It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 20-10-20, 12:12 PM   #6281
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Why?

If anything I think if it was a male lino he'd have been more aggressive, but because it was a woman he adopted a softer approach, most likely subconsciously.

The evidence doesn't support that though. He's 32 years old and as far as I can remember has not grabbed a male official in his career in this country. Female officials are infrequent and he grabs one over a throw in decision
Old 20-10-20, 12:23 PM   #6282
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
The evidence doesn't support that though. He's 32 years old and as far as I can remember has not grabbed a male official in his career in this country. Female officials are infrequent and he grabs one over a throw in decision
Which was my second point. Instead of screaming at her or intimidating her, he might have touched her neck instead as if to say, 'come on'.

As far as to say if he's ever done it to a male official before it's hard to know, because it would have been forgotten about as quickly as it happened. Certainly plenty of other footballers have though.

For those wanting to persecute him (not anybody on here in particular), what do they think happened? Whether consciously or unconsciously what do they think went through Aguero's head and why are they so outraged by this?
RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 12:52 AM   #6283
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
No one should be touching a referee but you should be able to recognise that there is a different connotation to it if the ref is a woman right? Sian Massey did not make a fuss but that does not mean that itís ok. Iím pretty sure if the ref was a man he would not have done this.
What are you saying about women?

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 01:03 AM   #6284
Harv
Randy Marsh

Let's face the facts here, if that was a male Lino he touched then people would probably haven't even mentioned it. But because its a woman and we're in an age where society is frothing at the mouth to whinge about something on social media to feel like they're important and making a difference to society they play the sexist/racist/somethingphobic/justletmebeangryatsomething card.

Without realising by being up in arms about it you are also treating woman differently, as though they aren't able to handle themselves in this situation, when she obviously can. Every feminist I know (and I know quite a few) would scoff at the thought they need protection or be treated differently because a footballer touched a female Lino on the shoulder to try get her attention.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 11:04 PM   #6285
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Fernandinho picked up an injury tonight apparently. 4-6 weeks out.
Old 22-10-20, 07:34 AM   #6286
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Bonus.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-20, 10:23 AM   #6287
BigChief
Paisley

Shame for him as injuries are never nice. But he hardly got a look in nowadays anyway due to age.
Old 22-10-20, 04:44 PM   #6288
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Shame for him as injuries are never nice. But he hardly got a look in nowadays anyway due to age.

True that heís not as important to them as he used be, and he never plays 90 minutes, but heís been featuring in all their games right?? (Havenít looked it up, might be wrong)

When we have 2 games a week, any injury is gonna seriously hurt the team, so this is bad news for them... ie itís good news!

est1892 > Football > General Football