It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 07-04-21, 04:36 PM   #8601
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Yeah, City fans were wrong, whereas I am not.

Pep's City have always been a better side than us, in terms of personel, and have no limits on bettering their squad. We won our trophies by being better than the sum of our parts, but won't manage that again. The damage to the self belief of the players and the total trust in the manager from this season is too severe imo.
They haven’t. Not in terms of 1-11, or even our main core of 14-15 players for the 2 seasons before this one.

In terms of overall squad, then yes. They’ve clearly far more depth in quality beyond their 1st choice players than we’ve ever had.

And again in terms of our best team, we haven’t been better than the sum of our parts. We’ve had genuine quality all over the pitch, in every position. Although we did achieve a lot with a relatively small group of core players, if that’s what you mean.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 05:11 PM   #8602
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
They haven’t. Not in terms of 1-11, or even our main core of 14-15 players for the 2 seasons before this one.

In terms of overall squad, then yes. They’ve clearly far more depth in quality beyond their 1st choice players than we’ve ever had.

And again in terms of our best team, we haven’t been better than the sum of our parts. We’ve had genuine quality all over the pitch, in every position. Although we did achieve a lot with a relatively small group of core players, if that’s what you mean.

Yep any team whose best starting XI has a number of genuine world class players through it's spine along with the rest of the XI being made up of very good players is generally going to punch it's weight especially with a world class manager and excellent back room team doing the behind the scenes work.

We seem to be copying City in a number of ways right now. They had two seasons of immense performing followed by a serious drop off in form albeit a drop off that was mitigated to no small degree, imo of course, thanks to the size of their squad.

We had two seasons of performing relentlessly at a very high level and now we are having a big fall off in the third season, bigger than that of City due to our lack of genuine quality in depth imo along with a freak wiping out of the back line, and getting the same sort of criticism as City did when their form dropped.

A summer to recharge and, crucially, some new back ups brought in that are available when needed, and we will go again next season and be able to challenge again imo.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 10:41 AM   #8603
calvoboy
Dalglish

Felt awful for Klopp having to front up to the Super League questions last night when he was clearly upset about it. The owners have lobbed him and the players under the bus on this one with their complete silence since the announcement that we signed up.

He looks like he needs a holiday, so much shit to deal with this season and I think it's affecting him.
calvoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 10:44 AM   #8604
Alex
Administrator

Totally thrown under the bus by FSG.

If our owners cared about us or him, they would be out doing interviews to show us how important it is to the club.

Utter cowards. I like Henry and have always thought of him as a good "Hands off" owner. But this is atrocious. Klopp the most important man at the club was effectively speechless and left to defend the owners, the club and the fans all in one 5 minute interview.
Old 20-04-21, 10:52 AM   #8605
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Totally thrown under the bus by FSG.

If our owners cared about us or him, they would be out doing interviews to show us how important it is to the club.

Utter cowards. I like Henry and have always thought of him as a good "Hands off" owner. But this is atrocious. Klopp the most important man at the club was effectively speechless and left to defend the owners, the club and the fans all in one 5 minute interview.
TBH I do not think it should be John Henry making any statements, I think it should be one or all from our Chairman, CEO and CCO coming out with clear statements as to why they think this is a good idea and why they have gone into it.

I know it is splitting hairs a bit saying that, but the men who are in the top positions and in charge of the club should be the ones making the public statements.

So for me that is Tom Werner, Peter Moore, and Billy Hogan. I know JH is the main owner, but those that are happy to have the titles of being the main businessmen at the club and who make decisions like that of joining a Super League need to be the ones standing up front and saying why.

Even if the statement was to state that they did it from a purely financial POV, I could accept that as it would be honest.

Now accepting it and liking it are two different things, but they need to be the ones making the public statements and not the man in charge of the football side of things.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Old 20-04-21, 10:57 AM   #8606
Yozza
Shankly

Peter Moore has gone mate, left August last year

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 11:00 AM   #8607
Alex
Administrator

I do agree with you year. Werner and Hogan should be fronting up. Disrepectful to the fans and team.

I hate football sometimes.
Old 20-04-21, 11:11 AM   #8608
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
Peter Moore has gone mate, left August last year
Shit yeah, It is Michael Gordon now isn't it?

Same point stands, just swap Gordon in for Moore.

Old 20-04-21, 07:08 PM   #8609
baitman
Daddy day care

The fsg team should have fronted this, pure shit houses letting klopp walk into this with no knowledge.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 08:30 PM   #8610
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Shit yeah, It is Michael Gordon now isn't it?

Same point stands, just swap Gordon in for Moore.

Billy Hogan is CEO and based in Liverpool. Gordon has gone back to Boston iirc.
Old 20-04-21, 10:40 PM   #8611
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Billy Hogan is CEO and based in Liverpool. Gordon has gone back to Boston iirc.

Ok same point still stands just swap in the right names for whenever I put in the wrong names

Old 21-04-21, 01:15 AM   #8612
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

I can't see this ending well for us as fans. Either the ownership leaves or Klopp does.

Or both..
Old 21-04-21, 09:00 AM   #8613
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Everything will be fine
Old 21-04-21, 09:04 AM   #8614
greenturnip
Benitez

John Henry has apologised now so all is well....(not). It would be good to see an interview with Henry about the Super League idea (for which he has not apologised - he just apologised for the disruption). But it won't happen.
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-21, 12:46 PM   #8615
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

And we are still talking about restructuring the idea in a different format. It's a bit of a joke apology really.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-21, 01:10 PM   #8616
poorscousertommy
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenturnip View Post
John Henry has apologised now so all is well....(not). It would be good to see an interview with Henry about the Super League idea (for which he has not apologised - he just apologised for the disruption). But it won't happen.
Because they will come back again with a different format.

They will never learn.
poorscousertommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-21, 07:40 PM   #8617
Fan65
Fagan

This isn’t the end, football has been in turmoil for a while now. Too many fat cats, owners & agents raising the costs and creaming money off the fans. We’re the silly ones for paying over the odds. Season ticket hikes & merchandise costs are just eye watering but we’re paying it and that doesn’t include the telly costs, if you want to watch on the box you’ll have to subscribe to Sky, BT & Amazon to see the boys play. Just too much and I think we’re at breaking point especially as we have now been treated as mug punters by the top table.

It’s not as if the football ruling bodies are any better, the next World Cup is in a Qatar, that hotbed of football where no fan has ever been let alone knows where it is, yes ok it’s somewhere in the desert where they make oil a perfect location for grassroots football

Why did FIFA choose that location, I think we all know what abundant oil can do, just look at City’s squad. Sour grapes? Maybe but money rules ok.

I’m saddened by the way football has changed it’s not long ago the FA cup final was the greatest sporting day of the year, if Liverpool hadn’t made it that year it was horrible but it didn’t matter who else was there as it was a great spectacular day enjoyed by all.

As I said this isn’t the end but something needs to change and soon.

I want the passion that Jurgen Klopp gives us to spread as he is as honest and dedicated to football like no one else. He is everything the bootroom was about.

Here’s hoping...
Fan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-21, 06:46 AM   #8618
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan65 View Post
This isn’t the end, football has been in turmoil for a while now. Too many fat cats, owners & agents raising the costs and creaming money off the fans. We’re the silly ones for paying over the odds. Season ticket hikes & merchandise costs are just eye watering but we’re paying it and that doesn’t include the telly costs, if you want to watch on the box you’ll have to subscribe to Sky, BT & Amazon to see the boys play. Just too much and I think we’re at breaking point especially as we have now been treated as mug punters by the top table.

It’s not as if the football ruling bodies are any better, the next World Cup is in a Qatar, that hotbed of football where no fan has ever been let alone knows where it is, yes ok it’s somewhere in the desert where they make oil a perfect location for grassroots football

Why did FIFA choose that location, I think we all know what abundant oil can do, just look at City’s squad. Sour grapes? Maybe but money rules ok.

I’m saddened by the way football has changed it’s not long ago the FA cup final was the greatest sporting day of the year, if Liverpool hadn’t made it that year it was horrible but it didn’t matter who else was there as it was a great spectacular day enjoyed by all.

I want the passion that Jurgen Klopp gives us to spread as he is as honest and dedicated to football like no one else. He is everything the bootroom was about.

Here’s hoping...
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-21, 10:14 AM   #8619
super_xabi
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan65 View Post

Here’s hoping...
super_xabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-21, 10:42 AM   #8620
Charly
Dalglish

I dont think that it has all been bad. There were just as many shit aspects to football back in the day. All of the racism, violence and piss trickling down the terraces, cash for votes, brown envelopes, peado coaches, terrible pitches, booze, fags and cocaine lifestyles.

Sky money improved many aspects, when football was barely on the tv before. I agree that things could be done a lot bettter, but I dont get this weepy eyed view of the past. If you didnt go to the game youd spend the afternoon watching ceefax update... Yeah I miss those days.

The product is still the same, albiet with proper athletes, more modern stadia and sports science... and better football. Football has always been corrupt. I am pretty sure things are less so now (or mabe less blatent).
Old 22-04-21, 01:49 PM   #8621
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly View Post
I dont think that it has all been bad. There were just as many shit aspects to football back in the day. All of the racism, violence and piss trickling down the terraces, cash for votes, brown envelopes, peado coaches, terrible pitches, booze, fags and cocaine lifestyles.

Sky money improved many aspects, when football was barely on the tv before. I agree that things could be done a lot bettter, but I dont get this weepy eyed view of the past. If you didnt go to the game youd spend the afternoon watching ceefax update... Yeah I miss those days.

The product is still the same, albiet with proper athletes, more modern stadia and sports science... and better football. Football has always been corrupt. I am pretty sure things are less so now (or mabe less blatent).
That was a great read! I agree it's a better product but it has been left unchecked and with no caps on the influx in cash and no policies on funding grassroots football, it was always going to get out of hand until the money runs out.
Old 24-04-21, 02:39 PM   #8622
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Still love the guy and absolutely don’t want him to leave, but this season has definitely taken some of the gloss off. His inability to turn around the form of the team or the form of underperforming players, or adapt to circumstances is both surprising and disappointing. He’s fallible, who knew?

Last edited by Kenneth; 24-04-21 at 02:43 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 02:56 PM   #8623
S-RED
Dalglish

Not sure the players are buying in to his tatics TBH, they seem to be doubting what they are being asked to do.

I have no idea why, but there has been a catastrophic drop off this season attacking wise.
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 03:00 PM   #8624
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Not sure the players are buying in to his tatics TBH, they seem to be doubting what they are being asked to do.

I have no idea why, but there has been a catastrophic drop off this season attacking wise.
If that was the case we wouldn’t be creating the chances we have been.

Poor finishing up top with Salah the only goal threat and the defence again chopping and changing but the likes of Kabak isn’t good enough for me.

Roll on next season
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 03:05 PM   #8625
BigChief
Paisley

Even with his favourite in Gini and Firmino, Klopp managed to set the team up to win 7-1. The fact we didn't had nothing to do with him, unless he came on for Jota or Mane to tuck one of the chances away himself.
Old 24-04-21, 03:05 PM   #8626
kubrickscube
Fagan

Think we’d be much better off once Fabinho and hendo are back in midfield
kubrickscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 03:06 PM   #8627
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubrickscube View Post
Think we’d be much better off once Fabinho and hendo are back in midfield
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 03:46 PM   #8628
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Still love the guy and absolutely don’t want him to leave, but this season has definitely taken some of the gloss off. His inability to turn around the form of the team or the form of underperforming players, or adapt to circumstances is both surprising and disappointing. He’s fallible, who knew?

Becoming stubborn with his favourites and continues to ignore or try Shaq, Ox, Keita more often.

There is a well-accepted belief that if you keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome, you’re an idiot... Klopp needed to shake a few cages earlier in the season to try and rediscover some form. He didn’t. He stuck with it and nothing changed. Specifically, Hendo and Fab at CB when everyone else was ‘ffs try using the less experienced CBs and move them forward’ - but no, stubborn like Rafa in that period of the season and it has cost us ever since...
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 04:22 PM   #8629
kubrickscube
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Becoming stubborn with his favourites and continues to ignore or try Shaq, Ox, Keita more often.

There is a well-accepted belief that if you keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome, you’re an idiot... Klopp needed to shake a few cages earlier in the season to try and rediscover some form. He didn’t. He stuck with it and nothing changed. Specifically, Hendo and Fab at CB when everyone else was ‘ffs try using the less experienced CBs and move them forward’ - but no, stubborn like Rafa in that period of the season and it has cost us ever since...
To be fair he has tried various combinations of personnel without much joy. I’d say Jones’ early season form and Jota’s initial form were the only times this has paid off, as Keita, Shaq, Origi and Ox have done nothing to stake their claim
kubrickscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 04:28 PM   #8630
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Div, Ox and Shaq rarely get to play in their best positions when they do get the chance. We’ve seen Div our left, Ox on the right, Shaq in the middle, all shuffled to fit around his favourite positions of Salah and Bobby, mainly.

Last edited by Kenneth; 24-04-21 at 04:30 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 05:00 PM   #8631
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
If that was the case we wouldn’t be creating the chances we have been.

Poor finishing up top with Salah the only goal threat and the defence again chopping and changing but the likes of Kabak isn’t good enough for me.

Roll on next season
Yeah, not sure what more Klopp can do. The team created chances. Missing ten or so decent chances is a massive morale boost for whomever we are playing.
Old 24-04-21, 05:02 PM   #8632
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Div, Ox and Shaq rarely get to play in their best positions when they do get the chance. We’ve seen Div our left, Ox on the right, Shaq in the middle, all shuffled to fit around his favourite positions of Salah and Bobby, mainly.
I do agree with this also. And when they come on they are playing for 10 mins in big pressure situations and seem to force it a bit.
Old 24-04-21, 05:12 PM   #8633
Liverpool
Paisley

after the manc game i'd be turning the focus onto next season. Gini in the bin, give Jones a game. Robertson looks knackered, let's see Tsimikas. Fab back into midfield. Ben Davies captain.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 05:29 PM   #8634
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:

RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 06:14 PM   #8635
BG1973
Fagan

Quote:

That's it then, he's an idiot.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 06:32 PM   #8636
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG1973 View Post
That's it then, he's an idiot.

Far from it but continuing with those two as CBs for so long and still losing games so frequently was mental. Everyone could see it wasn’t working... but he kept with it for months
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 07:02 PM   #8637
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Someone can make stupid decisions without being stupid.

Klopp has been just as poor this season as the players imo. Hopefully a reset in the summer, bit of luck with injuries and the team can do much better.
Old 24-04-21, 07:10 PM   #8638
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Far from it but continuing with those two as CBs for so long and still losing games so frequently was mental. Everyone could see it wasn’t working... but he kept with it for months
Henderson and Fabinho played 3 games together as the CB pairing.
Old 24-04-21, 07:19 PM   #8639
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Henderson and Fabinho played 3 games together as the CB pairing.
And we lost the lot probably

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-21, 07:26 PM   #8640
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
And we lost the lot probably

YNWA
Nope, but that wasn’t the point.