It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 25-09-20, 06:34 PM   #6681
Roanmore
Houllier

There is a great clip of that from behind Allison's goal. Mane is well behind the defender and then puts the burners on when Henderson makes the pass.
Christensen hadn't a clue.
Roanmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 09:16 PM   #6682
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by fah-q View Post
I think that Lampard was wounded a bit by how poorly they defended in the first game against Brighton and took it as a personal insult that he can't set up a team to defend so effectively did that against us and hoped to hit us on the break.

I think because he can't set up a team to defend properly, he just told everyone to get as tight as possible which led to that incident.
Good point, and the fact Hendo was talking to Mane about it seconds before means Klopp et al must have seen this defending for dummies way earlier.
Old 05-10-20, 08:12 AM   #6683
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Don’t think yesterday’s result happens with Jordan on the pitch. Lack of in game management was staggering.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 08:53 AM   #6684
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

He didn't play at Watford either.

It seems to me we're almost always below par when he doesn't play. Last week v Arsenal was a refreshing change in that regard. Back to normal at Villa.

Midfield v Everton should be Fab, Hendo and Thiago imo.
Old 05-10-20, 09:09 AM   #6685
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Don’t think yesterday’s result happens with Jordan on the pitch. Lack of in game management was staggering.
I posted the same in the match thread last night. Henderson is always shouting at or directing people, that didn't happen at all yesterday. For me the established senior pros in midfield and defence (VVD, Wijnaldum, Fabinho) need to take some responsibility but all are far too passive.
Old 05-10-20, 09:18 AM   #6686
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Aye
Old 05-10-20, 09:37 AM   #6687
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
He didn't play at Watford either.

It seems to me we're almost always below par when he doesn't play. Last week v Arsenal was a refreshing change in that regard. Back to normal at Villa.

Midfield v Everton should be Fab, Hendo and Thiago imo.
Yep. Amazingly he still remains under rated. Remember the clamour for Virgil as club captain probably up to as recently as last summer?

When I was at the game v Athletico I really noticed what a leader he is. He conducts the entire team. One time Trent played a ball to Hendo that wasn’t exactly bad, but he had to check his run to take it.

Once he’d played the pass Hendo went fucking mental. It was great to see.

I think only Milner has that same desire to lead, and not give a fuck how popular you are.
Old 05-10-20, 09:44 AM   #6688
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Yep. Amazingly he still remains under rated. Remember the clamour for Virgil as club captain probably up to as recently as last summer?

When I was at the game v Athletico I really noticed what a leader he is. He conducts the entire team. One time Trent played a ball to Hendo that wasn’t exactly bad, but he had to check his run to take it.

Once he’d played the pass Hendo went fucking mental. It was great to see.

I think only Milner has that same desire to lead, and not give a fuck how popular you are.
But some of the other guys should have the respect of their team mates to in order to step up and lead.
Old 05-10-20, 09:56 AM   #6689
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
But some of the other guys should have the respect of their team mates to in order to step up and lead.
Definitely

Supposed to be a team full of leaders. Great time for a positive reaction in the next game.
Old 05-10-20, 11:03 AM   #6690
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Definitely

Supposed to be a team full of leaders. Great time for a positive reaction in the next game.
With the style of play we have the leadership/organisation IMO has to come from the CB and CM and the guys in there that I mentioned VVD, Wijnaldum, Fabinho have been established in the side (playing more or less week in week out for the last couple of years) they really need to show more.

Leadership can come from other areas of the pitch as well for example Mane I think is the one that leads the press from the front, although that is perhaps more leading by example.
Old 05-10-20, 01:40 PM   #6691
greenturnip
Houllier

We can be a bit shit without Hendo, Mane and Ali.
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 01:50 PM   #6692
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenturnip View Post
We can be a bit shit without Hendo, Mane and Ali.
most teams would be a bit shit without 3 of there best and most influential players.

Firmino once was the glue that held the forwards, that is Mane now, Henderson makes the midfield work and elavates the team. Ali to Adrian is about the widest gulf in class imaginable!!

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 01:57 PM   #6693
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
most teams would be a bit shit without 3 of there best and most influential players.

Firmino once was the glue that held the forwards, that is Mane now, Henderson makes the midfield work and elavates the team. Ali to Adrian is about the widest gulf in class imaginable!!
Yesterday was more than a bit shit. Even without those three players we shouldn't be getting hammered by Villa.
Old 17-10-20, 06:59 PM   #6694
Zapater
Dalglish

Good to have him back, we're definitely better with him in the team.

Although came to say I was disappointed with him today (I know this will be one of my extremely unpopular opinions) but seeing him rolling on the ground holding his face really upset me.

I understand that footballing academies around the world ingrain behaving like a massive pussy into every player, but your Liverpool FC captain for fuck sake in the Merseyside derby too. Yes, you ran into the opponents shoulder and it hurts, but is it really necessary to lie on the ground and hold your face? Can't imagine athletes in any other 'contact sport' doing that.

Not trying to sound like Houllier or anything, but the captain should be a warrior and shouldn't show weakness in a combative environment like today.
Zapater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-20, 07:35 PM   #6695
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post

Although came to say I was disappointed with him today (I know this will be one of my extremely unpopular opinions) but seeing him rolling on the ground holding his face really upset me.

I understand that footballing academies around the world ingrain behaving like a massive pussy into every player, but your Liverpool FC captain for fuck sake in the Merseyside derby too. Yes, you ran into the opponents shoulder and it hurts, but is it really necessary to lie on the ground and hold your face? Can't imagine athletes in any other 'contact sport' doing that.

Not trying to sound like Houllier or anything, but the captain should be a warrior and shouldn't show weakness in a combative environment like today.

Think we have bigger things to worry about, mate
Old 17-10-20, 07:51 PM   #6696
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post

It looked pretty painful from where I was sat.
Old 18-10-20, 07:09 AM   #6697
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
It looked pretty painful from where I was sat.
Yep
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 10:35 PM   #6698
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

As ever, I think we looked more solid once Hendo came on.
Old 21-10-20, 11:40 PM   #6699
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Absolutely yeah. Jones to be honest was a passenger, he's not ready for a game like that. Very rare Klopp makes a half time sub.
Old 22-10-20, 04:46 AM   #6700
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Absolutely yeah. Jones to be honest was a passenger, he's not ready for a game like that. Very rare Klopp makes a half time sub.
To be fair he didn't embarrass himself either. He picks up the pace of a game well so he'd still make for a very effective sub.
Old 22-10-20, 11:46 AM   #6701
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
I think you read Jones wrong Dan. His role was changed and he performed it well, I think the half time sub was planned to give Hendon a little time and to see how Jones could cope in a more dangerous game and to see how he responded to less freedom

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC