It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 01-11-15, 12:53 PM   #2441
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

He's the Ashley Williams Rodgers wanted him to be.
Old 01-11-15, 01:11 PM   #2442
Gibbo
Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I and others have laboured the point, but his fizzed forward passes into feet are really important to getting us going. He hardly ever punts it. I honestly think he's one of the very best centre backs in the league. There's not a lot of competition but he's right up there.

And the one punt he did do lead to a goal.
Old 01-11-15, 01:15 PM   #2443
RichC
Meh

That wasn't a punt, obviously higher risk going long but he played that ball looking for
Benteke
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-15, 01:38 PM   #2444
Vermilion
Shooterista

Long balls, short balls, medium length balls, mixed up during play they're all good, neither on their own would be a good plan for any team imo.

We seem to have a good mix of all the above under Klopp, which for me is the correct way to approach a football match.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-15, 01:53 PM   #2445
Gibbo
Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
That wasn't a punt, obviously higher risk going long but he played that ball looking for
Benteke
I know, that's what I was getting at.
Old 01-11-15, 01:54 PM   #2446
Mattshark
Still Blames Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMan2006 View Post
Agger was better on the ball, a better dribbler of the ball and a better passer of the ball IMO. And by quite a distance IMO.

Sakho is pretty dreadful with the ball at feat with regards dribbling, but his passing is good, just Aggers was fantastic. Stats can say anything you want. If a player only ever shoots from five yards he will score with a higher percentage of shots and will have a better shot on target ratio than if he also shot from 20 yards. Wouldn't make him better or worse, it would just be a pointless stat.

I've never said Sakho is bad at passing. Just that it was something Agger really excelled at
Sahko had a 93% dribbling success rate last season, only failing to get past his man once in 14 attempts.

This is a clear case of perception over reality I think.
Mattshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-15, 02:00 PM   #2447
Paul12
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattshark View Post
Sahko had a 93% dribbling success rate last season, only failing to get past his man once in 14 attempts.

This is a clear case of perception over reality I think.
I don't want my central defenders to dribble, unless they are 80 yards from goal.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-15, 02:18 PM   #2448
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul12 View Post
I don't want my central defenders to dribble, unless they are 80 yards from goal.
Dejan likes this.

Old 02-11-15, 11:03 AM   #2449
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Hahahaha. Fucking LOL @ all these muppet journalists and broadcasters claiming Sakho is "transformed" under Klopp. Just covering their arses for being so wrong for so long. Pay attention lads.

Old 02-11-15, 11:04 AM   #2450
The_weatherman
Smug

Oh FFS, these guys don't know jack do they? Was Milner one of our best players???
Old 02-11-15, 11:07 AM   #2451
Alex
Administrator

Remember when he couldnt even get into the Matchday Squad.
Old 02-11-15, 11:08 AM   #2452
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_weatherman View Post
Oh FFS, these guys don't know jack do they? Was Milner one of our best players???
I'm surprised they didn't give Gerrard a 9 for watching it at home in LA. He's had worse games for us and still got MOTM in the red tops.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 11:09 AM   #2453
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
I'm surprised they didn't give Gerrard a 9 for watching it at home in LA. He's had worse games for us and still got MOTM in the red tops.
Wonder if Gerrard wouldn't have loved to play under Klopp though, would be nice to bring him on here and there.
Old 02-11-15, 11:10 AM   #2454
RichC
Meh

The rubbish written about Sakho and his "poor passing" you wonder if half of these journos actually watch the match
Old 02-11-15, 02:01 PM   #2455
DannyMan2006
Paisley

Journos tend to call it as they see it. Ones like Cross don't watch 90mins regularly and will just see MOTD. As such they will only see on a regular basis the errors or what appear to be "lucky escapes". Also highly unlikely that old school journos like Cross will bother checking the Opta stats.

Gerrard was always lauded because people saw the fierce tackles, assists from miles out that came off and the late winners. It's not a conspiracy, it's just the most obvious stuff.
Old 02-11-15, 02:02 PM   #2456
DannyMan2006
Paisley

Quote:
The rubbish written about Sakho and his "poor passing" you wonder if half of these journos actually watch the match
Guaranteed that most don't. They just see us for 90 when its a big match. That's why the ones worth reading are the likes of Joyce, Hunter, Barrett & Bascombe - they watch every game for 90mins and will have a better opinion.
Old 02-11-15, 02:25 PM   #2457
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:
I know there should be higher standards for those paid to comment but there were plenty of Liverpool fans who believed that he was poor at passing. What is interesting is what it takes to change peoples perceptions. For journalists it looks like it was as simple as a changed narrative accompanying the change of manager.
Old 02-11-15, 02:41 PM   #2458
G
Paisley

To be fair, loads of our fans thought he was shit too.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 02:46 PM   #2459
Assassin
Kloppite

Dont you just love sweeping statements
Old 02-11-15, 02:55 PM   #2460
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dww View Post
I know there should be higher standards for those paid to comment but there were plenty of Liverpool fans who believed that he was poor at passing. What is interesting is what it takes to change peoples perceptions. For journalists it looks like it was as simple as a changed narrative accompanying the change of manager.
I've always been bewildered at the misconception he's a poor passer, his style of passing is a little unusual but he rarely misplaces a pass and they're quite often forward probing passes rather than the 10 yard square ball to his partner to move us forwards.

Sakho is really important to getting us moving forwards and starting off our attacks as well being the best defender at the club.
Old 02-11-15, 03:10 PM   #2461
vlahka
Still sulking...

On here at least I thought plenty liked him and wanted him to feature more often. I definitely wanted him in the team. He was absolutely loved at his previous club.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 03:32 PM   #2462
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:
I've always been bewildered at the misconception he's a poor passer, his style of passing is a little unusual but he rarely misplaces a pass and they're quite often forward probing passes rather than the 10 yard square ball to his partner to move us forwards.

Sakho is really important to getting us moving forwards and starting off our attacks as well being the best defender at the club.
It seems equally strange to me.

There was a long period when people wouldn't accept that Lucas tackled or intercepted the ball which I found baffling too.
Old 02-11-15, 05:25 PM   #2463
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Under Rodgers it looked like he was walking on eggs and fumbled quite a lot. He has got his confidence back under Klopp and it's beautiful to watch.
Old 02-11-15, 05:49 PM   #2464
red g
Paisley

Quote:

think its just bundled in with those very rare mistakes look like poor passes, couple with his languid style its easy to be lazy and compare with Traore ???

When i have told friends how much i rate Sakho i been laughed out the pub, He is playing as well now as he always did but now he is flavour of the month those common misconceptions seem to have gone.,

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 05:52 PM   #2465
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfunk View Post
Under Rodgers it looked like he was walking on eggs and fumbled quite a lot. He has got his confidence back under Klopp and it's beautiful to watch.
I thought Sakho was good even then, Rodgers just clearly fancied Lovren over him.
Old 02-11-15, 05:53 PM   #2466
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
think its just bundled in with those very rare mistakes look like poor passes, couple with his languid style its easy to be lazy and compare with Traore ???

When i have told friends how much i rate Sakho i been laughed out the pub, He is playing as well now as he always did but now he is flavour of the month those common misconceptions seem to have gone.,

I've been laughed at and ridiculed for the same thing - accused of being biased, blind or whatever...despite the fact I never hold back from criticising any LFC player I think is shit. I always tell them if they've actually watched him and still conclude he's shite they should take up another sport. His ability and potential was obvious from his first game (Swansea away?).
Old 02-11-15, 06:12 PM   #2467
BG1973
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post

He's a beast. Our beast.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 06:38 PM   #2468
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

My perception has been that he's a great passer of the ball but a bit of a 50p head. His heading appears to have improved as that's no longer the case.
Old 02-11-15, 06:39 PM   #2469
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG1973 View Post

He's a beast. Our beast.
Literally a beast.

Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 06:42 PM   #2470
Assassin
Kloppite

I have rated him from day one. He is a very good player and will become a great player. You only have to see him play in the France national team to see how good he is. The way he was treated by rodgers was appauling. Fortunately Sakho realised rodgers days were numbered and he signed a new long term contract.

Outside of football from what I hear he does more than most in the local community
Old 02-11-15, 06:44 PM   #2471
BigChief
Paisley

To be fair, to call Garth Crooks a football journalist is wrong on two levels: football and journalist.

I'm enjoying keeping Sakho's distribution under wraps. Don't want oppo fans/managers suddenly waking up to his 'new found' passing ability. Its too much fun now, like his mythical gloves.
Old 02-11-15, 09:01 PM   #2472
G
Paisley

The first 10 or so pages of a player thread are always good for a laugh a few years down the road.

Clearly the boy had talent.
Old 02-11-15, 09:04 PM   #2473
G
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfunk View Post
Absolutely nothing has changed about his game under Klopp except he's rightly first choice. He has a mistake in him from time to time because he's still a young centre back and one who isn't afraid to take a chance to get us moving forward bit was always a but special in my eyes. I know you felt differently but honestly I don't know why. Think Tanner is another who thought he was shite. Glad to see you've seen the light
Old 05-11-15, 08:55 PM   #2474
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Insanely good.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 08:58 PM   #2475
Assassin
Kloppite

Jepp. He had his super hero gloves on tonight
Old 05-11-15, 08:59 PM   #2476
Vermilion
Shooterista

Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 10:02 PM   #2477
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Played a vital role in starting the move for the goal by doing his trademark chest control.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 10:05 PM   #2478
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 10:15 PM   #2479
SB
Paisley

Looks more like a traffic cop.
Old 05-11-15, 10:20 PM   #2480
kubrickscube
Fagan

CAPTAIN! (albeit only briefly) But still. Captain! SPARTAAAAA!
kubrickscube is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football