It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 03-05-21, 11:11 AM   #3801
Yozza
Shankly

https://mobile.twitter.com/DennisCri...24492539043841

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 03:02 PM   #3802
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

WTF..!
Old 05-05-21, 09:53 PM   #3803
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Jesus Christ, you'd never expect that to happen in Sydney of all places. Don't want to be pesssamistic, but these things are seldom random and you'd have to think he's done something to provoke it. Was such a good player, if it wasn't for Warne everyone would know him. And he's facials when bowling always amused me.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 10:01 AM   #3804
Yozza
Shankly

Start of cricket summer today

England v Kiwis - first test....

Old 02-06-21, 03:19 PM   #3805
Zapater
Dalglish

Conway looks a really good player. Record in South Africa and England is shit, but saw him in some limited overs games and looks a real batsmen. Not surprised to see him get off to a good start.
Old 03-06-21, 10:25 AM   #3806
Yozza
Shankly

Idiot...

Ollie Robinson tweets: England seamer apologises for historical racist and sexist posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57335528

Old 03-06-21, 12:46 PM   #3807
Yozza
Shankly

Wow - bit of a turn around

New Zealand lose four wickets for six runs.

Old 03-06-21, 12:46 PM   #3808
Yozza
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Conway looks a really good player. Record in South Africa and England is shit, but saw him in some limited overs games and looks a real batsmen. Not surprised to see him get off to a good start.
He's been fantastic

Old 03-06-21, 01:40 PM   #3809
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
Idiot...

Ollie Robinson tweets: England seamer apologises for historical racist and sexist posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57335528
When I saw the story yesterday I expected them to be a lot worse. Immature 18/19 year old saying immature things is hardly surprising. I'd rather judge him how he is behaving now than 8 or 9 years ago and I'd guess that they had to go so far back to find them he is behaving much more in line with expected standards for an adult.

Weirder thing for me is the people who trawl through years of social media postings to find content like that. Proper creepy weirdo behaviour that is.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 02:56 PM   #3810
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

What a debut from Conway
Old 03-06-21, 03:26 PM   #3811
Yozza
Shankly

England 18-2

Old 04-06-21, 01:51 PM   #3812
Yozza
Shankly

Typical - rest of the country is basking in sunshine & its pissing it down at Lords....

Old 06-06-21, 10:10 PM   #3813
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
When I saw the story yesterday I expected them to be a lot worse. Immature 18/19 year old saying immature things is hardly surprising. I'd rather judge him how he is behaving now than 8 or 9 years ago and I'd guess that they had to go so far back to find them he is behaving much more in line with expected standards for an adult.

Weirder thing for me is the people who trawl through years of social media postings to find content like that. Proper creepy weirdo behaviour that is.
And now he's suspended, what a crock of shit!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57379184
Old 07-06-21, 10:43 AM   #3814
memzey
Fagan

What did he actually say?
Old 07-06-21, 01:33 PM   #3815
ChesterDave
Paisley

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-sexist-tweets

Those were the Tweets I had seen when I commented. I have however seen a few more since that add to the numbers and make it look a little worse (no idea of the censoring);

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/02/crick...erge-14703992/

I initially assumed Bex Dickson was a randomer he was interacting with but after the comment about boxing and her being tagged in that I wonder if she is the ex and kept the tweets for ages waiting to get her own back for something? Byron Gould appears to be involved in cricket in some capacity (former teammate) so could also be him if they had a falling out.

Of course, it might have been someone finding them completely at random but a lot of those tweets don't have obvious words in that someone speculatively searching might find. It looks to me like someone with an axe to grind knew about them and released them at this time for damage.
Old 07-06-21, 01:57 PM   #3816
Fivex
The Wisp

Old 07-06-21, 02:03 PM   #3817
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah those are a bit worse than the ones I read the other day.

Not excusing it at all, but why anyone with any sort of profile hasnt had their twitter feed vetted is beyond me. Accident waiting to happen.
Old 07-06-21, 02:19 PM   #3818
ChesterDave
Paisley

To be honest, I'm really not even sure why the tweet about the boxing is in the list. Did they need it to be symmetrical and that was the juiciest they could find?
Old 07-06-21, 02:27 PM   #3819
Zapater
Dalglish

Grammar is awful, but I thought it was going to be much worse after the fallout. Embarrassing and perhaps in poor taste but hardly the end of the world. He looks like a twat having that exposed. There would be plenty of other players in international cricket who have done much worse. FFS David Lehmann shouted abuse on the lines of "fuck you, you black fucking niggas" at the Sri Lankan teams dressing room after losing a match and he didn't even get a ban. I'm anti discrimination etc but dropping him seems a bit extreme.

Not sure what's wrong with saying that some girls lack class either. Like him, some definitely do.
Old 07-06-21, 02:49 PM   #3820
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Grammar is awful, but I thought it was going to be much worse after the fallout. Embarrassing and perhaps in poor taste but hardly the end of the world. He looks like a twat having that exposed. There would be plenty of other players in international cricket who have done much worse. FFS David Lehmann shouted abuse on the lines of "fuck you, you black fucking niggas" at the Sri Lankan teams dressing room after losing a match and he didn't even get a ban. I'm anti discrimination etc but dropping him seems a bit extreme.

Not sure what's wrong with saying that some girls lack class either. Like him, some definitely do.
Yeah, it's definitely embarrassing. He clearly was a bit of a twat when he was younger and the most concerning tweet would be about him 'finishing on an unconscious girls face'. Thats disturbing.

I don't have the ECB down as one of the more forward thinking organisations about so I am guessing they have not got a fucking clue how to deal with this appropriately.
Old 07-06-21, 03:07 PM   #3821
ChesterDave
Paisley

If he did then it is obviously disgraceful but I'd want to see what he is replying to. It appears to be a response to a tweet where he was accused of that rather than an admittance he did

I did see that the ECB don't even know if they have jurisdiction! The disciplinary process is determined by whether or not he had a contract at the time so Tweets from 2012, 13, and 14 could see him having to be dealt with separately by different bodies for different tweets. What a mess
Old 08-06-21, 12:00 AM   #3822
ChesterDave
Paisley

Second unnamed England player with an historic racist Tweet. This time they were 15 when it was sent. No details as to who as nobody is naming them due to their age at the time of the offence. Those that are discussing it have been smart enough to hide the date of the tweet so expect this might be a lot more hush in how it is dealt with.

FWIW, this was a single tweet using a term that might also be used when people talking about a takeaway option.
Old 09-06-21, 02:28 PM   #3823
ChesterDave
Paisley

T20 Blast starts today. Well now in fact with Lancashire v Derbyshire
Old 10-06-21, 09:32 AM   #3824
Yozza
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
T20 Blast starts today. Well now in fact with Lancashire v Derbyshire
Yeah good to see my team LL off to a win

Second Test starts today... let's hope for a better game than the first one.. weather permitting of course

It's at Edgbaston I think?

Old 10-06-21, 10:48 AM   #3825
Yozza
Shankly

England win the toss & bat....

Old 10-06-21, 11:44 AM   #3826
Zapater
Dalglish

Did anyone else watch 'the Test' on Amazon Prime? I only watched it last week, can't believe I didn't check it out sooner. The chaos of the 3rd Headingly Ashes test from the Aussie dressing room was insane. Couldn't have written a script like that.
Old 10-06-21, 12:08 PM   #3827
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Did anyone else watch 'the Test' on Amazon Prime? I only watched it last week, can't believe I didn't check it out sooner. The chaos of the 3rd Headingly Ashes test from the Aussie dressing room was insane. Couldn't have written a script like that.
It was excellent, I binged it last year in a ridiculously short amount of time.

You couldn't help but warm to a number of the Aussies.
Old 10-06-21, 12:22 PM   #3828
Yozza
Shankly

Quote:
I'll check it out - thanks

Solid start from England....

Old 10-06-21, 01:57 PM   #3829
maxwellbaxter
Houllier

The Edge too on iplayer...superb
Old 10-06-21, 02:54 PM   #3830
Yozza
Shankly

England throwing away wickets again....

113-3

Old 10-06-21, 03:03 PM   #3831
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
It was excellent, I binged it last year in a ridiculously short amount of time.

You couldn't help but warm to a number of the Aussies.
In all honesty it didn't give me any better opinion of them. I've always hated that team and it made me more repulsed by them trying to greenwash their image. A handful of them seem okay, but the rest are horrible. Mitch Marsh, Khawaja, Finch, Hazelwood, maybe Paine and that's about it for me.

I also like how they refer to their blatant cheating as a 'mistake' and expect things to carry on like nothing happened. Guess we can all do whatever we like then label it an accident or a mistake later and expect our reputations to remain intact.

If I ever see Warner in my life, I'd ask him what it's like to be married to the village whore. Some guys love to dish it out and can't take it. As immature as it is, I'd love to see the look on his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellbaxter View Post
The Edge too on iplayer...superb
Will check it out, never heard of it. Fire in Babylon is excellent too.
Old 10-06-21, 03:07 PM   #3832
Zapater
Dalglish

SA vs WI too

South Africa XI: 1 Aiden Markram, 2 Dean Elgar (cap), 3 Keegan Petersen, 4 Rassie van der Dussen, 5 Kyle Verreynne, 6 Quinton de Kock (wk), 7 Wiaan Mulder, 8 Kagiso Rabada, 9 Keshav Maharaj, 10 Lungi Ngidi, 11 Anrich Nortje

West Indies XI: 1 Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), 2 Shai Hope, 3 Nkrumah Bonner, 4 Kyle Mayers, 5 Jermaine Blackwood, 6 Roston Chase, 7 Joshua Da Silva (wk), 8 Jason Holder, 9 Rahkeem Cornwall, 10 Kemar Roach, 11 Jayden Seales

----

Windies won the toss and elected to bat. Braithwaite replaces Holder as captian.

Fantastic news for SA, Bavuma ruled out through injury so Verreynne and Peterson are in the XI. Probably the closest to a merit based (not quota) team fielded in 3 or 4 years. Hopefully they can both get some runs and we never see VC Bavuma in a test match again.
Old 10-06-21, 04:24 PM   #3833
Yozza
Shankly

179-6

Really poor from England...

Old 10-06-21, 05:25 PM   #3834
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

England exist to collapse.
Old 11-06-21, 12:13 AM   #3835
Zapater
Dalglish

Bit of a fun fact for people who didn't know. Daryl Mitchell who had a bit of a trundle is the son of John Mitchell, the ex All Blacks coach and current England defence coach.
Old 11-06-21, 10:16 AM   #3836
Yozza
Shankly

They actually recovered quite well - thanks to Burns & Lawrence England get to 258-7

Old 11-06-21, 11:14 AM   #3837
Zapater
Dalglish

Wood putting on a batting masterclass.
Old 11-06-21, 11:28 AM   #3838
Yozza
Shankly

Quote:
Wood putting on a batting masterclass.
Kiss of death....

Old 11-06-21, 11:47 AM   #3839
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
Kiss of death....
He had a massive swipe at one outside off the very ball after I posted that.

Loving Mikey calling Boult a 'dibbly dobbly' bowler would definitely wind up some kiwis.
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM   #3840
ChesterDave
Paisley

2 wickets down already for England. Will be lucky to make NZ bat again!

est1892 > General > General Sports