It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 23-01-20, 11:30 PM   #6201
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

This Hendo 2.0 version is something special
Old 23-01-20, 11:35 PM   #6202
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah. That CL league win has given him unbelievable belief and he is dominating midfields.

He and big Fab plus one will be great in the CL.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 11:38 PM   #6203
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
I thought he was better than Virg tonight. A goal and an assist and much mopping up
Sorry. My shite English.

I meant to say he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch bar... Troare and Virgil.

He was easily my Motm.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 11:44 PM   #6204
baitman
Daddy day care

A great performance tonight, put some miles on them boots, covered every bit of grass.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 11:53 PM   #6205
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Sorry. My shite English.

I meant to say he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch bar... Troare and Virgil.

He was easily my Motm.
I'm with you. They were close and no one else got close
Old 23-01-20, 11:59 PM   #6206
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
I'm with you. They were close and no one else got close
Kinda
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 12:02 AM   #6207
Exiled_red
Paisley

Not long ago alot of people were saying he should have passed the armband to VVD, does anyone still think that now?
Old 24-01-20, 12:05 AM   #6208
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Not long ago alot of people were saying he should have passed the armband to VVD, does anyone still think that now?
He's changed, he's become stronger and more influencial.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 12:15 AM   #6209
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:

He's turned into a proper leader. A proper moany bastard bastard as well, which is a great thing to see IMO. Moaning at the ref, berating players not doing their job etc.
Add in the fact he's been turning in some excellent performances as well as a real consistency to his game, and we're going to have a deserved title winning captain.
Absolutely delighted for him.
Old 24-01-20, 12:42 AM   #6210
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
This Hendo 2.0 version is something special
Yep indeed he is.
Old 24-01-20, 01:38 AM   #6211
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

No one's laughing at this now -

Old 24-01-20, 04:16 AM   #6212
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

He's fucking class.

Goal and assist tonight. Next level
Old 24-01-20, 10:15 AM   #6213
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

The praise keeps growing.

He has developed into the ultimate captain. Delivers bollockings when necessary. But also leads by example. No one works harder, no shirt will be more drenched in sweat. He has the respect of the manager and embodies his plan on the pitch. He is begining to get the respect he deserves from the terraces which is great because of all the players we have, he is the only one who knows how bad it was (Roy). His career has been as hard work as it has been for the club to get into this position we find ourselves in.

And then we seem to have such a harmonious squad. Thats in a big way down to him too.

He will be the perfect player to lift the trophy.

Quote:
Jordan Henderson shows why he may be Liverpool’s most important player of all

Roberto Firmino’s winner at Wolves grabbed the headlines but Liverpool’s captain was, yet again, an immense figure

Sachin Nakrani at Molineux

As the final whistle blew on a cold and misty night in the Midlands, Liverpool’s players allowed themselves a moment to congregate in the centre of the pitch and celebrate yet another win. Backs were patted, hugs were exchanged and, not surprisingly, breaths were caught after what was the league leaders’ toughest assignment of the season so far. But one man in red was not there, for he had walked to the far side of the pitch to acknowledge the 3,000-plus travelling supporters who had made the trip here. In turn they saluted him, and rightly so. He was not only their captain but also the main reason this proved to be another joyous occasion for their side.

Jordan Henderson was outstanding here, scoring his side’s first goal, assisting their second and in general performing with a level of authority, commitment and skill that continues to mark him out as arguably Liverpool’s most important player right now. That may seem an absurd assessment given those he has around him, most notably Alisson, Virgil van Dijk, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Roberto Firmino, all of whom contributed in their own ways to this triumph, but neither is it outlandish to suggest that without Henderson, Liverpool would be a notably diminished outfit. They may still be top by a distance, but they may well not be looking at a campaign in which they can not only clinch that long-awaited title but also achieve invincibility.

Seriously, he is that good, and has been for some time. Indeed, it is hard to remember the last occasion that all those old doubts and uncertainties about Henderson’s top-level credentials came to the fore. Opposition fans no longer have a stick to beat him with, and the angst that use to grip Anfield whenever discussions took place regarding Henderson’s suitability as Steven Gerrard’s successor has all but vanished. The current captain is not, and never will be, as great as the old one, but in his own right he is some leader and some talent.

That was evident throughout this contest, starting with the manner in which he gave Liverpool the lead after eight minutes – a header that was as powerful as it was accurate – to the way in which he controlled the tempo of their play from a deep-lying midfield role. Most crucially of all, he kept those around him focused on the job in hand, when they were largely on top in the first half and then after the break when Wolves performed with a level of intensity and purpose that for a while looked as if it was going to overwhelm their opponents and bring about what would have been their first league defeat in 386 days.

Watching Henderson in the flesh it really is noticeable how much he communicates with his teammates. He is constantly talking to them, constantly telling them where to be and where to go and, when required, handing out a good old-fashioned bollocking. This was the case on 27 minutes when he told Alexander-Arnold in no uncertain terms to drop back after a Liverpool attack had broken down.

“He played an unbelievable game tonight,” said Jürgen Klopp. “He was really shouting at everybody, keeping everybody on their toes, but it’s not just about shouting, it’s about what you say and he only asks for things he expects from himself.”

Of that there is little doubt, for this is a player who has gone on a journey of dogged self-improvement ever since he joined Liverpool in June 2011. Having led the side to Champions League glory last season Henderson is now, as Klopp said himself on the eve of this game, able to let his “natural quality” shine. That is particularly evident in his range of passing: short and quick, long and searching, he can do the lot. He showed that throughout this contest, most tellingly with the perfectly weighted delivery to Firmino on 84 minutes that led to the Brazilian cancelling out Raúl Jiménez’s equaliser with a thumping close-range strike.

It is now a remarkable 14 league wins in a row for Liverpool, which in turn has re-established their 16-point lead over Manchester City in this most one-sided of title races. Barring a truly spectacular collapse they will be champions and, with 15 fixtures remaining, the likelihood of them also ‘doing an Arsenal 2004’ and finishing the season unbeaten appears increasingly likely.

For Wolves came as close as anybody has this campaign to defeating Liverpool, with Adama Traoré yet again their most eye-catching threat, assisting Jiménez’s goal and increasingly forcing the visitors, who had been weakened by Sadio Mané’s withdrawal in the first half with a suspected hamstring injury, into retreat. But ultimately Liverpool stood firm and prevailed, their resilience and quality on this most testing of occasions personified by the man who deservedly remains on course to hoist the Premier League trophy in a matter of weeks: Jordan Brian Henderson.

As Klopp went on to say: “We couldn’t be in this situation without this type of character.”
Old 24-01-20, 10:36 AM   #6214
gratziani
Dalglish

Hendo beast of a performance

What a man to fight back to the level he has got.
gratziani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 10:54 AM   #6215
The_weatherman
Smug

Feel like a total arsehole having had doubts about him, the man just keeps stepping up and leading the team, love it! Probably the best captain in the league at least.
Old 24-01-20, 12:40 PM   #6216
Liverpool
Paisley

I'd love him to score a screamer at the kop end to wrap it up, him or Gini
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 12:46 PM   #6217
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_weatherman View Post
Feel like a total arsehole having had doubts about him, the man just keeps stepping up and leading the team, love it! Probably the best captain in the league at least.
Nah....Hendo has brought his game to another level..... a few years ago, he was a 6 or 7 out of ten in most aspects of a midfielders game but he has brought everything up to 8 or 9 now.

Also, I think he is becoming more and more influential because all of his teammates have been coached so well for 2 or 3 years now. So when everyone brings their game up a percent or two, Henderson is even better at dictating the play.

What is fuckin crackers is that Southgate made Harry Kane the captain of England ahead of Henderson. Was that a London thing? Feckin crazy though. The talking that Henderson does across the field is immense.

He is in the form of his life. And seems a sound fella too.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 01:07 PM   #6218
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Kane will be out for a while so Hendo will be the England captain too
Old 25-01-20, 08:03 AM   #6219
Exiled_red
Paisley

Who gives a shit about England.
Old 25-01-20, 08:06 AM   #6220
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Who gives a shit about England.
Jordan Henderson.
Old 25-01-20, 11:37 PM   #6221
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 26-01-20, 12:14 AM   #6222
DeanoUK
Dalglish

He’s had such a great season. Sheesh that first cross in that vid is awesome.
DeanoUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-20, 11:48 PM   #6223
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I reckon Hendo is the best player in the League right now.

He seems to have broken through the Matrix, he see's everything. Tackling, passing long and short, forwards, backwards, sideways. He never gives the ball away. He is an absolute monster right now.

Player of the year for me and that is in some impressive company.
Old 30-01-20, 12:20 AM   #6224
Jas
Fagan

He’s not afraid of letting players know when they mess up either, proper captain material.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 12:22 AM   #6225
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

FFS, my neighbour is still banging on about 5m sideways passes making the numbers look better.

Their house is up for sale, I think I'd rather live next door to a knowledgeable Chelsea fan than this!
Old 30-01-20, 12:25 AM   #6226
Liverpool
Paisley

I think he's got a really good chance of winning football writers award
Old 30-01-20, 01:07 AM   #6227
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

It would cap a remarkable professional peak in the eyes of fans and people in the game.
Old 30-01-20, 01:58 AM   #6228
Sus
Benitez

Quote:
FFS, my neighbour is still banging on about 5m sideways passes making the numbers look better.

Their house is up for sale, I think I'd rather live next door to a knowledgeable Chelsea fan than this!
Why are you watching the game with your neighbour?
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 06:53 AM   #6229
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Would absolutely love it if Hendo got player of the year. I cannot remember such a turnaround in a player.
Old 30-01-20, 08:28 AM   #6230
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
Why are you watching the game with your neighbour?
I didn't, I texted him after the game.

He's a Liverpool fan believe it or not and struggles to say anything good about Hendo, always referring to him as 'a shit Steven Gerrard'
Old 30-01-20, 08:31 AM   #6231
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
I didn't, I texted him after the game.

He's a Liverpool fan believe it or not and struggles to say anything good about Hendo, always referring to him as 'a shit Steven Gerrard'
So he annoys you, yet you initiate conversation? So, when he moves out, will you continue to text him after games?

Sounds like a self created issue.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-20, 08:40 AM   #6232
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:

Is that not a contradiction in terms
Old 30-01-20, 08:52 AM   #6233
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
So he annoys you, yet you initiate conversation? So, when he moves out, will you continue to text him after games?

Sounds like a self created issue.
Good thinking, hard to argue with that

Quote:
Is that not a contradiction in terms
Yeah, I nearly said Utd fan. I've a Spurs one the other side and he's alright and then 2 doors either side is a Liverpool and a Chelsea. Maybe a Gooner would be better thinking about it
Old 30-01-20, 08:59 AM   #6234
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
I think he's even got a chance of the PFA award.
Old 30-01-20, 09:08 AM   #6235
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
Thought the same last night. He won't win the PFA (KDB imo, vote will be split on our players), but he'll win the FWA. The journos love a good story and he is exactly that.
Old 30-01-20, 09:41 AM   #6236
SB
Paisley

Fantastic performance again. Happy to continue to eat humble pie.
Old 01-02-20, 07:40 PM   #6237
Liverpool
Paisley

When do the players vote for PFA award?

Noticeable he took loads of time to speak to all their players at full time buttering them up
Old 01-02-20, 11:42 PM   #6238
dom9
Ant Pisser

Alan Shearer's player of the year, on MOTD
Old 01-02-20, 11:46 PM   #6239
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Alan Shearer's player of the year, on MOTD
Shearer is a big reason I've stopped watching MotD. As great as Henderson has been this season he isn't even top three category at Liverpool. VvD, Mane and TAA.
Old 01-02-20, 11:48 PM   #6240
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Shearer is a big reason I've stopped watching MotD. As great as Henderson has been this season he isn't even top three category at Liverpool. VvD, Mane and TAA.
I just watch it for the highlights.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC