It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 01-06-12, 10:01 AM   #1
DKdan
Thread Stopper

Brendan Rodgers

FENWAY SPORTS GROUP AND LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCE

BRENDAN RODGERS AS NEW MANAGER

Reds reveal highly rated Rodgers as the man to take them forward

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) and Liverpool Football Club announced that Brendan Rodgers has been appointed as the club's new Manager, after signing a contract.

Rodgers, 39, is regarded as being at the forefront of a new generation of football coaches, an excellent tactician and motivator with a progressive philosophy. After an extensive two-week process where many highly-qualified candidates were carefully considered, Liverpool's ownership group identified Rodgers as the single outstanding candidate to implement their long-term vision.

At Liverpool, Rodgers' primary focus will be the first team but he'll also work extensively in collaboration with the new football operations structure as the team adheres to the continental football Sporting Director model. Further details on this structure will be provided in due course.

Rodgers joins the Reds after a hugely successful spell at Swansea City; where he won them promotion to the Barclay's Premier League in his first full season in-charge. He then further defied the odds by securing a mid-table finish in England's top flight, playing a brand of football praised for its fluidity and entertaining, attacking nature.

New Manager Brendan Rodgers says he can't wait to get started at Anfield:

"I'm blessed to be given this opportunity. I want to thank John Henry, Tom Werner and FSG for the opportunity to manage such a great club. I'm really excited and I can't wait to get started on this incredible project going forward. I promise to dedicate my life to fight for this club and defend the great principles of Liverpool Football Club on and off the field."

Liverpool's Principal Owner John Henry says they've got the man they want:

"Fenway Sports Group is committed to building for the long-term. Brendan Rodgers' appointment today as manager of Liverpool Football Club is one of the most important steps we will take in building the kind of club on and off the pitch supporters can be excited about.

"Brendan's comprehensive football philosophy is perfectly aligned with those at the club and those soon to join the club. He was the first choice unanimously among them and he had no hesitation at all in embracing exactly what we want to try to build at Liverpool.

"We do not expect miracles overnight nor should anyone else. But we firmly believe that the direction the club is heading in will lead to Premier League championships. We will embrace the unconventional, build the right way and together set a bold, exciting course for this historic club."

Chairman Tom Werner says the fans can look forward to some exciting times ahead:

"The style of football Brendan is associated with is exactly what we want to see at Anfield.

"Aggressive, attacking play; Swansea were a revelation last season with their brand of entertaining football.

"But it's not just what he has achieved in the last two years that has impressed us; he has dedicated his career to coaching, has studied the game all over Europe and he is the perfect person to take this club forward.

Rodgers extensive coaching background began in 1995, when at just 22 years of age he became Academy manager for Reading. His talent and enthusiasm drew admirers and in 2004 Jose Mourinho swooped to secure his services for Chelsea, as they went on to dominate the Premier League for the next two campaigns.

The Northern Irishman was soon to be given the opportunity to manage outright, being appointed manager of Watford and then subsequently Reading, where his professional journey began.

Throughout his coaching career, Rodgers travelled Europe and visited clubs such as Valencia, Sevilla and Barcelona as well as clubs in the Netherlands to exchange ideas on football philosophy and to learn from some of the best teams and managers in the game.

Managing Director Ian Ayre says he is an impressive character:

"When you meet Brendan you can't help but be inspired by his knowledge, passion and vision for the game.

"The experience he has for such a young age shows we are getting someone at the very top of their profession.

"He and our owners both have a clear plan of how to bring success on the pitch and he will have the full support of everyone at Liverpool Football Club while he strives to achieve that."
DKdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 01-06-12, 10:02 AM   #2
dizzycat
Dalglish

That back wall looks stupid
dizzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:02 AM   #3
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:

BRENDAN RODGERS AS NEW MANAGER

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) and Liverpool Football Club announced that Brendan Rodgers has been appointed as the club's new Manager, after signing a contract.

Rodgers, 39, is regarded as being at the forefront of a new generation of football coaches, an excellent tactician and motivator with a progressive philosophy. After an extensive two-week process where many highly-qualified candidates were carefully considered, Liverpool's ownership group identified Rodgers as the single outstanding candidate to implement their long-term vision.

At Liverpool, Rodgers' primary focus will be the first team but he'll also work extensively in collaboration with the new football operations structure as the team adheres to the continental football Sporting Director model. Further details on this structure will be provided in due course.

Rodgers joins the Reds after a hugely successful spell at Swansea City; where he won them promotion to the Barclay's Premier League in his first full season in-charge. He then further defied the odds by securing a mid-table finish in England's top flight, playing a brand of football praised for its fluidity and entertaining, attacking nature.

"I'm blessed to be given this opportunity. I want to thank John Henry, Tom Werner and FSG for the opportunity to manage such a great club. I'm really excited and I can't wait to get started on this incredible project going forward. I promise to dedicate my life to fight for this club and defend the great principles of Liverpool Football Club on and off the field."

"Fenway Sports Group is committed to building for the long-term. Brendan Rodgers' appointment today as manager of Liverpool Football Club is one of the most important steps we will take in building the kind of club on and off the pitch supporters can be excited about.

"Brendan's comprehensive football philosophy is perfectly aligned with those at the club and those soon to join the club. He was the first choice unanimously among them and he had no hesitation at all in embracing exactly what we want to try to build at Liverpool.

"We do not expect miracles overnight nor should anyone else. But we firmly believe that the direction the club is heading in will lead to Premier League championships. We will embrace the unconventional, build the right way and together set a bold, exciting course for this historic club."

Chairman Tom Werner says the fans can look forward to some exciting times ahead:

"The style of football Brendan is associated with is exactly what we want to see at Anfield.

"Aggressive, attacking play; Swansea were a revelation last season with their brand of entertaining football.

"But it's not just what he has achieved in the last two years that has impressed us; he has dedicated his career to coaching, has studied the game all over Europe and he is the perfect person to take this club forward.

Rodgers extensive coaching background began in 1995, when at just 22 years of age he became Academy manager for Reading. His talent and enthusiasm drew admirers and in 2004 Jose Mourinho swooped to secure his services for Chelsea, as they went on to dominate the Premier League for the next two campaigns.

The Northern Irishman was soon to be given the opportunity to manage outright, being appointed manager of Watford and then subsequently Reading, where his professional journey began.

Throughout his coaching career, Rodgers travelled Europe and visited clubs such as Valencia, Sevilla and Barcelona as well as clubs in the Netherlands to exchange ideas on football philosophy and to learn from some of the best teams and managers in the game.

"When you meet Brendan you can't help but be inspired by his knowledge, passion and vision for the game.

"The experience he has for such a young age shows we are getting someone at the very top of their profession.

"He and our owners both have a clear plan of how to bring success on the pitch and he will have the full support of everyone at Liverpool Football Club while he strives to achieve that."
Old 01-06-12, 10:02 AM   #4
el matador
Facing the firing squad for suggesting Brian McBride as a transfer target!

People walking about with cups of tea.

Old 01-06-12, 10:02 AM   #5
Alex
Administrator

Camera panning down now.
Old 01-06-12, 10:02 AM   #6
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 01-06-12, 10:03 AM   #7
Reece

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:03 AM   #8
Alex
Administrator

Old 01-06-12, 10:04 AM   #9
colin85
Hodgsoned

Not working for me
colin85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:04 AM   #10
Icon
Beside the seaside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzycat View Post
That back wall looks stupid
You're right - "Cut to commercial!"...
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:04 AM   #11
CJ
Shadow Inanity Secretary

Welcome to LFC Brendan Rodgers

its on the ticker on lfctv

so must be official now
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:05 AM   #12
el matador

Is it still too early for a 'formal' welcome ?
Old 01-06-12, 10:05 AM   #13
Shanks
Shankly

It appears LFC.TV has crashed!
Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:05 AM   #14
dizzycat
Dalglish

Fat bastard journos ambling in
Old 01-06-12, 10:05 AM   #15
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks View Post
It appears LFC.TV has crashed!
Still working for me
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:05 AM   #16
Alex
Administrator

Fat bloke in a purple shirt on screen now.
Old 01-06-12, 10:06 AM   #17
Icon
Beside the seaside...

John Henry: "Brendan's comprehensive football philosophy is perfectly aligned with those at the club and those soon to join the club."

Old 01-06-12, 10:06 AM   #18
kris90210
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Fat bloke in a purple shirt on screen now.
Dunk's there?!
Old 01-06-12, 10:06 AM   #19
Reece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
John Henry: "Brendan's comprehensive football philosophy is perfectly aligned with those at the club and those soon to join the club."

Txiki
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:06 AM   #20
Imy
Jalebi Cook

Here we go
Imy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 01-06-12, 10:06 AM   #21
Gaz
Shankly

BRENDAN RODGERS AS NEW MANAGER*

"I'm blessed to be given this opportunity.* I want to thank John Henry, Tom Werner and FSG for the opportunity to manage such a great club.* I'm really excited and I can't wait to get started on this incredible project going forward.* I promise to dedicate my life to fight for this club and defend the great principles of Liverpool Football Club on and off the field."

"Brendan's comprehensive football philosophy is perfectly aligned with those at the club and those soon to join the club.* He was the first choice unanimously among them and he had no hesitation at all in embracing exactly what we want to try to build at Liverpool.

"We do not expect miracles overnight nor should anyone else.* But we firmly believe that the direction the club is heading in will lead to Premier League championships.* We will embrace the unconventional, build the right way and together set a bold, exciting course for this historic club."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...named-lfc-boss
Old 01-06-12, 10:07 AM   #22
Alex
Administrator

Levels on the mic are all wrong.
Old 01-06-12, 10:07 AM   #23
Icon
Beside the seaside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris90210 View Post
Dunc's there?!
@pauledwards1973

Did I just see @duncanjenkinsFC setting up a mic?
Old 01-06-12, 10:08 AM   #24
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Ridiculous introduction of Tom Werner FFS
Old 01-06-12, 10:08 AM   #25
Alex
Administrator

Fuck sort of podium is that
Old 01-06-12, 10:08 AM   #26
colin85
Hodgsoned

Liverpool fc appoint brendan rodgers as new manager

Welcome and you better be good.
colin85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:08 AM   #27
Imy
Jalebi Cook

Tom Werner could have worn a better fitted suit
Old 01-06-12, 10:08 AM   #28
el matador

Why arent ayre and werner in club ties ?

This press conference is being beamed worldwide to millions.
Old 01-06-12, 10:08 AM   #29
Icon
Beside the seaside...

Deleted

Last edited by Icon; 01-06-12 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Up now... : )
Old 01-06-12, 10:09 AM   #30
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Thanking Kenny

JURGEN KLOPP - LIVERPOOL MANAGER

YNWA
Gingawaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:09 AM   #31
dizzycat
Dalglish

Werner in his best Duck Dasterdly voice thanks Kenny
Old 01-06-12, 10:09 AM   #32
Alex
Administrator

Were is getting every name he pronounces wrong
Old 01-06-12, 10:10 AM   #33
Imy
Jalebi Cook

Jose Mourinho and Chelsea get a mention
Old 01-06-12, 10:10 AM   #34
el matador

My fucking sky just crashed.

Hope thats not an omen.
Old 01-06-12, 10:11 AM   #35
Alex
Administrator

Rodgers has the tie and pin badge
Old 01-06-12, 10:12 AM   #36
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:
Originally Posted by el matador View Post
My fucking sky just crashed.

Hope thats not an omen.
I'm watching it on the offal, and that's down too for me!
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:12 AM   #37
dizzycat
Dalglish

Respecting Swansea
Old 01-06-12, 10:13 AM   #38
Icon
Beside the seaside...

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner: "We did speak to a number of people but Brendan is the only person we made an offer to."

That's not what Dave Whelan said!

Or the press you bloody liar..!
Old 01-06-12, 10:13 AM   #39
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

All a bit amateurish of the club really.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:13 AM   #40
dizzycat
Dalglish

Says Kenny resigned at 39 so not too young

est1892 > Football > General Football