It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 17-10-20, 07:22 PM   #561
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
It's not VAR that's the problem though. The error rate overall is down after it's implementation. It's the writing of the law and the subjective element that always exists when humans make the decisions.

I think the offside rule should be updated to be 'only offside from the hip down'

It's natural to start a sprint with your top half slightly forward and I think it's a fair race with defenders if your legs are in line.
Just use feet then.
Old 17-10-20, 07:23 PM   #562
Exiled_red
Paisley

I've seen it suggested that both the Mane and VVD offsides were offside because of the new handball rule meaning that you can legally play the ball with the upper part of your arm (to the sleeve line) which also means that that part of your body can be offside, under last season's rule both would have been onside.

Not sure that I can see that Mane's offside even with this interpretation.
Old 17-10-20, 07:26 PM   #563
ric.williams
Fagan

1. If you have to start drawing lines play on

or

2. make the ref decide on the much fabled but rarely used screen
ric.williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-20, 07:34 PM   #564
fabinho
Houllier

I think the solution to all of this is that if 2 out of 3 VAR officials cannot decide on an offside ruling within 30 seconds, its deemed to close to call and the decision goes for the attacking team.
Old 17-10-20, 07:49 PM   #565
ChesterDave
Paisley

The defenders arse is clearly closer to goal than any part of Mane
Old 17-10-20, 08:15 PM   #566
Scratch
If you fail once....

Sheesh, if the PL weren't happy with out attempts to restructure the league, they could have just said so rather than punishing us via some dodgy VAR!
Old 17-10-20, 10:02 PM   #567
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Fully expect the FA to cover themselves by saying they agree with the refs dcisions and end it there. Wasting our time with this cunts.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-20, 10:09 PM   #568
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post
Fully expect the FA to cover themselves by saying they agree with the refs dcisions and end it there. Wasting our time with this cunts.
Most likely outcome, but on decisions like this where the TV guys can't see the offside someone should come out and explain them.
Old 17-10-20, 10:10 PM   #569
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
What did Klopp have to say after the game?
Was posted a bit further up
Old 17-10-20, 10:13 PM   #570
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
I think the solution to all of this is that if 2 out of 3 VAR officials cannot decide on an offside ruling within 30 seconds, its deemed to close to call and the decision goes for the attacking team.

There are so many obvious solutions in a similar vein but a countdown timer is the most obvious one. Put them in separate locations and have a buzzer system.

If they're in the same room then we need to hear the convo.
Old 17-10-20, 10:15 PM   #571
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Most likely outcome, but on decisions like this where the TV guys can't see the offside someone should come out and explain them.
Yes I think Klopp's reaction to the interviewer after the game has forced their hand, the var ref will get the boot i think.
Old 17-10-20, 10:26 PM   #572
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Yes I think Klopp's reaction to the interviewer after the game has forced their hand, the var ref will get the boot i think.
I'm not so sure, I think that they may explain or justify the decisions at best. Sacking the VAR official basically admits that they got it wrong which they won't want to do. Imagine we lost out on the title by less than a couple of points and they basically admitted that the VAR official cost us those points. Whether they think he was right or wrong they put themselves in a difficult position if they don't back him.
Old 17-10-20, 10:41 PM   #573
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
I'm not so sure, I think that they may explain or justify the decisions at best. Sacking the VAR official basically admits that they got it wrong which they won't want to do. Imagine we lost out on the title by less than a couple of points and they basically admitted that the VAR official cost us those points. Whether they think he was right or wrong they put themselves in a difficult position if they don't back him.
We lost the title on a lack of VAR, I think I'd prefer that to knowing there was something in place that just failed
Old 17-10-20, 10:46 PM   #574
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

I still have bonce ache from this game & it’s not even from the head butt to the door, it’s hiw wound up I was.
Old 17-10-20, 10:46 PM   #575
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
He's previously been dropped for fucking up a decision. Sacking or dropping for a limited period of time admits he was wrong so they can do it if they really want
Old 17-10-20, 11:02 PM   #576
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
He's previously been dropped for fucking up a decision. Sacking or dropping for a limited period of time admits he was wrong so they can do it if they really want
Fair enough, I didn't know that, I assume that was the (Chelsea?) foul that I've seen mentioned. I think that they can afford to admit that he got the VVD - Pickford incident wrong and maybe they could afford to punish him for that as long as it is made clear that it was for that incident. The cynical side of me thinks that they won't admit he was wrong with the Mane call because it affects the result and that puts them in a difficult position, it might even protect him from punishment for the first one, but I could be wrong.
Old 18-10-20, 06:04 AM   #577
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Just use feet then.
Been saying this from the very beginning.

You're still going to have very close ones, but you don't have to compound the difficulty in adjudicating it by some incompetent prick that probably cant use a computer having to draw lines from shoulder/ armpit (or now the elbow for some reason) down to the ground.

A line across the pitch at their feet (touching the ground) and there is no debate. If its so close that the lines are basically on top of each other with no gap then benefit of the doubt with the attacker.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 06:14 AM   #578
SB
Paisley

Decisions like these cast a doubt over the integrity of football in general & kill it a bit for me every time I see shit like this happen.
Old 18-10-20, 06:31 AM   #579
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditos View Post
The lack of scrutiny for Pickfords challenge on VVD is unbelievable. The play was live at the time and he mows him down with a career wrecking tackle. And what do the VAR fkrs do, hide their cowardly arses behind a marginal offside. Fkn disgrace! Even Tim Cahill was grilling Dermot Gallagher on it!
I love how they were interrogating that shaved scrote and he was just bumbling over his words doing his best to not say the refs have fucked up. They had him snookered and he just wouldn't say it. Cahill was very good i thought.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Old 18-10-20, 07:14 AM   #580
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric.williams View Post
1. If you have to start drawing lines play on

or

2. make the ref decide on the much fabled but rarely used screen
Or have the lines parallel to the box - the fucking line they used was skewed to make it seem offside. Iím still livid about the game this morning
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 07:21 AM   #581
frank the tank
Shankly

Yip same here.

Someone posted about the details of the technology they are using too.... The frames per second shit. For me, the whole thing is farcical and they have slightly fucked up their "product"
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 08:01 AM   #582
rodo
Shankly

That shower of cunts are celebrating a draw 5 games in like its some kind of landmark fucking tramps of football
Old 18-10-20, 08:31 AM   #583
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Yip same here.

Someone posted about the details of the technology they are using too.... The frames per second shit. For me, the whole thing is farcical and they have slightly fucked up their "product"
I am amazed that no-one has called this out either the clubs in an attempt to challenge it or TV broadcasters having an expert in to discuss it. It's over a year since I posted a crude analysis on here expressing my doubts about this. At the time I had to find the company's website to get details of the system which claimed two speeds of camera 120 fps and 50 fps are used. I did an analysis based on the best case, looking at stuff other people have done since it seems that might have been generous and the analysis is done using the lower frame rate camera. This is a good example https://www.givemesport.com/1498162-...ill-be-correct
but the margin of error calculated only takes into account the attacker running in behind not the defender stepping up so scould still underestimate the uncertainty, and that is assuming that there is no error in determining the appropriate parts of the body to use, the lines being correct and the system being properly calibrated....
Old 18-10-20, 08:38 AM   #584
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Ian Wright and Alan Shearer in complete agreement with us on the Hendo goal offside and Virgil's injury. Lineker said that no VAR decisions had been overturned yet so it seems a waste of time to call for it to be looked at again
Old 18-10-20, 08:43 AM   #585
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Ian Wright and Alan Shearer in complete agreement with us on the Hendo goal offside and Virgil's injury. Lineker said that no VAR decisions had been overturned yet so it seems a waste of time to call for it to be looked at again
It's not going to overturn the decisions or the result but hopefully it will pile pressure on about the use of VAR for tight offside calls it is clearly not fit for purpose - it cannot determine offside decisions to the degree off accuracy that they are trying to claim.
Old 18-10-20, 09:03 AM   #586
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Old 18-10-20, 09:21 AM   #587
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

I'd be tempted to walk off the field after kick in our next league game. Pack up, go home and make a real stand. The premier league needs us for its product, let's do our upmost to fuck it up for them. Literally no point in working all week to get shafted by a load of corrupt wankers looking at a monitor.
Old 18-10-20, 09:47 AM   #588
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
You have to go with the infield decision. Then, let the ref look at it. If he feels there is evidence to make him change his mind then do so, if not you stay with on field decision.

You still may get the odd shocker, but ultimately there is accountability (as there used to be if ref made a bad decision). Referee MUST have final say.

It’s not complicated.
Old 18-10-20, 10:40 AM   #589
greenturnip
Houllier

The other thing that annoys me is the idea of precision when there is no possible anatomical precision with terms like armpit or chest etc. Where does the arm end and the shoulder begin? They are fuzzy terms.
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 11:17 AM   #590
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
I'd be tempted to walk off the field after kick in our next league game. Pack up, go home and make a real stand. The premier league needs us for its product, let's do our upmost to fuck it up for them. Literally no point in working all week to get shafted by a load of corrupt wankers looking at a monitor.
Or just get Carra out of retirement with instructions to search and destroy Coote the next time he steps onto the pitch for one of our games. A nice two footer and then stand over the top yelling how do you like it you fucking bastard.

Old 18-10-20, 11:18 AM   #591
frank the tank
Shankly

Good idea....

Coote can go fuck himself. The cunt
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 12:15 PM   #592
SB
Paisley

I wonder if the deluded ones over at BlueMoon are still going on about LiVARpool after we’ve been shafted in 2 matches in a row?
Old 18-10-20, 01:22 PM   #593
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Old 18-10-20, 02:02 PM   #594
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Still fairly pissed off about yesterday, not even the Pickford incident, more so the VAR ref chose to freeze the frame when the ball has obviously left Thiago’s foot and still get it wrong, this is not a mistake, it is either cheating or sheer incompetence, either way he should lose his job, it’s just not good enough.. will be interested to see what bullcrap the FA come up with.
Old 18-10-20, 03:03 PM   #595
ronanm
Shankly

Utterly robbed. What's the point in watching games of they are going to get such clear cut calls wrong? Shambles of a game all round. Dirty gits.
Old 18-10-20, 03:21 PM   #596
shanks69
Dalglish

I have not heard 1 fan of another club who is being honest and has put club rivalries aside,who has backed the pickford assaualt and the offside all have said they where joke decisions that shows how bad it was.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Old 18-10-20, 03:29 PM   #597
shanks69
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanm View Post
Utterly robbed. What's the point in watching games of they are going to get such clear cut calls wrong? Shambles of a game all round. Dirty gits.
For a number of years i have been falling out of love with football and it's very rare now that i watch a match that we aren't playing in,and yesterday was just another nail in the coffin.if that offside had been given by the linesman in the past i could deal with that and just say he fucked up and it was a joke,but now with var looking at it (i don't even think any bitter player claimed offside) and still give offside for that i just can't be arsed anymore it just makes you think some are making decisions based on who they support or don't.

Old 18-10-20, 03:35 PM   #598
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanks69 View Post
For a number of years i have been falling out of love with football and it's very rare now that i watch a match that we aren't playing in,and yesterday was just another nail in the coffin.if that offside had been given by the linesman in the past i could deal with that and just say he fucked up and it was a joke,but now with var looking at it (i don't even think any bitter player claimed offside) and still give offside for that i just can't be arsed anymore it just makes you think some are making decisions based on who they support or don't.

totally agree with this, really deflated today & its blatant cheating; not having that it is incompetence at all. This system has been in place for 14 months now, no excuses for the clusterfuck yesterday. Coutts is a cheating cunt, plain & simple

Last edited by S-RED; 18-10-20 at 03:41 PM.
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 03:52 PM   #599
Exiled_red
Paisley

This might be naive but I don't think that there was any bias or corruption, probably just human error, people not being trained properly and a poor system.

That said I imagine that the human element does leave tight decisions rather uncertain and potentially open to abuse. I imagine that you could probably quite easily pick the wrong frame for when the ball is played or put the lines / markers down slightly in the wrong place. I doubt that there is anyone checking the decision so if you weren't totally impartial manipulate the decision to a desired outcome.
Old 18-10-20, 03:52 PM   #600
S-RED
Dalglish

Dunk has just made the same tackle on Cahill & got a straight red; making my blood boil even more that PRICKford got away with it.
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC