It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 08-11-09, 12:33 PM   #1
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

MMA thread

Well its about time a fighter i like won!! All my boys have been losing for a while (Shogun, Cro Cop, Bisping, Wanderlei Silva)

Well Fedor broke the cycle last night with a dominant performance and massive overhand right! Only a matter of time before he's the strikeforce champ.

Also, amazing armbar from Marcus Jones in TUF!
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 08-11-09, 07:59 PM   #2
Gaz
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffin View Post
Well its about time a fighter i like won!! All my boys have been losing for a while (Shogun, Cro Cop, Bisping, Wanderlei Silva)

Well Fedor broke the cycle last night with a dominant performance and massive overhand right! Only a matter of time before he's the strikeforce champ.

Also, amazing armbar from Marcus Jones in TUF!
It's about time we had a thread to keep all the UFC stuff in, Nice one Meffin.

That Armbar was great came from absolutely no-where, he nearly had a kimura locked in just before that too

Haven't seen the Fedor fight yet, just about to have a look for it now
Old 09-11-09, 08:36 PM   #3
meffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
It's about time we had a thread to keep all the UFC stuff in, Nice one Meffin.

That Armbar was great came from absolutely no-where, he nearly had a kimura locked in just before that too

Haven't seen the Fedor fight yet, just about to have a look for it now
Cheers man, theres a few MMA fans on here but everything seems to be in different threads.

Big Marcus looks like a real handful in the cage, seems like a proper decent bloke too, hope he goes far!!

The fedor fight is worth a watch, its a good fight and Rogers looks a decent fighter, broke Fedors nose with practically his first punch! But that knockout is a beast!!
Old 10-11-09, 12:31 AM   #4
Gaz
Shankly

Yeah watched the Fedor fight last night on Bravo, what an overhand right that was to put Rogers down

Looking forward to UFC105 next week now, looks a decent card.

I'm backing Big Marcus to go all the way on TUF, would love it if the only fighter Rampage got through went all the way and won it, nearly pissed myself laughing last week when he destroyed that door

Recap of Marcus Jones fight

Old 14-11-09, 10:14 PM   #5
Gaz
Shankly

Michael Bisping looks ready for this fight
Old 15-11-09, 12:04 AM   #6
ric.williams
Fagan

good night for the brits. hardy and bisping did well
ric.williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-09, 01:42 AM   #7
Gaz
Shankly

Bisping had a bit of a shaky first round but really upped his game in the second round, great to hear the crowd behind him so much as well.

Hardy did well too but he'll have to be a lot better than that to beat GSP.

Knockout of the night has to go to Andre Winner, that overhand right was a peach.

Only have to wait a week for the next UFC event too, UFC 106 is on next Saturday. The return of Tito Ortiz against Forest Griffin
Old 16-11-09, 06:38 PM   #8
BillobShaisley
Dalglish

What channel are the UFC events on these days?
BillobShaisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-09, 09:00 PM   #9
meffin

Live events on ESPN mate.

The ultimate fighter is on Five USA
Old 16-11-09, 10:12 PM   #10
johnly
Dalglish

This is not good at all

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...s-illness.html

Brock Lesnar, the Ultimate Fighting Championship's heavyweight champion, has been diagnosed with a "serious" illness and expects to be out of action for an extended period, according to a Yahoo Sports report.

Contacted today by The Times, UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta would say only that the organization is granting Lesnar's request for privacy.

The Yahoo story, quoting UFC President Dana White from a Saturday event in Manchester, England, reported that Lesnar recently collapsed in Canada and returned home to learn he had a health problem beyond his previous diagnosis for mononucleosis.

Lesnar had to pull out of his scheduled fight Saturday at UFC 106 in Las Vegas and the UFC's Jan. 2 card versus Shane Carwin.

Its bad, White told Yahoo's Dave Meltzer. Its real bad. I am worried about it. I cant really talk about it right now, but [Lesnar] is in rough shape.

The UFC has been ravaged by illness and injury in recent weeks. Heavyweight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira pulled out of his Jan. 2 main event versus Cain Velasquez because of a staph infection, middleweight champ Anderson Silva is out with elbow pain, and welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre was hurt in his most recent fight.
johnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-09, 01:29 PM   #11
Gaz
Shankly

Brock Lesnar is being treated in an unidentified hospital for a bacterial infection in his intestinal tract, UFC President Dana White told the Associated Press on Monday.

"He's in stable condition and should be released soon," said White.

In late October, the UFC heavyweight champion withdrew from his Nov. 21 title defense against Shane Carwin at UFC 106 in Las Vegas to recover from mononucleosis.

White announced last Saturday that Lesnar’s condition was far worse than had originally been thought. White did not disclose Lesnar’s additional ailments, but said a return for the 31-year-old fighter was not expected in the foreseeable future. White said the promotion was considering an interim title for the division while Lesnar recovered.

When asked if Lesnar would fight again, White told the Associated press that, “It depends on how serious this is.”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Les...nfection-20987
Old 18-11-09, 12:12 AM   #12
johnly
Dalglish

Quote:
Brock Lesnar is being treated in an unidentified hospital for a bacterial infection in his intestinal tract, UFC President Dana White told the Associated Press on Monday.

"He's in stable condition and should be released soon," said White.

In late October, the UFC heavyweight champion withdrew from his Nov. 21 title defense against Shane Carwin at UFC 106 in Las Vegas to recover from mononucleosis.

White announced last Saturday that Lesnars condition was far worse than had originally been thought. White did not disclose Lesnars additional ailments, but said a return for the 31-year-old fighter was not expected in the foreseeable future. White said the promotion was considering an interim title for the division while Lesnar recovered.

When asked if Lesnar would fight again, White told the Associated press that, It depends on how serious this is.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Les...nfection-20987
Hope the lad is ok. Lesnar is a beast, surely nothing can beat him!?

105 sounded cool, trying to track a download now
johnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-09, 01:35 PM   #13
Gaz
Shankly

Recap of UFC 105 Main Card in spoiler tags just in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

There's some very promising UK talent in UFC at the moment, i'm looking forward to watching them progress

Old 06-12-09, 02:59 PM   #14
meffin

So TUF is all over and Roy Nelson is the winner. Cant stand the man tbh but he looks a hell of a fighter, wonder how he will fare against world class oponents though.

Im pretty gutted big Marcus lost- really like the guy and he has potential. At 35 i think he joined the game too late
Old 07-12-09, 05:38 PM   #15
Gaz
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffin View Post
So TUF is all over and Roy Nelson is the winner. Cant stand the man tbh but he looks a hell of a fighter, wonder how he will fare against world class oponents though.

Im pretty gutted big Marcus lost- really like the guy and he has potential. At 35 i think he joined the game too late
I'm gutted for Marcus too, he looks to have all the makings of a good fighter apart from his glass chin, doesn't look like he can take a punch at all. I was majorly impressed that Brendan Schaub didn't really flinch when he took that big knee to the face in the semi finals. I haven't seen the finale yet but Roy seems a worthy winner, he had a reputation before coming into it as the IFL champion, he knows how to win fights, will be interesting to see how he fares in UFC now
Old 10-12-09, 02:02 AM   #16
Nicey
Paisley

Reminds me of Tim Silva .. horribly effective ... dont think he will be able to hang with the top of the foodchain heavy weights .. still I am looking forward to his next lay and pray session
Old 13-12-09, 03:55 PM   #17
Gaz
Shankly

BJ Penn took Diego Sanchez to school last night, the cut that finished the fight was fucking sick.

Frank Mir looked awesome too, that guy is huge now, he want's Brock again in a big way

Was also good to hear last week that Ramapge will be coming back to the UFC to fight Rashad, can't wait to see that fight
Old 13-12-09, 05:54 PM   #18
Nicey
Paisley

Wow BJ Penn Put a fucking beat down on Sanchez who I thought fought and very stupid fight ... had to switch it off to watch the game tonight
Old 16-12-09, 11:40 PM   #19
Gaz
Shankly

Seems like Lesnar won't be returning for a while yet, Frank Mir vs Shane Carwin is being lined up as an interim heavyweight title fight for UFC 111

Hopefully Cain Velasquez will force his way into the picture somewhere too in the not too distant future, he's just got to get past Antonio Nogueira in his next fight
Old 17-12-09, 01:03 AM   #20
Nicey
Paisley

He needs to put on some weight first though Mir would man handle him
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 17-12-09, 08:38 AM   #21
meffin

And i thought Lesner was big!! Former worlds strongest man, Mariusz Pudzianowski, had his first mma fight on Saturday- he won but looks shit- so another 2 fights and a title fight fir him?
Old 17-12-09, 08:43 AM   #22
Nicey
Paisley

Jasus he kicked the shit out of that guy ... we'll see him fighting Lesnar in 2011 me thinks
Old 20-01-10, 11:31 PM   #23
Gaz
Shankly

Brock Lesnar interview on Sports Centre confirming he will be returning to UFC this summer to fight the winner of Carwin and Mir

Old 24-01-10, 01:54 PM   #24
Taxi
Fagan

Old 30-01-10, 03:11 AM   #25
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Anyone who's interested & uses bittorrent, MMA tracker is open for signups, over 8k torrents - http://mma-tracker.net/signup240809.php
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 04:11 AM   #26
Gaz
Shankly

UFC 109 bout to get under way, Randy Couture vs Mark Coleman as the Main Event, this fight should have happened a long time ago but should still be a good one
Old 07-02-10, 12:12 PM   #27
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
UFC 109 bout to get under way, Randy Couture vs Mark Coleman as the Main Event, this fight should have happened a long time ago but should still be a good one
Seriously fella there is nothing good about Coture fighting Coleman in 2010. Nothing.

Smacks of desperation on the UFC's part that this mush is headlining a PPV.
Old 07-02-10, 03:13 PM   #28
Gaz
Shankly

Both are definately past their best, i reckon that might be the last time we see Coleman in the UFC uness they get a fight against Tito after the comments he made after the fight. Watching it though looked like Randy beating up someone's Granddad. Also couldn't believe how shit Rolles Gracie was.

The Card for UFC110 in a few weeks looks a good one though, Minotauro Nogueira vs Cain Velzquez and Wanderlei Silva vs Michael Bisping
Old 11-02-10, 01:55 PM   #29
memzey
Fagan

Who did Rolles Gracie fight? What was the result? I think my mate may be up against him soon.
Old 11-02-10, 04:15 PM   #30
spud_gun
Paisley

Gracie got his arse handed to him. Not sure who he fought.

Your mate is Al-Turk right? Is he still with the UFC?
Old 15-02-10, 05:06 AM   #31
Gaz
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by memzey View Post
Who did Rolles Gracie fight? What was the result? I think my mate may be up against him soon.
Don't think he'll be up against him any time soon, Rolles has been dropped by UFC along with Mark Coleman and Frank Trigg following UFC109
Old 11-02-10, 07:20 PM   #32
Gaz
Shankly

Yeah Gracie was due to Fight Al Turk but due to visa issues Joey Beltran stepped in, Rolles almost had a rear naked choke locked in early in the first round but after that he looked appallingly out of shape, couldn't even muster the energy to pick himself up off the mat

Even Rolles own coach described the performance as embarrasing

Link to the Fight Video is below

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Joey...009198&tid=100
Old 21-02-10, 04:16 AM   #33
Gaz
Shankly

UFC 110 about to start, I'm rooting for Cain Velazquez and Michael Bisping!!
Old 21-02-10, 10:51 PM   #34
Taxi
Fagan

Bisping well beaten on points then.
Old 22-02-10, 11:40 PM   #35
Gaz
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi View Post
Bisping well beaten on points then.
I wouldn't say he was well beaten, they were pretty level until that knockdown in the last few seconds of the last round.

Cain Velazquez continued his impressive march to the top of the heavyweight division, i really hope he gets a shot at the winner of the Frank Mir vs Shane Carwin fight but i think the winner of that will be in line to face Brock when he returns this summer to unify the Heavyweight Title.
Old 24-02-10, 08:17 AM   #36
fatistuta
Benitez

I hope Mir beats Carwin to set up a rematch with Lesnar so Brock can beat the living shit out of Mir for his stupid comments. I used to be a fan of Mir but that sort of bullshit doesn't belong in this sport and will only hold back the development of it.
Old 03-03-10, 11:21 AM   #37
Taxi
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatistuta View Post
I hope Mir beats Carwin to set up a rematch with Lesnar so Brock can beat the living shit out of Mir for his stupid comments. I used to be a fan of Mir but that sort of bullshit doesn't belong in this sport and will only hold back the development of it.
Hang on, Mir kept his mouth shut for the first couple of fights, Brock on the other hand was shouting his mouth off constantly and being a right c*nt.
Old 04-03-10, 03:43 AM   #38
fatistuta
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi View Post
Hang on, Mir kept his mouth shut for the first couple of fights, Brock on the other hand was shouting his mouth off constantly and being a right c*nt.
General banter to 'up' a fight is all the norm and expected, but saying that you hope Lesnar will be the first MMA fighter to die from his injuries in a fight......well I think Mir's gone too far and disgraced himself, the UFC and MMA in general.
Old 07-03-10, 05:02 PM   #39
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Found it there, cheers dude - http://www.fightscoops.com/ufc/frank...udio-released/ (its right at the end)

Listening to it, hmmmm, I dunno, in context its not quite as bad as it sounds, although still not entirely excusable.

Their return bout will sell a lot of tickets though. Lesnar (if he ever gets fit) will maul him again imo.
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-10, 12:39 PM   #40
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

est1892 > General > General Sports