It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 15-05-13, 10:18 PM   #8761
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Think they need to make a few signings though
No way Jose will be coming in without the promise of big money to spend.

They don't need much maybe a decent holding CM a wide midfielder and another striker.

Schurle will be a good addition.
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 10:19 PM   #8762
SERVO2
Benitez

@OllieHolt22: Fair play to the Chelsea fans here in the stadium. Benitez standing alone with the trophy and they are applauding him.

WTF - fair play really!!!! OMG!
SERVO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 10:20 PM   #8763
RichC
Meh

I wonder if City might be on the phone
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 10:20 PM   #8764
Daniel 7
Heretic

Oh, fair play for being hypocritical cunts applauding him now they have had a trophy out of him?
Daniel 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 10:21 PM   #8765
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcasemore View Post
I wonder if City might be on the phone
Think Pellegrini is nailed on for that one.

PSG though
Old 15-05-13, 10:22 PM   #8766
SERVO2
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 7 View Post
Oh, fair play for being hypocritical cunts applauding him now they have had a trophy out of him?
I nearly had to figure out how to reply to him to vocalise my disgust!!!

Bastards all of them... Except Rafa obviously!!!
SERVO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 10:24 PM   #8767
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Tbh I still think there is a chance of been offered a contract extension.
Old 15-05-13, 10:24 PM   #8768
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

He would be brilliant at City.
Old 15-05-13, 10:26 PM   #8769
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigey View Post
I agree but no chance IMO. Incredibly he'd get about as nice a reception from them as he did Chelsea fans.
Old 15-05-13, 10:28 PM   #8770
RichC
Meh

That bad, really? You'd think they'd love him seeing as how much he got under dementos skin
Old 15-05-13, 10:30 PM   #8771
spud_gun
Paisley

You'd like to think that if Roman and his advisers have been keeping an eye on the events at Madrid over the last few months they'd have taken note of just how much of a cunt Jose has been. They may decided to stick with Rafa as Jose may simply not be worth the expense and the hassle. I'd like for nothing more than to see Jose without a club in 2013/14 season.
Old 15-05-13, 10:31 PM   #8772
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcasemore View Post
That bad, really? You'd think they'd love him seeing as how much he got under dementos skin
City fans I've spoken to in real life are horrified by it, and did you not see the thread on Bluemoon linked here which was 20 pages of people saying "fuck right off", "I'd rather Barry Fry", or worse.
Old 15-05-13, 10:32 PM   #8773
RichC
Meh

No missed it, fucking hell the number the press have done on him over here is staggering!! Mancini or Rafa, surely no contest
Old 15-05-13, 10:33 PM   #8774
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
City fans I've spoken to in real life are horrified by it, and did you not see the thread on Bluemoon linked here which was 20 pages of people saying "fuck right off", "I'd rather Barry Fry", or worse.
Missed that thread.

Bunch of idiots.
Old 15-05-13, 10:49 PM   #8775
peekay
Dr.

Benitez = guaranteed glorious European nights.

Fact!!!!
peekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-13, 10:49 PM   #8776
Chazza
Des Lynam

Old 15-05-13, 10:59 PM   #8777
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Rafa has made mugs out of those Chelsea wankers, which is nice.
Old 16-05-13, 12:34 AM   #8778
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Rafa has made mugs out of those Chelsea wankers, which is nice.

Gonna be a disaster etc etc etc...........they were very fortunate to have him in the end.
Old 16-05-13, 07:34 AM   #8779
Eric Swindler
Benitez

Agent rafa me arse
Eric Swindler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13, 07:35 AM   #8780
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazza View Post
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13, 07:37 AM   #8781
Vermilion
Shooterista

That's better.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13, 07:38 AM   #8782
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post

That's better.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13, 07:49 AM   #8783
Vermilion
Shooterista

Gutted he had to do it with them, but then again, after the hate some of them have showed him, it makes me chuckle to think he's wrote himself into their clubs history now, he'll always be there in their thoughts, niggling them, for ever!
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13, 08:14 AM   #8784
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post

That's better.
Haha yes it is.

Made up for him but absolutely gutted those Chavs have another European title.
Old 16-05-13, 08:16 AM   #8785
Fredo

We'll get there again chaps. And more.
Old 16-05-13, 08:31 AM   #8786
Arn
Hodgsoned

Quote:
We'll get there again chaps. And more.
Not without a bigger stadium. The main reason Chelsea won isn't Rafa it is money.

We simply need to be able to spend at least £50m net every season.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13, 08:34 AM   #8787
Tee
El Pistolero

We don't need a fixed huge transfer kitty every year, we just need to be able to add genuine quality like Hazard or Mata when they become available. But its a catch 22 situation right now because we definitely still need a large investment in order to crack the top 4 and therefore be able to attract those players.
Old 16-05-13, 08:39 AM   #8788
Arn
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
We don't need a fixed huge transfer kitty every year, we just need to be able to add genuine quality like Hazard or Mata when they become available. But its a catch 22 situation right now because we definitely still need a large investment in order to crack the top 4 and therefore be able to attract those players.
If our manager want a player that would cost for example £40m then we must be able to spend that kind of money and still make other very good signings.

That is simply not possible without a bigger stadium.
Old 16-05-13, 08:53 AM   #8789
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
If our manager want a player that would cost for example £40m then we must be able to spend that kind of money and still make other very good signings.

That is simply not possible without a bigger stadium.
I doubt it would be possible with one.
Old 16-05-13, 09:12 AM   #8790
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Balague claiming Real, PSG and Monaco all considering Rafa and Laudrup...

Quote:
Rafa Benítez and Michael Laudrup considered for Real Madrid, Monaco and PSG

The difficulties Real Madrid is having to finalize the deal with Ancelotti (the lastest twist is that PSG will accept to let the manager go if Madrid lets them negotiate with Ronaldo, the saga will continue) means they are thinking of new possibilities in case the Italian ends up staying at the French club. Other coaches got a call: Juup Heynckes, Rafa Benítez and Michael Laudrup.

Monaco and PSG are also looking for a manager and Benítez and, according to Danish sources, also Laudrup are also in the list. While the Spanish manager is looking for a job (there is also interest from Napoli and two more Italian clubs), Laudrup is expected to stay at Swansea.

It is interesting to see that Chelsea is getting rid of a manager pursued by other big clubs in Europe. The target set by the English club when he signed was a top three position. He added a good cup run to that target. So Benítez delivered what was asked of him and more. The victory in the Europa League doesn't prove that he did a good job -he has impressed players and the board with his dedication and decisions. But in the eyes of some fans, beating Benfica is confirmation that the Spanish coach is one of the top managers in Europe.
http://sulia.com/channel/la-liga/f/b...source=twitter
Old 16-05-13, 09:41 AM   #8791
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Whilst Pellegrini might prove a good manager for them, surely his achievements both in Spain and Europe are eclipsed by Rafa's? Added to the fact that Rafa has PL experience and is settled here, it’s crazy that Pellegrini the stand out candidate and Rafa is ridiculed.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13, 09:50 AM   #8792
Arn
Hodgsoned

Liverpool fans Tweet owner: 'We want Rafa back!'

Liverpool may be flying under Brendan Rodgers, but many supporters still want to see the return of Rafa Benitez.

It cannot have escaped your attention, that Chelsea won the Europa League Final last night, winning 2-1 against Benfica courtesy of a late Branislav Ivanovic winner .

It became the second European trophy Rafa Benitez has won as a manager, the first being Liverpool's famous 2005 Champions League win in Istanbul.

Despite managing Chelsea, he still has a huge affinity among the Liverpool support, with swathes of fans wanting his appointed last summer after Kenny Dalglish left.

And even though Brendan Rodgers has performed steadily in his first season as boss, not all fans have the patience for him to come good, believing Rafa will bring them greater chances of success.

Dozens of them made just that very point last night in the wake of Chelsea's victory - direct to club owner John W Henry, via his Twitter account.

Here is a selection of the messages to illustrate just how passionately sections of the support still feel about their former boss. (We've left out the ones containing foul language).

@john_w_henry get rafa back now
— brad (@bradwilson05) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry hi John, I would like to imply the fact that Rafael Benitez is a good manager, on behalf of all #LFC fans please hire him?
— Callum (@Callum_Ward) May 15, 2013

[email protected]_w_henrytwo words: Get Rafa.
— Jake Redmond (@JakeRedmond17) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry Can we please have Brendan and Rafa as joint mangers next season
— #ThankYouCarra (@DavidChanell_) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry WE WANT RAFA
— John Benson (@JohnBLFC13) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry do you honestly think Rodgers is better than rafa or do you Just want a yes man? ??
— JFT96 (@Nettygeneral) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry That could have been us!! #RAFA #LFC
— Kirsty O'Neill (@injuredturtle) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry #Rafa has won more European trophies than Rodgers has games in Europe. #LFC #CFC @rafabenitezweb
— John Griffo (@JohnGriffo1) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry In case you weren't aware, Rafael Benitez has just won yet another European trophy. The man you didn't even interview. #LFC
— Borini's Teeth(@Borinis_Teeth) May 15, 2013

Congratulations rafa Benitez. Pls come back to lfc. Listen up @john_w_henry
— Emre Tolkien (@yozaribaz) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry we want our Rafa back #reinstateRafa
— Rob Toogood (@RobertToogood) May 15, 2013

Where do you stand? Rafa or Rodgers?

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/05/15/...ant-rafa-back/
Old 16-05-13, 09:52 AM   #8793
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
It became the second European trophy Rafa Benitez has won as a manager, the first being Liverpool's famous 2005 Champions League win in Istanbul.
Er, what?
Old 16-05-13, 09:53 AM   #8794
RedReet

Embarassing.

Old 16-05-13, 09:55 AM   #8795
Arn
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Embarassing.

Old 16-05-13, 10:10 AM   #8796
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Luiz told Sky Sports: "Many people said bad things about him this year, but he is a professional guy with a lot of character and he deserves a title this season. It is fantastic for him.

"He is a fantastic coach, I am so happy with this because he helped me a lot, he taught me many things this year."
Quote:
Azpilicueta added: "Football is like this, life is like this. Sometimes you change the players, you change the manager.

"I am very happy with him because I have played a lot of games and he gave me a lot of confidence.

"Life is meant to carry on, his career will carry on. He tried the best for Chelsea, I am a Chelsea player and I am very happy."
Quote:
Ray Wilkins dismissed Benitez's contribution. "He leaves no legacy and to win this competition was expected. I wouldn't say he's done a good job, certainly not," added Wilkins, before breaking down in tears.
Old 16-05-13, 10:16 AM   #8797
RedReet

Not gonna happen, but would absolutely love if Rafa did get the City job so he could go head to head with Mourinho on a level playing field.

Be priceless after all thier crying for Mourinho for them to finish up empty handed and 'the fat Spanish waiter' to clean up (leaving us the 2 domestic cups of course).
Old 16-05-13, 10:34 AM   #8798
G
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
Liverpool fans Tweet owner: 'We want Rafa back!'

Liverpool may be flying under Brendan Rodgers, but many supporters still want to see the return of Rafa Benitez.

It cannot have escaped your attention, that Chelsea won the Europa League Final last night, winning 2-1 against Benfica courtesy of a late Branislav Ivanovic winner .

Despite managing Chelsea, he still has a huge affinity among the Liverpool support, with swathes of fans wanting his appointed last summer after Kenny Dalglish left.

And even though Brendan Rodgers has performed steadily in his first season as boss, not all fans have the patience for him to come good, believing Rafa will bring them greater chances of success.

Dozens of them made just that very point last night in the wake of Chelsea's victory - direct to club owner John W Henry, via his Twitter account.

Here is a selection of the messages to illustrate just how passionately sections of the support still feel about their former boss. (We've left out the ones containing foul language).

@john_w_henry get rafa back now
— brad (@bradwilson05) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry hi John, I would like to imply the fact that Rafael Benitez is a good manager, on behalf of all #LFC fans please hire him?
— Callum (@Callum_Ward) May 15, 2013

[email protected]_w_henrytwo words: Get Rafa.
— Jake Redmond (@JakeRedmond17) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry Can we please have Brendan and Rafa as joint mangers next season
— #ThankYouCarra (@DavidChanell_) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry WE WANT RAFA
— John Benson (@JohnBLFC13) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry do you honestly think Rodgers is better than rafa or do you Just want a yes man? ??
— JFT96 (@Nettygeneral) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry That could have been us!! #RAFA #LFC
— Kirsty O'Neill (@injuredturtle) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry #Rafa has won more European trophies than Rodgers has games in Europe. #LFC #CFC @rafabenitezweb
— John Griffo (@JohnGriffo1) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry In case you weren't aware, Rafael Benitez has just won yet another European trophy. The man you didn't even interview. #LFC
— Borini's Teeth(@Borinis_Teeth) May 15, 2013

Congratulations rafa Benitez. Pls come back to lfc. Listen up @john_w_henry
— Emre Tolkien (@yozaribaz) May 15, 2013

@john_w_henry we want our Rafa back #reinstateRafa
— Rob Toogood (@RobertToogood) May 15, 2013

Where do you stand? Rafa or Rodgers?

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/05/15/...ant-rafa-back/

Jesus Christ

It will never stop.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13, 10:46 AM   #8799
Fredo

What a fucking cunt Wilkins is. What has he got against Rafa? Cunt.
Old 16-05-13, 10:47 AM   #8800
Chazza
Des Lynam

Nige

est1892 > Football > General Football