It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 06-11-19, 11:51 PM   #5121
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Edison off injured.
Delighted with that. He's electric. Sparks all of their play.
Old 06-11-19, 11:56 PM   #5122
Liverpool
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
in terms of keeping the ball out the net not much between him and bravo but its his passing range, would be a huge blow for them. They set up with some interesting shapes to stretch our press over the years at Anfield, Spurs did at times this season but didn't fully commit to it.

Edersons passing and the goal kick rules and how city use them could be interesting Sunday, hopefully it goes tits up
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 01:14 AM   #5123
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
in terms of keeping the ball out the net not much between him and bravo but its his passing range, would be a huge blow for them. They set up with some interesting shapes to stretch our press over the years at Anfield, Spurs did at times this season but didn't fully commit to it.

Edersons passing and the goal kick rules and how city use them could be interesting Sunday, hopefully it goes tits up
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-19, 01:42 AM   #5124
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
That's patently untrue.
Old 07-11-19, 02:56 AM   #5125
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Watt the fock!

Ohm my god! Is it pun o'clock?

Last edited by Norbs; 07-11-19 at 03:07 AM.
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 04:11 PM   #5126
dom9
Ant Pisser

I'm not gonna post the whole article, but some interesting insight into City's transfer predicament, and in the immediate term, the need to sell foreign players before they can aquire any more.

In short, they're in a pickle.

https://theathletic.com/1361822/2019...for-champions/
Old 11-11-19, 05:00 PM   #5127
Yozza
Shankly

Thought he made a bit of an arse of himself but nothing more than that

Pep Guardiola to face no action after Manchester City's defeat by Liverpool

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola will face no action from the Football Association for his actions during the defeat by Liverpool on Sunday.

Liverpool beat the Premier League champions 3-1 at Anfield to move eight points clear at the top of the table and nine clear of Guardiola's City.

It came after City had two penalty appeals for handball turned down.

Guardiola could be seen saying "thank you so much" as he shook referee Michael Oliver's hand after the match.

Asked about the incident, the Spaniard said: "No, it was not sarcastic. It was: 'Thank you so much'.

"I said the same thing after the Tottenham game. 'Thank you so much'.

"I go over to the referees and my colleagues and I say 'good luck' all the time."

City were convinced they should have been awarded a penalty for a Trent Alexander-Arnold handball moments before Fabinho struck the opening goal.

Guardiola appeared visibly upset by the decision to allow the goal, suggesting any questions about it should be put to Mike Riley, general manager of Professional Game Match Officials Limited, the body responsible for referees in English professional football.

The City manager offered no comment on the incident beyond saying: "Ask Mike Riley and his people please."

Guardiola was again animated on the touchline when the ball struck Alexander-Arnold on the arm from close range late in the match.

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 11:18 AM   #5128
Yozza
Shankly

https://www.theguardian.com/football...er-city-exodus

Genesis, Revelation … Exodus: has Pep Guardiola reached City endgame?

Guardiola is generally in one of three phases of engagement – it is tempting to conclude we are in this third stage now, that the Pep exodus has begun

This is the end, beautiful friend. Or rather, it may just be a vision of it. Watching Pep Guardiola capering on the Anfield touchline on Sunday – skinny legs splayed, arms flailing, black quilted jacket bouncing about like an angry rubber ball – was at least confirmation of one thing. Manchester City’s manager remains an extraordinarily agile and sprightly 48-year-old footballing obsessive.

Beyond that it was hard to interpret this reaction to a third Premier League defeat as a sign of good health, stability and plans for the future falling neatly into place. Instead Guardiola seemed oddly isolated, out there operating without restraint, still in the field, a manager who may just have entered the next phase in a familiar career parabola. So much so it is tempting to ask another question. Will he actually be back at Anfield for another league game?

It would be easy to dismiss this as pure speculation, mainly because it is. Plus this kind of behaviour is simply Guardiola’s way. On the wall of his office he has a quote from Marcelo Bielsa that includes the words “the joy that comes with winning lasts about five minutes and what is left is a gaping void and a loneliness that is hard to describe”. OK, so that’s winning. How about losing 3-1 to your title rivals on a wildly frustrating afternoon. Talk us through that.

By the time Guardiola appeared backstage in the media suite he had, to his credit, regained his composure. By this stage he was simply very, very angry but icily self-contained too. And yet that feeling remained. The extreme physical comedy of Guardiola’s afternoon seemed to go beyond normal modes of behaviours, to carry an echo of other times. The trouser-splitting touchline mania during the 6-1 defeat of Porto a year before Guardiola left Munich. Or the wild, capering set-to in the Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid the year he left the Camp Nou triumphant but exhausted.

Guardiola is in his fourth season at City. He didn’t make it past four at Barcelona. Munich stretched to three. He has a newly built house in Manchester, loves the club and loves his group of players. There have been talks about staying in place until 2021 but with Guardiola it is important to remember he is generally in one of three phases of engagement, phases we might call Genesis, Revelation and Exodus. The first of these is the building phase, when his methods are applied, new systems put in place, bumps in the road negotiated (for a while in his first season at City Guardiola literally painted a white spot on the training pitch where he wanted Raheem Sterling to stand).

The second is the High Pep period, those golden moments when the team are functioning at their perfect pitch. The final stage is the period of departure, a process of leaving that involves much emotional energy expended on all sides.

It is tempting to conclude we are in this third stage now, that the Pep exodus has begun. And not just because of his previous patterns of behaviour. In the most productive, gloriously watchable sense Guardiola tends to exhaust not just himself but those around him. By the end at Bayern club officials were openly briefing visiting journalists that enough was enough, that someone a little less demanding may be next in line.

And after a while mistakes can start to be made, as they were against Liverpool. Undoubtedly City were a bit unlucky. There is no team on earth who can lose three key members of their back five and go to Anfield with confidence. City still had 18 shots and might have had a penalty before the opening goal.

But they also might have done things differently. Why did Guardiola only use one substitute, despite chasing the game from the start? Why didn’t he use Riyad Mahrez at all? Why was there no change of shape, no tactical answer to Liverpool’s early dominance? Why had Sergio Agüero, who looked jaded, played in five games in 15 days leading up to this one? Why is Claudio Bravo, aged 36, still the back-up goalkeeper? Why have City spent £230m on full-backs in Guardiola’s time without actually securing a pair of dominant, settled full-backs, to the extent they were dominated by Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson, who cost a princely £7m combined? Why don’t City have a dominant, capable centre-back to replace the dominant and capable Aymeric Laporte?

Critiquing any manager in this way is a rigged game. Only they get to see their players close up, to know their precise physical and mental state, to know the full details of the gameplan. These people are experts. The rest of us spectate. But part of Guardiola’s fascination is the way his mistakes often do stand out, how they can look oddly broad brush, the mistakes of a delusional caesar bound up in ego and principle.

There is a restlessness to this too. Guardiola is like an artist in the sense he seems constantly to question the limits of his medium. Why central defenders? Why give the ball away? What is tackles? There is even a creative angst in the way he moves through club football. Create a brilliant team … and then what?

Hence perhaps the tendency to burn himself out. And City have, lest we forget, ticked off most of the elements on that to-do list. Win the league and the cups. Improve his players. Create a passing team unlike anything seen in modern English football. Influence the way the game is played in its unusually stubborn founding nation. Check to all of those.

One thing remains, of course. His obsession may not be shared by all City’s supporters but Guardiola would love above all else to win the Champions League. Liverpool will be even harder to catch in the league this time around. And this is perhaps where the season will start to lead for City, tailing towards that point in spring when those European knockout ties come rolling around, the big ticket one-off trouser-splitting occasions that have tortured Guardiola in the recent past.

He has time to regroup now and build towards that moment. Anfield was not the end, or even the beginning of the end; but it might just be a first step towards a genuine moment of dramatic crisis.

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 11:36 AM   #5129
dom9
Ant Pisser

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the summer.

Will be interesting to see who they replace him with. I guess their tactics will be a stark contrast for the players to deal with.
Old 12-11-19, 11:42 AM   #5130
fah-q
Touching cloth

Woy could do a job for them
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-19, 12:07 PM   #5131
Alex
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post

Will be interesting to see who they replace him with. I guess their tactics will be a stark contrast for the players to deal with.
Bayern are currently suffering badly from Pep going. They got used to being so prepared for games that anything other than full intensity is a let down for them.

Kovac has been replaced for pretty much this reason. Players feel unprepared and confused.

He is a good manager, but he gives it all.
Old 12-11-19, 12:09 PM   #5132
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Kovac has been replaced for pretty much this reason. Players feel unprepared and confused.

He is a good manager, but he gives it all.
That was supposedly one of the reasons they got rid of Ancelotti too, aside from poor results. Players apparently did extra training sessions by themselves.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-19, 04:31 AM   #5133
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Perhaps Guardiola needs to be training managers instead.
Old 13-11-19, 03:05 PM   #5134
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 13-11-19, 03:13 PM   #5135
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

What the fuck?! Is that it? Also, the timing of this is a fucking disgrace.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-19, 03:17 PM   #5136
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 13-11-19, 03:40 PM   #5137
Maxiedge
Shankly

Misses the Chelsea game at least
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-19, 03:42 PM   #5138
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
g, The investigation panel have been handsomely bribed by the owners of MCFC
Old 13-11-19, 03:52 PM   #5139
Chris

Proper weird how the video just seems to have been brushed under the carpet like it never even existed.
Old 13-11-19, 04:11 PM   #5140
Patricks_Berger
Fagan

How many games' ban did Suarez get?
Patricks_Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-19, 04:56 PM   #5141
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Eight
Old 13-11-19, 05:01 PM   #5142
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post

Biesla I reckon
Old 13-11-19, 05:10 PM   #5143
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Bernardo missing the Chelsea game is good though.

Chelsea must fancy having a go at them now? I guess a draw is probably the best result for us now... who’d have thunk it...!

I don’t even need to go onto Bluemoon to find a conspiracy thread as to the timing of Bernardo’s ban. One will be there.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-19, 05:40 PM   #5144
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

What a tool.

Wonder if he is getting the Netflix logo next?

Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-19, 06:07 PM   #5145
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Is that supposed to be Cilian Murphy with the cap?

To he fair, the BB ones aren't badly drawn
Old 13-11-19, 10:34 PM   #5146
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Why would you get Ali G tattooed on your back? /s
Old 14-11-19, 12:06 AM   #5147
EwarWoo
Paisley

I don't get tatts. People who have something meaningful is one thing, but so many seem to get any old shite marked on 'em for the sake of it.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 02:18 AM   #5148
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
I don't get tatts. People who have something meaningful is one thing, but so many seem to get any old shite marked on 'em for the sake of it.
I don't think you can judge someone's reasoning for marking themselves.

My dad has a Bobcat logo on his arm!

That said, it's a pretty fucking cool logo!
Old 14-11-19, 02:45 AM   #5149
Harv
Randy Marsh

I'd beg to differ...

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 03:16 AM   #5150
EwarWoo
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
I said I don't get it, not that I'm judging them, so don't be judging me
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 03:49 AM   #5151
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:

My dad has a Bobcat logo on his arm!

That said, it's a pretty fucking cool logo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I'd beg to differ...
This
Old 14-11-19, 04:08 AM   #5152
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Why would you get Ali G tattooed on your back? /s
Ali G
Old 14-11-19, 09:22 AM   #5153
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
I said I don't get it, not that I'm judging them, so don't be judging me
You ok, hun

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-19, 09:40 AM   #5154
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I'd beg to differ...

Good luck with the begging.
Old 14-11-19, 06:10 PM   #5155
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Absolute joke

Old 14-11-19, 06:17 PM   #5156
Chris

What a farce. I naively actually thought they might get a ban, even just a pitiful one of a year but nothing is absolutely laughable. What is the fucking point in the rules then?
Old 14-11-19, 06:21 PM   #5157
spud_gun
Paisley

' The Athletic understands that senior figures within European football’s governing body are worried that going after City will lead to years of expensive arguments, which will be hard to justify when it is clear City are not the only side looking for FFP loopholes.'

Laughable.

Be interesting to see if those clubs already punished launch league proceedings
Old 14-11-19, 07:23 PM   #5158
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

City are going to be shit again in a couple of years, tough sanctions aren't really going to be needed
Old 14-11-19, 08:10 PM   #5159
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Seems reasonable to me

Don't agree with D and E though

He deleted in then moaned about people being over-sensitive straight after. His club followed suit with more than one person being vocal about how nothing warranted discipline had happened.

Quote:
Predictable but wtf
Old 16-11-19, 10:17 PM   #5160
fah-q
Touching cloth

Not sure what the Athletic know but other journos are saying their CAS appeal has been thrown out.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...uefa-dismissed
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football