It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 08-03-11, 08:21 PM   #41
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavydavy View Post
I expect one or two decidedly average seasons from him at Chelsea sprinkled with a few moments of genius followed by a return/loan back to Spain. Atletico, Villareal or some side of that standard. Should be getting back to fitness now but looked totally fucking useless last night. Looks about 2 stone heavier than the greyhound we signed 4 years ago. £50 mill was total fucking madness on their part and I don't subscribe to this "Only a matter of time till he's back to his best/ you don't lose what he's got" shite. I fear(don't really) for his future as a top player at domestic and particularly international level. How on earth can you walk into a Spanish squad playing like he has?
Agreed, £50m is an astonishing price really. He's still a good player but theyve paid one of the highest fee's ever for a player who's had his prime. Its quite funny really.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 08-03-11, 08:44 PM   #42
kop-al-74
Dalglish

The secret diary of Fernando Torres, aged 26 and three quarters*

By Annie Eaves

Dear diary

I am still struggling to adjust. I keep telling myself that the move was the right thing but doubts creep in.

I donít feel one of the boys here. At Liverpool Iíd go into training, see Dirkís face, and immediately feel better about myself. I miss this.

Today at training I made another faux pas. We were getting changed and JT dropped his armband, I picked it up and handed it back to him. Everyone went quiet. I had to go and stand on the naughty step for 10 minutes. Nnobody is allowed to touch his armband unless he hands it to them. I donít even know why he needed to wear it, we were only going swimming.

Thatís the second time Iíve been on the naughty step this week. We were playing five-a-side and Frank took a shot, it hit me then two defenders, crashed against the post and went in off the goalkeeper's back. I queried why Frank was celebrating so much as it was clearly an own goal. I had to stand on the step for 20 minutes that time.

After swimming JT tried to make small talk to build bridges. He asked me how my new house is and I told him it was great, but the drive was very narrow and I struggled to get my Range Rover through. He said he knew what I meant as it took him ages too. I donít understand as I havenít invited him around yet, perhaps itís some Cockney nonsense. I nodded.

We then all had something to eat. I finished first and went to leave the table, everyone looked astonished. I was told I had to ask first, so I asked. JT, Frank, Didier and Ashley then had a five-minute debate about it and gave me permission.

The tactics talk for the Manchester United game was interesting. All about pressing and watching their key players, which areas to exploit, who is getting picked and how weíll be set up. Mr Abramovich is a very accomplished speaker.

Ashley brought a gun in last week, this big rifle thing. I was bemused as to why but JT explained to me it was part of his new training ground tours. Apparently the Ďpuntersí had been concerned they werenít getting value for their ten grand a go and so Ashley and JT are setting up a clay pigeon range so the corporates can do some team building after heís showed them around the facilities. He told me itís all part of being a captain and then touched his armband and growled.

Itís certainly very different here.

Fernando

'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'

Bill Shankly.
kop-al-74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 09:17 PM   #43
Molby
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop-al-74 View Post

By Annie Eaves

Dear diary

I am still struggling to adjust. I keep telling myself that the move was the right thing but doubts creep in.

I donít feel one of the boys here. At Liverpool Iíd go into training, see Dirkís face, and immediately feel better about myself. I miss this.

Today at training I made another faux pas. We were getting changed and JT dropped his armband, I picked it up and handed it back to him. Everyone went quiet. I had to go and stand on the naughty step for 10 minutes. Nnobody is allowed to touch his armband unless he hands it to them. I donít even know why he needed to wear it, we were only going swimming.

Thatís the second time Iíve been on the naughty step this week. We were playing five-a-side and Frank took a shot, it hit me then two defenders, crashed against the post and went in off the goalkeeper's back. I queried why Frank was celebrating so much as it was clearly an own goal. I had to stand on the step for 20 minutes that time.

After swimming JT tried to make small talk to build bridges. He asked me how my new house is and I told him it was great, but the drive was very narrow and I struggled to get my Range Rover through. He said he knew what I meant as it took him ages too. I donít understand as I havenít invited him around yet, perhaps itís some Cockney nonsense. I nodded.

We then all had something to eat. I finished first and went to leave the table, everyone looked astonished. I was told I had to ask first, so I asked. JT, Frank, Didier and Ashley then had a five-minute debate about it and gave me permission.

The tactics talk for the Manchester United game was interesting. All about pressing and watching their key players, which areas to exploit, who is getting picked and how weíll be set up. Mr Abramovich is a very accomplished speaker.

Ashley brought a gun in last week, this big rifle thing. I was bemused as to why but JT explained to me it was part of his new training ground tours. Apparently the Ďpuntersí had been concerned they werenít getting value for their ten grand a go and so Ashley and JT are setting up a clay pigeon range so the corporates can do some team building after heís showed them around the facilities. He told me itís all part of being a captain and then touched his armband and growled.

Fernando

brilliant ! just brilliant !!

klopptastic !
Molby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 11:02 AM   #44
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:

By Annie Eaves

Dear diary

Fernando
Haha, very good. Some truth in there for sure.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 11:19 AM   #45
Exiled_red
Paisley

Old 11-03-11, 01:13 PM   #46
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Torres on #cfc vs #lfc: "Everything was much more serious there. Here, you don't have to prove you are a professional, it is assumed."

Old 11-03-11, 01:19 PM   #47
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

idiot actually talking like a chav now .....could have been real Hero at liverpool
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 01:20 PM   #48
Tee
El Pistolero

He needs to really keep his mouth shut. Really cannot believe what a cunt he turned out to be.
Old 11-03-11, 01:21 PM   #49
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-2239132.html?

'Chaotic' Liverpool 'more serious' than Chelsea reveals Fernando Torres

Friday, 11 March 2011

Torres pictured with Chelsea captain John Terry

Fernando Torres is convinced he made the right decision to leave Liverpool for Chelsea after failing to believe in talk of new projects at Anfield, the Spain striker said today.

The 26-year-old moved to Stamford Bridge for a British record £50m on the final day of the January transfer window, and said he was settling in well to his new surroundings.

Liverpool's failure to reinforce their squad after selling players such as Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano, Peter Crouch and Alvaro Arbeloa, and the departure of manager Rafa Benitez, convinced Torres it was time to leave.

"I knew I was an idol for the fans but it wasn't the same any more," Torres told sports daily Marca.

"The institution was in chaos with the sale. There was all this talk of possible projects. In many ways it reminded me of (former club) Atletico Madrid... a great history, many ideas but without money, it needed time. I don't have that.

"People aren't honest in the world of football. You can't say the truth or be clear with people. It's a business and nobody is anyone's friend."

On his new club he added: "Chelsea have proved they have top-level players in all departments and that they will always be competitive whatever happens, with an owner who will invest when it is necessary."

Four games into his Chelsea career, Torres has yet to score his first goal.

"I didn't expect it to be easy. It never is," he added. "It was the same for me at Liverpool. There are two months of adaptation to something so new, and more so in February.

"The fans have been impressive from the first day. They are almost more enthusiastic than I am to score the first goal."

He also said he had been surprised at how easy it had been for him to settle in with his new team mates.

"I expected something more distant with a team full of stars," Torres said.

"There are more personal relationships and jokes between the players than there were at Liverpool. Everything was much more serious there. Here, you don't have to prove you are a professional, it is assumed."
Old 11-03-11, 01:22 PM   #50
Reece

Wonder how professional he thought it was of Ashley Cole shooting a work experience boy....
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 01:45 PM   #51
McDermotX
Paisley

Some cunt isn't he........ideas far above his station in football.
Old 11-03-11, 01:54 PM   #52
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
"Here, you don't have to prove you are a professional, it is assumed."
Sums up his horrendous attitude for the last 18 months and says a hell of a lot about him. We're well rid.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 02:04 PM   #53
Mostar
Chief Scout

Terrible.

And this was a player that our fans adored and revered

That said, I cannot help but feel sorry by looking at that photo of a little bitch smiling forcefully at Terry's stupid jokes..

How low did he sink..
Member #1 of the Luis Suarez fan club
Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 02:06 PM   #54
CJ
Shadow Inanity Secretary

or

it could point to a better team spirit at the chavs than we have had.

i think some fans have commented on it. The good news is as we strengthen and build the team spirit will improve if it hasnt already.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 02:11 PM   #55
PaddyPool
Houllier

Maybe he will leave it at that and behave like the Professional we thought we signed a few years back . Come on lad- time to stop letting yourself down .
Old 11-03-11, 02:16 PM   #56
Robbie-fowler999
Houllier

Quote:

By Annie Eaves

Dear diary

Fernando
fucking brilliant
Robbie-fowler999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 02:55 PM   #57
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Ah Fernando, probably you concentrate more on your embarrassing displays, rather than have pops at your former club and insult the fans who sung your name week in week out. Talk about a fall from grace, the guy just can't shut up talking trash, from hero to villain and then from villain to complete and utter troll in such a short space of time, well done Fernando.

Given what has gone on with the transfer money we received, our acquisitions in Suarez and Carroll and Torres performances and the drivel that he has come out with, we have done some seriously good business here. Chelsea will probably scrap 4th spot now but i'd me made up if Spurs nicked it instead.
Old 11-03-11, 03:08 PM   #58
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Ah Fernando, probably you concentrate more on your embarrassing displays, rather than have pops at your former club and insult the fans who sung your name week in week out. Talk about a fall from grace, the guy just can't shut up talking trash, from hero to villain and then from villain to complete and utter troll in such a short space of time, well done Fernando.

Given what has gone on with the transfer money we received, our acquisitions in Suarez and Carroll and Torres performances and the drivel that he has come out with, we have done some seriously good business here. Chelsea will probably scrap 4th spot now but i'd me made up if Spurs nicked it instead.
That would show the cunt. Would love it to happen and then see how he enjoy Europa League again the knob.

4 years he was at Liverpool and he has only been at Chelsea 5 minutes and he is comparing the way the clubs are run? Total and utter tosser.

Old 11-03-11, 03:11 PM   #59
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?

he's hurting - that's why he has come out spouting shit - prob in an attempt to convince himself more than anything

any coincidence he has that shite to say a few days after

a) Suarez tears united apart and is praised up and down the country
b) Carroll makes his debut, and in what, 2 sub appearences totalling about 50 mins of football, has shown more in a liverpool shirt, than torres has in a chelsea shirt in 5 games!!!

he prob thinking shit - they've moved on, they've forgotten about me, and i'm not happy here....but i can't let them know it -
Old 11-03-11, 03:12 PM   #60
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST
Hodgsoned

Quote:

By Annie Eaves

Dear diary

Fernando
Quality, i might borrow that.

I don't find much wrong with what he has said in shaggy's last post.

I'm over him, he's not our player anymore and he will never be anywhere as good as he was when he was our player. Suarez and Carroll will form such a lethal partnership that we wont even think about this cunt.
IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 11-03-11, 04:26 PM   #61
spanky
Benitez

Its kinda sad really, says more about him then the club he left. We've moved on and in the summer we'll rebuild, there's stories going around that abramovich is going on a spending spree in the summer which is what he's holding out for.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 04:42 PM   #62
mick the click
Tail Tweaker

He's not a wise man sniping like that.
mick the click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 05:15 PM   #63
Vermilion
Shooterista

Cheeky piece of crap! Who the fuck does he think he is, making out like it's wrong a player has to prove themselves every single game they play worthy of wearing the shirt, and the money the twat gets for doing it, what a tosser he turned out to be, he's just a fake, nothing more, a fake human being, and the Red shirt is well away from the unworthy cnut!

For a fact, i bet he's working on getting Reina at Chavski if Chech go's, and imo he may, underhand little shit.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 05:58 PM   #64
Mostar
Chief Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post

Very sad sight. I wish he stop talking and focus on his career. Wait what career..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
he's hurting - that's why he has come out spouting shit - prob in an attempt to convince himself more than anything
I think that too. He needs to deflect the focus away from his awful start with Chavs and the easiest thing was to churn the waters with the crap from his reds days.

How much lower can you sink Nando...
Old 11-03-11, 06:03 PM   #65
barnes10
Dalglish

Who?
barnes10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 06:11 PM   #66
lickedlollipop
Shankly

let's just wait for about 12 months, and then we can compare... i think that we made a rly good business..
lickedlollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 06:13 PM   #67
lickedlollipop
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes10 View Post
Who?

question of the month
lickedlollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 06:23 PM   #68
tsb
Dalglish

Wish he would move on.
tsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 10:30 PM   #69
RichC
Meh

sounds like an angry teenager lashing out and trying to convince himself he's gone onto bigger and better things.

It's probably dawning on him after seeing us against the manc's what he's left behind, most of us have moved on and are looking at exciting performances from our new number 7 & 9 and the reality of not having the opportunity to be a legend at a football club, he'll never be a legend anywhere now.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 10:58 PM   #70
-V-
Paisley

I actually like those quotes from him. All he's doing is proving that he wants the easy life and making himself look bad. He even says the fans want him to score more than he does himself

Twat
-V- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 11:46 PM   #71
Konstro
Houllier

I work with chavs fan...Today I was trying to sell him bowl of spanish salad worth 3 euros for fifty. I wasn`t as succesful in ripping off as King Kenny unfortunately.

Last edited by Konstro; 11-03-11 at 11:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Konstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 12:49 AM   #72
rudedog
Pig hater

Don't really care what the media report about Torres - hes not a Liverpool player anymore so I don't care. He did give me some great memories as a football fan though, one of the best players we've had in my lifetime. I don't blame him for moving on, yes the timing was shit but I believe we are a stronger team now.
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 01:06 AM   #73
Rudo
Hodgsoned

Remember this quote people:

"if it didn't matter you wouldn't be thinking about it"

Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 01:36 AM   #74
Baracus
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudo View Post
Remember this quote people:

"if it didn't matter you wouldn't be thinking about it"

Did pele say that?

Girls, they do that do you all the time bite

Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 01:41 AM   #75
Rudo
Hodgsoned

Not sure who said it fella. Just know it's a good quote.
Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 01:54 AM   #76
Mostar
Chief Scout

Quote:
@ briankettle If Torres' "more professional" #cfc means bringing in guns and sleeping with each others' wives, then #lfc must be some kind of crackhouse.
Old 12-03-11, 02:21 AM   #77
Qantaga
Hodgsoned

Genius.

His shit performances and twatish behaviour has only made it easier for us to realise how unprofessional and worthless the guy is. I don't know how any professional footballer or athlete of his ability would turn out like this, someone who will be forgotten.

How the fuck did we get 50 million....

\Q
Qantaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 05:16 AM   #78
JBOX
Evans

He paniced about getting older, shat himself, then left for what he thoughr was garenteed trophies! He said 6 months at Liverpool would seem like 3 years!? Can I call him a cunt for disrespecting the most successful english club and all of it's dedicated fans? Yes I can. Torres, your a cunt.

I'm so excited. And I just cant hide it. I'm about to loose control and I think I like it.

"If I got a job to do, even if it was cleaning floors... I'd still want my floor cleaner than yours. If everyone was like that, football would be better. Bill Shankly
JBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 01:07 PM   #79
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Fernando Torres has revealed he resolved to leave Liverpool long before his January transfer to Chelsea because the club were in "chaos". In a damning assessment, the striker said he could not reject a move to Stamford Bridge because the remaining six months of this season would have felt like three years at Anfield.

Torres hit out at the direction Liverpool have taken, describing them as a club no longer living up to their history and unable to compete with England's biggest teams. He said he had found greater togetherness in the Chelsea dressing room than at Anfield.

"[Leaving Liverpool] was a decision I had mulled over for a long time, even though it appeared to be taken very hastily," Torres said in an interview with the Spanish newspaper Marca. "I had made up my mind a long time before. In the summer in which Xabi Alonso left [2009] I started to wonder.

"I had the best three years of my career at Liverpool. I thought I was at the best club around, one that would win things with time. But when Xabi and [Javier] Mascherano left, and before them [Peter] Crouch and [Alvaro] Arbeloa, when reinforcements didn't arrive, I started to wonder if Liverpool was the club its history suggests or if it was in fact a selling club.

"I knew I was an idol at the club but it was no longer the same. There was also the departure of [the manager Rafael] BenŪtez and the club was in chaos with the sale. There was so much said, so much talk about projects, but then nothing. It reminded me of Atlťtico Madrid: great history, lots of ideas but without money you need time. And I didn't have much of that."

Torres said that he had first tried to move in the summer but was told that he could not depart with Liverpool in the midst of a battle over ownership. "They told me they would not sell anyone and I turned down an offer from Chelsea in the summer," he said. "I understood Liverpool's reasons for not wanting to sell me, even though I knew I was letting an opportunity go by Ė one that might not come back again. [But] the club was not the same, it wasn't heading in the direction I thought it should head in and I could see that a change was needed.

"What other teams could I have gone to? I couldn't go to [Manchester] United out of respect for Liverpool. Or [Real] Madrid, because of my past. I don't think Barcelona needed anyone. I didn't like the idea of Italy. Chelsea were the only club left. There was only one option. In fact, I thought there were no options at all until Chelsea appeared out of nowhere [in January]. The idea was in my head before but it was a long way from being a reality.

"And then suddenly one day, 20 days before [the end of the transfer window], the opportunity appeared. I didn't expect it; it was like a light bulb coming on in a long, dark passageway. I thought that the six months left at Liverpool this season would feel like three years."

In a veiled criticism of Liverpool's handling of his move, he said: "I wanted to be honest. If others haven't been honest, that's not my problem. Football is not a sport populated by honest people. You can't tell the truth or be up front with people. It's a business and no one is friends. I was honest. I know [the transfer] wasn't [handled in] the best way but I was honest. If anyone used the press, it wasn't me. I was straight and I have a clear conscience."

He said he had no regrets at joining Chelsea. "We have an owner who will invest when it is necessary and I have been surprised by the atmosphere in the dressing room, considering there are so many stars. There is more of personal relationship and jokes between players than there was at Liverpool. There, it was much more serious. Here, you don't have to prove you are a professional. That's just taken as read."
http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/201...l&type=article
Old 12-03-11, 01:20 PM   #80
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Sid Lowe on Torres:

sidlowe Sid Lowe
@TonyBarretTimes You can sense the sadness and desperation in all he says. There are one or two things he is still biting his tongue on.

est1892 > Football > General Football