It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 08-07-20, 11:03 PM   #441
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

92 points with 12 to play for (equalling the most Man U ever had and that was a 42 game season).

You can only get 114 points if you win every game FFS

Is it weird that even though we are breaking all sorts of records, we've barely lost in over 2 seasons yet I think we are capable of getting lots better?

Great times.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 11:34 PM   #442
Venton
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
92 points with 12 to play for (equalling the most Man U ever had and that was a 42 game season).

You can only get 114 points if you win every game FFS

Is it weird that even though we are breaking all sorts of records, we've barely lost in over 2 seasons yet I think we are capable of getting lots better?

Great times.
Even more bonkers when you consider that the talent-festooned city are on 69. We've pretty much broken the league this season. It's amazing stuff.
Old 09-07-20, 09:55 AM   #443
BigChief
Paisley

I wasn't initially in favour of a restart (asterisk was fine) but now it's obvious the world cannot be denied witnesing everything from the best team ever produced by the best league in the world.
Old 09-07-20, 09:59 AM   #444
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
Even more bonkers when you consider that the talent-festooned city are on 69. We've pretty much broken the league this season. It's amazing stuff.
It's glorious

2 seasons ago we were being told by all and sundry that this Citeh team were going to reign supreme for a generation, they'd redefined how football was played.

We've overtaken and broken them in two years

and more importantly we've done it the right way. No financial doping and playing great football.
Old 10-07-20, 10:48 AM   #445
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
"We are quietly confident we are (still the best). We know our ability and the standard we have set for ourselves in the dressing room."
Old 10-07-20, 10:55 AM   #446
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

The absolute shit spouted from that club from the suits down to the fans is incredible. Happy to hear delusional rubbish like that though. And he in particular is one horrendous footballer.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 11:40 AM   #447
Alex
Administrator

Just the 9 games lost so far lads.
Old 10-07-20, 11:51 AM   #448
Liverpool
Paisley

That CL draw is sickening. A rusty Leipzig followed by PSG who haven't played since March. Glad to see City side of the draw absolutely stacked. Going to be a weird final two.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 11:54 AM   #449
Chris

A total format change, no fans, everything that's good about it has gone so can't say I'm to bothered and it'd disrupt prep for next season. Suppose it'd be better to say 7 than 6 on our wall but it's not far off the Audi Cup Lisbon version, surprised how many are arsed about not being in it.
Old 10-07-20, 11:57 AM   #450
Pepe79
Dalglish

I’m still glad we’re out of it under the circumstances. If ever there’s a year to not be in the latter stages of the CL, this is it.

No.6 still fresh in the memory and we get August to prepare for next season.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 03:23 PM   #451
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
That CL draw is sickening. A rusty Leipzig followed by PSG who haven't played since March. Glad to see City side of the draw absolutely stacked. Going to be a weird final two.
An Atlanta vs Lyon final beckons
Old 10-07-20, 03:25 PM   #452
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Iím still glad weíre out of it under the circumstances. If ever thereís a year to not be in the latter stages of the CL, this is it.

No.6 still fresh in the memory and we get August to prepare for next season.
No chance.

I'd much rather we were in it.

Would be favourites to lift number seven.

League and European cup winners. Not done that since 84
Old 10-07-20, 03:50 PM   #453
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
No chance.

I'd much rather we were in it.

Would be favourites to lift number seven.

League and European cup winners. Not done that since 84
Itís a truncated competition this year. Itís Champions League Lite.

Weíll benefit next season from not playing into August and not having next to no pre season.
Old 10-07-20, 07:16 PM   #454
Liverpool
Paisley

just getting into the swing of the football and it is cruelly being taken away from us in 2 weeks.

I think City will be fine playing into late August, they had 100 days off and they'll get another 2 weeks before CL kicks back in. They are heavily rotating and if anything I think they could have a flying start next season from being competitive rather than preseason mode. Hope we avoid playing them in the first few games of the season.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 08:10 PM   #455
dom9
Ant Pisser

I can guarantee that if we were still in the Champions League, none of us would be complaining about it. Nor contemplating the positives of not being in it. Nor any potential devaluation of the sporting achievement because its Champions League lite.

I'm personally still pissed off that we've been knocked out. There are no positives to that which I can see.
Old 10-07-20, 08:29 PM   #456
Pepe79
Dalglish

Klopp himself has spoken of the positives and how he doesn’t envy City managing it and an already shortened pre season.

But there we go.
Old 10-07-20, 08:57 PM   #457
dom9
Ant Pisser

Of course he is. I wouldn't expect any different.

And if we were in it, he'd be totally hyped.

But there we go.
Old 10-07-20, 09:00 PM   #458
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
Klopp himself has spoken of the positives and how he doesnít envy City managing it and an already shortened pre season.

But there we go.

Come on man, youíre smarter than that- you really think Klopp is happy that heís not in the champions league?

Iím gutted weíre not still in, but shit happens- we canít be in the final every year! Next year, we go again!
Old 10-07-20, 09:10 PM   #459
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
I can guarantee that if we were still in the Champions League, none of us would be complaining about it. Nor contemplating the positives of not being in it. Nor any potential devaluation of the sporting achievement because its Champions League lite.

I'm personally still pissed off that we've been knocked out. There are no positives to that which I can see.
Nope, I'd already said pre Atletico I'd lost a lot of the buzz for it. It's great for you if neutral venues with no supporters float ya boat but I think it's shit.
Old 10-07-20, 09:29 PM   #460
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Nope, I'd already said pre Atletico I'd lost a lot of the buzz for it. It's great for you if neutral venues with no supporters float ya boat but I think it's shit.
It's great for me if winning European Cups floats my boat.

The rest is secondary, to me.
Old 10-07-20, 09:30 PM   #461
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Come on man, youíre smarter than that- you really think Klopp is happy that heís not in the champions league?

Iím gutted weíre not still in, but shit happens- we canít be in the final every year! Next year, we go again!
I wouldn't go so far as happy, but under the circumstances I think he sees it as a blessing in disguise, yes.

We know that Klopp hates hectic fixture schedules and how much he values pre season (and mid season) training.
Old 10-07-20, 09:46 PM   #462
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
I wouldn't go so far as happy, but under the circumstances I think he sees it as a blessing in disguise, yes.

We know that Klopp hates hectic fixture schedules and how much he values pre season (and mid season) training.

Of course a hectic fixture schedule is a headache, but in terms of champions league football, itís a good headache to have.

Is your reasoning that itís a blessing that we donít win it this year, as it gives us a better chance to win it next year?? Or should we ONLY care about the league and nothing else?

I agree that the extra preseason time will be a silver lining, but give me #7 any day over that...
Old 10-07-20, 10:08 PM   #463
dom9
Ant Pisser

Yep. And the Club World Cup
Old 10-07-20, 10:22 PM   #464
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
Of course a hectic fixture schedule is a headache, but in terms of champions league football, itís a good headache to have.

Is your reasoning that itís a blessing that we donít win it this year, as it gives us a better chance to win it next year?? Or should we ONLY care about the league and nothing else?

I agree that the extra preseason time will be a silver lining, but give me #7 any day over that...
Not that not winning it is a blessing. I just think that effectively playing from the restart, into CL and almost straight into next season would be a massive load on our squad. Remember we didnít have time to get back to full fitness before the restart. Thereíd be more risk of injury and fatigue problems next season if we were having to play through like that. Not just us, that goes for the teams who will actually be doing it too.

I think weíll benefit longer term from having (just about) enough time to get pre season training in. Itís all about next season next now for me. I want to see us go on all fronts again. I think weíve a much better chance of that this way than if we had to carry on in this seasonís CL.
Old 11-07-20, 04:59 AM   #465
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
Not that not winning it is a blessing. I just think that effectively playing from the restart, into CL and almost straight into next season would be a massive load on our squad. Remember we didnít have time to get back to full fitness before the restart. Thereíd be more risk of injury and fatigue problems next season if we were having to play through like that. Not just us, that goes for the teams who will actually be doing it too.

I think weíll benefit longer term from having (just about) enough time to get pre season training in. Itís all about next season next now for me. I want to see us go on all fronts again. I think weíve a much better chance of that this way than if we had to carry on in this seasonís CL.
Being in the CL would be at most an extra 3 games, before the start of next season.

If we were in the CL still, think Klopp would manage these last few games differently. We won the league in record time- I imagine that weíd be seeing a lot more of the likes of Elliott, Jones, neco, etc etc right now, and the main men would be getting enough rest before those 3 CL games which would pretty much be the start of next season...

Anyway, lots of IFs and BUTs, lets just win it next year again...
Old 11-07-20, 08:45 AM   #466
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
Being in the CL would be at most an extra 3 games, before the start of next season.

If we were in the CL still, think Klopp would manage these last few games differently. We won the league in record time- I imagine that weíd be seeing a lot more of the likes of Elliott, Jones, neco, etc etc right now, and the main men would be getting enough rest before those 3 CL games which would pretty much be the start of next season...

Anyway, lots of IFs and BUTs, lets just win it next year again...
It's not about the amount of extra games, it's about having that time instead to concentrate on getting the squad into condition so we don't have burn out or fitness related injuries next season.

A proper pre season sets you up for the months ahead. You don't get that from the match/recover/train/match schedule, even if you're rotating.

Anyway, we are where we are. We won't get 7 this year, but I do think we'll be in a better position to compete in all competitions next season as a result. That's all.
Old 11-07-20, 11:43 AM   #467
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Aye, if we were offered number 7, with the condition it would hamper us next year, we'd jump at it. We could easily get beat in the final though and/or pick up a few more serious injuries along the way, so could be a blessing in disguise as previously mentioned.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 12:29 PM   #468
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 12-07-20, 01:42 PM   #469
BigChief
Paisley

Hairs on the back of my neck just pricked.
Old 12-07-20, 03:48 PM   #470
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old Today, 09:45 PM   #471
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC