It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 08-03-21, 02:59 PM   #8521
maxwellbaxter
Houllier

He is pretty good at receiving balls in the box though
Old 08-03-21, 04:49 PM   #8522
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellbaxter View Post
He is pretty good at receiving balls in the box though
Old 08-03-21, 05:40 PM   #8523
badpiggy
Paisley

What horseshit. Klopp is Protestant.
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 07:27 PM   #8524
Irishnev
Shankly

Wtf

The bullshit rumors I saw related to not taking our special training ingredient I think we were so broke his loan fee covered Kabak’s one......nothing more sinister than that
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 07:49 PM   #8525
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Justice View Post
Its utter, utter bullshit of the highest but, since you asked....

That Minamino was shagging Klopps son and that's why he was bombed out to Southampton. Klopp being Catholic religious, and with some players (Muslim) has split the squad as the rest are progressive thinkers and don't care about same sex relations.

As I said, absolute bollocks.

Wasnt expecting that!!!
Old 08-03-21, 09:41 PM   #8526
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

The rumour I heard is he was not willing to accept his asthma diagnosis!!
Old 08-03-21, 09:43 PM   #8527
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfunk View Post
Unless the medication is by way of suppository?
Old 08-03-21, 09:45 PM   #8528
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Unless the medication is by way of suppository?
Suspicions were raised when he was told the initiation into the team was 14 pellets of caffeine up the rectum.
Old 08-03-21, 09:47 PM   #8529
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfunk View Post
So we want our players to have asthma so they can get special medication? Is that the rumour? I think they need to start doping quick to get some energy back.
Old 09-03-21, 08:25 AM   #8530
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Justice View Post
Its utter, utter bullshit of the highest but, since you asked....

That Minamino was shagging Klopps son and that's why he was bombed out to Southampton. Klopp being Catholic religious, and with some players (Muslim) has split the squad as the rest are progressive thinkers and don't care about same sex relations.

As I said, absolute bollocks.
Old 09-03-21, 11:22 AM   #8531
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Ffs, not what we need

Old 09-03-21, 11:34 AM   #8532
dom9
Ant Pisser

Swap Low for Klopp
Old 09-03-21, 11:44 AM   #8533
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Swap Low for Klopp

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 11:44 AM   #8534
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

That's a low blow
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 11:47 AM   #8535
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Whenever I think of Joachim Low, I can’t move past the footage of him picking a booger and eating it.

So it’s a ‘no’ from me.

FWIW, think about Klopps personality. I don’t see him wanting to leave Liverpool on the back of a terrible season. I think he will want to regroup for next year. All his comments yesterday were a message to the 1st team squad saying, “if you don’t want to be at Liverpool because there might not be Champions League football next season, then I already don’t want you”.

I don’t see him going from that point to leaving himself.

He is invested in what is going on. Unless he is sacked, I think he will see out his contract.
Old 09-03-21, 11:50 AM   #8536
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Whenever I think of Joachim Low, I can’t move past the footage of him picking a booger and eating it.

So it’s a ‘no’ from me.

FWIW, think about Klopps personality. I don’t see him wanting to leave Liverpool on the back of a terrible season. I think he will want to regroup for next year. All his comments yesterday were a message to the 1st team squad saying, “if you don’t want to be at Liverpool because there might not be Champions League football next season, then I already don’t want you”.

Don't think anyone is seriously suggesting Low for even a Championship level job let alone managing a Premier team.

His club management career peaked twenty something years ago at Stuttgart and just went lower and lower until he got the German gig.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Old 09-03-21, 11:50 AM   #8537
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:

So it’s a ‘no’ from me.

I don’t see him going from that point to leaving himself.

He is invested in what is going on. Unless he is sacked, I think he will see out his contract.
That disastrous season at Dortmund took an emotional toll on him. He was shattered and he needed a break.

Has this season had the same affect on him? I'd say we're seeing signs of him (understandably) looking jaded and tired. I must say I'm a tiny bit worried history is repeating itself. He gives absolutely all of himself all of the time and you can't go on forever like that without needing a break.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 11:56 AM   #8538
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

It’s definitely a valid concern. Hopefully this season and summer can be some of his down time... it feels he needs to know the pressure is off (the whole team need to know that).

Losing him would be catastrophic for us. Think how the other teams would celebrate. I don’t buy into the terminal demise of Liverpool that some think is happening right now. The players we have dont become awful overnight. The plan is good. It needs reinforce by players returning from injury and new signings. Klopp has delivered trophies. That will be appealing for other players.

We just need to see out this season come what may.
Old 09-03-21, 12:00 PM   #8539
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

He will obviously be asked about it, and will be interesting to hear his response, ie how definitively he denies it.
Old 09-03-21, 12:09 PM   #8540
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
He will obviously be asked about it, and will be interesting to hear his response, ie how definitively he denies it.

I imagine it will be a similar casual denial just as when he was asked about the national job early in his time with us and like when he was asked about it when at Dortmund.

Pretty sure he has been asked about the Bayern job whilst with us too.

Old 09-03-21, 12:44 PM   #8541
Rafa Justice
Benitez

Quote:
Its him sniffing his bollocks and ass cheese for me.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 12:47 PM   #8542
Alex
Administrator

No way does Klopp go for the German job for another 5 years or so. Hes still on top of his game.

International football is a retirement home for managers.
Old 09-03-21, 01:39 PM   #8543
fabinho
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
No way does Klopp go for the German job for another 5 years or so. Hes still on top of his game.

International football is a retirement home for managers.
After this last 12 months I wouldn't be so quick to write it off. I think he's said before that he hopes to do it at some stage, and even if he hasn't, this year has made us all reevaluate whats important in life.
Old 09-03-21, 01:41 PM   #8544
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Don't think anyone is seriously suggesting Low for even a Championship level job let alone managing a Premier team.

His club management career peaked twenty something years ago at Stuttgart and just went lower and lower until he got the German gig.

And we can all see Hansi was the real brains behind that based on what he’s doing at Bayern

I think Klopp will replace the guy who replaces Low
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 01:59 PM   #8545
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
And we can all see Hansi was the real brains behind that based on what he’s doing at Bayern

I think Klopp will replace the guy who replaces Low

Have a feeling that Rangnick might be the guy the German FA go for. Think if Klopp ever takes charge of the national team that it will be after the next German manager and not as the next manager.

Old 09-03-21, 02:41 PM   #8546
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

In the pre match presser he just said "Am I available for the Germany job in the summer? NO"
Old 09-03-21, 02:42 PM   #8547
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 02:47 PM   #8548
Pepe79
Shankly

Old 09-03-21, 02:55 PM   #8549
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Great news
Old 09-03-21, 02:55 PM   #8550
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

That's good.
Old 09-03-21, 03:02 PM   #8551
spud_gun
Paisley

Cue headlines 'Klopp open to Germany job offer'
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 03:05 PM   #8552
badpiggy
Paisley

If he stays at LFC this summer, is that the first time he's had a second bite at a club having done really well over the course of 6/7 years previously at Mainz and BD before falling off a a cliff? If he rebuilds us again, it would be extraordinary.
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"

Last edited by badpiggy; 09-03-21 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-03-21, 03:08 PM   #8553
badpiggy
Paisley

I don't doubt that he can but I don't know how anyone can say with certainty that he can either. Which means that I do doubt that he can. Which is part of not knowing for certain, not being a Judas cunt etc Buzzo before you call me one.
Old 09-03-21, 03:12 PM   #8554
Scratch
If you fail once....

Rebuild? He's got all the pieces he needs, unfortunately they are just not available. Next season, with players back and games not quite so frequent, we will be back to our best.

VVD, Henderson and Fab playing in their natural positions, with the ability to make rotational changes when energy levels are low (something injuries are preventing us from doing) then we will be back to something near our best. And who knows, with one or 2 shrewd buys, we might even be better.
Old 09-03-21, 03:25 PM   #8555
badpiggy
Paisley

"One or two shrewd" buys for next season with players out as well followed by a another summer window with some ins and outs is really what I mean by rebuilding. I'm not sure I can see us with same front three back to their blistering previous best levels again. Does that happen?
Old 09-03-21, 03:35 PM   #8556
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
"One or two shrewd" buys for next season with players out as well followed by a another summer window with some ins and outs is really what I mean by rebuilding. I'm not sure I can see us with same front three back to their blistering previous best levels again. Does that happen?
I think something close to yes, cos if we have Jota as well, we can rotate and rest a player as fitness and form will allow without a drop-off in performance. Without Jota we ran Bobby, Mane and Mo into the ground and it really shows.
Old 09-03-21, 03:43 PM   #8557
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
I don't doubt that he can but I don't know how anyone can say with certainty that he can either. Which means that I do doubt that he can. Which is part of not knowing for certain, not being a Judas cunt etc Buzzo before you call me one.
No one brings any certainty of anything.

I’d be far more confident of Klopp brining more success over the next 3 seasons than anyone else though.
Old 09-03-21, 04:13 PM   #8558
badpiggy
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
I think something close to yes, cos if we have Jota as well, we can rotate and rest a player as fitness and form will allow without a drop-off in performance. Without Jota we ran Bobby, Mane and Mo into the ground and it really shows.
Salah is 29 this summer. Mane is 29 in a few weeks. Firmino is 30 later this year. From my position of knowing fuck all, I'm not sure you build back up to the relentless style that Klopp wants with any of those three. Depends on what Edwards' stats machine says but it'd hardly be surprising if two of them went this summer. Wijnaldum is 30 now. Jordan Henderson will be 31 in the summer. Again, is that the age profile of a somehow reinvigorated 5 of our front 6? For playing Klopp's type football? We're an aging squad surely. The more I think of it, it's rebuild now or bust. Two shrewd signings won't cut it.
Old 09-03-21, 04:57 PM   #8559
Angryred
Dalglish

It will take Klopp at least 2 years to rebuild that front line as funds & availability will be key as Jota is a start. Elliott will be too young to start regularly but will be essential & I'm sure Klopp will surprise us with some youngsters.
Old 09-03-21, 04:58 PM   #8560
ntto
Dalglish

I just want to see us having a go ffs. Back to full court press and 100 miles an hour heavy metal football
ntto is online now   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC