It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-21, 04:44 PM   #1001
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,064

Good
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 04:45 PM   #1002
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
The 6 clubs should have pts deducted according to Neville.

Negotiation tactic isn't it? It's always been a proposed move when the clubs want to shake up things in their favour.
Leagues will fight back of course.
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 04:48 PM   #1003
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
Quote:
The Premier League TV rights for 2022 to 2025 will go under the hammer in the next few months. The outcome of that process could put the competition’s very existence at risk.

In 2018, the UK segment of the Premier League TV rights sold for £4.5bn, down from a £5.1bn high in 2015. The rights for the next three years are likely to demand a much lower figure. An increase in the value of overseas rights offset the fall in domestic packages last time, but with the global market in decline there is no guarantee of that again.
How much would you think their product would be worth without the big teams ?
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 04:59 PM   #1004
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,685
I do love Sky Sports and their paid lackeys moralising about the inherent greed that is on display when members of established leagues want to breakaway and form new leagues in order to make more money.
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 05:03 PM   #1005
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
The Premier League TV rights for 2022 to 2025 will go under the hammer in the next few months. The outcome of that process could put the competitionís very existence at risk.

In 2018, the UK segment of the Premier League TV rights sold for £4.5bn, down from a £5.1bn high in 2015. The rights for the next three years are likely to demand a much lower figure. An increase in the value of overseas rights offset the fall in domestic packages last time, but with the global market in decline there is no guarantee of that again.
Sure the traditional platforms (terrestrial TV, and the satellite and cable channels) may not have the appetite but with the boom in streaming it'd be foolish to suggest that Amazon, Disney or another of the big companies won't want to get further involved in the PL in order to boost their product.

The NFL almost doubled the value of their TV contracts in the last round of negotiations. Thanks in part to the streaming companies.
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 05:05 PM   #1006
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
Tyler and Co gonna be moralising everyone now with their commentary

Would you ever fuck off Sky.........you'd throw Burnley under a bus, if it meant more screentime for ManU if you could
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 05:13 PM   #1007
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,064
Anyone who agrees with this idea needs a good kicking.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 05:14 PM   #1008
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Anyone who agrees with this idea needs a good kicking.
Oh tough guy
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 05:17 PM   #1009
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Sure the traditional platforms (terrestrial TV, and the satellite and cable channels) may not have the appetite but with the boom in streaming it'd be foolish to suggest that Amazon, Disney or another of the big companies won't want to get further involved in the PL in order to boost their product.

The NFL almost doubled the value of their TV contracts in the last round of negotiations. Thanks in part to the streaming companies.
I guess most of it comes down to the cohort of clubs having a greater say in any negotiations all round, not to mention share of the money, with regard to how the sport is distributed to the unwashed.
The various leagues, and UEFA, would have little course than to find some halfway ground with the big clubs, as frankly they would have a massive drop in value if actions precluded said big teams' involvement, if that is what they are threatening.

Bayern are the interesting situation, publicly opposing a breakaway move, but I suspect things may be different behind the scenes as they certainly wouldn't want to be left without a voice. PSG as well....but they're probably shitting themselves about having to sign up to a new competition that could have limitations around spending/club responsibilities - that's one aspect that'd be interesting to see as UEFA's motions in that area have been pathetic......for years.

It does ultimately come across as the latest round of sabre-rattling from the traditional big boys, but certainly the united front from the status quo suggests things are a lot more serious now.
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020

Last edited by McDermotX; 18-04-21 at 05:21 PM.
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 05:18 PM   #1010
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Oh tough guy
You think it's a good idea?
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 05:24 PM   #1011
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
You think it's a good idea?
No.

As an aside what sort of kicking are you offering to dole out to anyone who thinks it's a good idea?
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 05:30 PM   #1012
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
No.

As an aside what sort of kicking are you offering to dole out to anyone who thinks it's a good idea?
The kicking would be outsourced to a big beefy bloke.

But in all seriousness, common sense is massively lacking in this whole affair. So a metaphorical knocking of some sense into people is probably not a bad thing.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 06:13 PM   #1013
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
Sky, united in its denouncement regarding this.

Flash forward a couple years, when Sky manage to swing a TV package.........LIVE !! In 8K HDR !! DOLBY Atmos 2 !! The BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD !! etc



Anybody give consideration to the Football League back in the early 90s when the clubs chased the money ?
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 06:15 PM   #1014
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
Ole on the spot. Can't really say anything, can he ?


Says nothing What an interview ! Nothing about the match
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 06:26 PM   #1015
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
Neville putting the boot in

https://streamable.com/n3zqnz
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 06:39 PM   #1016
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Neville putting the boot in

https://streamable.com/n3zqnz
He wasn't so vocal when the Glazers bought the club he played for.

Pious cunt
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 06:52 PM   #1017
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Sky, united in its denouncement regarding this.

Flash forward a couple years, when Sky manage to swing a TV package.........LIVE !! In 8K HDR !! DOLBY Atmos 2 !! The BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD !! etc



Anybody give consideration to the Football League back in the early 90s when the clubs chased the money ?
Yeah, the football league wasnít given much thought.

Its all about money and the likes of UEFA and the PL are panicking as to how they protect their cash cow.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:02 PM   #1018
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Yeah, the football league wasnít given much thought.



Its all about money and the likes of UEFA and the PL are panicking as to how they protect their cash cow.
This goes way beyond protecting cash cows. It's about retaining what little sporting integrity remains in football.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:14 PM   #1019
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 25,176
Sky sports can fuck right off the moralising thunder shit cunts. Their criminality broke itv digital. Their tears are 100% crocodile.
ChesterDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:14 PM   #1020
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace
 
Slinky Skills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,824
Have to agree with Neville here.

__________________
Klopp on LFC vs MUFC (March 9th 2016) - "This is why I love football. This is why we watched it when we were young. I can still not have enough of it."


Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:15 PM   #1021
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
This goes way beyond protecting cash cows. It's about retaining what little sporting integrity remains in football.
The PL and UEFA talking about integrity, itís nothing to do with that itís all about money. Why are UEFA adding more games to the CL ? For sporting integrity and to improve what the fans get or is it to do with more revenue. We both know the answer to this.

Now, not to say this is the right thing to do at all but the organisations going mad about it are doing it purely for their own financial benefit and nothing to do with whatís right for the fans.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:15 PM   #1022
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 25,176
Also, find it hilarious my citeh supporting mate crying its all about the money. Fuck off you lottery winning nobody
ChesterDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:21 PM   #1023
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Also, find it hilarious my citeh supporting mate crying its all about the money. Fuck off you lottery winning nobody
Since the inception of the PL and the revamp of the European competitions football has become a business first and foremost and being about money. Remember Scudamore whinging on about the PL needs to have a strong Manchester United as itís not good for their brand when theyíre not doing well, why was that ? Purely for financial reasons.

Sadly football is all about money now and that was created in part by the PL and Sky.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:21 PM   #1024
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
It'll be super fantastic when a couple Yank teams are added, perhaps a couple Chinese ones as well.

Play Burnley, literally a few semi-pro lads in their dilapated stadium that they can afford to maintain, on a Sat then hop on a flight to China or America to play a buffed up, super expensive shower of mercenaries coked up on JP Morgan money
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:28 PM   #1025
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Since the inception of the PL and the revamp of the European competitions football has become a business first and foremost and being about money. Remember Scudamore whinging on about the PL needs to have a strong Manchester United as it’s not good for their brand when they’re not doing well, why was that ? Purely for financial reasons.

Sadly football is all about money now and that was created in part by the PL and Sky.
Aye. Some of the moralising from Sky etc is more than a bit nauseating TBH. It's well intended from one or two of the commentators so far, but also somewhat naive and unaware.
Make no mistake, the material vested interests from all sides are very much at the core here.

Interesting few days here, clubs are playing hardball and the leagues/UEFA for all their bluster, know that they can only delay the inevitable with regard to the Super League idea. It's nothing new, with almost every change with regard to European football over the last 20years having this elephant in the room.
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:31 PM   #1026
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,490
Final nail in the coffin.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He wonít expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:33 PM   #1027
kemm1
Dalglish
 
kemm1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Seems LFC are in the break away cohort. Disgraceful.
kemm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:39 PM   #1028
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
The PL and UEFA talking about integrity, itís nothing to do with that itís all about money. Why are UEFA adding more games to the CL ? For sporting integrity and to improve what the fans get or is it to do with more revenue. We both know the answer to this.



Now, not to say this is the right thing to do at all but the organisations going mad about it are doing it purely for their own financial benefit and nothing to do with whatís right for the fans.
Well, I'm talking about integrity from a personal pov.

But the real reason UEFA are expanding the competition is to head off exactly this scenario. These clubs are now using a breakaway competition as a negotiating tactic. It won't happen because they will get a bigger slice of the pie.

And that in itself is a disgrace imo.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:45 PM   #1029
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Well, I'm talking about integrity from a personal pov.

But the real reason UEFA are expanding the competition is to head off exactly this scenario. These clubs are now using a breakaway competition as a negotiating tactic. It won't happen because they will get a bigger slice of the pie.

And that in itself is a disgrace imo.
Itís all about greed. Do you think the tv networks havenít been involved in increasing the number of games for the CL ? Effectively itís more cost for fans to attend the games if they can and it also increases the coverage the tv networks are offering which of course will need to be paid for by the fans as theyíre giving them so much more as part of their subscription package.

Itís all about greed. Do you really believe the PL will kick out the six clubs from the PL ? Thatís not going to help them commercially and thatís what this will all come down to.

Itís not right but thereís very little moral high ground that can be taken from either side as theyíre both coming at it from a position of greed. Either way the fans will end up being squeezed for more money.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:46 PM   #1030
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191


Klopp from a few year back. (Of course, we all love facing Burnley/Fulham for 10 straight years , but the point stands)

Imagine a lot of managers getting asked questions over the next few days......I doubt they can speak out anymore than Ole earlier.
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:49 PM   #1031
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 52,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
It'll be super fantastic when a couple Yank teams are added, perhaps a couple Chinese ones as well.

Play Burnley, literally a few semi-pro lads in their dilapated stadium that they can afford to maintain, on a Sat then hop on a flight to China or America to play a buffed up, super expensive shower of mercenaries coked up on JP Morgan money
If they want to move to a franchise model in a closed shop, they probably wouldnít add teams. Liverpool would be the Liverpool Reds for a few years until the Reds franchise is moved to Dubai. The Dubai Reds crack on and Anfield is an empty stadium. In American football you see teams move location quite frequently, and they extort local governments for new stadiums etc.
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 07:54 PM   #1032
kemm1
Dalglish
 
kemm1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
He wasn't so vocal when the Glazers bought the club he played for.

Pious cunt
Regardless, he's 100% correct.
kemm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 08:58 PM   #1033
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Itís all about greed. Do you think the tv networks havenít been involved in increasing the number of games for the CL ? Effectively itís more cost for fans to attend the games if they can and it also increases the coverage the tv networks are offering which of course will need to be paid for by the fans as theyíre giving them so much more as part of their subscription package.



Itís all about greed. Do you really believe the PL will kick out the six clubs from the PL ? Thatís not going to help them commercially and thatís what this will all come down to.



Itís not right but thereís very little moral high ground that can be taken from either side as theyíre both coming at it from a position of greed. Either way the fans will end up being squeezed for more money.
Sorry, I think you're misunderstanding me.

I understand what is happening and how it works. But for me, a line has finally been crossed. And I'm massively pissed off that our club is among the conspirators.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 09:04 PM   #1034
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 33,780
How ironic that City and PSG have dissociated themselves from this. I agree with most here, if that goes ahead Iím done with football.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 09:08 PM   #1035
kemm1
Dalglish
 
kemm1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
How ironic that City and PSG have dissociated themselves from this. I agree with most here, if that goes ahead Iím done with football.
kemm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 09:22 PM   #1036
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 44,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
How ironic that City and PSG have dissociated themselves from this. I agree with most here, if that goes ahead Iím done with football.
City are part of it.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 09:24 PM   #1037
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 09:28 PM   #1038
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Aye. Some of the moralising from Sky etc is more than a bit nauseating TBH. It's well intended from one or two of the commentators so far, but also somewhat naive and unaware.
Make no mistake, the material vested interests from all sides are very much at the core here.

Interesting few days here, clubs are playing hardball and the leagues/UEFA for all their bluster, know that they can only delay the inevitable with regard to the Super League idea. It's nothing new, with almost every change with regard to European football over the last 20years having this elephant in the room.
Yeah but yeah but yeah but blah blah blah blah blah.

If you're nauseated, you're part of the problem.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 09:35 PM   #1039
McDermotX
Paisley
 
McDermotX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,191
__________________
"I will make the boys feel your support"
Jurgen Klopp June 2020
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-21, 10:17 PM   #1040
Tribute
Shankly
 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,601
So one corrupt football body is pissed that greedy clubs are going to hold Sky and other broadcasters to hostage to secure higher TV money and this Super League is all about leverage and will be put back in the drawer once the clubs have achieved their objectives...

...until the next time they need to leverage it for financial gain.

And Neville might have a point but heís working for a broadcaster who have been notorious for harvesting more profit from the game for years, plus being part of a club that have profiteered for years from the Glaziers taking control.

Itís all about money. The game is falling apart for the man on the street. Hell, VAR is ultimately all about money not accuracy...

In my view there are no guilt-free parties here, just everyone scrambling for their larger piece of the pie...

Sick of it all.
Tribute is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.