It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 06-09-06, 01:00 PM   #1
lfc4ever
But call me Del

Tyson - Vegas Freak Act?

Anyone see Mike "Iron Man" Tyson having to parade as a sideshoe freak act in Vegas just for some $ on SSN recently?

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur28386.cfm

Boy, what a waste of talent & money.

http://news.google.com/news?sourceid...ct&sa=N&tab=wn

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...yson+vegas+act
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 08-09-06, 06:05 AM   #2
Eth
Hodgsoned

And that troll headed promoter is doing just fine....
Eth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-06, 09:12 AM   #3
Paul.S
:: Site Owner ::

Not only did he loose the $300 million (although a recent Sky docu put it closer to $460) but he filed for banrupcy with $30 DEBT!

They rekon his mobile bill at one time was $250,000 a month! Thats impossible, unless they had him on a special "Mike Tyson" plan where the calls were $100 a minute!
Paul.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-06, 09:13 AM   #4
red g
Paisley

watched a biography on him the other day. The biggest waste of talent ever in my eyes.

He would have ruled for twenty years if Gus D'amoto didnt die and King didnt get his hands on him
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-06, 07:10 PM   #5
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g
watched a biography on him the other day. The biggest waste of talent ever in my eyes.

He would have ruled for twenty years if Gus D'amoto didnt die and King didnt get his hands on him
I don't think anything would have saved Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson. Cus may have delayed the inevatible for a few more years but that would have been all.

Mike Tyson really has no one else to blame but himself.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-06, 07:11 PM   #6
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.S
Not only did he loose the $300 million (although a recent Sky docu put it closer to $460) but he filed for banrupcy with $30 DEBT!

They rekon his mobile bill at one time was $250,000 a month! Thats impossible, unless they had him on a special "Mike Tyson" plan where the calls were $100 a minute!
You'll probably find that he was picking the mobile bills up for 40 or 50 of 'his people' and no doubt Don King's 'people' as well.
Old 08-09-06, 09:41 PM   #7
joyno
Fagan

so sad, i followed Tyson's career from when he was teenager via KO and ring magazine and a friend from them mags sending me videos of the then great fighter loved the man to death and thought he was the best pound for pound fighter ever for a fleeting moment i also sadly followed his career as he stared and then jumped over the abyss,if only Jim Jacobs had not met his untimely death maybe Tyson wouldn't have hated the world so much,maybe.
joyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-06, 08:50 PM   #8
carheex
Hodgsoned

all very good posts. it's better to have been at the top and respected as a one of the all time greats.....than to be frank bruno!
carheex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-06, 02:42 PM   #9
spud_gun
Paisley

Just back from Vegas.

As part of Mrs Spud_Gun and i's honeymoon i took her to the Aladdin in order to see 'Iron' Mike's 'training camp' only to find out that he'd packed up shop the previous week

and to think we could have gone to see the white tigers at the Mirage in the time it took us to walk to the Aladdin and hunt for Iron Mike

est1892 > General > General Sports