It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 28-10-19, 09:03 AM   #4881
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
When I heard something had happened when he came off I thought much worse than that. He barely did anything.
Telling your own fans to fuck off isn't a good look.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-19, 09:52 AM   #4882
SB
Paisley

I think he’s within his rights if they’re doing that regularly to him. Shit club & shit fans.
Old 28-10-19, 10:44 AM   #4883
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Even more epic than when they hated Wenger.

I don’t blame Xhaka at all. 60,000 people jeer you its bound to have an effect.

Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-19, 12:48 PM   #4884
McDermotX
Paisley

It's pretty bad situation TBH, by which I mean fucking hilarious, and you've got to love the gymnastics from portions of the Arsenal fans justifying it with the whole 'only because he was trudging off the pitch' etc......they were giving him loads as soon as his number went up FFS and got responded to in kind.

Fascinating situation now TBH.......there's clearly no way he can remain captain, yet he's apparently the player's pick. Arsenal FanTV was of course hilarious in its balanced and well intentioned discussion around the subject , with one troglodyte suggesting that if he appears out as captain against us, 'Emery is Xhaka's bitch'.

Add in that Emery is hardly flavour of the month, and it's a situation that could develop nicely.

Last edited by McDermotX; 28-10-19 at 01:17 PM.
McDermotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-19, 01:40 PM   #4885
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

The entire Arsenal fan TV culture is completely toxic and doesn't help their cause in any way shape or form. It feeds off negativity and the individuals involved have developed a celebrity status with inflated egos and a sense of entitlement to boot.
Old 28-10-19, 02:54 PM   #4886
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Aye, good point.

Time to wheel out Andy Tate again.
Old 28-10-19, 03:10 PM   #4887
fabinho
Evans

mega "blad" count on that
Old 28-10-19, 06:25 PM   #4888
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
mega "blad" count on that
I understand fam.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-19, 10:48 PM   #4889
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 29-10-19, 12:04 AM   #4890
McDermotX
Paisley

TBF to the Arse.....they're great lads for booing, long before the likes of AFTV came along.
Old 30-10-19, 11:13 PM   #4891
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Couldn't think of a more polar opposite to Rafa than Unai. His teams are all over the place. When he was young he was dubbed the next Wenger and gave a presser at Almeria saying that he preferred to draw 4-4 than 0-0. I remember posting years ago that I wouldn't mind taking a punt on him or Valverde after Rafa left, I'm very pleased that we didn't. He's head and shoulders above Woy mind.

He did do well in the Europa League consistently with Sevilla but he's never impressed in the league where he had a fantastic squad at both Valencia and Sevilla, particularly the former. Even last season Monaco won Ligue 1, which is a bit of a disgrace for me given what's been thrown into PSG. Just had a look and his league finishes at Sevilla were 9th (only half a season), 5th, 5th and 7th. Pretty poor considering the quality of squad. His best league form was to take Valencia to 3rd in 3 consecutive seasons, but they had a great squad and he was uncompetitive in big games, I know their fans didn't care for him.

At both Valencia and Sevilla he had a bit of a reputation for playing cowardly football which ended up losing points. So starting a game with electric intensity going up a goal or two, then letting his team sit back and ending up conceding with the game resulting in a draw/loss. He clearly hasn't learnt a thing if you look at the 6-1 loss to Barca last season. I was semi expecting it.

Also, Moreno did him a huge favour by donating one of those Europa League wins to him. Pretty fortunate with the first one too, close game on pens and in the semi against Valencia I remember Sevilla were down and Mbia scored the away goal in the 5th minute of stoppage time when only 4 minutes were issued. Wouldn't be at all concerned if Arsneal signed him. Above average manager, huge reputation, nothing special.
Quote:
IIRC he was quite effective at beating the smaller teams but I think they lost every game against Barca and Madrid and the majority against Villarreal and Sevilla who were the other good teams at the time. A lot of Spanish teams were rebuilding at the time and as I say, I know that Valencia fans wanted him gone. He released a coaching tactics book and they thought he was delusional.

The title roughly translates to 'winning mentality' which was ironic due to their terrible mentality in big games. And Ricardo Costa writing a eulogy is just embarrassing.

I'm not saying he's an awful manager, because he's clearly not. He's just done nothing to prove he's good enough. He's consistently had great opportunities and excluding the Europa League hasn't done anything that you wouldn't expect from any other manager.

Obviously Monchi knows a lot more about football and managers than me but I just don't see it. I'd rate Juande Ramos, Joaquin Caparros and most definitely Marcelino better than Emery. It didn't work out for Marcelino at Zaragoza and Sevilla and his reputation took a hit, but his revival of Villarreal and what he's doing now at Valencia is fantastic.
Arsenal fans are saying exactly what I said. I know I got Torres and Joe Cole wrong, but sometimes my predictions are pretty accurate.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-19, 11:21 PM   #4892
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Arsenal fans are saying exactly what I said. I know I got Torres and Joe Cole wrong, but sometimes my predictions are pretty accurate.

Urinal still reminds me of Alan Partridge
Old 05-11-19, 08:55 PM   #4893
dom9
Ant Pisser

Xhaka stripped of the captaincy.

Unsurprisingly.
Old 06-11-19, 03:58 PM   #4894
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Kolasinac here not even flinching

Old 06-11-19, 09:54 PM   #4895
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Fucking hell.

I was just coming in to post about this only just saw the footage.

He is fucking nails they've got knives FFS. That is impressive

They should have gone after Ozil.
Old 06-11-19, 09:59 PM   #4896
Liverpool
Paisley

good job they blurred his face
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 10:19 PM   #4897
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

It was so Ozil could pretend that maybe it was him.
Old 06-11-19, 10:22 PM   #4898
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

It looks like a bike spoke that they've got. Fucking vermin, that's a regular weapon in N London, probably everywhere, as it can't be confiscated if they're stopped by the police
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 03:28 PM   #4899
baitman
Daddy day care

I hope Ian Wright wins 'im a celebrity' so Arsenal fans have something to celebrate this year.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 10:06 PM   #4900
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

I reckon Caitlin's nailed on
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 10:34 PM   #4901
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
I reckon Caitlin's nailed on
To start in midfield?

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football