It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 20-11-20, 04:03 PM   #7921
memzey
Fagan
 
memzey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,208
__________________
It's easy to distract fat people. It's a piece of cake.
memzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 07:29 PM   #7922
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 130,252
__________________
Fucking chances, goals
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 09:47 PM   #7923
Myo
Benitez
 
Myo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 587
Lol hiliarious
Myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-20, 12:49 AM   #7924
Gray
Dalglish
 
Gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,466
My word he is so special
__________________
www.terracehound.com
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 11:17 PM   #7925
Pepe79
Dalglish
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,696

Sky didn't show this part. Obviously.

Fucking love him.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 11:30 PM   #7926
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32,825
Jürgen Klopp

Yep. He’s not happy at all.

If I was him, I’d play the kids vs Brighton next Saturday and see what BT have to say about that.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 11:31 PM   #7927
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 42,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
https://twitter.com/DesignFootyIG/st...32716895858689

Sky didn't show this part. Obviously.

Fucking love him.
Spot on.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 11:32 PM   #7928
rodo
Shankly
 
rodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,260
__________________
Oh I say his vision there was lovely
rodo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 11:47 PM   #7929
Mr Pink
Benitez
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
If I was him, I’d play the kids vs Brighton next Saturday and see what BT have to say about that.

Good thing for us that you’re not him then...
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 12:03 AM   #7930
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Good thing for us that you’re not him then...


Well, he's got to protect the players. It's 3 games a week until the 2nd of January as from now on. He'll have to rotate with a squad already missing 9 first team players. That's a lot.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 12:11 AM   #7931
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 41,417
I reckon he can rest Robbo on Wednesday.

Hopefully Hendo was a precaution and sounds as if Thiago is close.

Maybe play Minamino on Weds instead of Bobby or Mane, Salah hopefully fit.

We will need to rest Matip, so Williams at CB. Then see where we are on Saturday. With a full squad we could rotate a lot, but we are miles from that.
__________________
Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 12:16 AM   #7932
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I reckon he can rest Robbo on Wednesday.

Hopefully Hendo was a precaution and sounds as if Thiago is close.

Maybe play Minamino on Weds instead of Bobby or Mane, Salah hopefully fit.

We will need to rest Matip, so Williams at CB. Then see where we are on Saturday. With a full squad we could rotate a lot, but we are miles from that.
Robbo definitely needs to rest on Wednesday. Sadio, and possibly Matip but Klopp might want to have some kind of continuity at centre half, but his hands might be forced anyway. Divock for Sadio and Taki for Bobby and Mo ( if he tests negative ) for Diogo.

It's gonna be tough, but this team knows how to get results somewhat.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 12:19 AM   #7933
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32,825
And looks MO will be back.

Quote:
Naby Keita sustained a hamstring injury during Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Leicester City at Anfield, Jürgen Klopp confirmed.

The midfielder limped out of the contest after 53 minutes and will now undergo further assessment of the issue with the club’s medical team.

“He felt his hamstring and was not able to play on, otherwise he would have stayed on the pitch,” Klopp explained during his post-match press conference.

Liverpool set new record for unbeaten league games at Anfield
Liverpool were also without Xherdan Shaqiri for the visit of the Foxes, with the forward picking up a muscle injury while on international duty with Switzerland.

Klopp said: “Shaq, how I know it, he had a muscle injury with the national team which he didn’t really realise.

“Now he trained with us, we gave him a day off and then he came back and was involved in the session, but was not fully involved and all these kind of things. He just did a little bit, after that he felt a little bit. Then we did a scan and they found he has an injury from five or six days ago.

“Nobody knew about that, not even Shaq knew about it, but that’s how things sometimes are and so he was not able to be involved.”

Liverpool are set to welcome Mohamed Salah back to training on Monday, however, after he missed Sunday evening’s encounter with Leicester.

“That’s what I’ve heard, yes, it [was] negative today,” detailed Klopp. “I think he is from now on pretty normal in testing. Tomorrow we have the UEFA testing for the Champions League and I am pretty sure he will be in that.

“He can now train with us tomorrow, that’s it. He will have two tests in the next two days, so, yes, he will be tested like all of us.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 12:23 AM   #7934
Pepe79
Dalglish
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Robbo definitely needs to rest on Wednesday. Sadio, and possibly Matip but Klopp might want to have some kind of continuity at centre half, but his hands might be forced anyway. Divock for Sadio and Taki for Bobby and Mo ( if he tests negative ) for Diogo.

It's gonna be tough, but this team knows how to get results somewhat.
Gini should be rested midweek too.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 12:30 AM   #7935
Zapater
Dalglish
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
https://twitter.com/DesignFootyIG/st...32716895858689

Sky didn't show this part. Obviously.

Fucking love him.
Fantastic, love it. I was wondering why his body language was so tense/aggrieved in the other interview and it's obviously because it was on the back of that.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 12:30 AM   #7936
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 42,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I reckon he can rest Robbo on Wednesday.

Hopefully Hendo was a precaution and sounds as if Thiago is close.

Maybe play Minamino on Weds instead of Bobby or Mane, Salah hopefully fit.

We will need to rest Matip, so Williams at CB. Then see where we are on Saturday. With a full squad we could rotate a lot, but we are miles from that.
Hopefully we can rest a few guys midweek, if we can get a win in that game we are through and a point against Ajax or a win against Midtjylland would mean we win the group so can hopefully rest the first team players in at least one of those two games depending on how we prioritise winning the group.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 12:31 AM   #7937
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32,825
Klopp said on lfctv that Thiago is still not in team training and he'll wait for the briefing of the medical team tomorrow to see if he's going to play some part.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 12:33 AM   #7938
labourRed
Shankly
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 9,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
https://twitter.com/DesignFootyIG/st...32716895858689

Sky didn't show this part. Obviously.

Fucking love him.
He nailed that. The context is key.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 09:03 PM   #7939
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,814
If he's not careful he's going to go from hero to zero with the media. He's had a fairly easy ride as he's been accommodating from day one and funny and at ease. Having the media on your side makes life so much easier. This arsey tone he's taken of late is a little bit mourinho esq. He might well be justified but I think he's expressing it at the wrong time. He's constantly on at the officials during the game which I've never been a fan of but I know he's just looking for explanations. But we have all seen what happens that the media start putting the knifes in, they keep pushing to get a response. He'd be best advised to step back and let Pep do them for a while.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 10:05 PM   #7940
calvoboy
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
If he's not careful he's going to go from hero to zero with the media. He's had a fairly easy ride as he's been accommodating from day one and funny and at ease. Having the media on your side makes life so much easier. This arsey tone he's taken of late is a little bit mourinho esq. He might well be justified but I think he's expressing it at the wrong time. He's constantly on at the officials during the game which I've never been a fan of but I know he's just looking for explanations. But we have all seen what happens that the media start putting the knifes in, they keep pushing to get a response. He'd be best advised to step back and let Pep do them for a while.
Today's Paxman-esque interview with Des Kelly on BT would give him the perfect excuse to boycott BT interviews at the very least.
calvoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 10:17 PM   #7941
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 66,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
If he's not careful he's going to go from hero to zero with the media. He's had a fairly easy ride as he's been accommodating from day one and funny and at ease. Having the media on your side makes life so much easier. This arsey tone he's taken of late is a little bit mourinho esq. He might well be justified but I think he's expressing it at the wrong time. He's constantly on at the officials during the game which I've never been a fan of but I know he's just looking for explanations. But we have all seen what happens that the media start putting the knifes in, they keep pushing to get a response. He'd be best advised to step back and let Pep do them for a while.
You make some good points, but ultimately my point of view is, fuck em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvoboy View Post
Today's Paxman-esque interview with Des Kelly on BT would give him the perfect excuse to boycott BT interviews at the very least.
That Des Kelly went into that interview fully armed, and ready for battle.

That's fine, but if the TV channels don't admit that they are a part of the problem, then we'll go on circles.

And strangely enough, that is their interests too as it makes for good TV.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 10:17 PM   #7942
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 42,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
If he's not careful he's going to go from hero to zero with the media. He's had a fairly easy ride as he's been accommodating from day one and funny and at ease. Having the media on your side makes life so much easier. This arsey tone he's taken of late is a little bit mourinho esq. He might well be justified but I think he's expressing it at the wrong time. He's constantly on at the officials during the game which I've never been a fan of but I know he's just looking for explanations. But we have all seen what happens that the media start putting the knifes in, they keep pushing to get a response. He'd be best advised to step back and let Pep do them for a while.
I fear you may be right and this will be reported like "Rafa's Rant", it doesn't matter whether he is right or not it will probably piss people off which will get him negative press.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 10:23 PM   #7943
Zapater
Dalglish
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,191
And why do we care in which light the media hold him? It's not like the media have ever really been complimentary of Liverpool in the past. If they're out to get us, who cares? It doesn't really make a huge impact on what we do on the pitch. The only difference will be on the general opinion and opposition fans opinion which has never been of much importance to me.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 10:35 PM   #7944
Mr Pink
Benitez
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
You make some good points, but ultimately my point of view is, fuck em.
THIS is a good point- fuck em!

If the media turn on us, klopp will use it to fire up the players!
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 10:36 PM   #7945
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 66,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
And why do we care in which light the media hold him? It's not like the media have ever really been complimentary of Liverpool in the past. If they're out to get us, who cares? It doesn't really make a huge impact on what we do on the pitch. The only difference will be on the general opinion and opposition fans opinion which has never been of much importance to me.
Exactly
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 03:49 PM   #7946
Tribute
Shankly
 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,258
What I'd pay to see Jurgen in his next BT interview with Des Kelly to just say "Have you got any sensible questions today? No? Bye-bye then..." and just walk off...
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 03:54 PM   #7947
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
And why do we care in which light the media hold him? It's not like the media have ever really been complimentary of Liverpool in the past. If they're out to get us, who cares? It doesn't really make a huge impact on what we do on the pitch. The only difference will be on the general opinion and opposition fans opinion which has never been of much importance to me.
Because he's trying to persuade people of the need to change the schedules and substitution rules. That's why he's saying it. Having the majority of people watching thinking he's whining like a sore loser detracts from the persuasiveness of his arguments and not only fails to win support, but may even put people off. It's not about us or klopp Vs the media, they're not 'out to get us', it's about Klopp trying to bring about change and going about it poorly with tetchy post match interviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
What I'd pay to see Jurgen in his next BT interview with Des Kelly to just say "Have you got any sensible questions today? No? Bye-bye then..." and just walk off...
I just don't understand.
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.

Last edited by Kenneth; 30-11-20 at 03:56 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 05:11 PM   #7948
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 66,378
He did it after the Leicester game too..
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 05:45 PM   #7949
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50,611
And still the takeaway for the majority is that klopp is whining/ranting. Just reinforces the idea that post match interviews are not an effective medium for trying to address serious topics. They're for a bland 5-10 second sound bite on MOTD and/or the news.

And let's not pretend the situation we're in has nothing to do with the club. We all knew we are going in to the season light at the back, and did so knowing the schedule, and that there would be objections to keeping 5 subs. We could have mitigated this better so can't put 100% of blame on others without being unreasonable.
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.

Last edited by Kenneth; 30-11-20 at 05:51 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 05:57 PM   #7950
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
And still the takeaway for the majority is that klopp is whining/ranting. Just reinforces the idea that post match interviews are not an effective medium for trying to address serious topics. They're for a bland 5-10 second sound bite on MOTD and/or the news.

And let's not pretend the situation we're in has nothing to do with the club. We all knew we are going in to the season light at the back, and did so knowing the schedule, and that there would be objections to keeping 5 subs. We could have mitigated this better so can't put 100% of blame on others without being unreasonable.
Light at the back?

I'm sure his plan was always to play Fab as a stop gap centre back should it be required. More than an adequate replacement for Lovern.

What he didn't foresee was losing our two starting CBs to season ending injuries.
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 06:03 PM   #7951
Pepe79
Dalglish
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,696
The argument about player welfare and negligent scheduling is irrelevant to how many centre backs we did or didn’t sign in the summer though.

And anyone who wants to write this off as Klopp whining is either wilfully ignoring the issue over having a dig at a rival manager, or just too dumb to see it until it eventually effects their team.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 06:07 PM   #7952
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50,611
No cover at RB. And we sold a CB and didn't replace him, leaving 2 out of 3 first team CBs being injury prone. This was covered pretty extensively in the summer.
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.

Last edited by Kenneth; 30-11-20 at 06:13 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 06:11 PM   #7953
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
The argument about player welfare and negligent scheduling is irrelevant to how many centre backs we did or didn’t sign in the summer though.

And anyone who wants to write this off as Klopp whining is either wilfully ignoring the issue over having a dig at a rival manager, or just too dumb to see it until it eventually effects their team.
Indeed, exactly the people that need persuading/pressuring. For things to change, the PL need to feel compelled to do so.

If Klopp isn't trying use the post matches for persuasive purposes and just wants to vent, then fair enough, but I'd personally rather he didn't.
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.

Last edited by Kenneth; 30-11-20 at 06:17 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 06:15 PM   #7954
Pepe79
Dalglish
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
No cover at RB. And we sold a CB and didn't replace him, leaving 2 out of 3 first team CBs being injury prone. Those was covered pretty extensively in the summer.
We could have 3 players for every position. Klopp’s argument would still be no less relevant.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 06:19 PM   #7955
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
We could have 3 players for every position. Klopp’s argument would still be no less relevant.
Rotation not a thing? He likely would still have a point about the density of the fixture list, but he probably wouldn't be talking about it.
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 06:56 PM   #7956
Mr Pink
Benitez
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 530
Honestly, I think we did really well in the summer- yes with hindsight we should maybe have bought a center back...

Fabinho has been amazing in defense, so I think it’s fair to say we had ample cover there- just sick luck that vvd and Gomez both out for the season...

Milner has been class at right back when played there... in a perfect world, we wouldn’t be plugging these holes in defense with midfielders, but we had to work with a strict budget this summer, and I think we spent very well...


Regarding what Jurgen said after the Brighton game- agreed that it looked a bit bad or whatever, but what’s the big deal?! Not like that’s gonna cost us points... people making a mountain out of a mole hill ffs...
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 07:16 PM   #7957
Pepe79
Dalglish
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Rotation not a thing? He likely would still have a point about the density of the fixture list, but he probably wouldn't be talking about it.
Hard to rotate when your players are dropping like flies?

He’s been talking about it for years? Even when he’s had a largely fit squad to choose from.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 07:41 PM   #7958
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Hard to rotate when your players are dropping like flies?

He’s been talking about it for years? Even when he’s had a largely fit squad to choose from.
In all my years following Liverpool this is by far and away the best squad (and arguably team) we’ve ever had. The only doubts were CB cover but VVD and either Joe or Matip would enough to get through the season.

Losing VVD for the season was the absolute worst thing that could have happened and everything else snowballed for that. Availability is one of the most underrated attribute and VVD was an absolute machine who literally played the most minutes in football last season.

The knock on effects of that have been catastrophic with regards to rotation and over playing players
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 08:02 PM   #7959
BG1973
Fagan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Indeed, exactly the people that need persuading/pressuring. For things to change, the PL need to feel compelled to do so.

If Klopp isn't trying use the post matches for persuasive purposes and just wants to vent, then fair enough, but I'd personally rather he didn't.
I agree he would be better off not going there but he's an emotional beast so I think you may be expecting too much from him in that scenario - straight after a terrible VAR decision and another injury.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-20, 10:20 PM   #7960
Mr Pink
Benitez
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Losing VVD for the season was the absolute worst thing that could have happened
Losing Allison would have been infinitely worse- excluding penalties, we conceded 4 goals in the 9 games that VVD missed- west ham, city and 2 against Atalanta... we conceded 9 goals in the 3 games that Allison missed!

It’s a looong road ahead, but I think we’ve coped really well without VVD and Gomez so far.
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.