It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-22, 08:13 AM   #1
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
Fosterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37,520
Premier League fixtures 22/23

I reckon we're getting West Ham first.
__________________
Fuck off.
Fosterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 16-06-22, 08:33 AM   #2
S-RED
Shankly
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,685
Man City vs Fulham

We will get BHA
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 08:44 AM   #3
frank the tank
Paisley
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,252
Wouldn't mind a home game first and wouldn't mind it being against a big team either....... I think Jurgen and Pep Ljinders will tweak the strategy this season to start like a fuckin train taking the mid-season break for the world cup into account.

United at home first would be brilliant....... or even City.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 08:46 AM   #4
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Wouldn't mind a home game first and wouldn't mind it being against a big team either....... I think Jurgen and Pep Ljinders will tweak the strategy this season to start like a fuckin train taking the mid-season break for the world cup into account.

United at home first would be brilliant....... or even City.


Almost impossible unless they have changed their set up.

Certain teams do not get to meet too early on otherwise too many of the marquee TV matches could potentially happen too early in the season.

The fixture setting is not a fully random draw and has not been for some time now.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 09:00 AM   #5
frank the tank
Paisley
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,252
Fulham away to start
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 09:03 AM   #6
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,794
August

Fulham (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Man United (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (H)

September

Everton (A)
Wolves (H)
Chelsea (A)

October

Brighton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man City (H)
West Ham (H)
Nottm Forest (A)
Leeds (H)

November

Tottenham (A)
Southampton (H)

World Cup

December

Aston Villa (A)
Leicester (H)

January

Brentford (A)
Brighton (A)
Chelsea (H)

February

Wolves (A)
Everton (H)
Newcastle (A)
Crystal Palace (A)

March

Man United (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Fulham (H)

April

Man City (A)
Arsenal (H)
Leeds (A)
Nottm Forest (H)
West Ham (A)
Tottenham (H)

May

Brentford (H)
Leicester (A)
Aston Villa (H)
Southampton (A)


Going to be savage congestion of fixtures once CL, FA Cup and LC games get factored in. Thanks to the sports wash World cup.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.

Last edited by Jaco_Pastorious; 16-06-22 at 09:05 AM.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 09:06 AM   #7
frank the tank
Paisley
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,252
cant see us losing any of those!!!!

Jan and Feb seems strange - 2 home games out of the 7 league fixtures across those 2 months!!!
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 09:13 AM   #8
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 52,432
Man U away third game in..!
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 09:16 AM   #9
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite
 
Pablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,817
The run-in in May looks good.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 09:17 AM   #10
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,794
All you plebs in here best make the most of your few weeks off.

Come August 6th we go again for the big one and no slacking off will be tolerated.

Full on blind and raw optimism will be resuming normal service from August to May.

In fact this season I may be uber optimistic as number 20 is, not might be, on the way.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 09:17 AM   #11
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Man U away third game in..!

We always get mid table teams early on, why would this season be any different?
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 10:11 AM   #12
Sus
Benitez
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
We always get mid table teams early on, why would this season be any different?
I've already got my tickets for the Jaco loony bin optimist train this season
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 10:15 AM   #13
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
I've already got my tickets for the Jaco loony bin optimist train this season
Last season is going to appear downbeat and pessimistic by comparison.

2022/23 season will be the We shall not be moved season. The year the optimists prevail

Think we are a single player away from optimism becoming expectation.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 10:21 AM   #14
The_weatherman
Smug
 
The_weatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12,968
August to October could be brutal for teams with smaller squads
__________________
* The above is posted in my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
The_weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 10:26 AM   #15
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,029
It’s going to be brutal for everyone.

By the World Cup break in mid November, all PL teams will have squeezed in 5 more games than usual.

And all of the CL group stage games will be squeezed in by then too.
__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 10:27 AM   #16
Sus
Benitez
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 989
What a joke that is - fucking corruption re Qatar
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 10:28 AM   #17
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
Fosterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37,520
City away to West Ham could be tasty.
__________________
Fuck off.
Fosterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 10:28 AM   #18
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 52,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Last season is going to appear downbeat and pessimistic by comparison.

2022/23 season will be the We shall not be moved season. The year the optimists prevail

Think we are a single player away from optimism becoming expectation.


I'm in.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 10:32 AM   #19
Sus
Benitez
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Last season is going to appear downbeat and pessimistic by comparison.

2022/23 season will be the We shall not be moved season. The year the optimists prevail

Think we are a single player away from optimism becoming expectation.
Barella?
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 10:38 AM   #20
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post


I'm in.

And just like that a faction begins to emerge

Gonna be like The Warriors in here this season. A few lads utterly convinced of making it to the end regardless of what obstacles crop up along the way.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
Barella?

We put him into our current squad (or a player with similar qualities ) and I defo would be expecting silverware and not just hoping for it

To be honest if we got someone like Nunes from Sporting I would wildly excited as well.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 16-06-22, 12:52 PM   #21
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 40,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
August

Fulham (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Man United (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Newcastle (H)

September

Everton (A)
Wolves (H)
Chelsea (A)

October

Brighton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man City (H)
West Ham (H)
Nottm Forest (A)
Leeds (H)

November

Tottenham (A)
Southampton (H)

World Cup

December

Aston Villa (A)
Leicester (H)

January

Brentford (A)
Brighton (A)
Chelsea (H)

February

Wolves (A)
Everton (H)
Newcastle (A)
Crystal Palace (A)

March

Man United (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Fulham (H)

April

Man City (A)
Arsenal (H)
Leeds (A)
Nottm Forest (H)
West Ham (A)
Tottenham (H)

May

Brentford (H)
Leicester (A)
Aston Villa (H)
Southampton (A)


Going to be savage congestion of fixtures once CL, FA Cup and LC games get factored in. Thanks to the sports wash World cup.
That's a great fixture list imo
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 01:03 PM   #22
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
That's a great fixture list imo
In what way? In a having gaps between playing big teams sort of way? I'm the worst person to judge things like that I like runs of playing big teams back to back.

Don't forget a lot of those fixtures will be moved around and resceduled once cup fixtures start to be added in there.

I think it is an awful list this year because of the congestion of fixures that will happen this season.

Stupid league of nations and other international crap still on at the moment. Then a shorter break than usual for players as pre season has to begin earlier thanks to the season starting earlier.

Could easily be a season that sees a record number of injuries thoughout the league.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 01:24 PM   #23
Mr Pink
Fagan
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I think Jurgen and Pep Ljinders will tweak the strategy this season to start like a fuckin train
Donít trains generally start quite slowly?
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 01:25 PM   #24
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 47,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
In what way? In a having gaps between playing big teams sort of way? I'm the worst person to judge things like that I like runs of playing big teams back to back.

Don't forget a lot of those fixtures will be moved around and resceduled once cup fixtures start to be added in there.

I think it is an awful list this year because of the congestion of fixures that will happen this season.

Stupid league of nations and other international crap still on at the moment. Then a shorter break than usual for players as pre season has to begin earlier thanks to the season starting earlier.

Could easily be a season that sees a record number of injuries thoughout the league.
We really need to see where the European fixtures fit in and where games are slotted in for TV. The season is barely longer than normal but there is a WC stuffed in there. The season is going to be a one of constant fixture congestion. How we do will likely depend on the timings of injuries to big players. A period out that might normally see you miss 2 or 3 games this year could see you miss 5 or 6.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 01:28 PM   #25
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 52,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Donít trains generally start quite slowly?
Often late/cancelled
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 01:40 PM   #26
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 40,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
In what way? In a having gaps between playing big teams sort of way? I'm the worst person to judge things like that I like runs of playing big teams back to back.

Don't forget a lot of those fixtures will be moved around and resceduled once cup fixtures start to be added in there.

I think it is an awful list this year because of the congestion of fixures that will happen this season.

Stupid league of nations and other international crap still on at the moment. Then a shorter break than usual for players as pre season has to begin earlier thanks to the season starting earlier.

Could easily be a season that sees a record number of injuries thoughout the league.
Yes, was always going to be congested as obviously cups games and other stuff will come into play. I'm happy not having to play 2 or 3 or 4 top teams in high intensity games in such a short space + cups games imo is a good thing.

And they will be moved around but sure I can only comment on the fixtures provided currently
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.

Last edited by danperkins; 16-06-22 at 01:42 PM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 01:45 PM   #27
Jaco_Pastorious
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Yes, was always going to be congested as obviously cups games and other stuff will come into play. I'm happy not having to play 2 or 3 or 4 top teams in high intensity games in such a short space + cups games imo is a good thing.
Depends on who we get in the cups though or if we have a tough group in the CL.

The congestion is stupid. If the climate in a country is not suitable for a WC to be played in the summer, then hold it in a country where the clinate is more suitable.

As Exiled pointed out, the congestion could mean a two or three week injury costing us players for four, five or six games whereas last season it might have been two or three games missed.

The only positive with the stupid winter WC is a good number of our squad will have a mid season break, though the same applies probably to a greater degree to many of the mid and lower table teams who ould have less players again at the WC.

The congestion is my bugbear and moreso the reason behind that congestion.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 05:01 PM   #28
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 40,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Depends on who we get in the cups though or if we have a tough group in the CL.

The congestion is stupid. If the climate in a country is not suitable for a WC to be played in the summer, then hold it in a country where the clinate is more suitable.

As Exiled pointed out, the congestion could mean a two or three week injury costing us players for four, five or six games whereas last season it might have been two or three games missed.

The only positive with the stupid winter WC is a good number of our squad will have a mid season break, though the same applies probably to a greater degree to many of the mid and lower table teams who ould have less players again at the WC.

The congestion is my bugbear and moreso the reason behind that congestion.
Yeah it's a disaster whatever way you swing it. I have no idea what dates we play champs league fixtures on and what teams we play before and after. If it's one of the big boys then that's a disaster as we will have to rotate and you don't want to compromise the team too much if the opposition are tough.
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-22, 06:27 PM   #29
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 27,829
Are there reduced international breaks this season hence Nations League being played in a block. That will surely be a positive.
__________________
Football without Origi is nothing
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.