It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 11-02-18, 11:57 PM   #19481
ChesterDave
Paisley

The Smalling dive was shameful. Should be banned for that
Old 11-02-18, 11:58 PM   #19482
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
The Smalling dive was shameful. Should be banned for that
bad enough in the goal area, but in the middle of the pitch, ffs. this game is shameful.
FA shit scared to reprimand manure cos of their 'global' fanbase, tv revenue and sponsors.

but unless they man the fuck up sponsors will leave as they dont want to be associated with cheating tossers.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 01:11 AM   #19483
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 15-02-18, 01:43 AM   #19484
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 15-02-18, 02:09 AM   #19485
baitman
Daddy day care

cracks starting to appear

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
Old 15-02-18, 03:09 AM   #19486
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

2nd -> 5th on the cards! One can dream..

Lose to Chelsea
Win at Palace
Lose to us

5th place for Utd!
Old 15-02-18, 05:05 AM   #19487
EwarWoo
Paisley

[Kevin Keenan] I would love it, love it if they finished 5th[/Kevin Keegan]
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 11:03 AM   #19488
gratziani
Dalglish

All starting to go wrong for them , Sevilla win would top it off as well
gratziani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 11:12 AM   #19489
Reece

Pogba cost only a little less than our whole front three
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 11:27 AM   #19490
gratziani
Dalglish

Pogba is the new Fellaini for them just cost a lot more
gratziani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 11:56 AM   #19491
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratziani View Post
Pogba is the new Fellaini for them just cost a lot more
pogba is the new Bebe
Old 15-02-18, 12:27 PM   #19492
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Pogba is talked up a lot by the ex players and Manc apologists in the media, but other than the odd glimpse here and there v. some of the lesser lights in the league he’s been very disappointing.

And by very disappointing I mean shite.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 12:45 PM   #19493
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Pogba is talked up a lot by the ex players and Manc apologists in the media, but other than the odd glimpse here and there v. some of the lesser lights in the league he’s been very disappointing.

And by very disappointing I mean shite.
these moaninho marquee signings will all soon be fucking off to psg/italy and easy street soon.

Old 15-02-18, 01:07 PM   #19494
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Dpogba Dpogba
Old 15-02-18, 03:16 PM   #19495
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 15-02-18, 04:49 PM   #19496
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Before reading that article i tended to agree, i.e. that Pogba perhaps isn't suited to a Mourinho team. He's quite rigid in how he has had his teams playing in the past. Also, it just happens that some players just don't fit into certain clubs no matter how gifted they are, for example, i don't think Salah would be anywhere near as effective in a Mourinho team as he is in ours.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 05:58 PM   #19497
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Let's face it, Messi and Suarez would struggle to make an impact if they were starved of any service and forced to play in their own half
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 06:11 PM   #19498
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

They've definitely got an issue with egos now. And I dont see how you fit Pogba and Sanchez into a balanced lineup, exactly the issue they had with Rooney.

Top business by them though.

1. sign Pogba as youth.
2. sell for £1.5m
3. buy back for £100m 3 years later
4. allow his ego to grow to ridiculous proportion
5. sign players making it impossible to fit him into lineup, negating all his potential qualities.

Old 15-02-18, 06:22 PM   #19499
dom9
Ant Pisser

I'm not sure ego is the problem as much as the disconnect between the recruitment strategy and the tactical strategy.

Real / Barca have among the biggest egos on the planet. Get them to play with freedom and win things, then everyone is happy.

But if you're gonna be rigid with your tactics and system (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that), go out and buy the right shaped pegs. You'll probably save a fortune doing it too.
Old 15-02-18, 07:28 PM   #19500
Deano
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
oooooh the briefing has started ......
Old 15-02-18, 07:55 PM   #19501
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
I'm not sure ego is the problem as much as the disconnect between the recruitment strategy and the tactical strategy.

Real / Barca have among the biggest egos on the planet. Get them to play with freedom and win things, then everyone is happy.

But if you're gonna be rigid with your tactics and system (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that), go out and buy the right shaped pegs. You'll probably save a fortune doing it too.
When Barca and Real are doing well is when they have managers with smaller egos than their players. Egos in the squad and in management doesn't bode well. Ferguson in particular wouldn't tolerate it, neither would Shanks although the latter from a different era obvs.

But yeah we seem to have a synergy between recruitment and tactical strategy.
Old 15-02-18, 08:03 PM   #19502
dom9
Ant Pisser

Ferguson had the biggest ego of all. And he had some massive egos (is that the polite term?) playing for him too. They didn't stand a chance against him, and were managed (or tolerated) then shipped out when the baggage was greater than their contribution.

Ince, Beckham, Cantona, van Nistelrooy, Keane, Robson, Schmeichel etc.

Last edited by dom9; 15-02-18 at 08:05 PM.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 08:10 PM   #19503
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Thats just it though you cant have multiple large egos within an organisation like this. If you have one it has to be the manager.

I don't see it ending well for Utd, with Jose, Pogba and Sanchez all fighting for the spotlight.

And thats aside from he fact that the players don't fit into the formation the manager wants. Thats why it is strange that they gave Mourinho a new contract, the easiest solution surely would be to replace him?

Anyway, long may it continue.
Old 15-02-18, 08:21 PM   #19504
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

All the big names will be demanding bigger wages following the crazy Sanchez deal
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 08:38 PM   #19505
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Ferguson had the biggest ego of all. And he had some massive egos (is that the polite term?) playing for him too. They didn't stand a chance against him, and were managed (or tolerated) then shipped out when the baggage was greater than their contribution.

Ince, Beckham, Cantona, van Nistelrooy, Keane, Robson, Schmeichel etc.
Oh, yeah, that was my point, i guess he thought the egos in the squad would be detrimental and moved them on, many times as you've listed. But ultimately there isn't much room for too many egos... and united have multiple now.
Old 15-02-18, 08:54 PM   #19506
Deano
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
All the big names will be demanding bigger wages following the crazy Sanchez deal
Yup - Pogba's clause gives him parity less 2% of the club captain/ highest wage earner (Was Rooney)
Old 15-02-18, 08:56 PM   #19507
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Let's face it, Mourinho alone is already too much ego for one club.
Red_Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 08:57 PM   #19508
Deano
Shankly

Thing is tho, Jose's deal following on from AF, means he now earns a basic of GBP20m a year from ManYoo.

WoW just Wow
Old 15-02-18, 08:59 PM   #19509
Deano
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Thing is tho, Jose's deal following on from AF, means he now earns a basic of GBP20m a year from ManYoo.

WoW just Wow
Led to believe his endorsements are worth more than his base contract
Old 15-02-18, 09:36 PM   #19510
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
They've definitely got an issue with egos now. And I dont see how you fit Pogba and Sanchez into a balanced lineup, exactly the issue they had with Rooney.

Top business by them though.

1. sign Pogba as youth.
2. sell for £1.5m
3. buy back for £100m 3 years later
4. allow his ego to grow to ridiculous proportion
5. sign players making it impossible to fit him into lineup, negating all his potential qualities.

Disagree - Pogba’s best form was at Juve on the left of a midfield 3 with a worker (Marchisio) and a play maker (Pirlo) with him. They played 3 CBs, two wing backs and 2 up top.

Were United to play a 4-3-3 like this then it might work.

Valencia - Bailly - Jones - Darmian

Matic
Herrera Pogba

Sanchez Martial
Lukaku
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 10:02 PM   #19511
Paddy
Out Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Disagree - Pogba’s best form was at Juve on the left of a midfield 3 with a worker (Marchisio) and a play maker (Pirlo) with him. They played 3 CBs, two wing backs and 2 up top.

Were United to play a 4-3-3 like this then it might work.

Valencia - Bailly - Jones - Darmian

Matic
Herrera Pogba

Sanchez Martial
Lukaku
Did you feel even the littlest bit dirty typing all that out?
Old 15-02-18, 10:07 PM   #19512
red g
Paisley

reckon Lingaard & Rashford wont be to happy soon with there lack of game time either.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 11:03 PM   #19513
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Did you feel even the littlest bit dirty typing all that out?
I genuinely did
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-18, 12:55 AM   #19514
BigChief
Paisley

Loving it!

Those truly awful Micky mouse cups might not be so gutting if they buy Jose time among his hardcore fan base and the owners. He will just be able to do enough damage before the blinkers are truly removed. Maybe another round of Salah/De Bruyne type destruction this time with Rashford and Martial.
Old 16-02-18, 01:11 PM   #19515
dom9
Ant Pisser

I came across this article on Old Trafford from last year. The state of the stadium is a symptom of a much wider issue, it would seem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...w-showing-age/

Quote:
Once the country's best stadium, tired Old Trafford is now showing its age
JIM WHITE
Jim White 6 DECEMBER 2017 • 3:00PM

On Sunday the eyes of the world will be focussed on Manchester. As the cross-town rivals go head to head at the top of the Premier League, in a match that will have a huge bearing on the direction of the title, updates from the match will spin round the globe. Or at least they would if the WiFi in the Old Trafford press box actually worked.

Everywhere reporters go in the Premier League these days, at the Emirates and the Etihad, at Anfield and the Amex, the WiFi works like a dream. Except at the Theatre of Dreams. There it drifts in and out, stops unexpectedly, disappears entirely from view, making the delivery of reports - so straight-forward elsewhere - a source of constant frustration. And it has been like that for the past five years at least.

This may seem the most niche of complaints. Really, what does it matter that a few journalists are inconvenienced when the product on the pitch is as compelling as this? Except the shabby state of communications at the country’s largest club venue is indicative of a wider issue: this is a sporting institution in urgent need of investment. Frankly, it would not take much in the way of cash to sort out the problem. But at United for the past decade, when it comes to funding improvements, there has been an institutionalised reluctance for hands to go anywhere near pockets.

And that is a story that can be seen all round the stadium. When the Manchester City fans file into their rivals’ home on Sunday it will be a familiar trip. While the Etihad is a place subject to almost constant upgrade and redevelopment, Old Trafford has not changed at all in more than 10 years. Nothing has been added, nothing rebuilt, nothing improved. The capacity has not been increased, the facilities have not been overhauled, even the pies remain as inedible as they have long been.

Once Old Trafford was the leader of stadium development, the shining light of modernism. After the Taylor Report demanded football be dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world, the Manchester United board quicker than anyone else appreciated the commercial returns that could come from developing their infrastructure. Blessed with the room to expand, they built upwards and outwards. It wasn’t cheap, but soon they had the grandest stadium in the country, capable of accommodating more of the club’s vast supporter base than ever before. By the time the quadrants were extended in 2005 to take the capacity up to over 75,000, United were so far ahead they could entertain 30,000 more paying customers than any of their main rivals.

In the past decade, however, as Old Trafford has remained pickled in aspic, so the rest have been playing catch up. Arsenal have moved into the Emirates, Spurs will move into the state-of-the-art new White Hart Lane next season, Chelsea have plans for a super stadium at Stamford Bridge. Meanwhile, Liverpool and Manchester City have hugely increased their capacity with grand new stands, West Ham can now play to 20,000 more people since they purloined the London Stadium, even Crystal Palace are in the process of a sizeable expansion. Everywhere corporate revenues are increasing from adventurous new facilities like City’s Tunnel Club. Meanwhile, United’s premium offer remains as it has for the past 10 years: steak, chips and a pre-match live appearance by Clayton Blackmore.

The lack of investment is indicative. At Old Trafford, under the Glazer ownership, everything is focussed on the present not the future. All initiatives are concentrated on upping the revenues from global corporate partnerships in order to pare down the debt. These are not owners interested in investing. After all, they have not put a penny of their own money into the club, preferring to use others’ cash to pay off the cost of buying the place. Blessed with taking on a property that was then the market leader, they have sat back and done nothing to keep it ahead of the game.

Everywhere you look at United it is the same. Once the training ground was the best around. Now it has been overtaken by those at Arsenal, Spurs and Everton, never mind the magnificent facility that has bloomed across town at the Etihad. Likewise, the Academy that once produced the Class of '92 is now lingering in the shadow of City and Chelsea. While the rest of the game has invested to improve, at United the roof has remained unrepaired as the sun has shone.

There are those working within the club who are more than aware of the need to upgrade in order to recover the lost distance from the pack. Recently there has been talk of looking into expansion of the Sir Bobby Charlton stand, to take capacity up to 88,000. The trouble is, with a railway line running behind, this would be a hugely complicated, expensive project. And with owners who have proven reluctant ever to do anything other than extract money from the coffers, the cost of funding it has thus far kept the idea on the drawing board. One day, of couse, there might be news of development on that front. Though possibly not if we are dependent on the Old Trafford WiFi system to deliver it.

It is a severely ugly stadium too.
Old 16-02-18, 03:26 PM   #19516
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
steak, chips and a pre-match live appearance by Clayton Blackmore
Old 16-02-18, 09:11 PM   #19517
McDermotX
Paisley

Old 16-02-18, 09:40 PM   #19518
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Yup - Pogba's clause gives him parity less 2% of the club captain/ highest wage earner (Was Rooney)
And you know this how ?
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-18, 10:03 PM   #19519
Deano
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
And you know this how ?
Old 21-02-18, 04:34 PM   #19520
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Tsk:

Do Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola REALLY get treated differently?
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....k_MessageShare

est1892 > Football > General Football