It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 21-09-20, 04:35 PM   #6481
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,126
Yeah, he injured his knee on international duty.

Levy must be sweating bullets.

Paying 40% of 600k per week and won't be able to field him for another month.

The scenes if Wales call him up for the next set of international fixtures
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 05:26 PM   #6482
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 43,512
It'll be interesting to see how he does as he was a top player a while ago but obviously being out of favour and not playing regularly will have affected him in some way, will he be able to get back to his peak level?
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 05:28 PM   #6483
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Yeah, he injured his knee on international duty.

Levy must be sweating bullets.

Paying 40% of 600k per week and won't be able to field him for another month.

The scenes if Wales call him up for the next set of international fixtures


Wales > Golf > Spurs
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 05:36 PM   #6484
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,126
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 06:02 PM   #6485
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 43,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post


Wales > Golf > Spurs
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 09:57 PM   #6486
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post


Wales > Golf > Spurs

Wales > Golf > Person > Woman > Man > Camera > TV > Spurs
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-20, 11:12 PM   #6487
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42,576
The side of Mourinho we’ve not seen so much.

Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 11:52 AM   #6488
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,126
Spurs given a bye into the 4th round of the Milk cup after their tie against Leyton Orient was called off earlier in the week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54295512
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 01:09 PM   #6489
labourRed
Shankly
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 9,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Spurs given a bye into the 4th round of the Milk cup after their tie against Leyton Orient was called off earlier in the week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54295512
Yup predictable enough that. Problem may arise in the league, that will be a harder pill to swallow for some clubs.

LO have already had their next game suspended, and that's OK for a few games, but they'll start to catch up with a few teams, starting lower down first.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 04:51 PM   #6490
ntto
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,443
thats the standard set now for Pep
ntto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 08:34 PM   #6491
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 130,756
Very good tbf

__________________
Fucking chances, goals
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 10:12 PM   #6492
S-RED
Dalglish
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,254
Missing the irony
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 11:15 PM   #6493
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 24,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Spurs given a bye into the 4th round of the Milk cup after their tie against Leyton Orient was called off earlier in the week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54295512
I still can't get over why this game was postponed and ultimately awarded to Spurs yey West Ham were allowed to change their starting XI and play a game
__________________
65 points to go!
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 04:11 PM   #6494
S-RED
Dalglish
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
I still can't get over why this game was postponed and ultimately awarded to Spurs yey West Ham were allowed to change their starting XI and play a game
Yes, less than a year after we had to play 2 games in 24hours on two separate continents
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 08:54 PM   #6495
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42,576


__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 07:15 PM   #6496
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 130,756
Oops!



__________________
Fucking chances, goals
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 07:43 PM   #6497
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42,576
Quite hard to believe they have the utmost respect for Kane after that

How do you 'accidentally' post that online..?
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 08:00 PM   #6498
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion
 
RedReet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 21,713
I couldn't make out what they were saying. Were they just making fun of how he talked or something else? Was it Harvey Elliot talking off camera?
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 09:25 PM   #6499
badpiggy
Paisley
 
badpiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11,502
Well this is a tough fuckin thread to skulk back into. I was certain of and revelling in Mourinho's demise. And then there's that documentary where he comes across as not a cunt. Supposedly. Hopefully not. And Spurs are doing well. I assume it won't last and obviously hope that he's basically a decapitated malevolent chicken on his last yet startling death run.
__________________
“The gods that we've made are exactly the gods you'd expect to be made by a species that's about half a chromosome away from being chimpanzee.”
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 09:27 PM   #6500
Venton
Paisley
 
Venton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
Well this is a tough fuckin thread to skulk back into. I was certain of and revelling in Mourinho's demise. And then there's that documentary where he comes across as not a cunt. Supposedly. Hopefully not. And Spurs are doing well. I assume it won't last and obviously hope that he's basically a decapitated malevolent chicken on his last yet startling death run.
I think finding out that someone you've hated for a long time turns out to be not that bad is worse than finding someone you hero-worshipped is a massive cunt. Either way, I don't like change
__________________
Experimental music, Metropolitan foodstuffs, Mexican wrestler art, London suburbia, marital subservience, wry whimsy
Venton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-20, 11:02 AM   #6501
Scratch
If you fail once....
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
I think finding out that someone you've hated for a long time turns out to be not that bad is worse than finding someone you hero-worshipped is a massive cunt. Either way, I don't like change
I kinda feel that way about Gary Neville...urgh!!
__________________
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-20, 11:03 AM   #6502
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
I think finding out that someone you've hated for a long time turns out to be not that bad is worse than finding someone you hero-worshipped is a massive cunt. Either way, I don't like change
yeah good point.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-20, 10:43 AM   #6503
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,893
Swiss ramble on Spurs - interesting to see how COVID is impacting what has been a really good business model but still v dependent on tv money

Irishnev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 11:49 AM   #6504
badpiggy
Paisley
 
badpiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
I think finding out that someone you've hated for a long time turns out to be not that bad is worse than finding someone you hero-worshipped is a massive cunt. Either way, I don't like change
Happens often on this forum
__________________
“The gods that we've made are exactly the gods you'd expect to be made by a species that's about half a chromosome away from being chimpanzee.”
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 02:08 PM   #6505
Deano
Shankly
 
Deano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Swiss ramble on Spurs - interesting to see how COVID is impacting what has been a really good business model but still v dependent on tv money

https://twitter.com/swissramble/stat...16239234682882
Still staggering to see their wage bill so low in comparison to us and Chelsea, still don't understand how we are ahead of Chelsea in the wage bill though
__________________
I make no apologies, this is me
Deano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 02:34 PM   #6506
Mr Pink
Benitez
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
still don't understand how we are ahead of Chelsea in the wage bill

Cos we have more awesome players!

Since lallana and Lovren left, is there anyone who is on big big money at LFC that shouldn’t be? Shaq on big money??
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 03:30 PM   #6507
S-RED
Dalglish
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Still staggering to see their wage bill so low in comparison to us and Chelsea, still don't understand how we are ahead of Chelsea in the wage bill though

Chav's do not count all their players on loan & also, i bet they pay a salary & then an image rights amount to a dodgy off shore account..........
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 05:29 PM   #6508
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Chav's do not count all their players on loan & also, i bet they pay a salary & then an image rights amount to a dodgy off shore account..........
City and Chelsea numbers always need to be taken with a bucket of salt
Irishnev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 08:00 PM   #6509
Tribute
Shankly
 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,732
Tottenham Hotspur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
I think finding out that someone you've hated for a long time turns out to be not that bad is worse than finding someone you hero-worshipped is a massive cunt. Either way, I don't like change

Thankfully Harry Kane will always be a massive cunt in my eyes. Neville is actually quite a decent lad I think, takes himself a bit serious at times but ironically I prefer his commentary and judgement to that of ex-reds of Carragher, Mcmanaman, Owen and Redknapp. Hell, Keane is better than all of them. Scholes is pretty shit though.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 08:43 PM   #6510
Cormack74
Shankly
 
Cormack74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,826
Scholes is generally hopeless but I'm prepared to listen to him when Utd lose and he lays into them
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 12:54 AM   #6511
Scratch
If you fail once....
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Thankfully Harry Kane will always be a massive cunt in my eyes. Neville is actually quite a decent lad I think, takes himself a bit serious at times but ironically I prefer his commentary and judgement to that of ex-reds of Carragher, Mcmanaman, Owen and Redknapp. Hell, Keane is better than all of them. Scholes is pretty shit though.
Owen has grown on me, he's quite insightful when it comes to discussing forwards and their postioning, movement etc and he's improved from his monotone delivery.

Neville I like, Carra I like when he is with Neville, but not when he's a co-commentator.

Keane is just a bitter, angry man, amusing but doesn't offer much in the way of constructiveness.

McManaman is poor, not a fan of him. Loved him as a player tho.

Redknapp should stick to being a side-kick for Corben and Flintoff.

Scholes just sounds so...thick...it's hard to take anything he says seriously.
__________________
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 01:26 AM   #6512
frank the tank
Shankly
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,430
I quite enjoy listening to Souness talk about the game. I used to like Alan Hansen on telly too. I also think Keane is pretty good - like the way he sticks to his opinions.

Lawro is a moaning cunt. Can't stand him on telly.

McManaman actually makes me angry listening to his shite.

When we were on Amazon last year, I watched it with no commentary. Just crowd noise. I had noise cancelling earphones on and the sound pretty high. It was awesome. Will be interesting if they do it for the Spurs game when there will be only 2000 fans.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 05:03 AM   #6513
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34,678
Can you imagine Klopp and Mourinho doing a tactics breakdown segment?

Painters radio stuff that would be!
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 11:29 PM   #6514
Cormack74
Shankly
 
Cormack74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I quite enjoy listening to Souness talk about the game. I used to like Alan Hansen on telly too. I also think Keane is pretty good - like the way he sticks to his opinions.

Lawro is a moaning cunt. Can't stand him on telly.

McManaman actually makes me angry listening to his shite.

When we were on Amazon last year, I watched it with no commentary. Just crowd noise. I had noise cancelling earphones on and the sound pretty high. It was awesome. Will be interesting if they do it for the Spurs game when there will be only 2000 fans.
Hansen superb

Lawro's not everyone's cup of tea (clearly ) but on the occasions he did co-comms and was in full sarcasm mode I used to find him hilarious.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 12:02 AM   #6515
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 130,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Owen has grown on me, he's quite insightful when it comes to discussing forwards and their postioning, movement etc and he's improved from his monotone delivery.

Neville I like, Carra I like when he is with Neville, but not when he's a co-commentator.

Keane is just a bitter, angry man, amusing but doesn't offer much in the way of constructiveness.

McManaman is poor, not a fan of him. Loved him as a player tho.

Redknapp should stick to being a side-kick for Corben and Flintoff.

Scholes just sounds so...thick...it's hard to take anything he says seriously.
Owen is very good, mostly for the reasons you describe. I can't really understand the criticism he gets...it's pretty poisonous sometimes. He gets dog's abuse on Twitter...I feel pretty sorry for him tbh. He's a good pundit.
__________________
Fucking chances, goals
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 01:49 AM   #6516
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Owen is very good, mostly for the reasons you describe. I can't really understand the criticism he gets...it's pretty poisonous sometimes. He gets dog's abuse on Twitter...I feel pretty sorry for him tbh. He's a good pundit.
I like him but I find him a bit droney which is hard to listen to after a while.
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 01:58 AM   #6517
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 22,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
I like him but I find him a bit droney which is hard to listen to after a while.
Owen is much more enthusiastic when speaking about himself.

__________________
Champions of Europe and the World. removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 02:04 AM   #6518
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 24,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Owen is much more enthusiastic when speaking about himself.

__________________
65 points to go!
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 08:00 PM   #6519
Pepe79
Dalglish
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,922
England's Harry Kane at it again and getting a free pass from refs and the media. Some unfortunate has a broken collar bone coming their way.

Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 08:11 PM   #6520
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 22,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
England's Harry Kane at it again and getting a free pass from refs and the media. Some unfortunate has a broken collar bone coming their way.

https://twitter.com/askjaeveland/sta...52844091944961
He is a cunt.
__________________
Champions of Europe and the World. removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > General Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.