It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 15-07-13, 12:59 PM   #1961
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Here's hoping
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 01:06 PM   #1962
spud_gun
Paisley

how much did Barca pay for him a couple of seasons back?

I thought Arsenal had first refusal if he was to move from Barca?
Old 15-07-13, 01:07 PM   #1963
Sarb
Doomed, we're all doomed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
how much did Barca pay for him a couple of seasons back?

I thought Arsenal had first refusal if he was to move from Barca?
Apparently Arsenal's buyback clause only kicks in if Fabregas specifically says he wants to go to Arsenal. Then they can buy him for £25m. So says Matt Law
Sarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 01:07 PM   #1964
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Wenger must be pretty much obliged to bid here?
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 01:34 PM   #1965
Gibbo
Like a boss

If i was Fabregas i would rather go back to Arsenal than the Mancs.

Fwiw I don't think he'll move.
Old 15-07-13, 01:40 PM   #1966
fah-q
Touching cloth

Surely, he'd be looking at the fact that Xavi and Iniesta can't go on forever.
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 01:42 PM   #1967
red g
Paisley

yes but the chance to be coached by Phil Neville may be to big an opportunity for Fabregas to turn down.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 01:50 PM   #1968
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fah-q View Post
Surely, he'd be looking at the fact that Xavi and Iniesta can't go on forever.
His time will come very soon if he just sits tight.
Old 15-07-13, 02:19 PM   #1969
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Wenger must be pretty much obliged to bid here?
I doubt they would spend on Fabregas and Suarez.

Oh sorry, you said 'bid'.
Old 15-07-13, 03:44 PM   #1970
Muddled
Meat Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillem Balague (30th May 2013)
The club has definitely told me this evening that they have got no intention whatsoever of selling him [Fabregas]. His buyout clause, in case anybody is interested, is €200million (£171m), which is a little bit expensive. In any case it is a deterrent for people to come and try to poach him away. If anything was going to happen it would be in the future, maybe next year, who knows, but what seems certain is that both the club and himself have decided he will stay at Barcelona for at least one more season.
I know thing change in football, it's just a flimsy stick to beat Balague.
Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 03:46 PM   #1971
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?

I really think Balague hits the nail on the head with this bit

Quote:
If anything was going to happen it would be in the future,
Old 15-07-13, 03:47 PM   #1972
Muddled
Meat Shield

Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 03:52 PM   #1973
Chazza
Des Lynam

Moyes will end up signing Fellaini.
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 03:52 PM   #1974
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazza View Post
Moyes will end up signing Fellaini.
And Baines.
Old 15-07-13, 04:03 PM   #1975
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

And Leon Osman
Old 15-07-13, 04:03 PM   #1976
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Alway going to happens that one
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 04:39 PM   #1977
Frenchie
Dalglish

Reece that avatar is mushroomesque..lol
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 09:01 AM   #1978
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Manchester United target Cesc Fábregas and Marouane Fellaini

• David Moyes wants £50m pair to form new-look midfield
• Fábregas will consider move only if Barcelona say he can go

David Moyes has made a €30m (£26m) bid for Cesc Fábregas and could pair the Barcelona player with Everton's Marouane Fellaini to form the heart of his Manchester United midfield next season.

Moyes has identified the need for two midfielders, at least one of whom must be able to contribute goals, which Fábregas has proved he can do in the Premier League when at his former club, Arsenal. Fellaini also has an eye for goal; he scored 12 times for Everton last season.

Moyes considered Real Madrid's Luka Modric before deciding on lodging an official offer for the former Arsenal captain.

The deal hinges on whether Barcelona – who purchased the player from Arsenal for €29m (£25m) in 2011 – are willing to sell. Arsenal have a first-option clause on Fábregas should Barcelona make him available but this depends on him wanting to return there, which is unlikely.

Publicly Barcelona have maintained the midfielder is not for sale – "the player is not transferable," a source said – but any indication that they would consider allowing him to leave would force Fábregas's hand as it would be clear that he is not considered central to the plans of Tito Vilanova, the Barcelona coach. However the news of United's bid came as a surprise to Fábregas, so the player's thoughts are not yet known.

Moyes has turned his attention to the 26-year-old after Thiago Alcântara joined Bayern Munich from Barcelona for £21.6m. Yet it is thought that Moyes could have signed Thiago over the course of the past weeks, with the delay in his finally leaving for Bayern being down to United's manager not being completely convinced by the 22-year-old. Although it is understood Thiago was keen on joining United, there were suggestions from some at the club that he might struggle on occasion to cope with the physicality of the Premier League.

Last month Fábregas said he wanted to stay at Camp Nou. "I've always said that I'm happy at Barça. Whoever says that I'm leaving doesn't know me and has never spoken with me," he said. "Nor with my agent, because he knows that I don't want him to talk with other people about me. I'm very private and I don't even talk about these things with my family. If someone says anything that isn't that I want to play at Barça, it's completely absurd."

As first reported in the Guardian two months ago Moyes has long retained an interest in Fellaini, the Belgian he took to Goodison Park in 2008 for £15m from Standard Liège. Although no official bid has yet been made, the 25-year-old falls into the category of being is a genuine option for Moyes, who is now considering returning to his old club with an offer. Fellaini, whose contract runs until 2016, has a release clause of around £23m and a portion of any fee received by Everton would have to be paid to Liège. It is thought the release clause expires in mid-August.

Although Fellaini is far from the finished article, Moyes believes if he were to move to United he could become a high-class operator. The 6ft 4in Belgian would offer a physical presence currently lacking in United's midfield and, having operated in a deep-lying position and further advanced, is also versatile. As with Fábregas, Fellaini carries a goal threat from midfield, an area the Scot is keen to address.

Following Everton's first pre-season tour game, a 2-1 defeat by Austria Vienna in which Fellaini was captain for the second half, Roberto Martínez, the manager, talked up the prospect of him remaining at the club.
"He's still a very young man but I am really looking forward to seeing Marouane working hard and making sure that he sets really good standards," he said. "Marouane is an international footballer and he's going to be involved, if all goes well, in a World Cup next year."

Adnan Januzaj, United's 18-year-old attacking midfielder, is in talks with the club over a fresh contract, with the Belgian attracting interest from Barcelona and Juventus. Januzaj was United's stand-out player in the first half of Saturday's 1-0 defeat by the Singha All Star XI in the club's opening pre-season tour game in Bangkok, before he faded.

Moyes's predecessor, Sir Alex Ferguson, initiated the discussions with Januzaj, who was signed from Anderlecht two summers ago. After Saturday's defeat, Moyes said: "If he continues to play like that, he'll get more chances."
http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/201...ouane-fellaini
Old 16-07-13, 10:07 AM   #1979
Sarb

Funny how it isn't Thiago that turned down United, but United and Moyes turned him down. Of course they did.
Old 16-07-13, 10:08 AM   #1980
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarb View Post
Funny how it isn't Thiago that turned down United, but United and Moyes turned him down. Of course they did.
And of course they had doubts as to him being able to cope with the physical side of the PL. Laughable yet so predictable.
Old 16-07-13, 10:48 AM   #1981
RedAndWhite
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
And of course they had doubts as to him being able to cope with the physical side of the PL the hoofball Moyes prefers. Laughable yet so predictable.
RedAndWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 10:52 AM   #1982
Sarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
And of course they had doubts as to him being able to cope with the physical side of the PL. Laughable yet so predictable.
Yeah they had those doubts but still chased him for a couple of years and made a bid for him. They decided not to buy him and what confirmed it was the bid for him

These journos have their heads stuck so far up Utd's arse it's unreal. Can't see why Thiago would rather play for Pep than Moyes. Guy must be off his rocker
Old 16-07-13, 10:57 AM   #1983
PTP

if they sign fellaini, fabregas and baines - personally id' be a little concerned

there is still the moyes being tactically inept to factor in - but the current players will still have that winning mentality - maybe lose some edge when it comes down to winning the title, but i expect them to be comfortably top 4. Especially if they improve their midfield with fab
Old 16-07-13, 11:00 AM   #1984
Sarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
if they sign fellaini, fabregas and baines - personally id' be a little concerned

there is still the moyes being tactically inept to factor in - but the current players will still have that winning mentality - maybe lose some edge when it comes down to winning the title, but i expect them to be comfortably top 4. Especially if they improve their midfield with fab
Fab will be bypassed most of the time anyway with booming long balls from the back to Fellaini.
Old 16-07-13, 11:02 AM   #1985
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post

Yes, but if we sign Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Ronaldo and Messi then they will be a little concerned about us
Old 16-07-13, 11:12 AM   #1986
PTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dww View Post
Yes, but if we sign Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Ronaldo and Messi then they will be a little concerned about us
fair point - though we'd have to ship out downing and borini first!
Old 16-07-13, 12:08 PM   #1987
Sarb

Fabregas staying at Barca. Another one turned down by Moyes
Old 16-07-13, 12:11 PM   #1988
Tee
El Pistolero

At this rate they are going to have to settle for Leon Osman.
Old 16-07-13, 12:20 PM   #1989
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dww View Post
Yes, but if we sign bid for Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Ronaldo and Messi then they will be a little concerned about us
Fixed it for you.
Old 16-07-13, 12:21 PM   #1990
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarb View Post
Fabregas staying at Barca. Another one turned down by Moyes
What a quality summer this is turning out to be.
Old 16-07-13, 06:02 PM   #1991
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

So Wayne Rooney is angry and confused at the way he's been treated by man utd
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 07:54 PM   #1992
magicalbarnes
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
So Wayne Rooney is angry and confused at the way he's been treated by man utd
You know, i actually feel sorry for Rooney. Fergie's final act as manager was to publically state that the player wants out - turning the fans against him.

Then Fergie's puppy dog Moyes announces that Wayne is needed - but as a squad player.

During the whole time Rooney has remained professional and not once put Fergie, Moyes or the club down publically.
magicalbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 07:55 PM   #1993
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I suppose you do have a point.
Old 16-07-13, 08:19 PM   #1994
MrMichael
The Pun Police

Yup, I tend to agree. While it is damn hard to sympathize with him, after what's gone on there recently, when now on one hand Moyes angrily insists he is absolutely not for sale, but on the other says "well we need squad cover for RVP" you can see why he might be a touch confused & pissed off.
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 08:22 PM   #1995
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Did he not start it all though by trying to engineer a move to City? Or was that just paper talk?
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 08:36 PM   #1996
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalbarnes View Post
You know, i actually feel sorry for Rooney. Fergie's final act as manager was to publically state that the player wants out - turning the fans against him.

Then Fergie's puppy dog Moyes announces that Wayne is needed - but as a squad player.

During the whole time Rooney has remained professional and not once put Fergie, Moyes or the club down publically.
Agreed. This has fergie vengeance written all over it.
Old 16-07-13, 08:54 PM   #1997
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Sky sources understand Wayne Rooney is unhappy at Manchester United.

Sources close to Rooney claim the 27-year-old England international striker is "angry and confused" about his treatment by the club.

Reporter Kaveh Solhekol told Sky Sports News: "Rooney believes he is at the peak of his career and has no intention of becoming a squad rotation player or by playing second fiddle to anyone at Old Trafford.

"He believes he has nothing left to prove after nine successful seasons - yet that is what is being suggested by reports in the media which have interpreted the club's statement as meaning he's currently on trial for the coming season.

"Since he's returned from the pre-season tour due to injury, Rooney has been in touch with the club and spoken to David Moyes on the phone - he is angry and confused at the way he's been treated."

Rooney has been linked with a transfer to both Arsenal and Chelsea in recent weeks and it is understood he is open to the idea of moving to London from the North West.

He also expects to be fit for the start of the new season despite flying home from Bangkok last week due to a hamstring problem.

Rooney has two years left on his current contract at Old Trafford but new chief executive Ed Woodward revealed at the weekend that an extension is not on United's agenda.

Woodward said: "No contract renewals are being discussed. I am not sitting down with any player on an extension and there is no trigger date in the diary.

"Would we be afraid to run a contract down? Of course not."

United manager David Moyes still sees Rooney as a key member of his squad, but he said at the weekend: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is, if for any reasons we had an injury to Robin van Persie, we'll need him.

"Wayne can play up on his own, he can play dropped in. It's going to be a time to see how I work with Wayne.

"Manchester United isn't about Wayne Rooney. Manchester United is about the team - the club.

"I won't allow Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club and the football team, because that's the heart of it."
Old 16-07-13, 09:12 PM   #1998
-V-
Paisley

Thats pretty embarrassing for Rooney to have to hear that from Moyes, cant see him staying now. More good news
-V- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 09:14 PM   #1999
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Agreed. This has fergie vengeance written all over it.
I agree too. Ferguson knew what he was doing. When has he ever voluntarily offered up info like that? "Alright (press) lads, Wayne's asked to leave!"
Old 16-07-13, 09:15 PM   #2000
Boogs
Shankly

Didn't he have a massive barny with Moyesy when he left the bitters and they ended up in court or something?

est1892 > Football > General Football