It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 31-08-08, 03:53 PM   #1
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Amir Khan

I see he is now fighting on sky box office. How can they justify charging people 15 to see him fight as he is no where near world class or fighting for a world title?

Shocking if you ask me. Same goes for the WWE how the fuck can they charge for that shit?
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 31-08-08, 06:20 PM   #2
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

It's fucking sickening, sky are already giving it the "Prescott is a huge puncher" "unbeaten" bla bla bla when lets be honest Frank Warren will have had him checked out enough to know he poses no threat, he's not stupid, this kids record is padded with wins against boxers who have never even won!!! Khan is not even proven as the best in Britain yet due to avoiding other fighters and yet here we are with him on pay per view fighting a nobody, incredible.

I genuinely cant believe it, it doesnt surprise me though because there are complete mugs out there who will actually pay for this stuff. And the same people will still be paying in 5 years time as he defends whatever title he's got against someone who come last in a reality tv show or something.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-08, 06:28 PM   #3
Joe King
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's fucking sickening, sky are already giving it the "Prescott is a huge puncher" "unbeaten" bla bla bla when lets be honest Frank Warren will have had him checked out enough to know he poses no threat, he's not stupid, this kids record is padded with wins against boxers who have never even won!!! Khan is not even proven as the best in Britain yet due to avoiding other fighters and yet here we are with him on pay per view fighting a nobody, incredible.

I genuinely cant believe it, it doesnt surprise me though because there are complete mugs out there who will actually pay for this stuff. And the same people will still be paying in 5 years time as he defends whatever title he's got against someone who come last in a reality tv show or something.
I think you gotta say that applies to all of Fwank Warren's clients. I just hope what happened to Macaranelli doesn't happen to Khan as Khan is so much more talented.
Joe King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-08, 06:48 PM   #4
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Tover View Post
I just hope what happened to Macaranelli doesn't happen to Khan as Khan is so much more talented.
I was wondering about that the other day, Khan is already desperate for a world title now how much longer is he going to wait before he demands one? Then if Warren caves in as he doesnt want to piss off his future meal ticket Khan will end up getting schooled by one of the champs then what?

I agree with Warren that Khan isnt ready (He cant even clinch properly yet ffs) but he also should be stepping it up, he should of taken care of the domestic scene now and now be moving on towards a fight with people like Romanov. He's done nothing of the sort and is still fighting no marks or people out of their weight class (or both).
Old 31-08-08, 07:02 PM   #5
felly
Benitez

Its shocking that a fight of this kind is PPV. There is no way id think about buying it.
Old 07-09-08, 01:47 AM   #6
Helios Creed
Est's Streaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Sack Warren!

Last edited by Helios Creed; 07-09-08 at 01:50 AM.
Helios Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 02:08 AM   #7
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Creed View Post
Sack Warren!
He should of done but didnt! It'll be interesting to see how this fella does now, was he the lucky one who finished what Gomez and Limond couldnt or is he actually good himself. Warren blamed most of it on Rubio, saying he recommended Prescott. A bizarre story.
Old 31-08-08, 07:11 PM   #8
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

The last fight i paid for was Lewis V hollyfield II. Sky PPV Boxing is the biggest scam going in world sport. Pay 15 to see smeone knocked out in the first minute. We can all thank Don king for this shit. I use to love Boxing when i was younger but sadly cannot aford and won't pay to watch it on sky. The last free world title fight i saw was when Lewis got beat by than yank in SA.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 12:03 AM   #9
Joe King
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooltj View Post
The last fight i paid for was Lewis V hollyfield II. Sky PPV Boxing is the biggest scam going in world sport. Pay 15 to see smeone knocked out in the first minute. We can all thank Don king for this shit. I use to love Boxing when i was younger but sadly cannot aford and won't pay to watch it on sky. The last free world title fight i saw was when Lewis got beat by than yank in SA.
Thats heavyweight boxing mate. Its all about the power punches.
Old 31-08-08, 07:13 PM   #10
-V-
Paisley

I don't know a single person who is going to bother paying for this fight. Plenty of people i know have followed every fight of his to day but they won't be paying for this. I don't blame Khan for going to Sky at all, so would any one of us and he's got nothing to lose because he will get even more media coverage now.

His opponent will be very dangerous though, i think he is in for a real battle. For the columbian lad, this is the biggest day of his life, his career maker. He's been brought up in poverty and you just have to look at the state of his gym and his poor surroundings to imagine how hard he will battle and what this fight means to him. Chance of a lifetime. Khan better be ready
-V- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 10:01 AM   #11
Imy
Jalebi Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by -V- View Post
I don't know a single person who is going to bother paying for this fight. Plenty of people i know have followed every fight of his to day but they won't be paying for this. I don't blame Khan for going to Sky at all, so would any one of us and he's got nothing to lose because he will get even more media coverage now.

His opponent will be very dangerous though, i think he is in for a real battle. For the columbian lad, this is the biggest day of his life, his career maker. He's been brought up in poverty and you just have to look at the state of his gym and his poor surroundings to imagine how hard he will battle and what this fight means to him. Chance of a lifetime. Khan better be ready
Its Warren that gone to Sky and negotiated the Box Office farce, if i can i'll watch a stream or download the fight the next day.
Old 01-09-08, 12:07 AM   #12
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
I see he is now fighting on sky box office. How can they justify charging people 15 to see him fight as he is no where near world class or fighting for a world title?

Quote:
Shocking if you ask me. Same goes for the WWE how the fuck can they charge for that shit?
Ask Ben Tover and Milky
Old 01-09-08, 12:15 AM   #13
Joe King
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by looprevil View Post
Ask Ben Tover and Milky
Hey man I don't buy that shit. Milky has dodgy cable and I just read the results. Don't buy it
Old 01-09-08, 02:03 AM   #14
Darth Marty
Quite Contrary

I agree with you V, I have followed his career to date as have loads of lads i know but not a single one will bother buying this. I reckon Sky have fucked this up beyond all belief, whats the odds that his next fight will be just a Sky Sports exclusive?!

All ppv boxing is fucking too expensive, reckon in this time of cutting back they will have to have a re-think on their whole ppv policy.
Darth Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 10:18 AM   #15
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I'd love to see the numbers of people who pay for this shit. I certainly won't be. Surely it'll be the lowest audience for a PPV ever.
Old 01-09-08, 12:17 PM   #16
kemm1
Dalglish

Stupid move by Khan and Warren of course, they will get abpit 10000 buys max IMO. Anyway, as I've always said Amir needs to get rid of Warren or he'll be just end up being another mediocre British fighter managed by Fwank Wanker Warren.
kemm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 12:31 PM   #17
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemm1 View Post
Stupid move by Khan and Warren of course, they will get abpit 10000 buys max IMO. Anyway, as I've always said Amir needs to get rid of Warren or he'll be just end up being another mediocre British fighter managed by Fwank Wanker Warren.
Warren cannot do anything about his glass chin but protect his cash cow for as long as possible, so in that respect the selected opponents are understandable.

A World Title seems miles away, and it would be an incredible achievement for Amir and for Warren LOL!
Old 01-09-08, 03:00 PM   #18
kemm1
Dalglish

Quote:
Warren cannot do anything about his glass chin but protect his cash cow for as long as possible, so in that respect the selected opponents are understandable.

A World Title seems miles away, and it would be an incredible achievement for Amir and for Warren LOL!
Yes, but Khan can get a coach and management team that can help to develop his talent and work in his weaknesses. Anyone can get floored if they hang their chin out like Khan does, his defense is awful and his ring generalship is still a bit amateurish.
Old 01-09-08, 03:02 PM   #19
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemm1 View Post
Yes, but Khan can get a coach and management team that can help to develop his talent and work in his weaknesses. Anyone can get floored if they hang their chin out like Khan does, his defense is awful and his ring generalship is still a bit amateurish.
Yes, and that is why he has this new Cuban trainer - lets see if he makes a difference.
Old 01-09-08, 03:05 PM   #20
kemm1
Dalglish

Quote:
Yes, and that is why he has this new Cuban trainer - lets see if he makes a difference.

I hope it works out for him because he is extremely talented. Quick, good height, power in both hands, plus he HAS lots of heart.
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 01-09-08, 01:19 PM   #21
NicoBernetini
Respect Your Elders

Hes not even english

Stand up David Price
NicoBernetini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 01:52 PM   #22
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoBernetini View Post
Hes not even english

Old 01-09-08, 01:55 PM   #23
Imy
Jalebi Cook

Quote:
Hes not even english

Stand up David Price
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso View Post

David Price the guy that got hammered by that stumpy looking Italian fella
Old 01-09-08, 02:00 PM   #24
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Hes not even english

Stand up David Price
Old 01-09-08, 03:04 PM   #25
kemm1
Dalglish

Quote:
Hes not even english
Quote:
No i just hate him and everything he stands for.

Are you sure Nico is not a subsitute for another Nick?

Old 01-09-08, 01:55 PM   #26
Parm
Skipinder

Quote:

another one to sell his soul to sky.

"Who's your Daddy now?"

LFC Champions one season someday
Jurgen Klopp is just boss
Semi retired poster
twitter: @parmsahota
insta:@parm78
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 02:03 PM   #27
NicoBernetini
Respect Your Elders

Would make my year if Khan got caught on drugs.

Put him up against the big boys in the next weight up see how well he does then.
Old 01-09-08, 02:06 PM   #28
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:

Put him up against the big boys in the next weight up see how well he does then.
Mate, are you on something?
Old 01-09-08, 03:05 PM   #29
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 02:08 PM   #30
NicoBernetini
Respect Your Elders

Everyone thinks hes this wonder kid, in the lower weight, 4lbs is nothing really, get him up to the next weight, against the big boys
Old 01-09-08, 02:12 PM   #31
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:

Everyone thinks hes this wonder kid, in the lower weight, 4lbs is nothing really, get him up to the next weight, against the big boys
What does he stand for? I don't understand.

As for his weight category, why should he step up into a category he would be weaker in? Surely it is better for him to fight in a weight category where he is most effective.

I am just trying to understand why you hate the guy.
Old 01-09-08, 03:28 PM   #32
NicoBernetini
Respect Your Elders

damn you got me,

I am an active member of BNP
Old 01-09-08, 07:37 PM   #33
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:

I for one will not be paying for that. I hope this premature box office hit is a total flop. what ever happened to paying back loyal followers.

"Sorry, boss, I should have kept my legs together," said Lawrence. "No, Tommy, your mother should have kept her legs together!," replied Shankly.

* After Tommy Lawrence had let in a fluke goal between his legs
bazza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 09:10 PM   #34
Parm
Skipinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza76 View Post
I for one will not be paying for that. I hope this premature box office hit is a total flop. what ever happened to paying back loyal followers.

as good as he is, I think he maybe taking in his own hype

"Who's your Daddy now?"

Semi retired poster
Old 01-09-08, 09:45 PM   #35
bazza76
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

as good as he is, I think he maybe taking in his own hype
100% agree mate.
He already thinks he is the best in the world. He has to realise he has a lot of work to do first, or he will fall flat on his face. Literally.
I don't mind fighters being confident, but, they also must be humble and not get ahead of themselves.

"Sorry, boss, I should have kept my legs together," said Lawrence. "No, Tommy, your mother should have kept her legs together!," replied Shankly.

* After Tommy Lawrence had let in a fluke goal between his legs
bazza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 09:53 PM   #36
Parm
Skipinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza76 View Post
100% agree mate.
He already thinks he is the best in the world. He has to realise he has a lot of work to do first, or he will fall flat on his face. Literally.
I don't mind fighters being confident, but, they also must be humble and not get ahead of themselves.
yup all this talk of title challenges is far too premature, he was knocked in his last (or the one before that) and that wasnt by anyone who was ever going to be remembered as a great.

"Who's your Daddy now?"

Semi retired poster
Old 01-09-08, 08:39 PM   #37
machiavelli
Houllier

I wont be paying for it and dont know of any1 who will??? I hope it bombs.
Old 06-09-08, 03:22 PM   #38
donpisci
Benitez

Anybody know what time he's due to be on tonight?

Going to try and catch the fight on a stream and I can't be bothered with the undercard!
donpisci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-08, 10:26 PM   #39
livvy145
Resident Scouser & smiley lover

http://www.justin.tv/eminem152ndpage
Old 06-09-08, 10:30 PM   #40
Mike
Hip Flask Hater

Nice one Livvy
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > General Sports