It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 08-03-19, 10:06 PM   #3961
rodo
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Be good to see that back of that weird fucker
cant stand the fucker
Old 08-03-19, 10:10 PM   #3962
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
cant stand the fucker
No I won’t t have you speak of Norbs like that
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-19, 10:15 PM   #3963
spud_gun
Paisley

That'd sum the wee fucker right up.

As soon as the going got even slightly tough he fucks off.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 12:07 AM   #3964
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Express is saying Pep Guardiola to Juventus at end of this season... indicative of sanctions on City?
it just keeps getting better and better

I have nothing against city but feel very strongly about FFP if they really have been gaming the system to the extent it looks like then Ufea should throw the fucking book at them or watch there little cash cow die on the vine
Old 09-03-19, 07:25 AM   #3965
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 08:23 AM   #3966
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Thanks for posting that Slinky. Makes interesting reading.

'There are two key areas for the governing bodies to investigate- wages & salaries and commercial revenue. City's wages & salaries between 2013 and 2018 rose by only 13% in their official accounts when their Big 6 PL rivals' averaged an increase of 60% over the same period'

Last edited by Saveloy; 09-03-19 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Grammar innit
Saveloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 08:39 AM   #3967
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Bit of irony in the comment that Qatar wields more influence than UAE. Biggest stick will win this but it'll have nothing to do with fair play
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 08:58 AM   #3968
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
cant stand the fucker

Wouldn't go to Italy and manage Milan would he. Worst cheque book manager ever
Old 09-03-19, 09:02 AM   #3969
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

1.Guardiola said.

Speaking before the Premier League announced its investigation, the Spaniard added: "They want to underestimate what you achieve.

"I am not too concerned or worried about what people say if we win the title because what happens now with Uefa, they don't give us any credit for what we have done, believe me. I don't care. Absolutely zero."

2.The club also allegedly concealed a player investment fund, which would allow the club to hold equity in promising players -- so-called "third-party ownership (TPO), something banned by UEFA and the Premier League -- by using a company in the Cayman Islands.

3.In 2015, China Media Group acquired a 13% stake in City Football Group, the parent company of the Manchester team, for $400 million.

4.Der Spiegel has reported, citing club documents gathered by the independent Football Leaks investigative project, that the club reportedly inflated sponsor fees, if the club spent more than expected, the German outlet said.

Quite staggering some of the dirty dealings going on at City.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 09:23 AM   #3970
spud_gun
Paisley

They've been doing it in plain sight as well.

They can't fill their stadium on a regular basis but are signing some of the largest sponsorship deals in football history. They've literally appeared from no where into the top 5 of most valuable clubs in the world.

Rotten to the core.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 09:29 AM   #3971
rodo
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
They've been doing it in plain sight as well.

They can't fill their stadium on a regular basis but are signing some of the largest sponsorship deals in football history. They've literally appeared from no where into the top 5 of most valuable clubs in the world.

Rotten to the core.
Old 09-03-19, 11:01 AM   #3972
Harv
Randy Marsh

Relegate them, strip them of their titles under current ownership and ban from Europe for 5 seasons.

See how big a club they are after that.

Same treatment that Juve got for match fixing.

Melbourne Storm here in Oz got stripped of their titles due to salary cap dickery.

There are precedents all over the world. But you watch the spineless UEFA and FA give them a smack on the wrist and sent to their room with no supper

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 12:13 PM   #3973
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
Thanks for posting that Slinky. Makes interesting reading.

'There are two key areas for the governing bodies to investigate- wages & salaries and commercial revenue. City's wages & salaries between 2013 and 2018 rose by only 13% in their official accounts when their Big 6 PL rivals' averaged an increase of 60% over the same period'
No probs mate you're welcome. Interesting tweets all the same! They might be in some shit for this, they certainly won't get away with it.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 12:45 PM   #3974
SB
Paisley

I hope justice is served on them big time. Cheating bastards
Old 09-03-19, 01:09 PM   #3975
Harv
Randy Marsh

Nothing would give me more satisfaction than seeing that club in complete ruins and that gypsy rat Pep fucking off. Cheating scum.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Old 09-03-19, 02:02 PM   #3976
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Nothing would give me more satisfaction than seeing that club in complete ruins and that [bold] gypsy rat Pep[/bold] fucking off. Cheating scum.
Nice.
Old 09-03-19, 02:57 PM   #3977
Harv
Randy Marsh

Meh.

Old 09-03-19, 03:50 PM   #3978
Vermilion
Shooterista

#Mancheater City.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 04:05 PM   #3979
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Nothing would give me more satisfaction than seeing that club in complete ruins and that gypsy rat Pep fucking off. Cheating scum.
Why? If it wasn't for them Utd would have fluked some more league titles. I for one welcomed our corrupt overlords. Wouldn't mind seeing them disappear uneventfully now though.
Old 09-03-19, 04:43 PM   #3980
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Nice.
I read that quoted text as bald gypsy rat
Old 09-03-19, 05:11 PM   #3981
Rafa Justice
Benitez

I'd happily see that club in ruins, a Juve style punishment would be fantastic. They'd have an army of FFP ants crawling through every orifice of their accounts and wouldn't be able to spend a single quid over FFP. Clubs like Juve can bounce back because they're a genuinely huge club with a true global following. City are a nonsense, like a competition winner getting into the pit lane at F1 and getting selfies with drivers and models. C**ts.

An absolute nothing club with no fans winning the Middle Eastern lottery.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 05:12 PM   #3982
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Not that it will happen but what if their 13/14 title was taken away.

How would you feel about belatedly winning a title?

How could you celebrate it?
Old 09-03-19, 05:12 PM   #3983
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Justice View Post
I'd happily see that club in ruins, a Juve style punishment would be fantastic. They'd have an army of FFP ants crawling through every orifice of their accounts and wouldn't be able to spend a single quid over FFP. Clubs like Juve can bounce back because they're a genuinely huge club with a true global following. City are a nonsense, like a competition winner getting into the pit lane at F1 and getting selfies with drivers and models. C**ts.

An absolute nothing club with no fans winning the Middle Eastern lottery.
Spot on
Old 09-03-19, 05:29 PM   #3984
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post

I wouldn't celebrate it but I'd be happy for Stevie as he could banish that slip.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 05:34 PM   #3985
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Watford resting most of their first team today. Astonishing. Everton, West Ham and now Watford.

You'd think we were the financial dopers!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 05:41 PM   #3986
Rafa Justice
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post

Couldn't celebrate really. Would be good for the Honours page of the website and would cement the total contempt and disregard I hold for any of City's 'achievements'.

Won't happen anyway, at best it would be a vacant title. Although Inter were handed a title apparently.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 01:51 PM   #3987
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

You couldn't make this up. Fuck off.

Old 11-03-19, 01:56 PM   #3988
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

The fact that it's so up front and public knowledge means it's been discussed and verified behind closed doors already
Old 11-03-19, 02:02 PM   #3989
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Surely not. That's crazy. I don't think Schalke will field a weakened side. It's not as though they have to win 4-0.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 02:52 PM   #3990
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

FFP if applied correctly just protects the so called big boys.

I'm no fan of city but why should they have to wait 20 odd years to build a worldwide fan base in order to compete at the top?

Most teams sign youngsters on dodgy ground. Even us.

They have an investor with unlimited funds, they wanted to get to the top quick. Blackburn did it albeit on a much smaller scale.

I know they spend 50m on every defender going but they haven't gone balls out breaking transfer records have they? They didn't sign Messi. They don't have the most expensive keeper or centre back. They've spent pretty well.

Even with the money players do reject them.

I'm grateful they came along and upset Utd. Down side is we're now decent and going head to head. Now we want them to disappear.

I don't get all the bitterness. Pep is a very good manager who plays football the right way and you can spend millions and still be shit. Utd anyone?

Without a bit of bending rules, a team can never break into the elite. Rules are shit anyway. That's the real issue.
Old 11-03-19, 04:31 PM   #3991
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post

I'm no fan of city but why should they have to wait 20 odd years to build a worldwide fan base in order to compete at the top?

They have an investor with unlimited funds, they wanted to get to the top quick. Blackburn did it albeit on a much smaller scale.

I know they spend 50m on every defender going but they haven't gone balls out breaking transfer records have they? They didn't sign Messi. They don't have the most expensive keeper or centre back. They've spent pretty well.

I'm grateful they came along and upset Utd. Down side is we're now decent and going head to head. Now we want them to disappear.

I don't get all the bitterness. Pep is a very good manager who plays football the right way and you can spend millions and still be shit. Utd anyone?

Without a bit of bending rules, a team can never break into the elite. Rules are shit anyway. That's the real issue.
They've broken loads of transfer records in recent years, even if they don't all still stand.

Ederson was a world record for a keeper at the time (although only slightly on Buffon).

Sterling was a record for an English player.

Stones was the World record fee for a defender. They then broke that record again for Mendy. They'd have done it again if VvD had chosen their offer over us.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 12:53 PM   #3992
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Is it ok to be a bit cynical about the timing of this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47532719
Old 12-03-19, 01:08 PM   #3993
Yozza
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Is it ok to be a bit cynical about the timing of this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47532719
Just a big PR exercise

One of the City fans in the office says it's not City's fault so all of the premier league clubs should pool together to pay for the compensation

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 01:30 PM   #3994
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:

One of the biggest things about City that would concern me is I read something about the rest of the top 6 and how their wages had increased by something like 60% over the last 5 years

During that time Citys had only increased by 15%, how the hell is that possible??
Old 12-03-19, 01:38 PM   #3995
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Because city initially used wages to attract top players to a shit club, and now that has filtered down and had an inflationary affect for everyone else. The kind of stuff ffp exists for
Old 12-03-19, 01:47 PM   #3996
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
One of the biggest things about City that would concern me is I read something about the rest of the top 6 and how their wages had increased by something like 60% over the last 5 years

During that time Citys had only increased by 15%, how the hell is that possible??
Basically, Man C have been massively overpaying for players for the last 5 years & agents have used that to push salaries up at every top club or the clubs would risk losing out on players.

PSG, RM, Barca, Bayern have also added to the burden by hyper inflating wages
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 01:58 PM   #3997
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Because city initially used wages to attract top players to a shit club, and now that has filtered down and had an inflationary affect for everyone else. The kind of stuff ffp exists for
The documents that Der Spiegel have seem to suggest that some of the wages have been paid by different entities (ie image rights have been paid by a 3rd party)
Old 12-03-19, 02:10 PM   #3998
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I'd imagine HMRC will start to get interested with the tax implications on image rights being paid through an offshore third party.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 02:38 PM   #3999
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:

Because like offside, handball, three points for a win and a bunch of other stuff, those are the rules. That's what you sign up to when you play in the competition.

If the rules change one day, then so be it. But until that time these are cheating. Not a little bit. But to an extreme.
Old 12-03-19, 08:05 PM   #4000
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
You couldn't make this up. Fuck off.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/st...69003414872065
So did they?

I couldn't tell their first team from their u-11 girls.
RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football