It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 15-04-19, 07:25 AM   #3601
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Damian McKenzie out of the WC, he's done his ACL. As much as I hate the ABs, it's a loss to the tournament when players of that quality don't play.
Saw that, even for them itís a big loss given he can play at 10 also
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 10:29 AM   #3602
Nicey
Paisley

Old news but Ireland qualified in Hong Kong for the HSBC World Series Rugby Sevens, The Hong Kong tournament was absolute quality.
Old 15-04-19, 11:33 AM   #3603
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Saw that, even for them itís a big loss given he can play at 10 also
They may miss Sopoaga, probably not but would be a good option.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 03:59 PM   #3604
Cormack74
Shankly

Admittedly I haven't seen him play in Super rugby (at least not that I can recall) but he's been really poor for Wasps: incredibly disappointing given the build up we were sold.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 05:53 PM   #3605
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
Admittedly I haven't seen him play in Super rugby (at least not that I can recall) but he's been really poor for Wasps: incredibly disappointing given the build up we were sold.
Comes across as a pussy. Read his comments about adapting etc. I've lived in both NZ and England and can't say that there's a shocking disparity.

It's strange even from a playing perspective, as stylistically he seems more of Northern Hemisphere styled fly half. He's definitely not from the Dan Carter, Carlos Spencer school of expansive play. Good player though.

I saw Kolbe score a stunning try against Wasps, pretty sure it was Sapoaga that got bumped off in the build up, not that it's something to be embarrassed by, Kolbe is ridiculously explosive despite being a midget.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 06:09 PM   #3606
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Rumours that Aaron Cruden is going to leave Montpellier for Glasgow to be replaced at Montpellier by Handrť Pollard.

Link

Link
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-19, 10:29 AM   #3607
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Jonny Gray posted highest tackle stats in Opta history on Sat v Leinster (Including Pro 14, English Prem and French Top 14) 43 made none missed. Previous highest was 34.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.w...d-16126597.amp

Last edited by Buzzo; 17-04-19 at 10:31 AM.
Old 17-04-19, 05:01 PM   #3608
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Comes across as a pussy. Read his comments about adapting etc. I've lived in both NZ and England and can't say that there's a shocking disparity.

It's strange even from a playing perspective, as stylistically he seems more of Northern Hemisphere styled fly half. He's definitely not from the Dan Carter, Carlos Spencer school of expansive play. Good player though.

I saw Kolbe score a stunning try against Wasps, pretty sure it was Sapoaga that got bumped off in the build up, not that it's something to be embarrassed by, Kolbe is ridiculously explosive despite being a midget.

I can't think of a single positive - not even basic skills. A mate calls him Dropaclanga due to the errors he's made this season. Presumably it's a confidence thing but I suspect he's being paid a pretty significant amount of money and the basic stuff really ought not be something Dai Young should have to worry about.
Old 19-04-19, 06:33 PM   #3609
Cormack74
Shankly

How are you seeing tomorrow Nev?

Whilst Saracens are going to be favourites, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they'll will win especially as they don't have the advantage of a plastic pitch.

Also, not playing at (their actual) home and in a bigger stadium I reckon the support could be 50:50 in terms of numbers.
Old 20-04-19, 05:45 PM   #3610
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
How are you seeing tomorrow Nev?

Whilst Saracens are going to be favourites, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they'll will win especially as they don't have the advantage of a plastic pitch.

Also, not playing at (their actual) home and in a bigger stadium I reckon the support could be 50:50 in terms of numbers.
Watched it - didnít go or anything like that. No Earls or Carbury = nothing in the backline and made a tough game almost impossible.

Saracens are superb, so efficiently ruthless and weíre worthy winners. I thought Garces was SHOCKING. Sarries would still have won with a proper ref but he was bordering on diabolical.
Old 20-04-19, 06:31 PM   #3611
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah I watched the second half. Ref was shit particularly at the breakdown where he didn’t seem interested at all.

Maro Itoje is such a serial offender at the breakdown. Disrupts every ruck.

They’ve pretty much given up on offside in Rugby Union, it’s even more obvious when you are at a game.

Saracens ruthlessly efficient. Hope Toulouse win the whole thing.

Also home crowd looked poor as did venue for such a big semi final.

Last edited by Buzzo; 20-04-19 at 06:35 PM.
Old 20-04-19, 06:57 PM   #3612
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Yeah I watched the second half. Ref was shit particularly at the breakdown where he didnít seem interested at all.

Maro Itoje is such a serial offender at the breakdown. Disrupts every ruck.

Theyíve pretty much given up on offside in Rugby Union, itís even more obvious when you are at a game.

Saracens ruthlessly efficient. Hope Toulouse win the whole thing.

Also home crowd looked poor as did venue for such a big semi final.
He pinged Munster a few times at the breakdown at they were at odds with everything I have seen in the past. I still think Sarries would have won.

Leinster been off this season but I think they'll win but Sarries will beat them handily in the final. They've about 8 test Lions in their team so that's hard to compete with.
Old 20-04-19, 08:04 PM   #3613
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
He pinged Munster a few times at the breakdown at they were at odds with everything I have seen in the past. I still think Sarries would have won.

Leinster been off this season but I think they'll win but Sarries will beat them handily in the final. They've about 8 test Lions in their team so that's hard to compete with.
There was only one team winning it for sure it was classic Saracens. They are the Man City of RU a tough team to enjoy. Munster looked fucked final 10-15.

Watch how often Maro impedes the opposition scrum half at the break down and gets away with it.

Good that the Munstermen and women gave Billy V the bird.
Old 20-04-19, 08:26 PM   #3614
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
There was only one team winning it for sure it was classic Saracens. They are the Man City of RU a tough team to enjoy. Munster looked fucked final 10-15.

Watch how often Maro impedes the opposition scrum half at the break down and gets away with it.

Good that the Munstermen and women gave Billy V the bird.
No Earls or Carbury took away what little we have behind the scrum. I think semi final is the capacity of this side, great heart, strong pack but missing class in the backs.

We need to sign a top class full back or centre....no idea who.
Old 21-04-19, 09:26 AM   #3615
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
No Earls or Carbury took away what little we have behind the scrum. I think semi final is the capacity of this side, great heart, strong pack but missing class in the backs.

We need to sign a top class full back or centre....no idea who.

This was the crux for me. Munster competed brilliantly but at no point could I actually see them scoring a try - it was something of a shock when they did.
Old 21-04-19, 07:31 PM   #3616
Irishnev
Shankly

So we have the ‘dream’ final - still think Sarries will win
Old 23-04-19, 08:14 AM   #3617
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I’m not inspired by a Leinster v Saracens final at all.

Best two teams though.
Old 25-04-19, 09:59 PM   #3618
Cormack74
Shankly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48056985

"Mistakenly" liked a post he never read Vunipola should have used that line

Ireland international Bundee Aki has apologised for 'liking' an anti-gay social media post by Israel Folau.

Connacht centre Aki says he liked the comment by Folau without realising the substance of the post.

Folau has appealed against his sacking by Rugby Australia after saying "hell awaits" gay people on social media.

"I've family members, friends, and I've worked with many people who are gay and I have nothing but love and respect for everyone of them," said Aki.

"I do want to apologise for any confusion or offence this may have caused anyone and I will pay more attention to what I 'like' in future."
Old 26-04-19, 07:07 PM   #3619
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

They’ll nearly be able to get a homophobe 15 together at this rate.

Some of the about turns are ridiculous.
Old 26-04-19, 07:46 PM   #3620
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

RaphaŽl IbaŮez to manage the French after the WC with Fabien Galthie as Head Coach. Some chat that Shaun Edwards will join them.
Old 28-04-19, 02:27 PM   #3621
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Glasgow crushes Edinburgh yesterday. Edinburgh missed out even on Champions Cup playoff so ultimately a really disappointing season.

Glasgow are playing very well. I wouldn’t rule them out for the Pro14 title.
Old 29-04-19, 08:45 PM   #3622
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
RaphaŽl IbaŮez to manage the French after the WC with Fabien Galthie as Head Coach. Some chat that Shaun Edwards will join them.

They could do a lot worse TBH.

Although there also seem to be some mutterings about Gatland taking over from Eddie J, in which case I've no doubt Edwards would go with him.
Old 04-05-19, 05:03 PM   #3623
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Munster squeak through against Benetton with 2 late pens.
Old 04-05-19, 06:10 PM   #3624
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Munster squeak through against Benetton with 2 late pens.
Yep, played poorly but won. Leinster away next so that will be that
Old 04-05-19, 06:46 PM   #3625
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Yep, played poorly but won. Leinster away next so that will be that

Fuck them. How does it fit in with Leinsters Euro Final? The fixtures are a shambles end of season.
Old 04-05-19, 07:15 PM   #3626
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:

Fuck them. How does it fit in with Leinsters Euro Final? The fixtures are a shambles end of season.
Pro14 semis after the Champions Cup final which is next weekend right?
Old 07-05-19, 12:29 AM   #3627
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Pro14 semis after the Champions Cup final which is next weekend right?

Glasgow won’t have had a game for 3 weeks. Seems bizarre how they structure it, the tournament loses a bit of momentum.
Old 07-05-19, 01:36 PM   #3628
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Scotland Training squad for WC announced featuring long forgotten Duncan Taylor

It is a strong squad so for perhaps the first time in many years some very good players are destined to miss out on selection. Some real competition for places pretty much everywhere except the front row.
Old 07-05-19, 02:53 PM   #3629
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Looks like it could be the last Rugby Union sees of Israel Folau.

Quote:
Israel Folau has been found guilty of a "high level breach" of Rugby Australia's player code of conduct after he said "hell awaits" gay people in a social media post.

A three-person panel who presided over his hearing will now consider what punishment the 30-year-old will face.

His RA contract was terminated in April but he requested a hearing.

The Waratahs full-back, contracted with RA until 2022, escaped punishment for similar comments last year.

The panel will take written submissions from both parties before deciding Folau's sanction.

Folau - who has won 73 caps and was expected to play at this year's World Cup in Japan - gave evidence on Saturday, with RA chief executive Raelene Castle and Waratahs chief executive Andrew Hore also appearing before the panel.

Wallabies coach Michael Cheika has said Folau is unlikely to be selected for Australia again.

In addition to his rugby union career, Folau has also played professional rugby league and Australian rules football.

In April, Australian rugby league's governing body ruled out Folau returning to the NRL.
Old 10-05-19, 09:38 PM   #3630
Cormack74
Shankly

So Leinster / Saracens tomorrow lads, who's going to win?

IMO Sarries to sneak it but the game will be won on such small margins that it could just as easily be Leinster taking home the trophy.

Really looking forward to it partly to take my mind off the really important stuff on Sunday
Old 10-05-19, 09:53 PM   #3631
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah - really tight one to call. I on the other hand fancy Leinster. I think Leinster have more to offer. Going to be a war though.

Just watched the Clermont v La Rochelle game. Clermont won at a canter.
Old 11-05-19, 05:33 PM   #3632
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Pretty dull first 30, but maybe finally a try?

EDIT: nope.

Yellow for Saracens for persistent fouling.
Old 11-05-19, 05:39 PM   #3633
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Try.

10-0 Leinster. I think they’ve got this.
Old 11-05-19, 05:50 PM   #3634
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Wow. Great comeback from Saracens.

10-10

Last 10 of first half amazing after 30 dull minutes.
Old 11-05-19, 06:55 PM   #3635
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Saracens win 20-10. They are such a powerful team.

Other than the last ten of the first half it was up the jumper Rugby. Not my cup of tea.
Old 11-05-19, 07:20 PM   #3636
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Try.

10-0 Leinster. I think theyíve got this.

You went too early mate

I'm not a Saracens fan but they're like a machine.

Last time round playing a Premiership semi the following week was too much for them and they didn't make the final but this time they can rest players as the semi's aren't for a couple of weeks and they've already secured home advantage.

I've already got tickets for the final and I sense I'll be watching them pick up another trophy.
Old 11-05-19, 07:25 PM   #3637
Cormack74
Shankly

Incidentally whilst I don't much care for Sarries I don't much care for Johnny S either who comes across as a whinging prima donna most of the time so I didn't have any problems seeing him lose.

If he played football he'd definitely be playing for RM, PSG or Barca.
Old 11-05-19, 08:11 PM   #3638
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
You went too early mate

I'm not a Saracens fan but they're like a machine.

Last time round playing a Premiership semi the following week was too much for them and they didn't make the final but this time they can rest players as the semi's aren't for a couple of weeks and they've already secured home advantage.

I've already got tickets for the final and I sense I'll be watching them pick up another trophy.
Quote:
Incidentally whilst I don't much care for Sarries I don't much care for Johnny S either who comes across as a whinging prima donna most of the time so I didn't have any problems seeing him lose.

If he played football he'd definitely be playing for RM, PSG or Barca.
Canít argue with any of that.

Totally agree on Sexton btw him or Farrell though .... tough guys to love for any neutral.
Old 11-05-19, 09:19 PM   #3639
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Canít argue with any of that.

Totally agree on Sexton btw him or Farrell though .... tough guys to love for any neutral.
Am away in Vienna with the family so did t see this but the score is what I expected.

Re Sexton - a dick in a blue jersey, ok in a green jersey unless we are losing when he becomes a dick again
Old 13-05-19, 09:51 AM   #3640
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

We might miss his talent but he can fuck off with his POV.

Quote:
Sacked Australian full-back Israel Folau says he resisted opportunities to make his situation "a little bit easier" and return to playing because it would be doing "Satan's" work.

Folau was found guilty of breaching Rugby Australia's (RA) player code of conduct after he said "hell awaits" gay people in a social media post .

The 30-year-old had his four-year RA contract terminated in April.

Folau was speaking to his church congregation in Sydney on Sunday.

"There have been many opportunities to potentially make the situation a little bit easier," said the fundamentalist Christian.

"I could go back and play the game, get everything back to the way it used to be.

"The way Satan works is he offers you stuff that could look good to the eye and makes you feel comfortable, and if you go down that path all the worries and troubles will go away.

"It is always the will of God that comes first."

est1892 > General > General Sports