It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-19, 10:51 PM   #121
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 48,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
He started!
Fab has been great in the last 15 mins.

too stoned.
__________________
VAR is utter bollocks
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 05-11-19, 10:52 PM   #122
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
That'll do
It will but more uncomfortable than it should have been - we are due an absolutely barnstorming performance, lets hope its Sunday
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:52 PM   #123
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34,915
Decent win.

Should have been more comfortable.

9 points

Napoli on 8

Salzburg on 4

Good times.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:52 PM   #124
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Fab has been great in the last 15 mins.

too stoned.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:53 PM   #125
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 35,171
Should have been 4 or 5, dominated but with few sloppy moments at the back. Deserved those points, we were much the better side. Nap draw happy days
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:53 PM   #126
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 63,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
It will but more uncomfortable than it should have been - we are due an absolutely barnstorming performance, lets hope its Sunday
Couldn't care less. 3 points again is literally all that matters.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:55 PM   #127
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 48,317
Ox
__________________
VAR is utter bollocks
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:56 PM   #128
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,268
Ox off on one in the interview
Saveloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:57 PM   #129
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Should have been 4 or 5, dominated but with few sloppy moments at the back. Deserved those points, we were much the better side. Nap draw happy days
I'm dreaming of spanking Napoli, they're such a hateable club
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:57 PM   #130
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
Ox off on one in the interview
What he saying?
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:06 PM   #131
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 20,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Mo just not right

Done the hard bit.

I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting in those positions.
Best time to cash in on him
__________________
☆☆☆☆☆☆ Champions of Europe. removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:06 PM   #132
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Couldn't care less. 3 points again is literally all that matters.
3 points and no injuries Dom......come on
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:11 PM   #133
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
3 points and no injuries Dom......come on
3 points and no injuries and we rested 4 starting XI players

Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:14 PM   #134
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
3 points and no injuries and we rested 4 starting XI players

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:32 PM   #135
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
3 points and no injuries Dom......come on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
3 points and no injuries and we rested 4 starting XI players

I thought Dom was referring to Sunday's game against City
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:37 PM   #136
cream
Paisley
 
cream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,012
Playing well within ourselves and still topping the charts.
__________________
Brandt - Keita - Van Dijk - Sessegnon
cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:42 PM   #137
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
I thought Dom was referring to Sunday's game against City
He may well have been....just read his comments again.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:52 PM   #138
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
What he saying?
He just spent about 2 mins answering a question with an enthusiastic exposition as Milner got bored and studied the wallpaper
Saveloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 01:55 AM   #139
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29,208
Just watched the highlights. Origi's shot at the start of the 2nd half was great and what the fuck was the Genk defender doing to his ear just before the break? Hope that's looked in to because it was seriously snidy. Looked like he had a 2nd go at it as Origi went down
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 07:28 AM   #140
poorscousertommy
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
He started!
poorscousertommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 06-11-19, 08:59 AM   #141
greenturnip
Houllier
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 293
If we beat Napoli we top the group. In terms of the goal we conceded: teams might be thinking that near post corner deliveries avoid Virgil’s head - are they targeting the smaller guys (Robbo, Millie)? City cross along the ground mostly but others will have seen that.
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 09:21 AM   #142
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Naby poor tonight, loads of time and space on the ball, just not done much.
He wasn't. Stats back it up.

He can and should do more, but one step at a time. He need a solid run of games.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 09:27 AM   #143
The_weatherman
Smug
 
The_weatherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12,472
Didn't see the game but saw this on Twitter:

Naby Keita vs Genk:

94% Passing accuracy
1/1 Long pass
1 Key pass
1 Big chance created
3/4 Dribbles succeeded
6/10 Ground Duels won
3 Tackles
7 possession lost (lowest amount starting)

Brilliant performance. One of our best players on the pitch.
__________________
* The above is posted in my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
The_weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 09:30 AM   #144
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_weatherman View Post
Didn't see the game but saw this on Twitter:

Naby Keita vs Genk:

94% Passing accuracy
1/1 Long pass
1 Key pass
1 Big chance created
3/4 Dribbles succeeded
6/10 Ground Duels won
3 Tackles
7 possession lost (lowest amount starting)

Brilliant performance. One of our best players on the pitch.
Id say stats can be deceptive.

He seemed very passive.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 09:32 AM   #145
Zapater
Dalglish
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,627
I would say Keita was slightly below average yesterday despite the statas. Should have gotten a goal or assist. Regardless it's good for him to get minutes under the belt when regaining fitness.

If Chelsea got a penalty from VAR yesterday, we should have gotten one too. Inconsistency is shit.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 10:16 AM   #146
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 127,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Id say stats can be deceptive.

He seemed very passive.
Naby was decent - no better - first half imo, but faded badly 2nd half. He's becoming a real enigma. You can see he's talented, and as Chris has said before probably has the highest ceiling (going forward anyway) of any of our midfielders.

But he's nowhere near breaking into the team for big games imo. Ox is. Naby isn't.
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 10:24 AM   #147
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 20,631
Yeah agree about Ox pushing for a start & agree that Keita was decent at best but it’s to be expected with his stop start season.
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 10:38 AM   #148
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Naby was decent - no better - first half imo, but faded badly 2nd half. He's becoming a real enigma. You can see he's talented, and as Chris has said before probably has the highest ceiling (going forward anyway) of any of our midfielders.

But he's nowhere near breaking into the team for big games imo. Ox is. Naby isn't.
Id agree with that. And I think thats the real frustration. There is a belting player in there, we just only see glimpses. He looks a bit short on confidence to impose himself, injuries havent helped.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 10:48 AM   #149
DeeTheDog
Benitez
 
DeeTheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 829
The game like the crowd was a little subdued. Genk hardly set the pulses racing and it seemed that we were content on winning whilst expending as little energy as possible. Nonetheless we were able to rest several players and still get the points to go top of the group.

The league cup and games against Genk have allowed the Ox to get more minutes in his legs and it is showing with his increasingly influential performances. I am hoping for a similar trajectory for Keita as he battles to regain his match fitness.

A couple of weeks ago, the narrative was that Liverpool don't get enough goals outside the front three. That has been blown out of the water with goals from both full backs, Origi and two more goals from midfield last night. No matter what challenge is put to this team, they seem to find the solution. It may not always be aesthetically pleasing but there is no doubt we are most effective team in world football today.
DeeTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 10:50 AM   #150
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 20,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTheDog View Post
The game like the crowd was a little subdued. Genk hardly set the pulses racing and it seemed that we were content on winning whilst expending as little energy as possible. Nonetheless we were able to rest several players and still get the points to go top of the group.

The league cup and games against Genk have allowed the Ox to get more minutes in his legs and it is showing with his increasingly influential performances. I am hoping for a similar trajectory for Keita as he battles to regain his match fitness.

A couple of weeks ago, the narrative was that Liverpool don't get enough goals outside the front three. That has been blown out of the water with goals from both full backs, Origi and two more goals from midfield last night. No matter what challenge is put to this team, they seem to find the solution. It may not always be aesthetically pleasing but there is no doubt we are most effective team in world football today.
you should post more
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 11:32 AM   #151
Phoenix07
The Normal One
 
Phoenix07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,566
I guess I'm in the minority who thought Keita was excellent.

His movement and ability off the ball were what caught my eye. You could clearly see what he can bring in terms of penetration both of passes, and gliding into space, and I think the reason he faded in the second half was because of his fitness. He was fucked in the second half. With two/three games a week, he should be starting once a week, and we'll finally be able to see whether he has a long term future here.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 11:39 AM   #152
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 63,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix07 View Post
I guess I'm in the minority who thought Keita was excellent.

His movement and ability off the ball were what caught my eye. You could clearly see what he can bring in terms of penetration both of passes, and gliding into space, and I think the reason he faded in the second half was because of his fitness. He was fucked in the second half. With two/three games a week, he should be starting once a week, and we'll finally be able to see whether he has a long term future here.
I thought he was pretty good. Not spectacular, but our midfielders generally aren't spectacular.

Is he pushing to be an automatic starter? Not yet.

Will he get lots of game time? Absolutely. Midfield is heavily rotated so he'll be needed.

As long as he can shake off his injury niggles.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 01:04 PM   #153
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 32,392
I watched back the mini-match (24 minute highlights package) and I thought Keita looked good if not spectacular. You could see his brain working angles and rotating the ball if nothing was on.

I loved the little 'nick the ball challenge' and the subsequent embarrassed rage from the player that just lost it
__________________
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 01:06 PM   #154
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 31,911
Keita looks like he's done after about an hour - don't know if its due to lack of match sharpness or injury but he fades badly in games at the moment.
__________________
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.