It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 15-07-12, 12:11 PM   #281
-V-
Paisley

Useless knob, Embarrassing as always. Im so glad that people are seeing the real Khan now. Put him up against a big puncher and he will always go down. He's had potential but never progressed.
They should never have gave him his belts back in the first place, dude spends all his time talking about Floyd Mayweather and yet he stilll doesn't know how to defend himself
-V- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 12:11 PM   #282
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

true he does like talking about mayweather
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 12:16 PM   #283
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
DavidPrice_1
Khan= great ambassador for boxing, great role model for kids, never in a dull fight. We should be proud of him he's superb for the sport
Quote:
Kell Brook (@SpecialKBrook)
I know we aren't each others biggest fans but I never like to see a fellow Brit lose. I'm sure we will meet someday but for now hope Amir is ok
Quote:
Carl Froch ‏@Carl_Froch
Its always great Mr. @andygoldstein05 @AmirKingKhan took some really heavy shots, what a BIG heart this kid's got. @mrdavidhaye MEGA!
Old 15-07-12, 12:19 PM   #284
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -V- View Post
Useless knob, Embarrassing as always. Im so glad that people are seeing the real Khan now. Put him up against a big puncher and he will always go down. He's had potential but never progressed.
They should never have gave him his belts back in the first place, dude spends all his time talking about Floyd Mayweather and yet he stilll doesn't know how to defend himself
I know he is frustrating V, but come on.

Its ia big IF I know, but IF he had followed the gameplan of the first 2 rounds where he totally outboxed teh guy (and cut him) who knows what would have happened. The boxing ability is there, its just he leaves himself very open to big counters and no matter who you are those are going to have an effect.

Agree that he should not always talk about Floyd, but he wants wanted that big payday and was just playing the 'game'.
Old 15-07-12, 12:21 PM   #285
Alex
Administrator

I don't think dropping Freddie Roach is the answer. He is a very good coach. Mind you, he might just need some new ideas. But dropping Roach would be wrong at this stage in his Career.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 12:22 PM   #286
-V-
Paisley

Thats exactly it though, he never follows any game plan. I just don't like him, he has talent but he's too busy talking shit all the time. He always bigs himself up and yet anytime he comes up against a big puncher he gets his ass handed to him.

Plus he quit the UK because he said he wasn't making enough money. Watch him come running back now the stupid twat
Old 15-07-12, 12:26 PM   #287
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
he's 25 he won't quit yet it's simple he needs educating in the art of boxing and that is not with freddie roach .....he needs to use his speed >>> punch punch move out >>> punch punch move out not move in and trade punch with punch
Aye. It's evident that non of Roach's fighters have a good inside game. You see it in Manny, when he comes in close he is defensively poor and is prone to being countered.
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 12:32 PM   #288
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus50bucks View Post
Aye. It's evident that non of Roach's fighters have a good inside game. You see it in Manny, when he comes in close he is defensively poor and is prone to being countered.
agree
Old 15-07-12, 12:33 PM   #289
RichC
Meh

Hype is what Amir Khan is all about, he has the tools to be a good fighter but hasn't improved his ring craft over the past few years and deservedly been beaten.

Not the end for him yet but he needs to go back and work on his boxing rather than all the PR and media he seemingly spends his time on.

I hope all the talk of Mayweather ends now as he's nowhere near that level and never will be IMO
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 12:35 PM   #290
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
I know he is frustrating V, but come on.

Its ia big IF I know, but IF he had followed the gameplan of the first 2 rounds where he totally outboxed teh guy (and cut him) who knows what would have happened. The boxing ability is there, its just he leaves himself very open to big counters and no matter who you are those are going to have an effect.

Agree that he should not always talk about Floyd, but he wants wanted that big payday and was just playing the 'game'.
I do agree that Khan started the fight well but on the other hand Garcia's father had been saying this week that he expected Khan to start fast but then Garcia would get into his rhythm and that's exactly what happened.

I've said before that Khan's not exactly a big puncher but due to his lightening hand speed it can take a couple of rounds for boxers to get used to this and adjust accordingly. Once you adapt and start to time Khan you have a good chance against him because he doesn't have a good boxing brain imo. He just jumps in as though he's still fighting at amateur level. He's so easy to hit when he does this.

Last edited by marcus50bucks; 15-07-12 at 12:37 PM.
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 12:50 PM   #291
Tee
El Pistolero

Old 15-07-12, 01:01 PM   #292
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?

Just watched it this morning....well that was a knock out and a half....surprised the ref kept it going as long as he did.

Very poor loss from Kahn....only way I can see him going is a couple of bum fights to set up a Kel brook fight....win all three and maybe, he will get a big fight in Vegas again....but another defeat and he'll be gone
Old 15-07-12, 01:13 PM   #293
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Khans promoter/s say fight v mayweather could and will probably happen and garcia says a rematch is possible
Old 15-07-12, 01:55 PM   #294
RichC
Meh

Khan would get ruined by both
Old 15-07-12, 02:33 PM   #295
Gibbo
Like a boss

If he sticks to a decent gameplan instead of being a tosser and playing the big man, he could have a chance against Garcia.

If they can somehow manage to get that that's the best option for Amir.

Fighting Mayweather would be career suicide, would be over in 3 rounds.
Old 15-07-12, 02:53 PM   #296
RichC
Meh

Carl Froch hasn't held back!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18846772

Amir Khan's boxing career has been called "a write-off" by IBF super-middleweight world champion Carl Froch.
Khan, 25, was stopped in the fourth round by unbeaten American Danny Garcia in Las Vegas on Saturday night and has now lost his last two fights.
Britain's Froch told BBC Radio 5 live: "It's a write-off for him. Khan's been knocked out by someone who is not touted for the top level.
Khan's defeats
Breidis Prescott - knocked out in first round in Manchester, September 2008
Lamont Peterson - Split decision loss in Washington, December 2011
Danny Garcia - knocked out in fourth round in Las Vegas, July 2012
"It's very damaging. I would retire if that happened to me."
Khan was knocked down three times as Garcia claimed the British fighter's WBA light-welterweight belt and held on to his WBC title.
After a strong start, Khan was floored in the third by a counter and could not recover from shots in round four.
Froch - who became a three-time world champion with an impressive fifth-round stoppage of Lucian Bute in May - has lost twice in his career.
But he questioned whether Khan is capable of coming back from his latest defeat.
Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

Froch said: "People can say that I have lost twice before, but if I had lost to Bute I would have retired.
"I'm not in this sport to get beat, get knocked out and get outclassed, I'm in this game to be at the top and stay at the very top.
"It's a personal decision to retire but to get stopped in the fourth round after previously being knocked out is very damaging. It's finishing. He has found a level.
"You have to consider that he was badly knocked out by Breidis Prescott and he lost to Lamont Peterson as well.
"I hope he can come back, he's got enough years left and if he has the ambition and desire to come back he could. He's a good fighter.

Can I apologise to my family friends and everyone. I got caught with a shot and I know millions of you are upset but that's boxing for you

Amir Khan on Twitter*
"But this is boxing. It's a very, very tough sport."
Khan's trainer Freddie Roach said his fighter can return from the latest setback, and opened up the possibilty of a rematch with the unbeaten American.
"He's still young and people make mistakes, but this is what makes us better when we avenge things like this," Roach told BBC Sport.
"Amir told me he wants a rematch, he said he would love to have it in England, so let's see if Danny Garcia has the heart to come over there."
Old 15-07-12, 02:58 PM   #297
Daniel 7
Heretic

Just watched it now - he can still have a career, but portraying him as some kind of genius and someone who is going to dominate a division is never going to work.

Struggling to see where he goes from here - the last fight was a defeat even though there may have been some assistance drug wise for his opponent, this might have been unlucky - but he's predictable. Get through the first couple of rounds and hammer him with a big shot. He's like Liverpool under Evans, decent going forward but really weak when being attacked!
Daniel 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 03:06 PM   #298
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

All Amir Khan is just another version of Prince Naseem Hamed nothing more nothing less!
Old 15-07-12, 03:09 PM   #299
RichC
Meh

He's not that good
Old 15-07-12, 03:15 PM   #300
Reece

Or that fat

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 03:18 PM   #301
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Danny Garcia camp: No Amir Khan rematch

Danny Garcia's father says his son is not interested in a rematch with Amir Khan.

Khan, 25, was stopped in the fourth round by the unbeaten Garcia in Las Vegas on Saturday and has now lost his last two fights.

Angel Garcia claims "three-time ex-champion" Khan is "like old shoes" and his son is now looking to a different fight. ......... bbcplayer
Old 15-07-12, 03:20 PM   #302
Daniel 7
Heretic

Another Naseem? He wishes!

Khan wasn't fit to lace Naseem's boots, he was fucking dynamite! He got out when he realised his reaction speed dipped. He was brilliant to watch.
Old 15-07-12, 04:44 PM   #303
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Thought Froch's comments about Khan, while they had some validity, seemed a bit harsh. Is there some sort of beef between them?
Old 15-07-12, 04:54 PM   #304
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Yeah theyve been at it for years, they supposedly buried the hatchet but a few digs always come out now and again.
Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 05:08 PM   #305
Tee
El Pistolero

Disappointed by Froch but maybe the truth hurts. It will be a massive ask for Khan to get back to this level again, maybe a rematch with Peterson could be a springboard (if he wins) to another shot at the likes of Garcia.

And he is nowhere near the level of Naz. He is the best and most exciting British fighter I have ever seen. A one off.
Old 15-07-12, 05:11 PM   #306
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Disappointed by Froch but maybe the truth hurts. It will be a massive ask for Khan to get back to this level again, maybe a rematch with Peterson could be a springboard (if he wins) to another shot at the likes of Garcia.

And he is nowhere near the level of Naz. He is the best and most exciting British fighter I have ever seen. A one off.
Got to put Nigel Benn in that tbh
Old 15-07-12, 05:14 PM   #307
Tee
El Pistolero

Benn is right up there no doubt, but for me personally it is all about Naz.
Old 15-07-12, 05:18 PM   #308
Darth Marty
Quite Contrary

Nas was awesome however the fashion in which he retired pissed me off, a loss against a hall of famer, one which personally I thought he could have won, he just didn't give his all IMO, and a fight against a bum and that was it. Great champions come back from adversity ( Calzaghe aside) and he was not a great champion.
Darth Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 05:59 PM   #309
-V-
Paisley

Khan is 25, why would he retire? Froch is an idiot. Khan will be back fighting again in November
Old 15-07-12, 06:05 PM   #310
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

The retirement talk is nuts. I get that he's running out of options but retirement isn't one of them.
Old 15-07-12, 06:07 PM   #311
Imy
Jalebi Cook

A well written balanced piece on Khan by Paulie Malignaggi on the bbc:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18846550
Imy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 06:09 PM   #312
RoadEnd
Dalglish

Like most things the press report, Froch has been taken out of context. I listened to the interview on 5live and it didn't come across that way. Froch was saying that if it had happened to him, he would have retired.
Old 15-07-12, 06:11 PM   #313
Imy
Jalebi Cook

Had he not got clipped i think he would have easily won that fight.

I don't think Garcia is all that.

Khan got hit pretty hard, not many boxers would have gone on from there, he also took some really bad shots in the following round and showed great heart.

He'll have to slowly rebuild, take a rest, move up a division - fight some fellow Brits/Europeans and start again.
Old 15-07-12, 06:12 PM   #314
Imy
Jalebi Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadEnd View Post
Like most things the press report, Froch has been taken out of context. I listened to the interview on 5live and it didn't come across that way. Froch was saying that if it had happened to him, he would have retired.
I like Froch, but he got his arse handed to him by Andre Ward, if they fought again he'd lose again. So surely if there's someone better than him he too should retire?

He's full of shit.
Old 15-07-12, 06:15 PM   #315
Daniel 7
Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imy View Post
Had he not got clipped i think he would have easily won that fight.

I don't think Garcia is all that.

Khan got hit pretty hard, not many boxers would have gone on from there, he also took some really bad shots in the following round and showed great heart.

He'll have to slowly rebuild, take a rest, move up a division - fight some fellow Brits/Europeans and start again.

It was comfortable for him up to that point, he was dismantling him. He was caught emphatically, lucky punch? We just don't know if it would have put anyone else down - but...he had enough guts to try to pull himself together.
Old 15-07-12, 06:20 PM   #316
Imy
Jalebi Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 7 View Post

It was comfortable for him up to that point, he was dismantling him. He was caught emphatically, lucky punch? We just don't know if it would have put anyone else down - but...he had enough guts to try to pull himself together.
I certainly think it was something that Garcia had practised, but when you watch it on the replays he had his head in another direction and his eyes closed, lucky punch? possibly
Old 15-07-12, 06:45 PM   #317
Chazza
Des Lynam

They new that the left hook was a danger and that Garcia was a hard puncher.

In the 3rd round Khan got involved in a toe to toe scrap which is what Garcia would have wanted.

It was a mistake and one he must learn from if he is going to come back

I don't see why Garcia should give him a rematch.
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 09:30 PM   #318
Daniel 7
Heretic

His dad's a proper dick. I think they should put Khan in with Papa Garcia, see how smart mouthed he is then.
Old 15-07-12, 10:25 PM   #319
Helios Creed
Est's Streaker

they did predict that he would come up short if it came to a toe to toe fight...

Garcia's dad is a nasty little shit of a man.
Helios Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-12, 10:48 PM   #320
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Carl Froch ‏@Carl_Froch
@BBCSport This tweet is a miss quote! I said "It's very damaging. I would retire if that happened to me." VERY big difference! #verynegative
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > General Sports