It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 16-03-20, 01:04 PM   #201
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Jumped how though? Viruses don't just leap out from behind a bush and yell "surprise!!"
BSE

Farmers fed ground up cows to other cows.

The other cows then entered the human food chain

Humans then are products made from cows that ate the ground up cows.

The prions from the ground up cows that the other cows ate did the damage to humans.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 16-03-20, 01:25 PM   #202
Harv
Randy Marsh

So consumption then. Like i said. You didn't get it rubbing up against a cow did you.

It's just a matter of what. Bat? pangolin? or some other obscure creature. Blokes probably gone for a 'turducken' special and made an absolute toxic cocktail the likes of which we've never seen.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 01:30 PM   #203
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Wuhan was one of the first places to roll out 5G.

And some interesting claims here.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.c...hnk/index.html

Itís irrelevant really, only Trump has politicised the source of the outbreak.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 01:35 PM   #204
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

Itís irrelevant really, only Trump has politicised the source of the outbreak.
Trump was lauding the Feds move last night to cut US interest rates. Suggesting it'll do good things for the markets.

Wall Street opens in less than an hour and there's a good chance trading will be immediately suspended.

Though i don't think the Don will be taking any credit
Old 16-03-20, 01:36 PM   #205
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Its not true. Its a virus that mutated and jumped to a human. It happens, it happened in the UK with BSE and could happen anywhere.
Was listening to a virus expert this morning, he was absolutely convinced the ultimate source is bats
Old 16-03-20, 01:37 PM   #206
Harv
Randy Marsh

Some of the conspiracy theories are gold.

I did see some excerpt out of an 80's novel by Dean Koontz saying "In around 2020 a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe" two characters discuss a biological weapon called ‘Wuhan-400.’ Called the “perfect weapon,” it afflicts only human beings and no other living creature can carry the microorganism. Uncanny. Koontz has clearly been in Bill and Ted's time machine. Fucker could've warned us a bit better though.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Old 16-03-20, 01:39 PM   #207
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
Was listening to a virus expert this morning, he was absolutely convinced the ultimate source is bats
As our our scientists. But im just being a harv though apparently.

Old 16-03-20, 02:08 PM   #208
EwarWoo
Paisley

Bats via an intermediary animal. i.e., bat bites cow, human eats cow, human gets sick.

So yeah, definitely being an harv.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 02:20 PM   #209
cannotmakeit
Fagan

Quote:
Then some Chinese dude will find some other animal that he hasn't eaten yet and infect the world with another virus.
Bat eating is more common in parts of Indonesia, the pacific islands and PNG than China.

It originated in a Chinese market selling live game and it might have jump from certain animals to humans but no one can be certain yet on what animal itís from.

It could have happen from country. stereotyping Chinese people for it is just so Bogan.
cannotmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 02:29 PM   #210
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
Bats via an intermediary animal. i.e., bat bites cow, human eats cow, human gets sick.

So yeah, definitely being an harv.
As if that happened though. It has been widely reported to have come from an inhumane live food market. Nice try. Go buy some more toilet paper and beans even though you've already got some and compound the panic buying problems though. Good job you.

Old 16-03-20, 02:31 PM   #211
EwarWoo
Paisley

Not bought any TP in about 6 months. Nice work though. Racist fuckwit.
Old 16-03-20, 02:48 PM   #212
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannotmakeit View Post
Bat eating is more common in parts of Indonesia, the pacific islands and PNG than China.

It originated in a Chinese market selling live game and it might have jump from certain animals to humans but no one can be certain yet on what animal itís from.

It could have happen from country. stereotyping Chinese people for it is just so Bogan.
Bogan Fuck off.
Im not stereotyping. The problem has come from China. Thats a cold hard fact. (unless one of the conspiracy theories is correct) It seems to very likely be from someone consuming what has widely been reported (by scientists even!!) to be a bat (or bats). Making reference to that is not stereotyping.

People eat weird shit all over the world, yes. We eat vegemite and somehow enjoy it. But in this case it happens to be in China. So get down off your high horse.

If we had no idea where it had come from and i'd said something like "Its probably those Chinese, always eating weird shit etc". Then i'd be stereotyping

PS: I work in Chinatown here in a studio with a shitload of Chinese engineers. Even they're taking the piss out of themselves for eating weird shit and ending the world.

Old 16-03-20, 02:56 PM   #213
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Not bought any TP in about 6 months. Nice work though. Racist fuckwit.
Hang on...6months? Either you're incredibly constipated or you're the prick that ate the bat aren't you!! You've been stocking up in readiness for our impending doom. Why would you do this? Couldn't just go for some chicken?

How am i racist FFS. For saying someone's Chinese, when they are?

Last edited by Harv; 16-03-20 at 02:58 PM.
Old 16-03-20, 03:01 PM   #214
EwarWoo
Paisley

There's nothing at all racist about assuming a pandemic is caused by chinese eating weird shit. Carry on. BTW, Pauline wants your help to stop this pervasive issue.
Old 16-03-20, 03:27 PM   #215
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
There's nothing at all racist about assuming a pandemic is caused by chinese eating weird shit. Carry on. BTW, Pauline wants your help to stop this pervasive issue.
What was it caused by then, seemingly you're the one that's been stockpiling masses of toilet paper for 6mths so you must've been there at ground zero when this virus was born?

It's definitely come from China. We can all agree on that? Ok. And every medical/scientific report ive seen has said its mutated from an animal. Yep. Ok. And that animal is most likely to have been a bat say virus experts and science boffins. Some also linking it to a pangolin.

So do Chinese eat bats? Yes, they do. I have first hand knowledge of that, being friends with over a dozen Chinese here, i did ask them what bat tastes like. Not all have eaten bat. I guess like not all Aussies have eaten Kangaroo. But the few who had said it was ok, nothing special, very crispy wings obviously and not much meat. I didnt ask about Pangolin. None of them take offence to this BTW. They found the idea of eating a kangaroo shocking until they tried it. Now they cant get enough.

So IF, it turns out to be true that the virus was in fact from the consumption of a virus infested bat/rat/pangolin/whateverthefuck i expect a grovelling apology for labelling my good self as not only a racist, but also a fuckwit.

And IF, it turns out the US planted this virus in China as some part of Trump's grand plan to crush Chinese industry. I will hold my hand up and say I along with the tens of dozen scientist and virus experts that have incorrectly stated that this has come from someone in China eating a bat/rat/cat/pangolin/whateverthefuck do apologise to this Chinese person for saying they eat weird shit (even though i never actually said those exact words). I will also apologise for calling you a TP and bean hoarder (even though you clearly are)

Case closed.

Old 16-03-20, 03:37 PM   #216
baitman
Daddy day care

Now now, lets have less of this sort of thing.
Can everyone just shake hands and kiss and make up. Thats better

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 04:25 PM   #217
Scratch
If you fail once....

Sod that, let them fight it out on here...it's like we have DJ Syd back again (I think that was his name?)

Last edited by Scratch; 16-03-20 at 07:09 PM.
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 04:47 PM   #218
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 05:51 PM   #219
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Sod that, let them fight it out on here...it's like have DJ Syd back again (I think that was his name?)
AKA Craig H
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 07:31 PM   #220
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

All grassroots football clubs and leagues advised by the FA to suspend for the foreseeable
Old 16-03-20, 09:49 PM   #221
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

This is absolutely fucking mental isn't it?

Only us. Could only be us
Old 16-03-20, 10:01 PM   #222
rodo
Shankly

National has been cancelled
Old 16-03-20, 10:11 PM   #223
ChesterDave
Paisley

League and Union suspended. Surely PL Darts has to follow now
Old 16-03-20, 10:21 PM   #224
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
League and Union suspended. Surely PL Darts has to follow now
i don't know why that made me smile; but it did. Darts FFS ;o)
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-20, 11:28 PM   #225
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
i don't know why that made me smile; but it did. Darts FFS ;o)
Ha. Big crowds to be fair.

Liverpool last Thursday went ahead, here's a pic from previous year

Barry Hearn said earlier that darts and snooker should go on but Thursday in Newcastle now off.
Old 17-03-20, 12:25 AM   #226
Irishnev
Shankly

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-20, 12:46 AM   #227
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Ha. Big crowds to be fair.

Liverpool last Thursday went ahead, here's a pic from previous year

Barry Hearn said earlier that darts and snooker should go on but Thursday in Newcastle now off.
Old 17-03-20, 02:45 AM   #228
Sus
Houllier

Latest on Euro 2020 from The Athletic

Exclusive: UEFA to demand £275m to postpone Euro 2020 by a year

By David Ornstein 3h ago 80

European football’s governing body will demand compensation of about £275 million from its clubs and leagues to postpone Euro 2020 by a year in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

This is what UEFA estimates it will cost to push the European Championships back by 12 months to June 2021 and will be relayed to European football’s stakeholders in emergency meetings on Tuesday, during which it will be confirmed the tournament will be delayed by a year.

The clear priority of member leagues and clubs is to somehow complete the current season rather than abort competitions and treat the existing standings as final or rule the campaign null and void, given the numerous legal challenges that would be guaranteed to arise as a result.

Despite the scale and unpredictability of the global COVID-19 outbreak, most European leagues and clubs are understood to retain hope that their competitions can still be finished in May and June.

Other options on the table include extending the action into July or later — which could cause huge complications around player contracts that expire on June 30 — and introducing play-off systems.

Euro 2020 was due to start on June 12 and was planned to take place in 12 host cities, with the semi-finals and final at Wembley culminating on July 12.

Once UEFA has explained its plan, a task force will be established comprising representatives of UEFA, the European Club Association (ECA) and European Leagues (EL) to analyse the proposals in greater detail and produce a potential schedule as a matter of urgency.

Tuesday’s critical talks will take place using videoconference facilities.

The first meeting involves UEFA officials, the ECA and EL boards and a representative of players union FIFPro. It will be followed by another meeting between UEFA and its 55 member associations, including the English FA.

How to proceed with this season’s remaining Champions League and Europa League fixtures will also be discussed, as well as the knock-on effect of delaying Euro 2020 on next year’s Women’s European Championships, currently scheduled to take place in England in July and August 2021.

The Athletic has spoken to a number of sources who fear that whatever is decided will be superseded by events relating to what is now an escalating international health crisis.
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-20, 03:42 AM   #229
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Its true though. We're now dealing with all of this absolute shit because some bloke ate a friggin bat or a pangolin or a pangolin stuffed with bat. It's crazy.
It's batshit gravy mate.
Old 17-03-20, 06:39 AM   #230
Harv
Randy Marsh

mmm guano

Old 17-03-20, 07:52 AM   #231
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
Latest on Euro 2020 from The Athletic

Exclusive: UEFA to demand £275m to postpone Euro 2020 by a year

By David Ornstein 3h ago 80

European football’s governing body will demand compensation of about £275 million from its clubs and leagues to postpone Euro 2020 by a year in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

This is what UEFA estimates it will cost to push the European Championships back by 12 months to June 2021 and will be relayed to European football’s stakeholders in emergency meetings on Tuesday, during which it will be confirmed the tournament will be delayed by a year.

The clear priority of member leagues and clubs is to somehow complete the current season rather than abort competitions and treat the existing standings as final or rule the campaign null and void, given the numerous legal challenges that would be guaranteed to arise as a result.

Despite the scale and unpredictability of the global COVID-19 outbreak, most European leagues and clubs are understood to retain hope that their competitions can still be finished in May and June.

Other options on the table include extending the action into July or later — which could cause huge complications around player contracts that expire on June 30 — and introducing play-off systems.

Euro 2020 was due to start on June 12 and was planned to take place in 12 host cities, with the semi-finals and final at Wembley culminating on July 12.

Once UEFA has explained its plan, a task force will be established comprising representatives of UEFA, the European Club Association (ECA) and European Leagues (EL) to analyse the proposals in greater detail and produce a potential schedule as a matter of urgency.

Tuesday’s critical talks will take place using videoconference facilities.

The first meeting involves UEFA officials, the ECA and EL boards and a representative of players union FIFPro. It will be followed by another meeting between UEFA and its 55 member associations, including the English FA.

How to proceed with this season’s remaining Champions League and Europa League fixtures will also be discussed, as well as the knock-on effect of delaying Euro 2020 on next year’s Women’s European Championships, currently scheduled to take place in England in July and August 2021.

The Athletic has spoken to a number of sources who fear that whatever is decided will be superseded by events relating to what is now an escalating international health crisis.
Until a vaccination is found there's no guarantee the world won't be in some sort of new supression stage next year.
Old 17-03-20, 07:57 AM   #232
Fivex
The Wisp

No idea why they donít just cancel it rather than delay - far more important things to be stressing about ffs
Old 17-03-20, 08:03 AM   #233
Harv
Randy Marsh

They could always not postpone it and nobody turn up? What other options are there? Don't think UEFA are in any situation to be demanding anything from clubs. This is a completely unprecedented situation the world is in. Everyone needs to quit being greedy cunts and start thinking rationally from the ground up. All the way from TP and beans at your local store to multi million dollar industries. Hard for humans to do I know, but it's a must if we're to get through this.

Old 17-03-20, 01:38 PM   #234
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Euro 2020 postponed, obviously.
Old 17-03-20, 01:39 PM   #235
RichC
Meh

A sensible decision by UEFA. I'm sort of shocked.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-20, 01:41 PM   #236
Harv
Randy Marsh

They really couldn't do anything else could they.

The aussie rules season over here is supposed to start this weekend and they still haven't made a decision on whether games will be played. It's absurd.

Old 17-03-20, 02:13 PM   #237
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

AFL clubs will go to the wall if they don't play.
Old 17-03-20, 02:22 PM   #238
red g
Paisley

Valencia have confirmed ďaround 35 per centĒ of their players and backroom staff have tested positive for coronavirus.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-20, 02:38 PM   #239
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
Valencia have confirmed ďaround 35 per centĒ of their players and backroom staff have tested positive for coronavirus.
Fucking hell, did they lick the crowd or something?
Old 17-03-20, 05:07 PM   #240
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Fucking hell, did they lick the crowd or something?

No but they had to travel to Italy to play a game
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC