It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 10-06-19, 05:07 AM   #1921
Nicey
Paisley

What a bullshit decision, Ferguson should have been disqualified, he clearly hit him in the nose after the bell, you cant blame Cowboy for blowing his nose its reactionary, total bullsit decision.

I respect Ferguson as a fighter he is awesome, the cunty force has always been strong in him, he knew what he was doing
Old 10-06-19, 05:11 AM   #1922
Nicey
Paisley

Just watching the post-interview, he is such a low rent prick, but run that fight again and Cowboy gets hurt again
Old 10-06-19, 07:32 PM   #1923
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicey View Post
What a bullshit decision, Ferguson should have been disqualified, he clearly hit him in the nose after the bell, you cant blame Cowboy for blowing his nose its reactionary, total bullsit decision.

I respect Ferguson as a fighter he is awesome, the cunty force has always been strong in him, he knew what he was doing
Yeah can't blame Cowboy for blowing his nose, heat of the battle.

Tony certainly has form for the sly and illegal attacks.

I thought they maybe should have called a draw, both fighters went at it and deserved something, buy yeah, Tony wins a re-run, unless Cowboy does something incredible and ko's him out of nowhere, which is possible but very unlikely.

I really want to see Tony v Khabib, styles make fights.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 02:57 PM   #1924
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
Yeah can't blame Cowboy for blowing his nose, heat of the battle.

Tony certainly has form for the sly and illegal attacks.

I thought they maybe should have called a draw, both fighters went at it and deserved something, buy yeah, Tony wins a re-run, unless Cowboy does something incredible and ko's him out of nowhere, which is possible but very unlikely.

I really want to see Tony v Khabib, styles make fights.

Khabib would maul him like a bear. That was my first UFC for a very long time, its amazing how much out of love with the sport I used to be obsessed with. Its a shame they had something pure and beautiful and now its just another douchebag boxing style feast.

That said the fight with the Bulgarian dude was awesome ... fuck me there goes two hard as fuck cunts, tank like men, trained, exchanging hammer blows, unfuckingbeleiable
Old 11-06-19, 03:28 PM   #1925
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:

Khabib would maul him like a bear. That was my first UFC for a very long time, its amazing how much out of love with the sport I used to be obsessed with. Its a shame they had something pure and beautiful and now its just another douchebag boxing style feast.

That said the fight with the Bulgarian dude was awesome ... fuck me there goes two hard as fuck cunts, tank like men, trained, exchanging hammer blows, unfuckingbeleiable
You just gotta look past the bullshit.

Best fight i've seen in a long time was the Max Holloway v Ortega bout, just epic Max. Shame he lost to Poirier, think a few wars just caught up with him that night, he was still immense tho. But the Ortega fight was something else, both men trading and landing throughout.
Old 11-06-19, 03:56 PM   #1926
fidget
Shankly

Quote:

Best fight i've seen in a long time was the Max Holloway v Ortega bout, just epic Max. Shame he lost to Poirier, think a few wars just caught up with him that night, he was still immense tho. But the Ortega fight was something else, both men trading and landing throughout.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 05:08 PM   #1927
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:

I'll check it out .... Yeah I think I start getting back into it .. the Whole Conor McGregor thing just turned me right off the sport .. the longer he stays away the better
Old 15-06-19, 05:04 AM   #1928
Nicey
Paisley

Tony Ferguson ...........He's Skinny .........LMAO

This man for me is the best MMA fighter ever. Not the most exciting but in terms of total dominance for me he is it.
Old 15-06-19, 12:13 PM   #1929
Vermilion
Shooterista

Absolutely. His record speaks for itself.

But the sport needs the odd villain too imo, there has to be fighters people really want to see get beat. ( kept within the boundaries of the sport itself though, and the fighters involved, not their family or religion for example. )

Last edited by Vermilion; 15-06-19 at 12:19 PM.
Old 17-06-19, 11:35 PM   #1930
fabinho
Evans

I've always had an interest in MMA, I used to rent the first Ultimate Fighting Championships from the local video store...

How the hell have I never heard of this guy before?

fabinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 04:46 AM   #1931
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
I've always had an interest in MMA, I used to rent the first Ultimate Fighting Championships from the local video store...

How the hell have I never heard of this guy before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNlQQ-SX3X4
A true legend, the only issue is all Japanese fights are fixed
Old 18-06-19, 09:58 AM   #1932
fabinho
Evans

Quote:
A true legend, the only issue is all Japanese fights are fixed
Really? I thought that sort of thing would have been below the Gracie clan?

I haven't watched a lot of the japanese stuff to be honest, I've seen the odd Pride fight but not a great deal.
Old 24-06-19, 05:01 PM   #1933
Vermilion
Shooterista

Bare knuckle seems to be catching on then, i see Paulie Malignaggi lost to Artem Lobov recently.

Anyway, this tickled me, the refs reaction to a sly dig..

Old 24-06-19, 11:45 PM   #1934
fabinho
Evans

Quote:
Bare knuckle seems to be catching on then, i see Paulie Malignaggi lost to Artem Lobov recently.

Anyway, this tickled me, the refs reaction to a sly dig..

DOM CLARK VS ASHLEY GIBSON PRO BARE KNUCKLE BOXING BKB15 O2 ARENA *EXCLUSIVE* - YouTube
The ref's reaction was diabolical, showing off for the crowd probably. He's in the wrong job.
Old 25-06-19, 07:09 AM   #1935
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Really? I thought that sort of thing would have been below the Gracie clan?

I haven't watched a lot of the japanese stuff to be honest, I've seen the odd Pride fight but not a great deal.
I am talking about the big Pride Fights, Yakuza ran the whoe thing, that's one of the reasons the UFC has never really broke that market
Old 25-06-19, 07:17 AM   #1936
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
The ref's reaction was diabolical, showing off for the crowd probably. He's in the wrong job.
Not sure, perhaps he was a little heavy putting him to the matt like that, but the fighter was acting completely illegally and could seriously damage the other fighter, I thought he controlled the fighter very well that throw down aside
Old 25-06-19, 10:50 AM   #1937
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Not sure, perhaps he was a little heavy putting him to the matt like that, but the fighter was acting completely illegally and could seriously damage the other fighter, I thought he controlled the fighter very well that throw down aside
The ref was a total fanny

He should have disqualified the guy who was punching a downed opponent. End of.
Old 26-06-19, 05:59 PM   #1938
fabinho
Evans

Quote:
That was it though, all he had to do was push him backwards, yet he decided to throw him to the ground

He's a nutter, a bully type, probably been waiting to do that for ages just to prove how hard he is. I bet he wouldn't try that shit on Ngannou after one of his late hammer fists to a knocked out opponent!
Old 05-07-19, 08:25 PM   #1939
Vermilion
Shooterista

Looking forward to tonights card.
Old 07-07-19, 06:08 AM   #1940
RichC
Meh

Ben Askren, 5 seconds.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-19, 10:26 AM   #1941
fidget
Shankly

Should have been 2 lol

Last edited by fidget; 07-07-19 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-07-19, 04:58 PM   #1942
Nicey
Paisley

That was horrific .... he said he was going to try to kill him, he wasn't lying, watch the main card, first one in a long time, excellent fights right through
Old 08-07-19, 01:55 AM   #1943
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

My son successfully graded his black belt in Nexus MMA this weekend

Old 15-08-19, 12:03 PM   #1944
Alex
Administrator

This bloke is a cunt. Literally nothing more too it.
Old 15-08-19, 12:33 PM   #1945
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Lottery win for that old guy though.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-19, 01:53 PM   #1946
badpiggy
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
https://twitter.com/threesixtytv/sta...27118059687936

This bloke is a cunt. Literally nothing more too it.
He's a fuckin toerag. A national embarrassment.
Old 15-08-19, 01:55 PM   #1947
badpiggy
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Lottery win for that old guy though.
I hope so
Old 15-08-19, 04:45 PM   #1948
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
My son successfully graded his black belt in Nexus MMA this weekend

Respect .... Ossss!
Old 15-08-19, 04:48 PM   #1949
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
He's a fuckin toerag. A national embarrassment.
Yep, hes a fucking tramp. He made me stop watching MMA all together ... I am only now slowly getting back into it.

Anybody who supports this guy after seeing this is a total geebag ...

I have not said that word for over 30 years
Old 18-08-19, 09:10 AM   #1950
fidget
Shankly

Stipe wins his title back.
I wonder if Jones fancies moving up now and having a go.
Old 22-08-19, 02:26 PM   #1951
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
Stipe wins his title back.
I wonder if Jones fancies moving up now and having a go.
Pretty sure Jones would clean his clock without breaking a sweat. Jorge Masvidal V Diaz is the fight I think everybody wants to see now. The build up to that will be carnage

I'd be surprised if we see McGregor in the Octogan again, its very hard for him to spin sucker punching an Aul Fella in a gob because he refused drink.

I think Irish fans will put up with a lot and they have but there is just no way to come away from that other than looking like a gobshite. Perhaps if he comes out and says he has a drinking problem and he is in 12 steps but this one of many cunty moves he has come out with lately.

For me personally, when he made comment about his last opponents wifes hijab was a step to far, I cant support that.
Old 22-08-19, 03:00 PM   #1952
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Pretty sure Jones would clean his clock without breaking a sweat. Jorge Masvidal V Diaz is the fight I think everybody wants to see now. The build up to that will be carnage

I'd be surprised if we see McGregor in the Octogan again, its very hard for him to spin sucker punching an Aul Fella in a gob because he refused drink.

I think Irish fans will put up with a lot and they have but there is just no way to come away from that other than looking like a gobshite. Perhaps if he comes out and says he has a drinking problem and he is in 12 steps but this one of many cunty moves he has come out with lately.

For me personally, when he made comment about his last opponents wifes hijab was a step to far, I cant support that.
.....but you've no issues with Jon Jones?

Jones is just as big a cunt as McGregor.

Least McGregor hasn't been popped for roids.
Old 22-08-19, 06:27 PM   #1953
fidget
Shankly

Nobody in MMA is as big a cunt as McGregor.
Old 24-08-19, 02:52 AM   #1954
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
.....but you've no issues with Jon Jones?

Jones is just as big a cunt as McGregor.

Least McGregor hasn't been popped for roids.
I have problems with Jones, I have problems with the sport. My girls have played full-contact rugby, train BJJ, I trained Muay Thai and Krav Maga. All of these things have to respect heavily ingrained into their respective communities, they lack ego because anybody who has ever done something that is very hard, instantly respects their opponent because they know they have also gone through it, they have instant legitimacy.

When you walk into a real, martial arts gym, usually they have some of the toughest, yet nicest people you will ever meet. Guys who can clean your clock effortlessly, but would never in a million years do, because paradoxically, trained individuals are some of the least violent around, they know the real and potential cost of violence.

I followed UFC and then additional combat sports religiously for a long time. I never missed a single fight, I could tell you who the coaching staff for most gyms was. At one stage I was number 1 on the UFC fantasy league in Asia Pacific. I knew the sport inside out. Early doors what really took me to it, was its complete lack of bullshit and bluster. Old school guys, respectful, hard, tough and many times very intelligent. My kind of people. Even the Promoter, Dana White, back in the early days he was a breath of Fresh Air. He called it as he saw it, he put on fights fans, other fighters wanted to see. There was very little bullshit in the sport.

Then along came Chael Sonon, a fighter with very basic to no stand-up skills whatsoever, limited ground game, very good wrestling but world-class shit talk.

He talked his way into title shots. He took the WWF and put it into the UFC and people loved it, me included. It was fun, we wanted to see him get his ass kicked. But he didn't, he bored us all with his lay and pray tactics, each time ratcheting up his shit talk. He laid the blueprint for Conor McGregor.

Around about that time, Fox got into bed with the UFC. Suddenly the colour commenters went from wearing T-shirts to Suits. NFL style stat breakdowns came in and with the Uniforms, a lot of the Fightclub feel to the sport when out the window. UFC was mainstream, it was a big business and if you knew what Dana Whites masterplan was, it was not surprising.

Then came McGregor and he basically took what Chael Sonnen did, and turned up the volume 1000 times. An Irish guy with the gift of the gab, a working-class guy with working-class aggression and he could actually fight. Brilliant! But in reality much like Chael Sonnen laid the groundwork for him, he laid the groundwork for the entire sport. Fighters immediately tried to copy him, the amount of shit talk went through the roof. Suddenly everyone had problems with everyone. Fighters who were not cunts, acted like ones just to get better Pay per views. The UFC had become Boxing which is ironic because Dana White started out as a Boxing Promoter and left for the very reason. I don’t like the UFC now.

Ultimately, it’s the fight game, these are professional fighters. Chaos is baked into the cake, but for the purest, the golden age of MMA has come and gone. As for juicing, all professional sports juice, every single one of them, including footballers, if you think otherwise you are naive in the extreme.

I am just watching McGregor now on ESPN. He is so good in front of the camera I don’t think we will ever see a time when he is not in front of it. I was wrong, people will forget about this latest incident. If it was not the fact that Irish politics is such a tiny dog and pony show, he would run for office.

I am slowly getting back into MMA. I believe One FC is very much how the UFC used to be. I think I will work my way through the back catalogue of ONE promotion. A long shot, if any of you are connected to any Active Female MMA fighters if you can drop me a dm, I am trying to help a friend get into the sport at the moment.

Old 24-08-19, 10:12 AM   #1955
Assassin
Kloppite

Top top post Nicey
Old 25-08-19, 04:18 PM   #1956
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Have to agree, brilliant post! And I don't really follow the ins and outs of UFC. But Brian's the best! Hadn't known you were so deep in it!
sean_lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 06:59 AM   #1957
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_lfc View Post
Have to agree, brilliant post! And I don't really follow the ins and outs of UFC. But Brian's the best! Hadn't known you were so deep in it!

Just getting back into it, Khabib is going to destroy Dustin, he'll get taken down within a minute and then just get maul him. Dustins only chance is if he hits him with the most beautiful left hook that badass's chin has ever seen, he needs to evoke the spirit of the hulk and try and launch his face out of the stadium, I like Dustins boxing and I thnk Khabib will be warey of it.

Dustins footwork needs to be on point it hes to have any chance in this fight.
Old 02-09-19, 05:38 PM   #1958
Frenchie
Dalglish

Hey Nicey I read somewhere you did Krav Maga and MMA, have you ever fought in a cage?

I dabbled when I worked in the City of London. Fought at the Thomas A Beckett Pub..mostly against travellers for wagers..fun times....
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 06:55 AM   #1959
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Hey Nicey I read somewhere you did Krav Maga and MMA, have you ever fought in a cage?

I dabbled when I worked in the City of London. Fought at the Thomas A Beckett Pub..mostly against travellers for wagers..fun times....

Lol brilliant !! a super aggressive trader .. Breaking the mould, hey JP .... call me mystic meg but did you also take Columbian multivitamins in those days and polish your shoes

Yeah no I never made it into any kind of cage, had a bad injury just as I was really getting into it. Ruptured a disc in my neck and compressed a bunch of them, was full contact sparring, and I think this is when I did it, big solid Korean bloke who I was lighting up, grabbed my neck and pulled guard. I did not know any BJJ and stupidly fought it rather than dropping down to the ground with him, and I think it just jacked my neck. The next day I could not feel my entire righthand side, ended up in a wheelchair for a week and 1 year in rehab and mega painkillers. Doctors told me not to spare again, because the injury was very high up.

I started doing Krav to test myself to see if I could handle it also I was a first time father and just wanted to actually be able to handle myself rather than thinking I could. I went to as hardcore of a gym and trainer as you are going to find outside of the IDF in Israel. I loved it, loved the comrade, loved the grading, they were fucking brutal. 3 hour puke up feasts finished off with 100 press ups.

Loved being around good blokes. I think if I had been born into different circumstances I would have enjoyed taking a different path. My buddy is a retired Army guy, played Rugby for London Irish, just different types of human beings. Whilst training I kept coming into contact with some really world class boxing coaches, bjj coaches, active fighters etc and I am just blown away at how decent and how thoughtful they are, the exact opposite of what you would think.

I am carefully lifting weights with my neck at the moment because I really want to take up BJJ and practice Yoga
But answer your original question no, I have never stepped into a cage, I think in my next life I would love to explore that side of the world. The only thing that most people don’t appreciate, those fighters and a lot of sports professionals in general are jacked up to fuck, all the time. On the outside they look great but behind that healthy glow, are torn rotator cuffs, scar tissue on top of scar tissue, constant pain and fuck me the amount of back injuries in full-blooded martial arts is scary.

If you loved having fistfights with gypsies you are one hard mother fucker. I think you would like Krav also. They glove you up, put some pads on, stick you in the centre of the room and 4 or 5 guys try and fill you in …. Twice a week for 6 hours, it's fucking brilliant

The above show, was what first got me into Krav
Old 03-09-19, 09:44 AM   #1960
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Respect .... Ossss!
Thank you

est1892 > General > General Sports