It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 18-11-20, 05:48 PM   #281
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Regardless of whether or not he was put there in the first place it’s not a sign of support from the EPL.....really not a vote of confidence in one of their own
fuck him

he's utterly shite
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-20, 06:22 PM   #282
BigChief
Paisley

Excellent news after a week of shit news.
Old 18-11-20, 06:24 PM   #283
ChesterDave
Paisley

I bet BlueMoan has exploded into rage about how we always get our own way
Old 18-11-20, 07:51 PM   #284
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
I bet BlueMoan has exploded into rage about how we always get our own way
Ferguson more or less dictated to the PL the refs he didn't want in charge of their games, it's about time something went our way in this regard.
Old 18-11-20, 09:16 PM   #285
baitman
Daddy day care

May dbf has asked for him for the manure game vs us.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-20, 09:18 PM   #286
rodo
Shankly

Some ropey lfc account on twitter claiming bobby tested positive for covid
Old 20-11-20, 09:26 AM   #287
banditos
Rocket Surgeon

Interesting stat just posted on the Beeb:
"Reds are only two points short of their return in the corresponding fixtures in 2019-20."

Given our fixture list to date, seems were travelling pretty fucking well!
banditos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 10:33 AM   #288
Sus
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditos View Post
Interesting stat just posted on the Beeb:
"Reds are only two points short of their return in the corresponding fixtures in 2019-20."

Given our fixture list to date, seems were travelling pretty fucking well!
Lost to Villa but drew at the Emptyhad I guess
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 10:14 PM   #289
spud_gun
Paisley

Joint top after 9 games having played Arsenal & Leicester at home and Chelsea, Everton & Citeh away.

Tough opening set of fixtures combined with a horrific run of injuries and players missing due to COVID.

Squad is resilient. We'll kick on in December. Wolves and Spurs are the toughest two games on paper until the New Year
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 10:16 PM   #290
dom9
Ant Pisser

Spurs play Chelsea next week too, which gives us a chance to put some daylight ahead of the chasing pack. Assuming we can overcome the mighty Brighton first.
Old 22-11-20, 10:19 PM   #291
Exiled_red
Paisley

Spurs have a tricky few weeks: Chelsea, Arsenal, us and Leicester in the next month, I guess how they come through those games will tell us how seriously they can challenge.
Old 23-11-20, 03:00 PM   #292
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

We have a good run of fixtures in the run up to new year, well capable of winning them all. Time to get the red machine up to full speed.
Old 23-11-20, 03:24 PM   #293
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

This is the part of the season (no international breaks) where we kicked in and blew everyone else away last season.

Looks a good run of games, and the team should be able to find a bit of rhythm. It's not as if we have been 'miles off it' anyway this season. We've already been in decent form.
Old 23-11-20, 10:38 PM   #294
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

It all seems exciting again hey!
Old 23-11-20, 11:43 PM   #295
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
This is the part of the season (no international breaks) where we kicked in and blew everyone else away last season.
What part of the season did we not do that, haha
Old 24-11-20, 12:01 AM   #296
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Spurs at home December 16th, midweek game, will be a big one. Win the next three and put them right under pressure coming to our place.
Old 24-11-20, 05:19 AM   #297
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Spurs at home December 16th, midweek game, will be a big one. Win the next three and put them right under pressure coming to our place.

it’s gonna be a massive game.. feels a bit like the leicester game over Christmas last year- I remember looking at that a few weeks beforehand..

Hopefully we’ll brush spurs aside the way we did to leicester that time!
Old 24-11-20, 08:33 AM   #298
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
huge game.
Old 24-11-20, 09:23 AM   #299
S-RED
Dalglish

Jose bus is currently undergoing a full service
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 10:33 AM   #300
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

The difference between us and Spurs is that they are in the middle of a likely unsustainable hot streak, where as we're nowhere near our peak due to injuries and should only get better as we get players back.

Once they revert somewhat to the mean (and pick up a few injuries) I'd expect them to fall away.

We'll see!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 11:05 AM   #301
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
The difference between us and Spurs is that they are in the middle of a likely unsustainable hot streak, where as we're nowhere near our peak due to injuries and should only get better as we get players back.

Once they revert somewhat to the mean (and pick up a few injuries) I'd expect them to fall away.

We'll see!
True, but as we saw with Leicester in their winning season, a winning streak installs a lot of confidence in a team, and sometimes they just keep winning. Hopefully tho, Spurs will do as Everton did and crumble under the pressure of being the earlier league leaders.
Old 24-11-20, 11:11 AM   #302
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
True, but as we saw with Leicester in their winning season, a winning streak installs a lot of confidence in a team, and sometimes they just keep winning. Hopefully tho, Spurs will do as Everton did and crumble under the pressure of being the earlier league leaders.
That was a freak season for a few reasons:

1) Everyone was absolutely shit (partially true this season I guess but not us!)
2) Leicester barely had any injuries to key players all season (could happen to Spurs but unlikely given the schedule)
3) Spurs are massive bottlers
Old 24-11-20, 11:29 AM   #303
RichC
Meh

Kane must be due his annual ankle injury any time soon.

One thing with Mourinho he does know how to get a team to win, it's usually ugly, seige mentality and burns players out with the approach but he has that ability.

Thankfully your point 3 should cover that.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 11:33 AM   #304
memzey
Fagan

I don't know. Spurs are due a trophy some time and things could come together for them this season. Like him or loath him Mourinho is a serial winner and Spurs have a pretty tasty squad at the moment. I wouldn't bet against them picking up some silverware by the end of the season. Whether that's the EPL or not is another matter, as that's the hardest of the lot to win but who knows?
Old 24-11-20, 11:51 AM   #305
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by memzey View Post
I don't know. Spurs are due a trophy some time and things could come together for them this season. Like him or loath him Mourinho is a serial winner and Spurs have a pretty tasty squad at the moment. I wouldn't bet against them picking up some silverware by the end of the season. Whether that's the EPL or not is another matter, as that's the hardest of the lot to win but who knows?
No one is due anything IMO. You've got to earn it. If they are good enough to do that fair play to them, but I doubt it. They've got half a chance in the Carabao Cup, let's see how they get on there
Old 24-11-20, 11:54 AM   #306
Pepe79
Dalglish

The ingredients are all there for someone other than Liverpool or City to have a chance of winning it this season.

If Spurs can keep more of their best players on the pitch than the others, then they’re as well placed as anyone.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 11:59 AM   #307
BigChief
Paisley

I was dreading seeing a front line of Son, Kane, Bale. But Bale coming in hasn't yet really added much. So it's the same old story with everything going through Kane and the Korean Vardy benefiting with the goals. Straightforward tactics to cut that off really, a bit like how we did with the English Vardy.
Old 24-11-20, 12:06 PM   #308
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Spurs have a really tough run of games coming until the end of the year, harder than ours on the face of it. If they want to win the League they will need to perform in the same way as we have over the initial 9 games against similarly tough opponents.

They along with Chelsea are definitely in contention, we will just need to see if they can keep their levels high enough.
Old 24-11-20, 12:50 PM   #309
memzey
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
No one is due anything IMO. You've got to earn it. If they are good enough to do that fair play to them, but I doubt it. They've got half a chance in the Carabao Cup, let's see how they get on there
They are due a trophy soon in the sense that they are doing the right things to earn one. They have assembled a good squad, of the right sort of age and have been relatively competitive for a number of seasons now (under two good managers).

I'm not saying I have them as favourites to win the league rather, that they are in that mix of teams which can realistically compete for the cups and be up at the pointy end of the table. In a season as mad as this one, any team in that position could find themselves in place to pick up the pieces should the usual suspects under perform.
Old 26-11-20, 05:17 PM   #310
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Fuck right off. Spurs at home Wednesday night, Palace away Saturday lunchtime.

Old 26-11-20, 05:20 PM   #311
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 26-11-20, 05:38 PM   #312
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Chelsea and Everton fuming

Old 26-11-20, 05:41 PM   #313
S-RED
Dalglish

They make a fuckin mess of the scheduling; the TV companies dont give a shit
Old 26-11-20, 05:42 PM   #314
S-RED
Dalglish

I guess thats what happens when you are beholden to TV. Prem league are finding out the hard way what happens when greed is the priority
Old 26-11-20, 05:45 PM   #315
ChesterDave
Paisley

A nsapshot. I wouldwant to see how they relate to the NY game as well. I we play 2nd Jan and everyone else plays 3rd or 4th it evens out
Old 28-11-20, 04:10 PM   #316
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Still don't think we'll win it this year, and if that's the case I'm not sure I'll have the motivation to keep following the game as I have. The continual tweaking of the rules to make the sport progressively worse, the lack of spontaneity caused by VAR, the seemingly worsening quality of football punditry.. sure, I'm in a downer over this result, but I think it's more or a general sentiment that's building.
Old 28-11-20, 04:26 PM   #317
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Still don't think we'll win it this year, and if that's the case I'm not sure I'll have the motivation to keep following the game as I have. The continual tweaking of the rules to make the sport progressively worse, the lack of spontaneity caused by VAR, the seemingly worsening quality of football punditry.. sure, I'm in a downer over this result, but I think it's more or a general sentiment that's building.
Makes us sound like Citeh fans but I get your point.

Can we all finally agree going into a season with 6.5 defenders was completely fucking stupid?
Old 28-11-20, 04:27 PM   #318
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
It's a fucking pantomime, and doesn't at all resemble the game we all fell in love with. If I could flick a switch and walk away, find something better to do, I would. But I can't.

I hate what it's become. I was in favour of VAR and thought it worked well in that World Cup. We couldn't have envisaged what it would become but clearly I was wrong to be in favour. It's completely ruining the game.
Old 28-11-20, 04:28 PM   #319
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Makes us sound like Citeh fans but I get your point.

Can we all finally agree going into a season with 6.5 defenders was completely fucking stupid?
Sorry, 5.5
Old 28-11-20, 04:30 PM   #320
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
It's a fucking pantomime, and doesn't at all resemble the game we all fell in love with. If I could flick a switch and walk away, find something better to do, I would. But I can't.

I hate what it's become. I was in favour of VAR and thought it worked well in that World Cup. We couldn't have envisaged what it would become but clearly I was wrong to be in favour. It's completely ruining the game.
Me too . We should’ve known you can always rely on the Prem to fuck anything up totally.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC