It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 17-09-19, 11:33 AM   #3401
Zapater
Dalglish

Really bad, the fact it's ancient history and has nothing to do with Stokes himself makes it even worse.

I've always held Stokes in the worst regard on a personal level, but leveraging his profile for publicity at the expense of his family is shocking.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 11:38 AM   #3402
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

It’s such a considered move by the editorial team.

To investigate the lead find the ‘scoop’ and then decide that it is worth following up and then publishing without consent is totally immoral. Particularly when it is a story that is clearly going to be very traumatic. How in any way can they see this blatant invasion of privacy as newsworthy?

After the phone hacking scandal it is clear evidence that ultimately nothing has changed.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 11:53 AM   #3403
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

And to use it as a timed distraction from political events they don't like.
Old 17-09-19, 11:54 AM   #3404
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
And to use it as a timed distraction from political events they don't like.
Old 17-09-19, 06:21 PM   #3405
ChesterDave
Paisley

Gutter rats devoid of morals
Old 17-09-19, 07:04 PM   #3406
captainfog
Lord Anthony Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Really bad, the fact it's ancient history and has nothing to do with Stokes himself makes it even worse.

I've always held Stokes in the worst regard on a personal level, but leveraging his profile for publicity at the expense of his family is shocking.
You don't like anyone though.
captainfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 07:50 PM   #3407
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainfog View Post
You don't like anyone though.
Correct, I just remember a couple of interviews with a few different players of colour in South African teams have had run ins with him.

It's not for no reason that Rabada told him to 'fuck off' after getting him out in that test which didn't have much needle. When he was asked in the interview what had happened, Rabada said something like 'Stokes knows what he's done and this isn't the first time', referring to an incident in an England Lions vs South Africa A game. Bavuma said he walked up to him and said 'are you lost, what the fuck are you doing here'? I can't prove that he's a racist or has made racist comments but I suspect as much.

Obviously him pummelling that guys face in didn't do wonders for my opinion of him either.

Last edited by Zapater; 17-09-19 at 07:52 PM.
Old 17-09-19, 08:05 PM   #3408
Exiled_red
Paisley

I don't get why anyone still buys the rag, they continually do shit like this that just hurts people, and the only reason for doing it is to sell newspapers.

They are absolute scum
Old 23-09-19, 02:50 PM   #3409
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Bairstow dropped for NZ tour

Quote:
Full Test squad: Joe Root (c), Jofra Archer, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Zak Crawley, Sam Curran, Joe Denly, Jack Leach, Saqib Mahmood, Matt Parkinson, Ollie Pope, Dom Sibley, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes
Old 23-09-19, 03:33 PM   #3410
Yozza
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Bairstow dropped for NZ tour
He's averaged 20.25 in tests last year...

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 10:25 AM   #3411
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Didn't want him but he's done a great job with Essex tbf

Old 07-10-19, 06:25 PM   #3412
Cormack74
Shankly

Kirsten might have been better but probably time to try another English coach first.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 06:28 PM   #3413
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Apparently he interviewed really badly and came across as if he didn't really give a fuck whether he got the job or not
Old 07-10-19, 08:27 PM   #3414
Cormack74
Shankly

Maybe no one told the panel that's how all South Africans come across
Old 07-10-19, 09:25 PM   #3415
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 08-10-19, 09:12 AM   #3416
Zapater
Dalglish

Would have been livid if Kirsten took that job with SA cricket in transition (minor disarray with no coach). Purely because he quit the SA job saying he wanted to spend more time with his family in Cape Town. Well England is no closer to Cape Town and England traditionally have longer tours than South Africa. If the reports are anything to go by, this did play a factor as it seemed he wanted to stay in South Africa and only join to prepare for series.

If he wants to return to international cricket, he should put his name in the hat for the Proteas job. Possibly wouldn't get it being the wrong colour but would be a huge. Although Peter Moores name was mentioned. I've never even heard of Enoch Nkwe before, so surely this can't be a permanent solution.
Old 15-10-19, 08:19 PM   #3417
Cormack74
Shankly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50047860

England's extraordinary win over New Zealand in the 2019 World Cup final will never be repeated after the boundary countback rule was abolished in ICC events.

After both sides hit 15 in the super over - a one-over shootout - England won because they had scored more boundaries in the match.

The super over in the semi-finals and finals will now be repeated until one team has scored more than the other.

Group games will have a super over too.

If the super over, which previously only applied in the knockout stages, is tied in the group stage then the match will be a draw.

The ICC said the super over is "an exciting and engaging conclusion to the game and will remain in place covering all games at both ODI and T20I World Cup".
Old 02-11-19, 03:54 AM   #3418
captainfog
Lord Anthony Rivers

Denly's ankle ligament injury is a stroke of fortune for England. I'm sure they wanted to drop him but probably felt after his performance (relative to his team mates) against Australia they weren't able to. This resolves that problem. He's 33 and not good enough, I doubt we'll ever see him involved in a test match ever again.
captainfog is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > General Sports