It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 24-04-18, 01:22 AM   #41
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

I wonder if bringing him back means we don't need to look at a player like Pulisic (who I thought was excellent against Leverkusen)
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-04-18, 07:28 AM   #42
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hopefully he stays but whatever happens it would be pointless him going back there, hes clearly miles above that level already.
If we see him as a long term talent, bringing him back here to sit on the bench is not going to help him develop. I don't think that you can underestimate the importance of games.

Regular games in the PL would be preferable but it is not guaranteed. Also he has only shown what he can do over a relatively small number of games rather than long term. I don't see him posting Salah like numbers over a season in the championship as a bad thing if that is something that he is capable of.
Old 24-04-18, 08:03 AM   #43
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

He's going to be fucking quality this lad, some of his finishes are sublime.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-18, 08:04 AM   #44
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

And he's Welsh.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-18, 08:27 AM   #45
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

A lot of people seem to have written him off as he's not 17/18 anymore.

But his stats in the Championship are as good as Maddison (per game played) who we've been heavily linked with and he's the same age.

I'd say he's worth a place in the first team squad next season. Give him up until January to make an impact and if he's still not playing games then loan or consider selling.

I think he's earned a shot at first team football.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-18, 08:44 AM   #46
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post

But his stats in the Championship are as good as Maddison (per game played) who we've been heavily linked with and he's the same age.

I'd say he's worth a place in the first team squad next season. Give him up until January to make an impact and if he's still not playing games then loan or consider selling.

Have people written him off on here?

Comparison with Maddison makes little sense to me, they play totally different positions don't they?

Agree he has a shot at making it with us. I'd be tempted to have him play some Premiership football on loan for at least part, if not all, of next season though. Same with Woodburn.
Old 24-04-18, 09:44 AM   #47
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:

I don't think anyone has written him off, if anything his current loan spell has people bigging him up. He is still veryour inexperiencedo ando needs games which I just don't see him getting alot of with us. If he can get more experience and continues to perform at the level he has in this loan move he would be in a much stronger position in 6 months or a year's time
Old 24-04-18, 09:50 AM   #48
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:

So do I but I have a hunch it wont happen for him
Old 24-04-18, 10:21 AM   #49
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
So do I but I have a hunch it wont happen for him
The two players that genuinely excited me in their mid teens were Sterling and Wilson. Unfortunately Wilson suffered ridiculous injuries and looked like he lost his best asset: his pace. He's a much better finisher than Sterling, even now. Whether he's a better footballer or will become better is up to him.
Old 24-04-18, 11:11 AM   #50
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
And he's Welsh.
you can't have it all.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 01:25 PM   #51
Angryred
Dalglish

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
you can't have it all.
You can if you are Welsh!
Old 09-05-18, 10:08 PM   #52
Fuzzy
Fagan

Our own Championship player of the month down to page three... I hope so much he makes it here.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 05:51 PM   #53
Fuzzy
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James [email protected]
Harry Wilson's mission to force his way into Jurgen Klopp's plans at Liverpool

The 21-year-old winger believes he benefited greatly from spending the second half of the campaign

Harry Wilson is on a mission to force his way into Jurgen Klopp's plans at Liverpool following his successful loan spell at Hull City.

The 21-year-old winger believes he benefited greatly from spending the second half of the campaign with the Championship outfit.

Wilson excelled for the Tigers - scoring seven goals in 13 league appearances as he helped lift them away from the drop zone.

Now he's determined to prove he can make the grade at Anfield.

"I felt that it was massive for me," Wilson said.

"When January came around it was what I wanted. It took a bit longer to sort than I wanted but on the last day of the window I managed to get out. I got the minutes I wanted at Hull and I feel that it has benefited me massively.

"The goals and assists were great me and I was delighted to contribute there.

"I haven't had the chance to speak to Jurgen Klopp about next season yet. I finished at Hull last weekend and I came back to Liverpool on Wednesday.

"I've been moving back into my place and I've got a couple of days off now. Hopefully I'll get the chance to catch up with the manager soon.

"I've taken a lot of confidence from the loan and also from scoring on my full debut for Wales this season."

Wilson, who was crowned Academy Player of the Year at the Liverpool Players' Awards at Anfield on Thursday night, takes inspiration from the rise of Trent Alexander-Arnold.

The teenage full-back has firmly established himself in Klopp's side over the course of this season and Wilson, who made his senior debut for the Reds against Plymouth in the FA Cup in January 2017, is aiming to follow in his footsteps.

Wilson knows that pre-season will be key with Klopp's squad likely to be depleted following the World Cup in Russia.

"That could help me. The players who go to the World Cup will be given time off after the tournament and won't be around in early July," he added.

"That could give me the chance to get in the team. Then it will be up to me to impress the manager and stay in it.

"It's great to see what Trent has achieved this season. He's a lad who has come along the same path as me at the Academy and hopefully that will be me playing for the first team next season.

"I want to come back here after the summer, have a strong pre-season and show what I can do. I've got belief in my own ability."
Old 16-05-18, 09:24 AM   #54
Fuzzy
Fagan

Better 'per game' stats than Sessegnon
Old 16-05-18, 12:18 PM   #55
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

He's faster and more dynamic than I thought. He could easily get game time with us next year the way we play. Whereas Woodburn looks more measured but I suppose he's a lot younger.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-18, 02:09 PM   #56
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

We've been talking about him for years, I really hope he can make some appearances next season in the cups and perhaps from the bench.
Old 16-05-18, 10:27 PM   #57
kev776
Paisley

He looks like he could push Mane next season, looks very good, how Markovic should have been
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 07:36 PM   #58
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

2 goals in his the first pre-season today. The lad is ice cool in front of goal, not too dissimilar to Mo. Every test put in front of him these last few years, he's passed with flying colours. There is surely no reason why he can't make this last step up and if he doesn't, someone at the club has surely let him down.

As much as I've been pro Shaqiri this summer, I'm starting to wonder if Wilson could be a cheaper option.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 07:52 PM   #59
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
He looks like he could push Mane next season, looks very good, how Markovic should have been
Push him, as in challenge Mane for his starting place?

If Wilson provide able cover when we need to rotate next season, that would be a great start for him.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 07:52 PM   #60
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
2 goals in his the first pre-season today. The lad is ice cool in front of goal, not too dissimilar to Mo. Every test put in front of him these last few years, he's passed with flying colours. There is surely no reason why he can't make this last step up and if he doesn't, someone at the club has surely let him down.

As much as I've been pro Shaqiri this summer, I'm starting to wonder if Wilson could be a cheaper option.
Be gutted if we let him go, loan or otherwise. He should have had a chance a long time ago. Could be a god here.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 07-07-18, 09:30 PM   #61
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Be gutted if we let him go, loan or otherwise. He should have had a chance a long time ago. Could be a god here.
He’s going nowhere. Today he seized the opportunity and looked really good. He will be doing this every day in training. He is ready and Jürgen will see this
Old 08-07-18, 03:20 AM   #62
Fuzzy
Fagan

In honestly see no point in Shaqiri, even if it's just £13m, not saying Wilson is better right now of course, but he's got loads of potential and should be given the playing time that a backup like Shaqiri would have been given otherwise.

Doesn't change the need for a top class attacker to rotate and compete with Salah, Firmino and Mante though... Shaqiri's not that anyway.
Old 08-07-18, 08:56 AM   #63
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Wilson would be kept to supplement Shaqiri.

There's 3 attacking spots (Salah, Mane, Firmino), so we need 3 covering players. Wilson is competing with Origi and Solanke IMO for two of those spots, as Shaqiri (or someone else) woild take the third spot. As you can see, each offer different qualities.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 09:07 AM   #64
Fuzzy
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix07 View Post

There's 3 attacking spots (Salah, Mane, Firmino), so we need 3 covering players. Wilson is competing with Origi and Solanke IMO for two of those spots, as Shaqiri (or someone else) woild take the third spot. As you can see, each offer different qualities.
Yeah that was exactly my point - someone else, much better Wilson is good enough to be a covering player, as you put it, we need someone that can be a starter immediately, and I don't believe Shaqiri is that.
Old 08-07-18, 11:46 AM   #65
Paul12
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix07 View Post

Don't forget the promises made to Brewster
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 04:21 PM   #66
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

He's dragging his heals about signing a contract though isn he?
Old 08-07-18, 04:26 PM   #67
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
He's dragging his heals about signing a contract though isn he?
If you are talking about Brewster, he has signed a contract
Old 08-07-18, 07:16 PM   #68
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Quote:
Liverpool will resist any loan offers for talented youngsters Ben Woodburn and Harry Wilson until Jurgen Klopp has been allowed a closer look at the duo throughout the summer.

Woodburn and Wilson both started in Liverpool's 7-0 friendly victory over Chester on Saturday, the latter scoring twice in the opening half of the game.

That display prompted an immediate loan bid from Celtic for Wilson, an offer which was turned down flat by Liverpool. The Reds would not consider sending any player on loan to the Scottish club after seeing how Brendan Godgers' side used loan signings last season.

Godgers snapped up Patrick Roberts from Manchester City and Charly Musonda from Chelsea but both found their opportunities limited in 2017/18. Musonda was recalled just six months into his 18-month loan due to a lack of playing time.

Claims in Scotland that the issue is the fee wanted by Liverpool to sanction a loan to Celtic are wide of the mark.

The situation with Wilson remains unchanged, with Klopp keen to take a closer look at the player in pre-season before any decision is taken to loan the player.

If Wilson does depart again on loan it will be to an English club who can guarantee the winger's game time. The 21-year-old enjoyed a successful spell and Hull City last season, scoring seven goals in 14 appearances.

Wilson will have no shortage of suitors, with as many as a dozen Championship clubs all keen on taking the winger on loan.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...dburn-14881021
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 07:41 PM   #69
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
If you are talking about Brewster, he has signed a contract
Great stuff
Old 08-07-18, 08:09 PM   #70
BigChief
Paisley

Sheesh, Wilson is 21 already? I swear I remember watching him on LFCTv when he was only 15-ish. Hope he pushes on, always had the promise and now it seems it may be turning into realisation. I'm happy to not buy anyone else and use him as Mane/Salah backup. But a loan to a 'good' promoted PL side would also set him up nicely for us next season hopefully
Old 09-07-18, 11:43 AM   #71
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

New contract being offered to Harold Wilson
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 11:08 AM   #72
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
New contract being offered to Harold Wilson
a little schmoke to shelebrate

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 12:00 PM   #73
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 10-07-18, 12:02 PM   #74
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I’d be more inclined to keep him till Xmas at least & loan Woodburn out to harden him up a bit
Old 10-07-18, 12:10 PM   #75
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Not sure about him being loaned out. We have Salah, Bobby and Mane, then we have Solanke, Origi, Sturridge (Ingsy wants out) Out of these three only Origi has the ability to play wide. The only way it would seem feasible would be if someone else is coming in. Otherwise, I would be keeping him

As for him signing a new contract, great news. Having said that he must have received some assurances with regard to his future, if not he would have not signed
Old 10-07-18, 12:21 PM   #76
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Not sure about him being loaned out. We have Salah, Bobby and Mane, then we have Solanke, Origi, Sturridge (Ingsy wants out) Out of these three only Origi has the ability to play wide. The only way it would seem feasible would be if someone else is coming in. Otherwise, I would be keeping him

As for him signing a new contract, great news. Having said that he must have received some assurances with regard to his future, if not he would have not signed
Keeping him as cover for Mane and Salah seems the sensible option, I would be tempted to do this even if we bring someone else in as cover.

If he goes out on loan where does he go? He did well on loan at Hull last year would we send him to a Championship club for a season or hope to loan him to a PL club were he would benefit more from the experience but is less likely to get game time.
Old 10-07-18, 12:29 PM   #77
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Keeping him as cover for Mane and Salah seems the sensible option, I would be tempted to do this even if we bring someone else in as cover.

If he goes out on loan where does he go? He did well on loan at Hull last year would we send him to a Championship club for a season or hope to loan him to a PL club were he would benefit more from the experience but is less likely to get game time.
It would make more sense in keeping Wilson as he is technically gifted, more in the mould of Salah and Mane, thus making him a more natural replacement. Origi is a completely different player who relies more on pace and running onto the ball. Ok to use him to mix it up, but not as a direct replacement

If we need to loan out some attacking type of youngsters it should be Kent again and Woodburn, as he has hardly kicked on in the last season
Old 10-07-18, 12:31 PM   #78
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Loan him to Southampton or something, not a loan outside the PL.
Old 10-07-18, 12:54 PM   #79
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
It would make more sense in keeping Wilson as he is technically gifted, more in the mould of Salah and Mane, thus making him a more natural replacement. Origi is a completely different player who relies more on pace and running onto the ball. Ok to use him to mix it up, but not as a direct replacement

If we need to loan out some attacking type of youngsters it should be Kent again and Woodburn, as he has hardly kicked on in the last season
I would want to sign another top quality forward to give options beyond the current front 3, keep Wilson, Origi and one of Brewster/Solanke and tat should give us decent cover and options for the front line. Sturridge can be sold and everyone else loaned out for experience.

I find the Woodburn situation very odd. He's very young he was around for much of last season but barely got a look in, but we rejected a number of loan moves for him. To me sending him out on loan last year made sense, the same arguements apply to him this year. I think the kid has talent but needs experience playing competitive games so a couple of seasons on loans would hopefully put him in a good position to challenge for a place in the squad when he returns.
Old 10-07-18, 01:30 PM   #80
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

I think we kept him in case we were really in the shit but in the end wasn't trusted. Same with Ward.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC