It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 26-11-20, 01:45 PM   #2401
baitman
Daddy day care

If he was fucking brilliant and not made from farleys rusks then we would have to just swallow the shit from his national team management as we do with salah.
As this isn't the case then he will be getting sold off as soon as is practical.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-20, 06:24 PM   #2402
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
If he was fucking brilliant and not made from farleys rusks then we would have to just swallow the shit from his national team management as we do with salah.
As this isn't the case then he will be getting sold off as soon as is practical.
Nope, think it's obvious that he is highly rated by Klopp, as the minute he is fit we find a way to get him into the team and often the starting 11.
Old 09-12-20, 11:58 PM   #2403
baitman
Daddy day care

Shabby Keita.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
Old 10-12-20, 01:28 AM   #2404
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Brilliant to have him back.
Old 10-12-20, 07:58 AM   #2405
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Brilliant to have him back.
Old 10-12-20, 08:40 AM   #2406
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

He's wank, such a disappointment of a signing.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 08:42 AM   #2407
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

We need the bodies at the moment
Old 10-12-20, 08:44 AM   #2408
Slinky Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
We do but he doesn't last two minutes. He'll be injured again soon no doubt. He doesn't really do much when he plays either. Some of his passing was atrocious last night.

Old 10-12-20, 08:44 AM   #2409
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

Ox isn't too far away.
Old 10-12-20, 10:17 AM   #2410
frank the tank
Shankly

I think Curtis Jones has bypassed 50m Naby Keita in the pecking order for me.

If and when everyone is fit, then we have the following to play midfield:

Thiago
Henderson
Fabinho
Wjinaldum
Jones
Milner
Oxlade
Keita

I'd make him 8th choice central midfielder. The fact that his national team would also play him if he had 2 broken legs means for me, we should sell him and buy someone else next summer.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 10:19 AM   #2411
wiw
Paisley

Well if Naby Keita is our 8th choice then we must be doing pretty well
Old 10-12-20, 10:24 AM   #2412
Maxiedge
Shankly

I'd be interested to see how he plays next time.

There's no doubt it was a shocker but it could be just one of those days while he gets match fit. To put it into context, Fabinho had a few stinker too coming back from injury last season.

On the other hand, he could be a lost cause and I'm preparing to make peace with the fact that he's never going to be the player I had in mind.

I think by the end of this season, we'll know if we need to move him and Minamino on.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 10:42 AM   #2413
greenturnip
Benitez

It was a good run out for Naby -he just needs minutes in those (slightly play-dough) leg muscles. Clearly rusty - but he has delivered in the past in big games, when fit, so I won't write him off just yet.
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 10:50 AM   #2414
Baracus
Roggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw View Post
Well if Naby Keita is our 8th choice then we must be doing pretty well
Better than having Cheyrou as 8th choice
Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 12:55 PM   #2415
danperkins

Genuine question, in the 49 games he has played for us, is there any game that he has played for LFC where he has really stood out and had a blinder? I really can't remember any, I can see him being sold in the summer if he doesn't have a drastic change in form. Thus far for the price tag, a hugely disappointing signing. £52.75m quid!
Old 10-12-20, 12:58 PM   #2416
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Genuine question, in the 49 games he has played for us, is there any game that he has played for LFC where he has really stood out and had a blinder? I really can't remember any, I can see him being sold in the summer if he doesn't have a drastic change in form. Thus far for the price tag, a hugely disappointing signing. £52.75m quid!
He has had a few games where he has looked like the player we were supposed to be signing, maybe one motm performance and a handful of decent games too.

But as a £50m+ player he has been a monumental flop.

Old 10-12-20, 01:09 PM   #2417
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Naby Keita

He hasnít played to his level due to injuries, mostly muscle related. Heís not the first player who hasnít lived up to his potential and itís no surprise if he cannot play consistently. Heís arguably one of the most technically gifted midfielders we have. Itís not his fault if heís consistently injured and Iíd put our medical department at fault as well for not helping him get over his muscle injuries in managing him better. Itís a shame.

Itís also boring seeing this thread popping up as soon as he has had an underwhelming game. Last night was his first game back after injury and itís a bit odd and boring this gets picked up once again considering it was obvious he wouldnít shine in a team full of youngsters and non experienced players.
Old 10-12-20, 01:13 PM   #2418
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I think Curtis Jones has bypassed 50m Naby Keita in the pecking order for me.

If and when everyone is fit, then we have the following to play midfield:

Thiago
Henderson
Fabinho
Wjinaldum
Jones
Milner
Oxlade
Keita

I'd make him 8th choice central midfielder. The fact that his national team would also play him if he had 2 broken legs means for me, we should sell him and buy someone else next summer.
Iím a huge Naby fan and my bias doesnít allow me be as disappointed as others but I canít deny he has been underwhelming. Injuries and system have curbed a lot of what we thought we were getting. Hereís where I open myself to ridicule because the eyes donít lie but........his stats for XG chain, pressing and others are off the charts when he has a run of games.....but he doesnít play runs of games!

Curtis is amazing - he seems to have taken to it like a duck to water. We have to be careful to manage his load because we donít want to overplay him and break him like we have done in the past. His statistical profile is unbelievable as an all round midfielder and if he sustains this we have an absolute star on our hands
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 01:18 PM   #2419
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Better than having Cheyrou as 8th choice
Cheyrou was about 4th choice as well which makes it even more impressive
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 01:51 PM   #2420
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Dan, you mention his price tag every second post, let it go. Right now it doesn't matter if he cost £50m or £5m, all that matters is if he's good enough to do a job on the pitch when fit as our squad is stretched to it's limits.

My memory is shit, so I can't pinpoint any standout games, but I can think of some excellent team performances that he's contributed to such as Leicester, Chelsea and Arsenal this year.

A twist on your question, in the 49 times he's played for us, do you think every time, "we're fucked, Naby is playing"? I certainly don't. So if he is worth a place in the squad and can put a shift in when called upon, however infrequent it may be, is it worth saying after every 2nd performance, "£50m flop, sell" (paraphrasing multiple posters here, not just you)?

There is every chance he will be gone at the end of the season, but it won't be because we spent £50m on him or because he isn't the player Liverpool supporters hoped he would be, so I do think some people need to let it go.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 03:03 PM   #2421
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Dan, you mention his price tag every second post, let it go. Right now it doesn't matter if he cost £50m or £5m, all that matters is if he's good enough to do a job on the pitch when fit as our squad is stretched to it's limits.

My memory is shit, so I can't pinpoint any standout games, but I can think of some excellent team performances that he's contributed to such as Leicester, Chelsea and Arsenal this year.

A twist on your question, in the 49 times he's played for us, do you think every time, "we're fucked, Naby is playing"? I certainly don't. So if he is worth a place in the squad and can put a shift in when called upon, however infrequent it may be, is it worth saying after every 2nd performance, "£50m flop, sell" (paraphrasing multiple posters here, not just you)?

There is every chance he will be gone at the end of the season, but it won't be because we spent £50m on him or because he isn't the player Liverpool supporters hoped he would be, so I do think some people need to let it go.
I mention the price tag because you cannot ignore it and he hasn't justified anywhere near it. If we sell I can't see us recouping it, whereas we would with the likes of Minamino as it was a small outlay. We aren't flush likes of City, United, PSG etc. We usually have to sell to buy in most windows, so it is important that we get our big spends right and we usually do to be fair. If we don't get it right and end up selling a player that cost 50 odd million for half that, that could be the difference between us not getting a main target player in another transfer window. Those margins are finer than ever after a covid year and with our injury list every penny counts.

I expected him to be more than just a cog, he's a lovely footballer no question but looking at Leipzig Naby vs LFC Naby is like looking at two different players. The drive and aggression he showed for Leipzig seems to have disappeared. Yes he's probably playing a more disciplined tactical role & yes he has been injured alot but at the end of the day it's all about what is best for the club. He probably is considered a flop so far regardless of circumstance and there is no way imo we will persist with a 50m player on £120k pw as a bench warmer if he has slipped down the pecking order. Likes of Curtis Jones who is 19 and on a tiny wage in comparison represents much been value than Naby currently. You could argue Naby has slipped right down the pecking order but Klopp will give him chances to change that.

IMO the club works off value for money, it seems a really important aspect in the way we do business. If Naby goes, it will be because he wasn't good enough and did not represent value for money regards to performance/appearances/wages. Sell him, get as much as we can back and invest it in someone else that represents value for money. Anyways, good to have him back as we need bodies and I would love for him to push on and show us the player we thought he was going to be & we need players firing on all cylinders now more than ever.

Last edited by danperkins; 10-12-20 at 03:22 PM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 04:11 PM   #2422
RedReet

Quote:
I mention the price tag because you cannot ignore it and he hasn't justified anywhere near it. If we sell I can't see us recouping it, whereas we would with the likes of Minamino as it was a small outlay. We aren't flush likes of City, United, PSG etc. We usually have to sell to buy in most windows, so it is important that we get our big spends right and we usually do to be fair. If we don't get it right and end up selling a player that cost 50 odd million for half that, that could be the difference between us not getting a main target player in another transfer window. Those margins are finer than ever after a covid year and with our injury list every penny counts.

I expected him to be more than just a cog, he's a lovely footballer no question but looking at Leipzig Naby vs LFC Naby is like looking at two different players. The drive and aggression he showed for Leipzig seems to have disappeared. Yes he's probably playing a more disciplined tactical role & yes he has been injured alot but at the end of the day it's all about what is best for the club. He probably is considered a flop so far regardless of circumstance and there is no way imo we will persist with a 50m player on £120k pw as a bench warmer if he has slipped down the pecking order. Likes of Curtis Jones who is 19 and on a tiny wage in comparison represents much been value than Naby currently. You could argue Naby has slipped right down the pecking order but Klopp will give him chances to change that.

IMO the club works off value for money, it seems a really important aspect in the way we do business. If Naby goes, it will be because he wasn't good enough and did not represent value for money regards to performance/appearances/wages. Sell him, get as much as we can back and invest it in someone else that represents value for money. Anyways, good to have him back as we need bodies and I would love for him to push on and show us the player we thought he was going to be & we need players firing on all cylinders now more than ever.
Naby was brought in to transform our midfield. Him and Fekir were expected to add the creativity and drive to break teams down, which we struggled with the year before. That was 3 years ago, Klopp found other solutions in the form of Trent and Robbo and a style of play that doesn't necessary need that creativity in midfield (against 90% of teams). It would be great if Naby could rediscover his Leipzeg form, but it's looking less and less likely, primarily because of injuries. That doesn't mean he can't contribute though.

Your criticism (for want of a better word) of him only being a cog is part of what I mean. Week in, week out we get steady 6 or 7 out of 10 performances from Gini, he does his job well. If Keita does the same, often you see "expect more from a £50m signing". We need to let that expectation go. If Keita could stay fit and become a bog standard cog, then it's £50m well spent IMO. We don't need him to be a match winner every week or that star player that you might expect for £50m, so to continually criticise him for not being that player seems a bit pointless IMO. The team has evolved, so should fans expectations.

People can criticise his injury record, argue that we have better options in the team, reason that we could sell him for £20m and improve the team by signing some player most of us haven't heard of, but don't keep saying that he's not good enough because we spent £50m on him and he isn't the same player we seen at Leipzeg. The 2017 team needed that player, the 2020 team doesn't, particularly in the current climate when any fit player who can hold their own against top opposition should be considered a valuable asset.
Old 10-12-20, 04:11 PM   #2423
greenturnip
Benitez

Quote:

IMO the club works off value for money, it seems a really important aspect in the way we do business.
I think this is right. That's why we will let Gini go for nowt next summer - because £25M for him and what he has given us, in arguably his peak years, was outstanding value for money. Naby has not delivered like that, so we will need to recoup as much as possible of that £50M outlay. There will be no 'free' for Naby...
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 04:48 PM   #2424
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Naby was brought in to transform our midfield. Him and Fekir were expected to add the creativity and drive to break teams down, which we struggled with the year before. That was 3 years ago, Klopp found other solutions in the form of Trent and Robbo and a style of play that doesn't necessary need that creativity in midfield (against 90% of teams). It would be great if Naby could rediscover his Leipzeg form, but it's looking less and less likely, primarily because of injuries. That doesn't mean he can't contribute though.

Your criticism (for want of a better word) of him only being a cog is part of what I mean. Week in, week out we get steady 6 or 7 out of 10 performances from Gini, he does his job well. If Keita does the same, often you see "expect more from a £50m signing". We need to let that expectation go. If Keita could stay fit and become a bog standard cog, then it's £50m well spent IMO. We don't need him to be a match winner every week or that star player that you might expect for £50m, so to continually criticise him for not being that player seems a bit pointless IMO. The team has evolved, so should fans expectations.

People can criticise his injury record, argue that we have better options in the team, reason that we could sell him for £20m and improve the team by signing some player most of us haven't heard of, but don't keep saying that he's not good enough because we spent £50m on him and he isn't the same player we seen at Leipzeg. The 2017 team needed that player, the 2020 team doesn't, particularly in the current climate when any fit player who can hold their own against top opposition should be considered a valuable asset.
Excellent post
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 07:30 PM   #2425
danperkins

Quote:

Some fair points, others not so much. I agree he was bought for a specific purpose & that has not worked out for various reasons but I never said he couldn't contribute, whether or not he can contribute enough to justify 120k pw is a different story. Like I said he's a lovely footballer on times but there is no way he'll be at LFC long term if this trend continues, no value for money. He is polar opposite to Gini who imo is one of the most under rated CM's in the world and certainly not a 6 or 7 out of 10 per week and doing it at the highest level for years & also rarely injured. Tried and tested, proven world class CM.

Keita has not been good enough performance wise & seemingly cannot be relied upon body wise, again he is also on 120k pw. We are simply not getting value for money out of him currently which I think is a very valid point and something that you would expect any well run business to look at. 'If' he could stay fit, 'If' he done as well as Gini but he cannot stay fit & he doesn't perform aswell as Gini. I don't expect more from a 50m signing, I expect more from Keita who we happened to pay 50m for. You buy premium and you expect premium performances. We didn't spend that money for just another body, we spent it for a dynamic centre midfielder to transform our midfield not just make up the numbers.

Football is a ruthless business and our club is run like a well oiled machine who are competing in a playing field that is certainly not level, hence us having is be shrewd in our buys, especially the marquee buys. The team has evolved absolutely but if Keita isn't pulling his weight, or constantly injured he is not an asset for LFC, he is a liability and a costly one at that. If it is not working out and we can recoup from the initial fee, then we will like any club who do not want to be taking a massive loss on a player they purchased. Currently being just another body will do during this injury crisis but that will only get him so far when players get back fit.

Last edited by danperkins; 11-12-20 at 07:13 AM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 12:45 AM   #2426
rudedog
Pig hater

Quote:

Very well put
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 10:43 AM   #2427
RedReet

Quote:
Some fair points, others not so much. I agree he was bought for a specific purpose & that has not worked out for various reasons but I never said he couldn't contribute, whether or not he can contribute enough to justify 120k pw is a different story. Like I said he's a lovely footballer on times but there is no way he'll be at LFC long term if this trend continues, no value for money. He is polar opposite to Gini who imo is one of the most under rated CM's in the world and certainly not a 6 or 7 out of 10 per week and doing it at the highest level for years & also rarely injured. Tried and tested, proven world class CM.

Keita has not been good enough performance wise & seemingly cannot be relied upon body wise, again he is also on 120k pw. We are simply not getting value for money out of him currently which I think is a very valid point and something that you would expect any well run business to look at. 'If' he could stay fit, 'If' he done as well as Gini but he cannot stay fit & he doesn't perform aswell as Gini. I don't expect more from a 50m signing, I expect more from Keita who we happened to pay 50m for. You buy premium and you expect premium performances. We didn't spend that money for just another body, we spent it for a dynamic centre midfielder to transform our midfield not just make up the numbers.

Football is a ruthless business and our club is run like a well oiled machine who are competing in a playing field that is certainly not level, hence us having is be shrewd in our buys, especially the marquee buys. The team has evolved absolutely but if Keita isn't pulling his weight, or constantly injured he is not an asset for LFC, he is a liability and a costly one at that. If it is not working out and we can recoup from the initial fee, then we will like any club who do not want to be taking a massive loss on a player they purchased. Currently being just another body will do during this injury crisis but that will only get him so far when players get back fit.
I intentionally veered away from the value for money discussion, as it wasnít relevant to the point I was making. I was highlighting that his initial cost, or indeed if he was value for money, should have no bearing when analysing his match performance, but it often comes up post match, or even in the build-up. Continually bringing this up I feel creates an unhelpful expectation, whether intentional or not, that the player will rarely live up to. Even in this discussion you asked how often heís had a Ďblinderí and mentioned that being a cog if Ďnot good enoughí, which is a common theme with Naby. It also brings back memories of the long, drawn out arguments over players like Lucas and Kuyt, deemed not good enough as one was a failed B2B midfielder and the other a failed CF, many refused to accept their value to the team as they werenít seeing the players they hoped weíd signed.

I was purposely harsh scoring Gini, as I thought that would get less of response than suggesting Naby has been putting in 8 or 9 performances. Scores mean nothing, my point was more that a lot of Giniís best work goes unnoticed, most of it off the ball. Due to his reputation, Naby isnít afforded this luxury of going unnoticed, he has to stand out (ďhow often has he had a blinderĒ?), so I donít feel we are comparing fairly. Personally, I think Jonesí performances this year have been very similar to how Naby finished last season and started this, quietly effective. I'm glad he's getting the recognition he deserves.

Although I said value for money, isnít relevant to my point, I canít ignore your repeated point. I agree that Naby hasnít been value for money, but unless we can buy a time machine and go sign another player, we are unlikely to get value for money out for him at this stage. The money is spent; we need to let it go. Cutting our losses and selling at a loss is also not value for money, even if it may be our best option. From a purely financial perspective, I think our best chance of maximising value from our investment at this stage would be to concentrate on keeping him fit, so the years of training we have invested time and money into doesnít go to waste. (Also donít think £120k is unusual for a squad player these days) Unfortunately, the reality is that he most likely wonít stay fit and will be gone.

Hypothetically though, if Gini could stay fit and continue his end of season form last year, I think heís worth keeping. I donít care that they werenít MOTM performances and I donít care that he cost £50m or that he was much better for Leipzeg, I still think heís a good player. Iíd be happy with an unassuming cog.
Old 11-12-20, 11:52 AM   #2428
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
I intentionally veered away from the value for money discussion, as it wasn’t relevant to the point I was making. I was highlighting that his initial cost, or indeed if he was value for money, should have no bearing when analysing his match performance, but it often comes up post match, or even in the build-up. Continually bringing this up I feel creates an unhelpful expectation, whether intentional or not, that the player will rarely live up to. Even in this discussion you asked how often he’s had a ‘blinder’ and mentioned that being a cog if ‘not good enough’, which is a common theme with Naby. It also brings back memories of the long, drawn out arguments over players like Lucas and Kuyt, deemed not good enough as one was a failed B2B midfielder and the other a failed CF, many refused to accept their value to the team as they weren’t seeing the players they hoped we’d signed.

I was purposely harsh scoring Gini, as I thought that would get less of response than suggesting Naby has been putting in 8 or 9 performances. Scores mean nothing, my point was more that a lot of Gini’s best work goes unnoticed, most of it off the ball. Due to his reputation, Naby isn’t afforded this luxury of going unnoticed, he has to stand out (“how often has he had a blinder”?), so I don’t feel we are comparing fairly. Personally, I think Jones’ performances this year have been very similar to how Naby finished last season and started this, quietly effective. I'm glad he's getting the recognition he deserves.

Although I said value for money, isn’t relevant to my point, I can’t ignore your repeated point. I agree that Naby hasn’t been value for money, but unless we can buy a time machine and go sign another player, we are unlikely to get value for money out for him at this stage. The money is spent; we need to let it go. Cutting our losses and selling at a loss is also not value for money, even if it may be our best option. From a purely financial perspective, I think our best chance of maximising value from our investment at this stage would be to concentrate on keeping him fit, so the years of training we have invested time and money into doesn’t go to waste. (Also don’t think £120k is unusual for a squad player these days) Unfortunately, the reality is that he most likely won’t stay fit and will be gone.

Hypothetically though, if Gini could stay fit and continue his end of season form last year, I think he’s worth keeping. I don’t care that they weren’t MOTM performances and I don’t care that he cost £50m or that he was much better for Leipzeg, I still think he’s a good player. I’d be happy with an unassuming cog.

I think that there are alot of good points in there, the comparisons with Wijnaldum and Jones especially. While people might ask how many blinders Naby has played as you say that is not really asked of Wijnaldum. Gini puts in alot of good performances that go under the radar and I think alot of us have perhaps underappreciated him until recently when there has been talk of him leaving. Naby I don't think has put in many bad/shocking performances either IMO. I think that there is an inherent bias with football fans and transfer fees we tend to look at everyone in terms of what we paid for them and compare performances that way. A £50m player is going to get more stick for consistently putting in 7/10 performances than a £20m player or someone who came through the youth system. And even if they post good numbers they don't get a huge amount of credit because you expect a £50m player to put in those types of performances.

If Naby could put in the types of performances we saw at the end of last season then he's a very good player and is getting a place in our side where there is a lot of competition from a lot of other good players. Even if he isn't at that level he is still in contention, so he's not a bad player. The biggest problem with him IMO is the injuries he isn't going to show his best form until we can get him fit and keep him fit.
Old 11-12-20, 12:20 PM   #2429
RedReet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post

I think that there are alot of good points in there, the comparisons with Wijnaldum and Jones especially. While people might ask how many blinders Naby has played as you say that is not really asked of Wijnaldum. Gini puts in alot of good performances that go under the radar and I think alot of us have perhaps underappreciated him until recently when there has been talk of him leaving. Naby I don't think has put in many bad/shocking performances either IMO. I think that there is an inherent bias with football fans and transfer fees we tend to look at everyone in terms of what we paid for them and compare performances that way. A £50m player is going to get more stick for consistently putting in 7/10 performances than a £20m player or someone who came through the youth system. And even if they post good numbers they don't get a huge amount of credit because you expect a £50m player to put in those types of performances.

If Naby could put in the types of performances we saw at the end of last season then he's a very good player and is getting a place in our side where there is a lot of competition from a lot of other good players. Even if he isn't at that level he is still in contention, so he's not a bad player. The biggest problem with him IMO is the injuries he isn't going to show his best form until we can get him fit and keep him fit.

Exactly my point, succinctly put. I should have PM'd you my replies in advance to save a lot of unnecessary reading for people.
Old 11-12-20, 06:33 PM   #2430
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
A £50m player is going to get more stick for consistently putting in 7/10 performances...

But if he was putting in those 7/10 performances then he wouldn't be an issue, but many of his performances ar 5/10 at best.

Old 11-12-20, 07:01 PM   #2431
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

I think Klopp likes Naby.

I don't know for certain but at a guess I'd say he does a lot of things that don't get picked up unless you watch live or delve into stats. He presses high, keeps things ticking and works hard.

He isn't the player many thought he would be but we aren't the team we were when we bought him. The function of our midfield changed and we went from Wijnaldum/Henderson being undervalued to them being critical.

Our fullbacks and front 3 are everything to us creatively and our midfield 3 cover so much ground facilitating for them.

He's not stand out, his injuries are frustrating but he's still a good player and Klopp tends to find a spot for him when fit.
Old 11-12-20, 11:46 PM   #2432
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie-9-Fowler View Post
I think Klopp likes Naby.

I don't know for certain but at a guess I'd say he does a lot of things that don't get picked up unless you watch live or delve into stats. He presses high, keeps things ticking and works hard.

He isn't the player many thought he would be but we aren't the team we were when we bought him. The function of our midfield changed and we went from Wijnaldum/Henderson being undervalued to them being critical.

Our fullbacks and front 3 are everything to us creatively and our midfield 3 cover so much ground facilitating for them.

He's not stand out, his injuries are frustrating but he's still a good player and Klopp tends to find a spot for him when fit.

Yeah would say the same about him. He rarely seems to misplace a pass, he is the sort of player that very hard to play a press against (as is Thiago for that matter) so very useful when teams try to turn the pressing game onto us. He does a lot of the simple not so flashy aspects of the game to a pretty high level.

The only issue I would have with him is the amount of games he misses through injury, but in terms of ability and what he tends to bring when on the pitch I never worry when I see his name on the teamsheet.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-20, 03:08 PM   #2433
fidget
Shankly

Really good today.
To be governed is to be watched over, inspected, spied on, directed, legislated at, regulated, docketed, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, assessed, weighed, censored, ordered about, by men who have neither the right, nor the knowledge, nor the virtue.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-20, 03:27 PM   #2434
rudedog
Pig hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
Really good today.
He was, did everything well.
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-20, 03:42 PM   #2435
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Naby Keita

Just need to stay fit. Heís ahead of Curtis for me. Thatís how good our squad is.
Old 19-12-20, 03:46 PM   #2436
danperkins

Played some lovely stuff in second half, admittedly had a lot of space Palace gone. Some nice interceptions too. Needs to stay fit, same with Ox and Joel.
Old 19-12-20, 05:02 PM   #2437
Slinky Skills

Crap first half, much improved second half.

Old 19-12-20, 05:54 PM   #2438
kubrickscube
Fagan

So much better central rather than in a wider position- hendo seemed to let him stay in the middle
kubrickscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-20, 06:56 PM   #2439
Cormack74
Shankly

Very efficient performance second half.

The through ball for Taki (to miss) was what he used to be doing regularly when on form.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-20, 10:17 PM   #2440
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
Crap first half, much improved second half.
I wouldnít say crap but he was overshadowed by Gini & Hendo who were everywhere to be fair. He got better as the game went on & especially once Gini went off he bossed it.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC