It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 08-09-20, 10:32 AM   #6441
Alex
Administrator

I think you are seeing what you want to in the guy there.

He clearly isn't the pantomime villain that the media have painted him. He probably also isn't the good guy that this paints him. But he seems decent enough for me to flip my opinion of him.

What reaction do people expect him to have when getting the news that his 2 best players are out for months? High Fives?
Old 08-09-20, 10:42 AM   #6442
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post

He clearly isn't the pantomime villain that the media have painted him. He probably also isn't the good guy that this paints him. But he seems decent enough for me to flip my opinion of him.

What reaction do people expect him to have when getting the news that his 2 best players are out for months? High Fives?
Not that he should play on regardless of medical advice.

Same fella who had Camerio leave the club with a pay off.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 10:44 AM   #6443
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:

I'm not seeing what I want, just literally what's being shown

It wasn't just when he was getting the bad news either, it was with pretty much every interaction, minor updates on other players, recommending Son has a scan (before they knew how serious it was).

He's all comradery with everyone else, but apparent disdain for a doctor just doing his job.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 10:48 AM   #6444
Alex
Administrator

I think you are just seeing the bad guy you wanna see. Rather than a person reacting to things as they are shown to him.
Old 08-09-20, 10:54 AM   #6445
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
I think you are just seeing the bad guy you wanna see. Rather than a person reacting to things as they are shown to him.
I think you’re making assumptions. I don’t actually ‘want’ to see him as anything in particular. I liked him in the first few episodes. I’m just reacting to what I’m being shown. Of course on balance, we are only seeing snap shots.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 11:47 AM   #6446
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

All or Nothing, in this instance, should just have been called Nothing
Old 08-09-20, 12:37 PM   #6447
wiw
Paisley

Hardly surprising that he's being likeable or charismatic with a camera in his face. Not to say he isn't likeable or charismatic All of his ex-players seem to mostly love him (save for the ones that hate him) but if anyone could turn on the charm in front of a camera, it's surely him
Old 08-09-20, 12:38 PM   #6448
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Anyone watched the documentary yet?

I've been really enjoying it - and what a revelation Mourinho is. Completely different to his public persona, and genuinely likeable.

As for Kane's motivational speeches though

"Fackin chances, goals"

https://twitter.com/THIAGO_I6I/statu...42673924796417
Right up there with these two.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 01:22 PM   #6449
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Shaggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 04:09 PM   #6450
baitman
Daddy day care

That guy right in front of the motivator in ths second video, staring at him...

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 08:12 PM   #6451
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw View Post
Hardly surprising that he's being likeable or charismatic with a camera in his face. Not to say he isn't likeable or charismatic All of his ex-players seem to mostly love him (save for the ones that hate him) but if anyone could turn on the charm in front of a camera, it's surely him
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-20, 10:51 PM   #6452
dom9
Ant Pisser

Old 14-09-20, 11:43 PM   #6453
Mr Pink
Houllier

Hahha makes about as much sense as Kane’s team talks
Old 15-09-20, 06:21 AM   #6454
Irishnev
Shankly

He always elevates these happenings

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 06:46 AM   #6455
Fivex
The Wisp

Old 15-09-20, 09:25 AM   #6456
labourRed
Shankly

Show somewhat pettered out but all in all, great TV.
Old 15-09-20, 09:45 AM   #6457
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Credit to who ever makes the show, because they have turned one of the dullest most anti-climatic seasons in the history of football into a fairy watchable show.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 10:44 AM   #6458
Alex
Administrator

Watched the Pandemic episode yesterday and that was pretty interesting. But its such a dull end to the season for Spurs, that I cant see the final one being any cop.
Old 15-09-20, 07:33 PM   #6459
Irishnev
Shankly

Can someone post the full story please

Old 15-09-20, 07:49 PM   #6460
Irishnev
Shankly

Old 15-09-20, 07:57 PM   #6461
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Can someone post the full story please

https://twitter.com/telefootball/sta...35302696071170
You can use Liverpool's flight mode trick to get round the pay wall., unless it's a UK only thing.

-------------------

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy is trying to find a way of re-signing Gareth Bale in a move that could see Real Madrid attempt to take Dele Alli as part of what would constitute the most eye-catching deal of the transfer window.

Bale, for the first time, is prepared to consider a return to the Premier League and Levy could yet face competition from Manchester United, who are also considering making the Welshman an offer.

Telegraph Sport understands one proposal that would interest Real is for Bale to return to Tottenham on loan, paying 50 per cent of his wages, with Alli moving in the opposite direction and Real paying 100 per cent of his salary.

The complicated deal would mean that Spurs would re-sign Bale and pay him £300,000-a-week, £150,000-a-week of which would be financed by the saving made on Alli's wages. It would leave open the question of what happened to both players at the end of this season - although that would be shaped by their performances over the next eight months.

Another possibility is for both players to make permanent moves, but that would likely require Real having to pay a fee for Alli as he is seven years younger than 31-year-old Bale and still has four years remaining on his Spurs contract.

Real and Tottenham have already been in negotiations regarding left-back Sergio Reguilon, who now looks set to move to North London on a permanent transfer.

Whether or not Levy could pull off some sort of ambitious swap deal involving Bale and Alli remains to be seen, but, while rated as difficult, the possibility is believed to currently remain open with Tottenham and Real believed to share a will to reach some sort of agreement.

Bale would consider leaving Real on loan, something that the player has always previously dismissed, if a permanent transfer cannot be negotiated.

The emotional pull of returning to Tottenham, where he became one of the most popular players in the club’s history, could hand Levy an advantage if he can somehow make the finances work.

Bale has previously not entertained a return to England, but he now feels the time might be right to play the final years of his career out in the Premier League and leave behind the non-stop criticism he has faced in Madrid over the past couple of years.

Sources claim that Levy is obsessed by the idea of getting Bale back to Tottenham, although he would want to know that Mourinho was on board with such a big and complicated signing.

Bale spent six seasons at Tottenham, scoring 55 goals, before joining Real for a then world record £85m in 2013 and he went on to win four Champions League titles and two La Ligas with the Spaniards.

Allowing Alli to join Real, who have enquired about the England international on more than one occasion, and adding Bale to the Tottenham squad may solve a potential issue for all parties.

Alli was substituted at half-time in Tottenham’s opening Premier League defeat to Everton after which Mourinho accused his team of being lazy.

Mourinho described Alli as being lazy in the club’s much-hyped documentary, in which Levy also acknowledged that the player was struggling to show his best form.

But it was Alli who scored some vital goals for Tottenham last season following the arrival of Mourinho and he played an important role in the club eventually securing a place in the Europa League.

Mourinho’s half-time substitution of the player last Sunday raised fears that Alli faces a battle to play regularly under the Portuguese this season, which would harm his prospects of regaining his England place in time for next summer’s European Championships.

While Levy needs no convincing that re-signing Bale would be a good move, United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would want assurances that the former Southampton youngster would relish the challenge of moving to Old Trafford.

Bale is seen as a realistic alternative target to Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho and United believe he could be a big asset to the squad with his ability to play anywhere across a front three and his experience of winning the biggest competitions.
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 08:01 PM   #6462
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

What vital goals has Dele Alli ever scored?
Old 15-09-20, 08:10 PM   #6463
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I dunno mate. I copy and pasted it from the telegraph.
Old 15-09-20, 08:28 PM   #6464
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
I dunno mate. I copy and pasted it from the telegraph.
It’s #fakenews

I feel quite up to date on Spurs having watched that documentary. I recall a monumental number of defeats. A couple of early Mourning o wins with Alli scoring but crucial goals??? I don’t think so.

I did get the feeling that Mourinho might not be a big fan though. The word lazy cropped up a few times.
Old 15-09-20, 09:18 PM   #6465
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
You can use Liverpool's flight mode trick to get round the pay wall., unless it's a UK only thing.

-------------------

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy is trying to find a way of re-signing Gareth Bale in a move that could see Real Madrid attempt to take Dele Alli as part of what would constitute the most eye-catching deal of the transfer window.

Bale, for the first time, is prepared to consider a return to the Premier League and Levy could yet face competition from Manchester United, who are also considering making the Welshman an offer.

Telegraph Sport understands one proposal that would interest Real is for Bale to return to Tottenham on loan, paying 50 per cent of his wages, with Alli moving in the opposite direction and Real paying 100 per cent of his salary.

The complicated deal would mean that Spurs would re-sign Bale and pay him £300,000-a-week, £150,000-a-week of which would be financed by the saving made on Alli's wages. It would leave open the question of what happened to both players at the end of this season - although that would be shaped by their performances over the next eight months.

Another possibility is for both players to make permanent moves, but that would likely require Real having to pay a fee for Alli as he is seven years younger than 31-year-old Bale and still has four years remaining on his Spurs contract.

Real and Tottenham have already been in negotiations regarding left-back Sergio Reguilon, who now looks set to move to North London on a permanent transfer.

Whether or not Levy could pull off some sort of ambitious swap deal involving Bale and Alli remains to be seen, but, while rated as difficult, the possibility is believed to currently remain open with Tottenham and Real believed to share a will to reach some sort of agreement.

Bale would consider leaving Real on loan, something that the player has always previously dismissed, if a permanent transfer cannot be negotiated.

The emotional pull of returning to Tottenham, where he became one of the most popular players in the club’s history, could hand Levy an advantage if he can somehow make the finances work.

Bale has previously not entertained a return to England, but he now feels the time might be right to play the final years of his career out in the Premier League and leave behind the non-stop criticism he has faced in Madrid over the past couple of years.

Sources claim that Levy is obsessed by the idea of getting Bale back to Tottenham, although he would want to know that Mourinho was on board with such a big and complicated signing.

Bale spent six seasons at Tottenham, scoring 55 goals, before joining Real for a then world record £85m in 2013 and he went on to win four Champions League titles and two La Ligas with the Spaniards.

Allowing Alli to join Real, who have enquired about the England international on more than one occasion, and adding Bale to the Tottenham squad may solve a potential issue for all parties.

Alli was substituted at half-time in Tottenham’s opening Premier League defeat to Everton after which Mourinho accused his team of being lazy.

Mourinho described Alli as being lazy in the club’s much-hyped documentary, in which Levy also acknowledged that the player was struggling to show his best form.

But it was Alli who scored some vital goals for Tottenham last season following the arrival of Mourinho and he played an important role in the club eventually securing a place in the Europa League.

Mourinho’s half-time substitution of the player last Sunday raised fears that Alli faces a battle to play regularly under the Portuguese this season, which would harm his prospects of regaining his England place in time for next summer’s European Championships.

While Levy needs no convincing that re-signing Bale would be a good move, United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would want assurances that the former Southampton youngster would relish the challenge of moving to Old Trafford.

Bale is seen as a realistic alternative target to Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho and United believe he could be a big asset to the squad with his ability to play anywhere across a front three and his experience of winning the biggest competitions.
Thanks
Old 15-09-20, 10:19 PM   #6466
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I suspect he's won them some important penalties
Old 16-09-20, 04:28 PM   #6467
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Finished watching this last night.

Quite amusing this was under the 'All or nothing' banner. Utter mediocrity.

Things I liked:
  • Tom Hardy doing his Bane voice for the voice over throughout.
  • Danny Rose "any word from Milan"
  • All of the pre match motivational speeches basically variations on "Lets fucking win this". Even Lloris version just the same without the swearing.
  • Son Heung-min

Things I found curious:
  • Daniel Levy, a carisma vacuum.
  • Too much purple
  • The fact that they had so much riding on the last game of the season. This passed me by completely.
  • NFL changing rooms
  • Harry Kane

Overall, it was interesting to see 'behind the scenes' but ultimately just a totally boring season.

When the highlight of your season is the introduction of a pandemic, then you've probably got problems.
Old 16-09-20, 04:34 PM   #6468
Zapater
Dalglish

I watched the first 2 episodes last night based on the recommendations on here. My favourite bit so far was when Mourinho's assistant reported that he had discovered that Sissoko was a major influence on the dressing room and Mourinho in shock replied 'fuck me' So much for not having preconceived ideas about players and giving everyone a chance neutrally.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-20, 04:42 PM   #6469
labourRed
Shankly

I enjoyed it. A medicore or rather, a failure of a season, from a team that needs top four is interesting in itself.

I wonder how many times Mourinho writes the team out during a season (the size of that template paper), plus who the fuck doesn't have a computer in their office.

My highlight was probably Rose asking about Milan as well. loads of interesting little asides like how the opposition are listed with their height, something we know Mourinho is quite obsessive with.

Last edited by labourRed; 16-09-20 at 04:45 PM.
Old 16-09-20, 04:52 PM   #6470
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
I enjoyed it. A medicore or rather, a failure of a season, from a team that needs top four is interesting in itself.

I wonder how many times Mourinho writes the team out during a season (the size of that template paper), plus who the fuck doesn't have a computer in their office.

My highlight was probably Rose asking about Milan as well. loads of interesting little asides like how the opposition are listed with their height, something we know Mourinho is quite obsessive with.

That seems to be the job, his office is just endless preprinted notepads and charts for him to write out endless team formations. It looked almost OCD.

There must be more to it... Anyone can do that...???

I enjoyed it also.

And am glad Klopp is 100% against an LFC one. Because, no matter how fascinating, there is such a car crash nature to these things. Like Brendans three envelopes its all just a bit too close to excutiating.

It was interesting to see how the handled lockdown tbf. And that Levy was 100% behind finishing the season.
Old 16-09-20, 05:58 PM   #6471
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:

That seems to be the job, his office is just endless preprinted notepads and charts for him to write out endless team formations. It looked almost OCD.

There must be more to it... Anyone can do that...???

I enjoyed it also.

And am glad Klopp is 100% against an LFC one. Because, no matter how fascinating, there is such a car crash nature to these things. Like Brendans three envelopes its all just a bit too close to excutiating.

It was interesting to see how the handled lockdown tbf. And that Levy was 100% behind finishing the season.
Old 16-09-20, 10:48 PM   #6472
labourRed
Shankly

Bale for £13m for a season loan. Mad to think that's only half his wages.

Anyway, it'll be good to see him in the PL - better than wasting his career at Real.

Bit of a gamble, that he stays fit with absolutely no resale. They'll be hoping he helps bride the gap to getting CL football.
Old 17-09-20, 06:53 AM   #6473
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Detest the monkey faced twat & his indefensibly trademarked celebration. Hopefully be spectacularly cleaned out by a clogger early doors.
Old 17-09-20, 08:10 AM   #6474
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-20, 09:01 PM   #6475
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Detest the monkey faced twat & his indefensibly trademarked celebration. Hopefully be spectacularly cleaned out by a clogger early doors.
Amen to that
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-20, 10:10 PM   #6476
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Old 18-09-20, 06:31 AM   #6477
peekay
Dr.

Quote:
:
I am also happy we don't have anything like this now. But would love to watch Klopp interacting with the players, giving team speeches etc. It would be proper box office.
peekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 04:11 PM   #6478
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I hadnt realised Spurs had signed an injured Gareth Bale. Not available until well into October.
Old 21-09-20, 04:20 PM   #6479
Fivex
The Wisp

Actually injured or just not needed to have been match fit for the best part of 2 years?
Old 21-09-20, 04:31 PM   #6480
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Actually injured or just not needed to have been match fit for the best part of 2 years?
Injured playing for Wales last month apparently.

est1892 > Football > General Football