It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 07-08-22, 07:16 AM   #281
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Okay Fredo

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 10:20 AM   #282
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal

Dunno if it's just me - and it's far from an exact science - but I always feel you can tell if it's gonna be a good day from the first minute or two. Feels a regular occurrence. City last week - absolutely on it right from the off. Yesterday, terrible immediately and you knew it was gonna be a bad day. I'm still annoyed about it, and while Fulham deserve credit for getting in our faces, it was inexplicably bad from us. The worst I can remember for a long time.

I also think - like I said before the game - there's no need for that midfield. It's a midfield that should feature against the top 6 imo, but yesterday (and against the rest of the league) should have been a start for Carvalho (or Elliott) alongside Fab/Hendo and Thiago.
Old 07-08-22, 11:02 AM   #283
labourRed
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Dunno if it's just me - and it's far from an exact science - but I always feel you can tell if it's gonna be a good day from the first minute or two. Feels a regular occurrence. City last week - absolutely on it right from the off. Yesterday, terrible immediately and you knew it was gonna be a bad day. I'm still annoyed about it, and while Fulham deserve credit for getting in our faces, it was inexplicably bad from us. The worst I can remember for a long time.

I also think - like I said before the game - there's no need for that midfield. It's a midfield that should feature against the top 6 imo, but yesterday (and against the rest of the league) should have been a start for Carvalho (or Elliott) alongside Fab/Hendo and Thiago.
Yup as soon as Trent got closed down and hit a hopeful ball down the line for Salah (which was never on) it set the tone for me. Everyone was just off it.

As for the midfield, we won't see it for a while by the looks of it. Felt Elliot did alright after his slip and I'd like to see him get a run now. Carvalho looks to be earmarked for forward back up while he settles at least.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 09:45 AM   #284
Irishnev
Paisley

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 11:38 AM   #285
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Just caught up on the game last night.

Miserable defending from Trent on the first goal. He had no idea Mitrovic was behind him. He had to win that.
Old 08-08-22, 01:08 PM   #286
rudedog
Pig hater

Shouldn’t have been a pen IMO. Stupid from VVD but the contact was minimal at best (slight brush of the knees?). The rules were supposed to have been changed last year in that contact doesn’t necessarily lead to a pen.

Also, can’t believe how much the ref as influenced by the crowd. Every time they made a noise he was blowing for a foul against us, completely embarrassing officiating.
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 02:21 PM   #287
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
Shouldn’t have been a pen IMO. Stupid from VVD but the contact was minimal at best (slight brush of the knees?). The rules were supposed to have been changed last year in that contact doesn’t necessarily lead to a pen.

Also, can’t believe how much the ref as influenced by the crowd. Every time they made a noise he was blowing for a foul against us, completely embarrassing officiating.
Totally agree mate, especially the peno.
Old 08-08-22, 02:29 PM   #288
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Just caught up on the game last night.

Miserable defending from Trent on the first goal. He had no idea Mitrovic was behind him. He had to win that.
Trents peripheral vision is non existent since he went to bobbly braids

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 03:02 PM   #289
Mr Pink
Fagan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Totally agree mate, especially the peno.
Think it was one of those ones, where VAR wasn’t overturning the ref, whichever way he called it.
Old 08-08-22, 03:09 PM   #290
Charly
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Trents peripheral vision is non existent since he went to bobbly braids
Thats why Virg's manbun works best... although if he let it down, I do wonder what would happen.
Old 08-08-22, 08:36 PM   #291
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Not much said about it, but the team goal, finished by Nunez was absolutely outstanding. (38 seconds in)

If Arsenal scored that 15 years ago, they'd have been calling it goal of the season. MOTD didn't even replay it post match.
Old 08-08-22, 08:39 PM   #292
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Elliot involved in both goals and would have had an assist if Hendo's went in. Probably deserves to start ahead of Naby against Palace.
Old 08-08-22, 09:09 PM   #293
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Elliot involved in both goals and would have had an assist if Hendo's went in. Probably deserves to start ahead of Naby against Palace.

There were times where Fulham's left side was absolutely wide open when Elliott was on. He pulls people all over the place.
Old 08-08-22, 09:55 PM   #294
rudedog
Pig hater

To say we played shite, we still scored two, had two off the bar and one off the line
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 10:01 PM   #295
ronanm
Shankly

Quote:
To say we played shite, we still scored two, had two off the bar and one off the line
That's right. Didn't control the game but plenty of chances to win it.
Old 08-08-22, 10:22 PM   #296
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Our midfield was shite.
Old 08-08-22, 11:06 PM   #297
BigChief
Paisley

I was too heartbroken to watch the highlights but now looking at the clip we definitely looked like our old selves in the second half. City will have games like that, they did last season too and still won the league.

Hopefully Klopp relegates Firmino to the heap and brings forward Carvalho in the pecking order. Jota better get fit quick too!
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #298
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Think it was one of those ones, where VAR wasn’t overturning the ref, whichever way he called it.
Did the ref go over to look at it on the monitor? There was something in commentary that suggested that he did, but the cameras didn't show him looking at it.
Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM   #299
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Did the ref go over to look at it on the monitor? There was something in commentary that suggested that he did, but the cameras didn't show him looking at it.
No, VAR upheld the ref’s decision and didn’t ask him to review it.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #300
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
No, VAR upheld the ref’s decision and didn’t ask him to review it.
It should have asked him to have another look at least. There was enough doubt to ask him to do that, probably not enough to overturn it based on the mixed opinions in here at least.
Old Today, 01:24 PM   #301
Angryred
Dalglish

With Trent not covering his man has cost us a few games recently, more so the UCL final when he didn't track ya man's run to the goal!
Old Today, 01:34 PM   #302
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
It should have asked him to have another look at least. There was enough doubt to ask him to do that, probably not enough to overturn it based on the mixed opinions in here at least.
The VAR got it right in terms of procedure. There was contact, however slight (it was still a dive). The VAR is only supposed to ask the ref to review it if the replay was inconclusive.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #303
Jaco_Pastorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
With Trent not covering his man has cost us a few games recently, more so the UCL final when he didn't track ya man's run to the goal!

Even more reason not to play him in midfield as he would have far more runners to track in the middle.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC