It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 20-12-21, 05:19 PM   #1401
S-RED
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
It is a bit rich that clubs who have managed to get a two week mid season break because of COVID now want to make sure that no other club can get the same.
exactly this
S-RED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 05:38 PM   #1402
Frog83
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
So Mancs, Spuds, Leicester, Villa had less than 13 fit players so could not fulfill?? I smell bullshit, just makes things going forward unfair on those teams ( Ala Leeds, Chavs, Us even) who have fulfilled fixtures with decimated squads.

Fucking piss-up & brewery spring to mind; scary considering its a multi-billion business
And the fact that City benefit mostly from all of this through the unrivalled squad depth they have. Their 2nd string vs depleted opponents would easily win them the league. I can't see them dropping anymore points for the duration that other teams can't field their best players. Seems a little unfair.

Sent from my V2006 using Tapatalk
Frog83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 08:32 PM   #1403
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Though from what I understand of Klopp's post match comments last night, that he's been pushing more for the following than postponing PL games:

Quote:
FA Cup replays in rounds three and four have however been scrapped and talks are ongoing on whether to reduce EFL Cup semi-final ties to one-leg matches.
Old 20-12-21, 08:58 PM   #1404
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog83 View Post
And the fact that City benefit mostly from all of this through the unrivalled squad depth they have. Their 2nd string vs depleted opponents would easily win them the league. I can't see them dropping anymore points for the duration that other teams can't field their best players. Seems a little unfair.

Sent from my V2006 using Tapatalk
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 09:24 PM   #1405
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
So Mancs, Spuds, Leicester, Villa had less than 13 fit players so could not fulfill?? I smell bullshit, just makes things going forward unfair on those teams ( Ala Leeds, Chavs, Us even) who have fulfilled fixtures with decimated squads.

Fucking piss-up & brewery spring to mind; scary considering its a multi-billion business
Looking at injury table for the league,
https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php
which admittedly is for the next scheduled round of games rather than the postponed games

Brighton are missing 12 players, Leeds and Leicester 11, Us, Chelsea and Norwich 10, Everton and Villa 9, so assuming the named 25 man squad, Brighton would be down to 13 players and the other sides could only be a few (more) cases from not being able to play.

Of the other clubs mentioned Man Utd have 6, Spurs have 3, it's possible that 6 other Manc players have recovered and 9 Spurs players have recovered. As I say this is for the up coming games rather than the ones missed so I don't know the previous numbers but that seems alot of players to have recovered in a relatively short space of time, maybe the issue was inconclusive test results which have better recovery time, but I wouldn't be surprised if the rules weren't applied the same way to everyone...

Last edited by Exiled_red; 20-12-21 at 09:27 PM.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 10:52 PM   #1406
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Meanwhile, on a different planet...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59729834
Old 20-12-21, 11:19 PM   #1407
Exiled_red
Paisley

FFS you can see why FIFA want to do it due to how much money it would raise but fuck right off there is far too much international football as it is.
Old 21-12-21, 11:00 AM   #1408
The_weatherman
Smug

Erm did the Villa game get postponed because of four fringe players getting Covid?
Old 26-12-21, 01:06 PM   #1409
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Stevie G has tested positive, misses the next two games apparently

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC