It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 13-08-17, 12:32 PM   #4321
fidget
Shankly

Or maybe VVD gets his number when we swap him for Sakho + £40m
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 12:48 PM   #4322
Exiled_red
Paisley

Seems stupid not to as we have more places than people for them, changes nothing imo
Old 13-08-17, 02:42 PM   #4323
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Maybe just a ploy to let buying clubs think we rate him & that he has a part to play for us?

Maybe not just a ploy but it's probably a factor.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 03:41 PM   #4324
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Maybe it means fuck all?
Old 13-08-17, 04:09 PM   #4325
Tee
El Pistolero

Maybe this is Plan B
Old 13-08-17, 06:54 PM   #4326
Daffy Duck
Shankly

He'll be like a new signing for sure
Daffy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 07:24 PM   #4327
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy Duck View Post
He'll be like a new signing for sure
Old 13-08-17, 10:53 PM   #4328
Abro100
The bear, he dances!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Maybe it means fuck all?
Yep. The deadline isn't until the end of the month. We can still sign people and put them in. Same applies to selling them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Abro100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-17, 03:13 PM   #4329
BillobShaisley
Dalglish

As interestingly, numbers 4 and 8 are not allocated
Old 14-08-17, 03:34 PM   #4330
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillobShaisley View Post
As interestingly, numbers 4 and 8 are not allocated

Old 14-08-17, 03:48 PM   #4331
Abro100
The bear, he dances!

On Twitter (I know) Brighton put a 23 million bid in for him. #breakevensummerwindow

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Abro100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-17, 03:49 PM   #4332
BillobShaisley
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/sho...postcount=4317
Old 14-08-17, 04:06 PM   #4333
dom9
Ant Pisser

Wrong thread
Old 18-08-17, 04:52 PM   #4334
Yozza
Shankly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40974062

Mamadou Sakho: West Brom interested in signing Liverpool defender

France centre-back Sakho, 27, is out of favour at Anfield after falling out with Reds manager Jurgen Klopp on the 2016 pre-season tour of the USA.

He was sent on loan to Crystal Palace last season, where he made eight appearances, and was nominated for their player of the year award.

The news comes after the Baggies rejected an £18m bid from Manchester City for centre-back Jonny Evans.

Manager Tony Pulis said on Friday it would be "crazy" to say they would turn down a bigger offer for the Northern Ireland defender, but added: "We're not desperate for money."

Sakho turned down a loan move to West Brom last August after being told he can leave the club.

He has not played for the Reds since April 2016, when he was provisionally suspended after failing a drugs test before subsequently being cleared.

Sakho joined Palace on loan for the second half of last term and was not involved in Liverpool's Premier League game at Watford last Saturday or Tuesday's Champions League play-off, first-leg win over Hoffenheim.

Should a deal go through, the fee would eclipse the club record £13m West Brom paid Tottenham for Nacer Chadli 12 months ago.

Analysis

The last two weeks of the transfer window can involve some cagey wheeling and dealing.

West Brom know they can sell Evans to Manchester City. If they do that, they have decent money to get in a replacement.

However, if they tell everyone that is what they intend to do, the price of their targets go up. So, they sound out clubs quietly, while telling the world Evans is going nowhere.

It may be that the Northern Irishman stays put. But Tony Pulis wants to know what the alternatives are - and having already spoken to Liverpool about Sakho once this summer, he is now talking to them again.

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-17, 06:42 PM   #4335
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
However, if they tell everyone that is what they intend to do, the price of their targets go up. So, they sound out clubs quietly, while telling the world Evans is going nowhere.

Bizarre - they just announced through a megaphone that he's off if a massive bid comes in.
Old 18-08-17, 06:50 PM   #4336
Exiled_red
Paisley

I find the idea of Man City wanting Jonny Evans crazy and West Brom getting Sakho as a replacement using some of the money as a crazy situation.
Old 18-08-17, 06:58 PM   #4337
Fivex
The Wisp

Sakho must have some serious behind the scenes baggage if top clubs won't even look at him as 3rd/4th choice.
Old 18-08-17, 10:50 PM   #4338
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Sakho must have some serious behind the scenes baggage if top clubs won't even look at him as 3rd/4th choice.
Which begs the question of why didn't our scouts pick that up?
Old 20-08-17, 10:43 PM   #4339
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Crystal Palace manager Frank de Boer says he has been priced out of a move for Mamadou Sakho. De Boer:
"Everybody knows he had a major impact last season & when he’s available for us, I think that is a quality injection for the club.

But we don’t feel it’s likely to happen because he is much too expensive for the club.

Liverpool want £30m for Mamadou Sakho but will accept a deal inclusive of add-ons to achieve that figure before the deadline. West Brom and West Ham are two other possible destinations, but talks with Palace are expected to resume with 11 days to go. (Andy Hunter)

Last edited by Bender; 20-08-17 at 10:48 PM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 11:19 AM   #4340
Angryred
Dalglish

Isn't Sakho still building up his fitness after a knee injury at end of last season?
Old 21-08-17, 11:54 AM   #4341
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
Isn't Sakho still building up his fitness after a knee injury at end of last season?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 12:43 PM   #4342
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

What a waste, such a shame this fella is such a wild card ffs. Just our luck.
Old 21-08-17, 02:14 PM   #4343
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Crystal Palace manager Frank de Boer says he has been priced out of a move for Mamadou Sakho. De Boer:
"Everybody knows he had a major impact last season & when he’s available for us, I think that is a quality injection for the club.

But we don’t feel it’s likely to happen because he is much too expensive for the club.

Liverpool want £30m for Mamadou Sakho but will accept a deal inclusive of add-ons to achieve that figure before the deadline. West Brom and West Ham are two other possible destinations, but talks with Palace are expected to resume with 11 days to go. (Andy Hunter)

Some speculation on the radio that whilst the Palace hierarchy would be prepared to pay, De Boer doesn't actually fancy him as a player.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 07:33 PM   #4344
wongers
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
Some speculation on the radio that whilst the Palace hierarchy would be prepared to pay, De Boer doesn't actually fancy him as a player.
That makes two of us
wongers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-17, 12:06 PM   #4345
SB
Paisley

I quite like him as a player it's the off field stupidity I can't stomach.
Old 22-08-17, 01:05 PM   #4346
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
I quite like him as a player it's the off field stupidity I can't stomach.
I like that too! I like Moreno's daftness also

I'd prefer if the former didn't royally piss off the manager and the latter stopped being a turkey when he's playing football; but still. Every cloud
Old 22-08-17, 02:32 PM   #4347
Charly
Dalglish

There is a time and a place. I remember Balotelli had a similar problem where he just had no idea how to behave as a person. It may be innocent and daft, but after a while it will become annoying, especially as everyone else in the squad is expected to behave like an adult for most of the time. I suspect its that he probably doesnt even think about half the shit he does before he does it... hence the fashion sense, or lack thereof.

Its a real shame, as I think he would thrive in this team. But I have more faith in Klopp and FSG that we *will* get a decent replacement in before the window closes.

Saying that, if we dont and we welcomed Sakho back, I wont be as upset.

I guess we are saving up for a Messi/Suarez double next summer?
Old 23-08-17, 10:51 AM   #4348
Snigger
Dalglish

What has Sakho actually done off field that is so bad?
Snigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-17, 11:11 AM   #4349
RoadEnd
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snigger View Post

Old 23-08-17, 11:48 AM   #4350
frank the tank
Shankly

I personally think this all relates to his drug test fuck up. He got himself banned from the euros in his home country but he also fucked up LFC's season run in. He wasn't available for the europa final and we were defensively shocking that night. Moreno did his best in helping Seville win the fuckin thing but Sakho wasn't even there because he was so fuckin stupid taking his Kolo-pills.

Then when he got his ban sorted out, he came back to pre-season unfit. I suspect Klopp thought he would be the fittest person and most determined player in the squad - coming back with a big point to prove. But no, it looks like Sakho just had an extended holiday during his ban, returned unfit to pre-season training - with a niggle or two. And to top it all off, he was fucking about on tour, not taking his treatment seriously and basically disrupting the rest of the squad from their work. That was probably the final straw for Klopp and he had to make a stand.

I suspect if Sakho spent a couple of months in the reserves, went back to Klopp with his tail between his legs, realised he was fucking up his LFC career - and begged for one more chance, then he would have had it. Especially when Klopp was forced to utilise Lucas at CB at times. However, i suspect that Sakho attitude was "i am so fuckin talented, better than Lovren etc" and didn't think he had to put the work in or have the right attitude. Plus he probably thinks "i get paid the same regardless"

Fuckin idiot. He proved that by throwing on the tracksuit and celebrating with Benteke in front of Klopp last season. So fuckin unprofessional. I remember watching him celebrate with the Palace players as they came off the pitch - you'd swear that they won a fuckin trophy the way he was carrying on.

I personally am happy that LFC have kept the stance up. They will have to pay his wages but if we don't get £20m plus for him, then i wouldn't be sorry to see his fuckin career ruined. I wouldn't even let him tog out for the reserves to be honest - give some experience to a young fella before this arsehole. He has his contract so he will get paid. But I would make him train every fuckin day and fine him the maximum possible every day he is a minute late. Fuckin cunt.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-17, 12:13 PM   #4351
fidget
Shankly

Quote:
Community projects,local charity work,helping with french lessons in local school,building home for disabled kids in Senegal - the cunt
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-17, 12:15 PM   #4352
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadEnd View Post
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-17, 12:19 PM   #4353
Charly
Dalglish

The good does not wash away the bad...
Old 23-08-17, 12:34 PM   #4354
Big Dave
Benitez

I'm surprised that there's been such little interest in him this summer. The pundits were swarming all over him last season making out like he'd single handed saved Crystal Palace's season. Even with our £30m valuation I thought we'd have somebody making a cheeky lowball offer or a loan request or something. But there's been nothing
Old 23-08-17, 12:41 PM   #4355
topscorer
Dalglish

£30m is cheap for a player of his quality. I'm amazed he's not been snapped up by someone already
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-17, 12:47 PM   #4356
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly View Post
The good does not wash away the bad...
What bad? Genuinely curious.

JURGEN KLOPP - LIVERPOOL MANAGER

YNWA
Gingawaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-17, 01:29 PM   #4357
Daffy Duck
Shankly

I think frank the tank summed it up quite well a few posts above.

That said... If we don't sign a cb and don't sell Sakho, he NEEDS to be back in. He's been registered and given his previous #3 for the folowing season anyway.
Daffy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-17, 02:38 PM   #4358
Charly
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingawaria View Post
What bad? Genuinely curious.
Drugs and attitude... there may be more, but when you have ready been given a chance, doesnt matter how many kids you visit at christmas... he is paid to be a footballer for LFC.

He just sounds to me like he is detatched from reality, or slightly sociopathic. I guesd when yoy get paid what he gets paid, you expect a minimum level of professionalism.
Old 23-08-17, 02:40 PM   #4359
kubrickscube
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy Duck View Post
I think frank the tank summed it up quite well a few posts above.

That said... If we don't sign a cb and don't sell Sakho, he NEEDS to be back in. He's been registered and given his previous #3 for the folowing season anyway.
Exactly. Both Lovren and Matip missed games through injury last season, which would leave us only Gomez and Klavan as seemingly the ONLY other centre backs we have now Lucas is gone.
Which is a bit frightening.

We need a centre back. NOW!
kubrickscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-17, 02:43 PM   #4360
smu1977
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I personally think this all relates to his drug test fuck up. He got himself banned from the euros in his home country but he also fucked up LFC's season run in. He wasn't available for the europa final and we were defensively shocking that night. Moreno did his best in helping Seville win the fuckin thing but Sakho wasn't even there because he was so fuckin stupid taking his Kolo-pills.

Then when he got his ban sorted out, he came back to pre-season unfit. I suspect Klopp thought he would be the fittest person and most determined player in the squad - coming back with a big point to prove. But no, it looks like Sakho just had an extended holiday during his ban, returned unfit to pre-season training - with a niggle or two. And to top it all off, he was fucking about on tour, not taking his treatment seriously and basically disrupting the rest of the squad from their work. That was probably the final straw for Klopp and he had to make a stand.

I suspect if Sakho spent a couple of months in the reserves, went back to Klopp with his tail between his legs, realised he was fucking up his LFC career - and begged for one more chance, then he would have had it. Especially when Klopp was forced to utilise Lucas at CB at times. However, i suspect that Sakho attitude was "i am so fuckin talented, better than Lovren etc" and didn't think he had to put the work in or have the right attitude. Plus he probably thinks "i get paid the same regardless"

Fuckin idiot. He proved that by throwing on the tracksuit and celebrating with Benteke in front of Klopp last season. So fuckin unprofessional. I remember watching him celebrate with the Palace players as they came off the pitch - you'd swear that they won a fuckin trophy the way he was carrying on.

I personally am happy that LFC have kept the stance up. They will have to pay his wages but if we don't get £20m plus for him, then i wouldn't be sorry to see his fuckin career ruined. I wouldn't even let him tog out for the reserves to be honest - give some experience to a young fella before this arsehole. He has his contract so he will get paid. But I would make him train every fuckin day and fine him the maximum possible every day he is a minute late. Fuckin cunt.
This
smu1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football