It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 21-03-07, 07:33 AM   #1
desertscouser
Prediction Legend

Demento loses it again

Demento shows his class...

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson launched a terrible hairdryer blast at a Sky TV reporter after taking issue over his interview with Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of Monday night's FA Cup replay victory over Middlesbrough.
The Sun says Fergie called Sky's Geoff Shreeves a 'f*****g bastard' and told him to 'f**k off'.

Ferguson was furious with Shreeves for questioning his Portuguese wing wizard about allegedly cheating for his controversial penalty winner against Middlesbrough in Monday's FA Cup clash.

The fiery Scot's off-camera rant was so loud a BBC interview with Boro chief Gareth Southgate had to be abandoned.

The Sun has published a transcript of what was recorded:

SHREEVES: "I asked him . . . "
FERGUSON: "F*****g (inaudible) bastard."
S: "Don't talk to me like that."
F: "F**k off to you."
S: "Don't talk to me like that. Don't even think about it."
F: "Don't you think about it, you ****. F**k off. Right?"
S: "Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?"
F: "You f*****g be professional. You be professional. You're the one."
S: "I'm entitled to ask . . . . Cristiano gave the right answer."
F: "F*****g hell with your answers."
S: "Don't talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don't talk to me like that."
F: "F**k off." (door slams).

What are the scum going to do now? First they ban the BBC, are they now going to ban sky as well?
desertscouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 21-03-07, 08:49 AM   #2
Howard_lfc
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertscouser View Post

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson launched a terrible hairdryer blast at a Sky TV reporter after taking issue over his interview with Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of Monday night's FA Cup replay victory over Middlesbrough.
The Sun says Fergie called Sky's Geoff Shreeves a 'f*****g bastard' and told him to 'f**k off'.

Ferguson was furious with Shreeves for questioning his Portuguese wing wizard about allegedly cheating for his controversial penalty winner against Middlesbrough in Monday's FA Cup clash.

The fiery Scot's off-camera rant was so loud a BBC interview with Boro chief Gareth Southgate had to be abandoned.

S: "Listen, are you going to do the interview in a professional manner or not? Do you want to do it or not?"
S: "Don't talk to me like that. Go away. If you want to behave civilly, fine. Don't talk to me like that."

What are the scum going to do now? First they ban the BBC, are they now going to ban sky as well?
See my quotes in the Ronaldo thread about this. Jeff Shreeves was out of order.
Old 21-03-07, 01:50 PM   #3
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:

What a sad c*nt. I don't think Shreeves was out of order at all. Ronaldo dived. We're all told "oooh it's a part of the game now" so therefore Shreeves is entitled to ask him about it.

If you can't take the flak, don't cheat. It's simple.
Old 21-03-07, 03:20 PM   #4
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

Quote:

Fair play to Shreeves.
It's about time someone stood up to that ****. He thinks just because Blair made him "Sir Alex" he can treat people how he wants. A knight of the realm shouldn't be behaving like that and he needs taking down a peg or two.
"A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy,which is the sign of a weak government"
Red Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-07, 03:31 PM   #5
Slim
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso View Post

What a sad c*nt. I don't think Shreeves was out of order at all. Ronaldo dived. We're all told "oooh it's a part of the game now" so therefore Shreeves is entitled to ask him about it.

If you can't take the flak, don't cheat. It's simple.
Couldn't agree more Shreeves was only doing his job and is perfectly entitled to ask Ronaldo about, what turned out to be, the game's major incident. If Ronaldo was able to handle it, then why not Fergie.

The twat.
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-07, 03:42 PM   #6
Dhav
Telamonian Ajax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chilli View Post
Fair play to Shreeves.
It's about time someone stood up to that ****. He thinks just because Blair made him "Sir Alex" he can treat people how he wants. A knight of the realm shouldn't be behaving like that and he needs taking down a peg or two.

Too many people pander to the drunk and don't ask him the hard questions, or cower down to some of his responses. Shreeves might be a simpleton but at least he stood up to Demento and didn't bow down before him like so many others do.

Purslow = C*nt
Dhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-07, 05:34 PM   #7
anfieldanfield
I am the Walrus

Shreeves was just doing his job.

Ronaldo is a dive and cheat, as has been proven MANY times before.

Fergie is such a twat. It would make my summer if they ended up with nothing this season.
anfieldanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-07, 05:51 PM   #8
Ron_Mexico
Fagan

its the way united are under ferguson, they try to bully everyone

especially refs, but lately it seems fergies expanded on to the press

there's been 4 penalties for opposing teams at old toilet in the premiership since 1992. says it all really
Ron_Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-07, 06:05 PM   #9
Milan_Milan
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Mexico View Post
its the way united are under ferguson, they try to bully everyone

especially refs, but lately it seems fergies expanded on to the press

there's been 4 penalties for opposing teams at old toilet in the premiership since 1992. says it all really
I dislike Ferguson as much as the next man, but lets not talk rubbish and conform to a bitter stereotype. There must have been at least 11 or 12 penalties for away sides at OT in the premiership.
Milan_Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-07, 06:17 PM   #10
CharlieMansonsSquint
Kuyt's jilted lover

He's a 65 year old with the mental age of a 7 year old.
Old 21-03-07, 06:26 PM   #11
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan_Milan View Post
I dislike Ferguson as much as the next man, but lets not talk rubbish and conform to a bitter stereotype. There must have been at least 11 or 12 penalties for away sides at OT in the premiership.
No there hasn't. Ron was right. It's four.

And for years the figure was one - the famous one when Andy D'Urso got hunted down by the snarling Keane and the other morons was the first one awarded against them at OT in the Prem.
Old 21-03-07, 06:35 PM   #12
notblue
Souness

Two points:
1 - If some journo implied/asserted that one of our lads dived, would you expect the manager to give a polite response? In this case though, I think Slur Alex was defending the indefensible and that's why he lost it.

2 - Woodgate says Winker is NOT a diver. Where has Woodgate been all this time? Or, is his statment a veiled job application to ManU? Even if the latest incident was not a dive, Winker has earned his reputation.

notblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-07, 06:49 PM   #13
Milan_Milan
Benitez

http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/...995468,00.html

Says it was 5 to may 03. There have been what, 3 this year?

Edit:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/...984768,00.html

Says it was 5 to may 03 as well.
Old 21-03-07, 06:50 PM   #14
Milan_Milan
Benitez

Danny Murphy '04 as well. Surprised you've forgotten that one.
Old 21-03-07, 07:04 PM   #15
Ron_Mexico
Fagan

Quote:
http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/...995468,00.html

Says it was 5 to may 03. There have been what, 3 this year?

Edit:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/...984768,00.html

Says it was 5 to may 03 as well.
what a big difference from 4

but you get the point, i'm not bitter, just observant. watch the scum in action. watch the reaction of the coaches and players when a decision doesnt go their way. watch the way they crowd the ref or opposing players who dare to tackle one of their players. theyve been doing it for years and it seems to work. the stats back it up and the latest example against boro involved rooney staying on the pitch when he should have gone TWICE
Old 21-03-07, 07:10 PM   #16
Milan_Milan
Benitez

Quote:
what a big difference from 4

but you get the point, i'm not bitter, just observant. watch the scum in action. watch the reaction of the coaches and players when a decision doesnt go their way. watch the way they crowd the ref or opposing players who dare to tackle one of their players. theyve been doing it for years and it seems to work. the stats back it up and the latest example against boro involved rooney staying on the pitch when he should have gone TWICE
Not disagreeing with you. It does work, that's why Chelsea and Arsenal copied it. Fact is your 'stat' confirmed by someone else was wrong. By 125%. 4 and 9 are quite different.
Old 21-03-07, 07:14 PM   #17
Ron_Mexico
Fagan

Quote:
Not disagreeing with you. It does work, that's why Chelsea and Arsenal copied it. Fact is your 'stat' confirmed by someone else was wrong. By 125%. 4 and 9 are quite different.
i got it from a second hand source i cant be arsed to look that shit up

4 and 9 are not so different when theyre put in context. those 9 pens are spread over 14 years

Last edited by Ron_Mexico; 21-03-07 at 07:18 PM.
Old 21-03-07, 07:36 PM   #18
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
i got it from a second hand source i cant be arsed to look that shit up

4 and 9 are not so different when theyre put in context. those 9 pens are spread over 14 years
Indeed. I could've sworn I heard a month or so ago they've had four, but obviously not.

Still, not fucking many is it. Less than one per season, which is ridiculous - and they went years without having one awarded against them.
Old 21-03-07, 08:06 PM   #19
Ron_Mexico
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso View Post
Indeed. I could've sworn I heard a month or so ago they've had four, but obviously not.

Still, not fucking many is it. Less than one per season, which is ridiculous - and they went years without having one awarded against them.
sorry for the misinformation, but i've heard 4 so many times i just accepted that it was true.

i dont think stats always tell the whole story, but in this case they do. i've heard it from supporters of other clubs so it's not a case of bitterness as Milan_Milan suggested. the lack of pens go hand in hand with their bullying style. i know saying bullying makes me sound soft but i couldnt think of another word
Old 21-03-07, 08:30 PM   #20
CharlieMansonsSquint
Kuyt's jilted lover

Quote:

Translation:

Shreeves: I'm a tubby ginger bastard with my tonge firmly up Richard Keys arse.

Ferguson: DRINK.........................GIRLS............... ...........DRINK.............
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird

est1892 > Football > General Football