07-14, 11:07 AM   #12
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboKop View Post
The one time I get the glory, it is stolen from me by someone with premature ejaculation.
Old 01-07-14, 11:07 AM   #13
Alex
Administrator

Old 01-07-14, 11:08 AM   #14
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Well there it is. No point bitchin and moaning about fees now, it's done. Go on lad, bring it home!
Old 01-07-14, 11:09 AM   #15
Darkon
Football Expert

We got our man, he will fit in very well in the system and provide some good competition in midfield
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:09 AM   #16
Alex
Administrator

Hes gonna be Number 20
Old 01-07-14, 11:09 AM   #17
Darkon
Football Expert

Quote:
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/late...e-lallana-deal

Liverpool complete Lallana deal
1st Jul 2014 - Latest News

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Adam Lallana from Southampton.

The 26-year-old has put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Reds after passing a medical at Melwood.

Lallana becomes Brendan Rodgers' second summer signing following the capture of Rickie Lambert, who has also joined from the Saints, while a deal has been agreed in principle for Bayer Leverkusen's Emre Can.

Upon completing his transfer to Liverpool, the midfielder said: "I'm so excited for the next chapter of my career, coming to a special club like Liverpool. I'm quite humbled and I just can't wait to get started.

"Hopefully I can settle in quickly, and I will give it my best throughout the whole time I'm here. I hope I can add something to the team and hopefully we can win trophies while I'm here, because that's why I'm here - for success."

Lallana arrives at Liverpool fresh from returning from Brazil, where he was a part of England's World Cup squad, making three appearances at the finals.

He made 250 appearances for Southampton between August 2006 and May 2014, hitting 58 goals in total and becoming club captain in 2012.

Lallana's performances last season earned him a place in the Barclays Premier League Team of the Year for 2013-14.
Old 01-07-14, 11:10 AM   #18
Darkon
Football Expert

Quote:
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/late...-lfc-interview

Adam Lallana: The first LFC interview

Adam Lallana is anticipating 'a great new chapter' in his outstanding career trajectory after sealing a dream move to Liverpool from Southampton today, and the playmaker has targeted trophies with the Reds.

Days after returning from World Cup duty with England and six of his new Anfield teammates, the 26-year-old midfielder completed the formalities of his switch and signed on the dotted line at Melwood.

He also spoke at length to Liverpoolfc.com, repeatedly explaining how he cannot wait to begin his journey at the club and why the time was right to step up to Champions League football and Barclays Premier League contention.

Lallana shared his conversations with Brendan Rodgers and Rickie Lambert, revealed the thrill of being able to work with Steven Gerrard each day and sent a message to Liverpool supporters.

Adam, welcome to Liverpool Football Club...

Thank you very much. I'm over the moon for it to be sorted. I still can't quite believe it. I just can't wait to get started in pre-season and work with the team.

Can you describe your emotions right now?

Not really, no, it has not sunk in if I'm being honest. I'd like to thank everyone at Southampton for what they have done for me; I have been there for the best part of 14 years. I'm so excited for the next chapter of my career, coming to a special club like Liverpool. I'm quite humbled and I just can't wait to get started.

After spending so much of your life on the south coast, how big a step is this for you?

It's a huge step. Liverpool have got so much history and after the season they had last season, I can't wait to get started and carry on and build on that. Champions League football is back; everyone is telling me that the atmosphere on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at Anfield are something special. Lambert is up here already and he has been telling me all about it. It's great that I can continue my career with him as well. That's a special moment.

How much of a help is he going to be now you're both here at Liverpool?

A massive help. I've spent the last four or five years with him. We've had great careers at Southampton and achieved something special, but we're both thoroughly looking forward to the new challenge. It's Rickie's boyhood club and a club I can't wait to be a part of.

Tell us what the thought process is when you find out that Liverpool Football Club are interested in you...

To start off with...if it's true! There had been a lot of toing and froing and it had been a little bit longer than I'd anticipated, but it's something I'm not quite used to. I'm grateful that Southampton accepted the offer in the end and granted my wish to play at such a fantastic football club, in Champions League football and competing for Premier League titles. I'll probably get back started in pre-season within three weeks. I'll have time to chill out with my family, go on holiday and take a break from it for a week or so. Then I'll come back fully focused on the job in hand.

Who was the first person you spoke to about this move?

Probably my dad, my family and my wife. A lot of my close friends are Southampton fans, but they understand. They understand this is an opportunity that you just can't turn down. At the age I'm at, 26 now, it's just the right step. I'm sure most people will understand my decision.

You've had quite a rise in quite a short space of time - you're now a Liverpool player, you're an England international. Does it seem surreal? Does it sink in, how far you've come?

It doesn't yet. To think, five or six years ago, I was playing in League One. But it's a reality that we've climbed up the leagues and done so well. I'd like to think I'm here on merit, I think I've earned it. I just can't wait to keep improving, playing with world-class players and a lot of England teammates as well, which I'm also looking forward to so much. It's going to be a great new chapter in my life.

Do your ambitions as a player change now that you're at a club like this?

They have to - it's a huge club that wants to win titles again and compete in the Champions League. There are different targets to what a club like Southampton has, but I'm just going to be pushing to do the best I can.

What has the manager, Brendan Rodgers, said to you about how he sees you fitting into his Liverpool?

I can't say I've had that chat in detail yet. But from what I have spoken to him, he seems like a top manager. Everyone compliments him massively and gives him great references. All of the lads at England said that if I did get the chance to work with him then it would help my career in huge ways. So I can't wait to get started working with him.

How do you think your style and your game will complement what he already has here at Liverpool?

I hope it complements and I can bring something different to the team. People have said to me that there are similarities in the way Southampton and Liverpool play their football, and I hope that enables me to settle that much easier. I just can't wait to start playing with the world-class players that are here - I'm only going to learn and get better.

Having watched Liverpool from afar and seeing the success Liverpool had last season, how much does that excite you to be part of it going forward?

Watching the run-in towards the end of last season was unbelievable, not just for myself but everyone involved in football. It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching them, and the style of football they were playing. Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream has become a reality now, so I can't wait for that to get started.

You were part of one of the few sides to take points from Liverpool at Anfield. What was that experience like?

It was a great afternoon. Southampton weren't expected to get anything from the game. I remember the game quite well; we won 1-0 and a few fans clapped us off the pitch. It shows what respectful fans Liverpool are and how great the fans are. To be playing for Liverpool now, with them behind me, is another reason why I can't wait to get started.

This is a great moment for you, signing for this football club, but we know it has been a difficult few weeks with England in the World Cup. How do you overcome a disappointment like that to ensure you start your Liverpool career well?

Just keep working even harder. We did suffer disappointment; not just myself, all of the lads are disappointed, the whole country is disappointed. We need to rest now for a couple of weeks, recharge the batteries and then get back to doing what we love, that's playing football. Hopefully we'll have learned a lot from the experience and take what positives we can into the European Championship campaign.

Do you become stronger mentally from experiencing something like that?

Without a shadow of a doubt. I think you can only become stronger mentally. It's a long way from home, in different conditions and a lot of people's first major tournament. So it is good experience. We just have to learn quickly and hopefully improve and get better results next time.

You mentioned spending plenty of time with your new Liverpool teammates while you were over in Brazil. Did you ask them questions about this football club and what it's like to be here?

I did and they were on to me about when it was getting sorted. I was running out of answers in the end because I thought the more I say 'soon' the longer it would take. During the World Cup I was fully focused on just playing for England, but I was eager for it to get sorted once I knew I was coming home. Just so I can switch off and rest and recover for a couple of weeks before we start pre-season.

How much can you still learn from someone like Steven Gerrard? You've had opportunities to spend time with him at international level, but here with your football club now, how much can you still learn from someone like him?

There's no limit to what I can learn playing with him. I grew up watching him. My best mates, he's their legend. For me to be playing alongside him, not just at England but at club level, is quite surreal really. They're always asking me what he's like. He's got that aura around him. But I need to quickly get used to it because I'll be playing with him week in, week out.

You'll make him feel old saying you grew up watching him...

Well, I did, it's just the fact and reality. He's still such a good player and he can go on to play for numerous more years with the quality he possesses.

Your first official game for Liverpool could be against your former club Southampton. What do you anticipate that feeling will be like?

It would have been worse if it was at St Mary's, I'm glad it's at Anfield. But to be lining up against my teammates from last year just had to happen. It's fate. Rickie and I spoke about it, and he said he could have bet his mortgage on it, he knew it was going to happen.

You've experienced Anfield as an opposition player. What will that feeling be like to run out with the home support behind you?

I can't wait to experience it. Everyone says it has got a unique atmosphere; it's a unique ground with a lot of history. I just can't wait to get on the pitch with the fans behind me, rather than just the away fans.

Finally, what is your message to those Liverpool supporters?

Hopefully I can settle in quickly, and I will give it my best throughout the whole time I'm here. I hope I can add something to the team and hopefully we can win trophies while I'm here, because that's why I'm here - for success
Old 01-07-14, 11:11 AM   #19
Darkon
Football Expert

Quote:
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/late...perfectly-here

Rodgers: Lallana will fit perfectly here

Brendan Rodgers believes new signing Adam Lallana will prove a perfect fit into his Liverpool squad.

The Reds swooped to secure the services of the 26-year-old today as he arrived from Southampton to become the club's second summer acquisition.

Lallana, who has just returned from the World Cup finals with England, has excelled in the Barclays Premier League with the Saints over the past two seasons - and Rodgers is confident he'll feel right at home at Anfield.

"We are delighted to have secured the services of one of the Premier League's top talents in signing Adam Lallana," the boss told Liverpoolfc.com at Melwood.

"What is apparent about Adam is that his character is on a par with his talent.

"He is an exceptional young man and someone who has a love for the game - and, most importantly, a desire to progress and improve.

"Adam is motivated by being the best he can be and being part of something special. We believe he fits right in with what we are trying to do at Liverpool.

"We have seen, over the past two seasons in the Barclays Premier League, he has a tactical awareness to adapt to what is required of him and to put the team above his personal ambitions.

"He has leadership skills and personal qualities that make him a special commodity and I am delighted we have acted decisively to make sure he is wearing a Liverpool shirt next season.

"Adam is aware there will be great competition for places at this club and he is hungry to improve further. We are confident he will fit perfectly with the culture we have at Liverpool.

"I'm excited about working with Adam and helping him to progress even further."
Old 01-07-14, 11:12 AM   #20
Alex
Administrator

From the Offical....er....
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 01-07-14, 11:12 AM   #21
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Old 01-07-14, 11:13 AM   #22
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?

whilst it does see a big fee that's just the way football is going - and had we not offered more than say £20m - everyone would be going batshit mental when he signed for spurs/arsenal/city/united/chelsea for £25m and people would be saying - just fucking pay the extra few mill etc etc

anyway - i really like him and i think he fits our style really well. he will give us extra goals/creativity from midfield and he's got a good engine on him.

one thing i noticied in the bbc link - it says 'second summer signing' so i take it that means Can isn't done yet?
Old 01-07-14, 11:13 AM   #23
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lallana
You've had quite a rise in quite a short space of time - you're now a Liverpool player, you're an England international. Does it seem surreal? Does it sink in, how far you've come?

It doesn't yet. To think, five or six years ago, I was playing in League One. But it's a reality that we've climbed up the leagues and done so well. I'd like to think I'm here on merit, I think I've earned it. I just can't wait to keep improving, playing with world-class players and a lot of England teammates as well, which I'm also looking forward to so much. It's going to be a great new chapter in my life
That's fair enough. Bit of a contrast to Lambert who was just like "yeah, mental isn't it, I'm playing for Liverpool LOL".
Old 01-07-14, 11:14 AM   #24
Alex
Administrator

Think everyone just forgot about the poor lad. I did until the other day
Old 01-07-14, 11:14 AM   #25
Yozza
Shankly

Zaf....

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:14 AM   #26
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Well chuffed
Old 01-07-14, 11:15 AM   #27
JohnDoe
Ian Holloway

I have no doubt he will be a massive success here. The perfect player for our Rodgerball
JohnDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:16 AM   #28
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
That's fair enough. Bit of a contrast to Lambert who was just like "yeah, mental isn't it, I'm playing for Liverpool LOL".
Old 01-07-14, 11:21 AM   #29
Muddled
Meat Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
whilst it does see a big fee that's just the way football is going - and had we not offered more than say £20m - everyone would be going batshit mental when he signed for spurs/arsenal/city/united/chelsea for £25m and people would be saying - just fucking pay the extra few mill etc etc
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
I have no doubt he will be a massive success here. The perfect player for our Rodgerball
Yup, a great signing.

And we're still going to blow another £75m.
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:21 AM   #30
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

Roughly £37m spent so far then?

My only concern is I don't see any of the players brought in as starters, Lallana included although I think when he does play the quality won't drop much if at all which I suppose was missing badly last year.

Left back, Centre back and quality forward now please.
Old 01-07-14, 11:23 AM   #31
JohnDoe
Ian Holloway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie-9-Fowler View Post

My only concern is I don't see any of the players brought in as starters, Lallana included although I think when he does play the quality won't drop much if at all which I suppose was missing badly last year.

Lallana will absolutely be a starter.
JohnDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:23 AM   #32
Alex
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie-9-Fowler View Post

We have a first 11 capable of winning the league, it was just the replacements off the bench. When Henderson was suspended we had no one to come in.

Its about making the squad better now and options from the bench to change games.

Good signing.
Old 01-07-14, 11:24 AM   #33
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

He's not leaning on anything
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:24 AM   #34
Muddled
Meat Shield

-------- Gerrard ---------
-- Henderson --- Lallana -
-------- Sterling ---------

Oooossshh!
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:25 AM   #35
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddled View Post
-------- Gerrard ---------
-- Henderson --- Lallana -
-------- Sterling ---------

Oooossshh!
Gerrard up front, with Sterling holding. I like it!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:25 AM   #36
Gibbo
Like a boss

Gerrard Henderson
Sterling Courinho Lallana
Sturridge

Old 01-07-14, 11:26 AM   #37
Alex
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo1981 View Post
He's not leaning on anything

Old 01-07-14, 11:27 AM   #38
Gibbo
Like a boss

Now he's a red.
Old 01-07-14, 11:28 AM   #39
SB
Paisley

About time we made it official. Was Can unveiled too?
Old 01-07-14, 11:29 AM   #40
Gibbo
Like a boss

He hasn't properly signed yet has he?

Needs to do medical and all that jazz

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC